Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,586 members, 7,820,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. (18807 Views)

FUTO Student Dressed As A Native Doctor To A Night Class As Exam Draws Near / [PICTURES] See What Kogi State University Student Found In Their Hostel As They / Bowen University Students Who Fought, Sent Out Of Their Hostel (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by fejioguma(f): 11:29am On Mar 30, 2018
Scholar212:
bros calm down, uniben is just playing politics. They also used it for Nursing accreditation and told their council it is for their students too. They are using it for accreditation of different departments in Complex to increase their admission quota and make more money. The school is casted and has no ones interest at heart.

Ideally if it where to be the kind of Unilag set Up where college of medical science and campus is located entirely different in the teaching hospital, this won't be happening. They would have built enough hostels for all departments that would be in the college and teaching hospital
The thing is this hostel was specifically built for Medical Students.
Check Vanguard's site in 2013
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/nddc-provides-186-room-hostel-for-uniben/
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by blessingsonflee(f): 11:32am On Mar 30, 2018
UNIBEN ! always trending for the wrong reasons . embarassed
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 30, 2018
odysey:

how much 4d hotplate?
She said it's 4k but I guess the price is negotiable.
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 30, 2018
ChildOfDoom:
kim.braa in uniben shocked
shocked
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by Nelsizzy(m): 11:39am On Mar 30, 2018
blessingsonflee:
UNIBEN ! always trending for the wrong reasons . embarassed
Honestly, I am tired of this school. The new Dean of Students have been horrible handling Hostel issues for the past two sessions, making Uniben lose millions.

1 Like

Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by fejioguma(f): 11:40am On Mar 30, 2018
Nelsizzy:
Honestly, I am tired of this school. The new Dean of Students have been horrible handling Hostel issues for the past two sessions, making Uniben lose millions.
You're very correct
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by odysey: 11:58am On Mar 30, 2018
kimbraa:
She said it's 4k but I guess the price is negotiable.

is it double plate?
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 30, 2018
odysey:

is it double plate?
I'll find out and let you know 'cause I'm not where she is right now.

1 Like

Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by Mhizrohzz(f): 12:11pm On Mar 30, 2018
kimbraa:
Imagine! While kerosene is the order of the day here. My friend that came with hotplate wants to sell it but no one is willing to get into trouble with the porters. grin

Of course, boys are dirtier na. tongue I think the old women who clean are doing a nice job. Here, if anyone poos and messes up the toilet, that floor's light will be disconnected for as long as until one of them volunteers to clean it up. Such punishment kind of put the dirty ones in check. grin
on dirty issue try hall2, u can b in June 12 nd perceive d bad odour coming from dat house and they use hotplates like the portals don't exist.
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by Stephansmily(f): 12:12pm On Mar 30, 2018
fejioguma:

My dear, our second MB is just days away and we have no where to stay.

This is sad cry
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by oceandivee(m): 12:14pm On Mar 30, 2018
It's just so sad and unfortunate, Uniben's administration is not doing well at all
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by Mhizrohzz(f): 12:16pm On Mar 30, 2018
Shayetet13:

the hall five you mentioned should be postgraduate hostel. Isn't it?
postgraduate ke, I'm not sure nd even if, they're not up to 20%
wit connection u can get into any hostel of ur choice in uniben nd dats y medical students ain't many in NDDC cux those wit connection has taken much of their space in the hostel
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by billyG(m): 1:27pm On Mar 30, 2018
Students that supposed 2 b feed & accomodated by d govt!
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by gregyboy(m): 1:29pm On Mar 30, 2018
Still enjoying free space in hostel at hall 4 my leg nor long reach it could be hall 5 i wont pay a dime again even nxt semester shey dem increase hostel fee na dem go hear word for hall3$4
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by paxonel(m): 1:34pm On Mar 30, 2018
When medical students were occupying hall 1, hall 2 , hall 3 and even hall 4 with students of other faculties don't they think students of other faculties who were affected will come and stay with them in their hostels?

I for one, i stayed in medical hostel closed to the anatomy gate before i graduated, there was never any complain
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by mamuzoOMAH(m): 2:56pm On Mar 30, 2018
UNIBEN management need Pope, Angel Michael, Jesus Christ and God. The corruption for that school na die. if u no get leg for the sch, u better get mind Or power. make dem even shut down the school sef
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by DateMynd44(m): 10:30pm On Mar 30, 2018
YemziAdez:
These pictures and events brought back some nostalgic memories.

During my days at the University of Benin, I was a full-time squatter. I never thought of applying neither did I applied for a space, but I knew I was going to stay with someone following the allocation of the hostel spaces.

I was particularly interested in reading my books, although, sometimes, I cried when I'm prevented from entering the hostel (Lol, all of these were due to the lack of finances).

My goal was to study, but due to my kind of nature, and by the Grace of God, I had friends who were ready to accommodate me.

Today, looking back at all the stresses and discomforts, I can only say I'm grateful to God as I graduated with a summa cum laude degree (1.1).

Consequently, I think the students should set their priorities and move to the next available hostel spaces, instead of staging a time wasting protest.

boss im always edified by ur uniben testimony especially the first class issue.
Congrats bro. Anytime u visit uniben don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by YemziAdez(m): 11:12pm On Mar 30, 2018
DateMynd44:
boss im always edified by ur uniben testimony especially the first class issue.
Congrats bro. Anytime u visit uniben don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks

No worries Dear!

I will come around at some point, although, I'm on my one year national service (NYSC).
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by odigbosky(m): 6:17am On Mar 31, 2018
fejioguma:

Nddc was built for Medical students in UNIBEN.
Check out this site and LEARN.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/nddc-provides-186-room-hostel-for-uniben/

when you say medical students please does it include those in BMS
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by irphQas: 9:28am On Mar 31, 2018
Mr Fortune obviousely have had his full, a hungry man won't play with food
this way.

That said, that's some nice moulding there, he really is creative
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by DateMynd44(m): 2:07pm On Mar 31, 2018
ChildOfDoom:
kimbraa in uniben shocked
she's a carry over student. Her set finished 5 years ago but she is still in uniben all because of GST111 that she's been carrying over. I just pray she passes this time around.
For the record. She's 32 years old.
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by DateMynd44(m): 2:09pm On Mar 31, 2018
irphQas:
Mr Fortune obviousely have had his full, a hungry man won't play with food
this way.

That said, that's some nice moulding there, he really is creative
are you sick an blind? How does this shit you posted correlate with this topic
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 31, 2018
DateMynd44:
she's a carry over student. Her set finished 5 years ago but she is still in uniben all because of GST111 that she's been carrying over. I just pray she passes this time around.
For the record. She's 32 years old.
Okay. cheesy
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by OgaBuhari: 1:29am On Mar 24, 2019
YemziAdez:

No worries Dear!

I will come around at some point, although, I'm on my one year national service (NYSC).
hi bro how were u able squat in Uniben.
Uniben just increased returning student fees to 45k now hostel accommodation is hard and also houses at osasogie and bdpa now rose up to 90k

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LASU Students Defeat U.I, Futa And Others At Inter-university Debate In Funaab / Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? / University Of Cape-Town Promotes 3 Nigerians To Rank Of Professor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.