Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

How Obj Killed Yar'adua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Obj Killed Yar'adua (4636 Views)

See How OBJ And Patience Jonathan Are Cooling It Off At A Party Recently / The Igbo Curse That Killed Yar'adua And Will Kill Buhari. / How Obj Made Me Governor – Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Obj Killed Yar'adua by shadrach77: 2:34am On May 06, 2010
now here is my hypothesis - obj knew the rigours of presidency being in the seat himself - obj knew yar'adua was not fit enough for the office yet he decideed to encourage umaru in order to (a) avoid being probed (b) control the nation by proxy. umaru survived 8 yrs as governor of katsina state - but the presidency was a different kettle of fish and the rigours of the office greatly affected his health culminating in his death - it's safe to say obj killed him cry kiss
Re: How Obj Killed Yar'adua by Nobody: 2:49am On May 06, 2010
shadrach77:

now here is my hypothesis - obj knew the rigours of presidency being in the seat himself - obj knew yar'adua was not fit enough for the office yet he decideed to encourage umaru in order to (a) avoid being probed (b) control the nation by proxy. umaru survived 8 yrs as governor of katsina state - but the presidency was a different kettle of fish and the rigours of the office greatly affected his health culminating in his death - it's safe to say obj killed him cry kiss

It is safe to say you are very dumb

Yar'adua was a 55year old man when he was nominated not 15.

He is old enough to say thanks but no thanks but he accepted the offer,

Meanwhile OBJ acted based on advice not least based on Yar'adua's personal doctor's report.
Re: How Obj Killed Yar'adua by Sagamite(m): 2:51am On May 06, 2010
shadrach77:

now here is my hypothesis - obj knew the rigours of presidency being in the seat himself - obj knew yar'adua was not fit enough for the office yet he decideed to encourage umaru in order to (a) avoid being probed (b) control the nation by proxy. umaru survived 8 yrs as governor of katsina state - but the presidency was a different kettle of fish and the rigours of the office greatly affected his health culminating in his death - it's safe to say obj killed him  cry kiss

You are a slowpoke!

Do some of you engage your brain before posting?

This level of thinking that leads to wide, moronic accusations, that is common in Nigeria, is really pathetic.
Re: How Obj Killed Yar'adua by Osama10(m): 2:56am On May 06, 2010
Was a gun pointed on his head to take up the damn job?
Re: How Obj Killed Yar'adua by ikamefa(f): 2:56am On May 06, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^  ROFL at thread and posts in hia!!!

chai 9ja people cheesy cheesy cheesy

conspiracy theories everywhere " grin " na wah!
Re: How Obj Killed Yar'adua by Sagamite(m): 3:02am On May 06, 2010
ikamefa:

^^^^^^^^^^  ROFL at thread and posts in hia!!!

chai 9ja people cheesy cheesy cheesy

conspiracy theories everywhere  "  grin "   na wah!

Some of these supposed graduates live their life through formulating, developing and spreading conspiracy theories.

It is REALLY SHOCKING AND PATHETIC.

Is fish so expensive in Nigeria? Is it really that expensive? It seems a lot of people lack basic Omega 3 fatty acids intake to help brain function.

Absolute bloody morons!
Re: How Obj Killed Yar'adua by OAM4J: 3:07am On May 06, 2010
shadrach77:

gosh!!!

internet is not for kids.
Re: How Obj Killed Yar'adua by ikamefa(f): 3:26am On May 06, 2010
Sagamite:

Some of these supposed graduates live their life through formulating, developing and spreading conspiracy theories.

It is REALLY SHOCKING AND PATHETIC.

Is fish so expensive in Nigeria? Is it really that expensive? It seems a lot of people lack basic Omega 3 fatty acids intake to help brain function.

Absolute bloody morons
!

shockedgrin " can u blame them  , with 100% graduate unemployment in 9ja ,the devil will surely find jobs for the idle hands, hence all

these rubbish theories , e lo wa ise se jare! , obj kill yaradua koo, yaradua pai naturally nii grin
Re: How Obj Killed Yar'adua by keyremotes(m): 9:15am On May 06, 2010
Even if the man was not president would he not have died?
I believe the presidency even helped keep him alive till today.
Who would have picked up the bills, had it not been for his position.
People die everyday of of diseases less serious than what he had.
I may be wrong.
Re: How Obj Killed Yar'adua by tkb417(m): 9:33am On May 06, 2010
shadrach77:

it is safe to say in the posse of morons, you should be a life president

dont you ever post on this blog again u rat
Re: How Obj Killed Yar'adua by Gbawe: 9:57am On May 06, 2010
You guys should chill with your attack against the thread starter !!! What is all this talk about Yar Adua being an adult ? Even intelligent folks are now speaking as if they have amnesia !!! Yar Adua was heading towards the lecture room after his tenure as Governor of Katsina. He initially rejected OBJ's overtures . That is the truth. I have no doubt that Turai and other ambitious thieves gave Yar Adua no peace till he reluctantly agreed.

Many influential emmisaries were sent to get Yar Adua on board "by all means" . The man eventually caved in. While I doubt that OBJ , even as callous as he is , intentionally schemed for Yar Adua's death (as the thread starter surmised) I am almost sure that OBJ planned to hijack the Presidency by controlling a President (Yar Adua) he assumed would be too distracted with chronic illness. Yar Adua , even with debilitating chronic illness, proved stubborn and resistive. This took OBJ by surprise.

Overall , OBJ is not innocent as per the death of Yar Adua.  Several fit and better prepared men (eg Donald Duke) sought the Presidency. OBJ wickedly and cynically produced Yar Adua because he wanted a vulnerable President he could control in his quest to lead Nigeria by proxy. No one should pretend that OBJ was hoodwinked over Yar Adua's health by some personal Physician to our dead President. OBJ knew that Yar Adua was very ill. If some of us had fathomed and stated on Nairaland (using simple logic) that Yar Adua had reached the third (and fatal) stage of Churg Strauss even before he became President , because of organ involvement, then OBJ would have known far much more !!!

We should stop decieving ourselves in Nigeria. The likes of OBJ, IBB, Danjuma et al are all wicked, egotistic and selfish individual who do not care about Nigeria . We should be working to rid our politics of the "old boys" who grew up on a diet of deadly politics that is based on a murderous "winner takes all mentality" instead of making excuses for their callous actions. Yes, OBJ is indirectly responsible for Yar Adua's death.
Re: How Obj Killed Yar'adua by tkb417(m): 10:15am On May 06, 2010
invalid, unsubstantiated ,baseless conjectures

how did you know OBJ's plan was to control a sick Yaradua?

he told you or you were in the meeting where it was discussed

hissss

sometimes people dont perish cos of knowledge alone but can perish because you know too much

did they put a gun to his head to contest? when he was ill, did he resign?

if he wasnt power hungry, why did he have to even contest as a Guvnor in his state when he knew he was sick abi the sickness started when he became a Guvnor.

rubbish and baseless theories
Re: How Obj Killed Yar'adua by keyremotes(m): 10:24am On May 06, 2010
tkb417:

hissss

sometimes people dont perish cos of knowledge alone but can perish because you know too much

if he wasnt power hungry, why did he have to even contest to as a Guvnor in his state when he knew he was sick abi the sickness started when he became a Guvnor.

GBAM!!
Re: How Obj Killed Yar'adua by chosen04(f): 10:37am On May 06, 2010
Baseless conspiracy theory.

If he was controlled by TURAI against his wish and will, then he is not man enough.
Re: How Obj Killed Yar'adua by spicyhoney(f): 10:46am On May 06, 2010
@ poster U are just a typical Nigerian, always blaming and looking for somebody to blame for everything. Do you have proof?
Re: How Obj Killed Yar'adua by Sagamite(m): 10:53am On May 06, 2010
Gbawe:

You guys should chill with your attack against the thread starter !!! What is all this talk about Yar Adua being an adult ? Even intelligent folks are now speaking as if they have amnesia !!! Yar Adua was heading towards the lecture room after his tenure as Governor of Katsina. He initially rejected OBJ's overtures . That is the truth. I have no doubt that Turai and other ambitious thieves gave Yar Adua no peace till he reluctantly agreed.

Many influential emmisaries were sent to get Yar Adua on board "by all means" . The man eventually caved in. While I doubt that OBJ , even as callous as he is , intentionally schemed for Yar Adua's death (as the thread starter surmised) I am almost sure that OBJ planned to hijack the Presidency by controlling a President (Yar Adua) he assumed would be too distracted with chronic illness. Yar Adua , even with debilitating chronic illness, proved stubborn and resistive. This took OBJ by surprise.

Overall , OBJ is not innocent as per the death of Yar Adua.  Several fit and better prepared men (eg Donald Duke) sought the Presidency. OBJ wickedly and cynically produced Yar Adua because he wanted a vulnerable President he could control in his quest to lead Nigeria by proxy. No one should pretend that OBJ was hoodwinked over Yar Adua's health by some personal Physician to our dead President. OBJ knew that Yar Adua was very ill. If some of us had fathomed and stated on Nairaland (using simple logic) that Yar Adua had reached the third (and fatal) stage of Churg Strauss even before he became President , because of organ involvement, then OBJ would have known far much more !!!

We should stop decieving ourselves in Nigeria. The likes of OBJ, IBB, Danjuma et al are all wicked, egotistic and selfish individual who do not care about Nigeria . We should be working to rid our politics of the "old boys" who grew up on a diet of deadly politics that is based on a murderous "winner takes all mentality" instead of making excuses for their callous actions. Yes, OBJ is indirectly responsible for Yar Adua's death.

Another moroninc, idiotic, foolish, slowpoke idiot!

Will now call himself graduate and all he knows is to throw conjectures and ignorant acceptance and spreading of rumours.

So Yaradua cannot say NO even if so-called "pressure" is put on him.
Re: How Obj Killed Yar'adua by Gbawe: 10:55am On May 06, 2010
tkb417:

hissss

if he wasnt power hungry, why did he have to even contest as a Guvnor in his state when he knew he was sick abi the sickness started when he became a Guvnor.

My friend , you need more knowledge and the bolded part above demonstrates this vividly. Please read up about Churg Strauss. When Yar Adua contested as Governor he was at stage one of the disease. This stage is very mild and is easily misdiagnosed to be controllable ashtma . This is exactly what happened !! Yar Adua was thought to have Asthma and was treated entirely wrongly for years !!

So you are totally incorrect to state that Yar Adua knew "he was sick" when he became Governor . Many have ashtma and carry on with their lives easily. Churg Strauss is entirely different.

OBJ's hands are badly tainted with easily proven and blatant corruption. He stole with a disregard for decorum , after his third term ambition failed (Eg NIPP scheme)  , because he knew he would produce a "friendly" President who will refuse to probe him while , in his mind, allow him to still control the affairs of Nigeria from the background.

You can claim it is "baseless conjecture" all you want but most Nigerians know the truth given that we have seen the same thing happen overe and over again. Outgoing Governors select incoming "friendly" Governors who will not "rock the boat" and outgoing President do the same !!!

It is laughable when it is Nigerians themselves insulting other Nigerians who state the truth of how things really operate in our nation !!! How will change come when we call age old , reprehensible and extremely common practices "rubbish and baseless theories " ?

When I stated on this forum that Yar Adua is unlikely to recover because it is likely , given his unique symptoms and illness history, he was at stage 3 ( the fatal stage) of churg strauss the response from some Nairalanders was similar to yours i.e "baseless nonsense" ." Have I spoken to Yar Adua's physician to know his illness" bla bla bla . What has happened now? There is nothing wrong in using our God-given intelligence to surmise obvious things the politicians will never tell us. When dealing  with politicians (Nigerian politicians) more dirty than those seen elsewhere in the world it becomes even more imperative that Nigerians remain proactive , rather than reactionary, in thinking.
Re: How Obj Killed Yar'adua by chosen04(f): 11:00am On May 06, 2010
Sagamite:

Will now call himself graduate and all he knows is to throw conjectures and ignorant acceptance and spreading of rumours.

The 1st bolded doesnot make u sound in the league of the 2nd bolded.

Cant we disagree without all these insults    *****shakes head*****
Re: How Obj Killed Yar'adua by Sagamite(m): 11:04am On May 06, 2010
chosen04:

The 1st bolded doesnot make u sound in the league of the 2nd bolded.

Cant we disagree without all these insults    *****shakes head*****

Fool, it is a comedic delivery.
Re: How Obj Killed Yar'adua by Godalone(m): 11:09am On May 06, 2010
Yaradua was not forced to accept the offer.
Re: How Obj Killed Yar'adua by Gbawe: 11:13am On May 06, 2010
Sagamite:

I will ignore your uncouth and unsolicited "area boy" insults because I believe that sensible and gracious adults should be able to remain polite in discussing with others even when opinions are opposed.

I have not absolved Yar Adua of blame in all this . Of course he is guilty of accepting a "poisoned chalice". He gained a Presidency he did not merit. Nonetheless we must ascribe guilt for his demise , even if indirect, to OBJ also. The man was ill . OBJ would know the extent of his illness far more than the rest of us . The man collapsed at a campaign rally for god sake !!!! In the light of that occurence , and if OBJ is innocent , he should review his unreasonable choice of Yar Adua for the sake of Nigeria. Instead OBJ patronised Nigerians with an "Umoru are you alive " phonecall to a German hospital !!! . Being the President OBJ could avail himself of the best intelligence available home and abroad. It would be naive to think that OBJ was not aware that Yar Adua was very ill when he selected the former Katsina Governor as his successor considering that some of us , and minus the type of info OBJ would have , still deduced correctly that Yar Adua was in bad shape from the start !!!!

Sure Yar Adua should have said no but , if we are politically mature in Nigeria , we will look at the roles played by everyone in this sad saga so that lessons are learnt that will prevent similar happening in future. Selfish kingmaking is harming Nigeria and , if we want progress, we should not fail to look at the roles of wicked kingmakers who , time and time again, leave Nigeria in the worst hands because of their own selfish interests.

With the way some of you are talking, why will OBJ not be encouraged to continue his wicked kingmaking that sees him leaving regressive folks (like Alao Akala) everywhere to the detriment of Nigeria and Nigerians?

Why will Babagida , Danjuma, et al (despite the damage these folks have done to Nigeria) not be encouraged to come back and injure our nation more?

Afterall Babangida fails to accept blame for June 12 because he knows he is dealing with a people who will still argue his innocence despite his treasonable misconduct.
Re: How Obj Killed Yar'adua by chosen04(f): 11:30am On May 06, 2010
Sagamite:

Fool, it is a comedic delivery.

Its only a Bigger fool that uses an object meant for the EAR for the EYES.

Where is the your ''comedic delivery'' in an area boy languages as in below

''Another moroninc, idiotic, foolish, slowpoke idiot!''

Gbawe:

I will ignore your uncouth and unsolicited "area boy" insults because I believe that sensible and gracious adults should be able to remain polite in discussing with others even when opinions are opposed.

That is the spirit
Re: How Obj Killed Yar'adua by Sagamite(m): 11:34am On May 06, 2010
chosen04:

Its only a Bigger fool that uses an object meant for the EAR for the EYES.

Where is the your ''comedic delivery'' in an area boy languages as in below

''Another moroninc, idiotic, foolish, slowpoke idiot!''

That is the spirit

Shut up!

You are dim, that is why you did not get it.
Re: How Obj Killed Yar'adua by chosen04(f): 11:48am On May 06, 2010
Sagamite:

Shut up!

Hope you need that the words ''SHUT UP!'' is not a greeting or a compliment in any part of this world?

Sagamite:

You are dim, that is why you did not get it.

You are a humbug, that is why i dont need to get u.
Re: How Obj Killed Yar'adua by bilymuse: 11:57am On May 06, 2010
OBJ advised Yaradua to resign some few months ago and take care of his health.

I dont like OBJ, but lets call a spade a spade.
Re: How Obj Killed Yar'adua by MaiSuya(m): 12:08pm On May 06, 2010
See them, na soso fight una sabi yeye
Re: How Obj Killed Yar'adua by tkb417(m): 12:21pm On May 06, 2010
Lmao

Sagamite
leave the babe o

@Gbawe

i have read your theories but we should stop encouraging unfounded hearsays

Comment on what you know, seen , feel and heard( from reliable sources) and not what conspiracy theorists propagate to heat up the polity

Yaradua died cos of bad health and blaming someone for his prolonged stay in power in the face of his ill health is absolute inanity
Re: How Obj Killed Yar'adua by Sagamite(m): 2:30pm On May 06, 2010
tkb417:

Comment on what you know, seen , feel and heard( from reliable sources) and not what conspiracy theorists propagate to heat up the polity

It is becoming more evident that it takes a lot of intelligence to do this.

Or at least weekly consumption of sufficient fish oils.
Re: How Obj Killed Yar'adua by gidson12(m): 4:06pm On May 06, 2010
@ sagamite
hw would u get ur listeners 2 reason along with u when u insult them. The insult does'nt make u more intelligent neither do u win argument with it
Re: How Obj Killed Yar'adua by Sagamite(m): 4:19pm On May 06, 2010
gidson12:

@ sagamite
hw would u get your listeners 2 reason along with u when u insult them. The insult does'nt make u more intelligent neither do u win argument with it

I don't intend to get them to listen to me. I intend to ridicule them in puplic and have a bleeping schadenfreude party at the severe poverty of their dialetics. Hopefully the public embarassment will traumatise them and make them think before they post.

Most are lost cases, you can not teach old dogs new tricks. How can you be an adult and have not developed an ability to reason to the basic level of intellectual discuss. Teaching them would lead me having to write tutorial notes and drill lectures into their head for at least 2 months. The trauma is faster and easier approach.

The basic level is question your own utterances to ensure it is made up of mostly facts and has no blatantly obvious loophole, and if you can not do that, shut up and just listen and learn. Its not rocket science to achieve that level.

Take example of the foool that saw the shaking using both hands by a religious man and said it was it was evidence of "total submission and compliance".

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-427071.96.html#msg5945384

You think he is saveable?
Re: How Obj Killed Yar'adua by Kx: 4:21pm On May 06, 2010
keyremotes:

Even if the man was not president would he not have died?
I believe the presidency even helped keep him alive till today.
Who would have picked up the bills, had it not been for his position.
People die everyday of of diseases less serious than what he had.
I may be wrong.

i think u are correct.
imagine the thousands that were butchered in jos due to communal clashes.
imagine the thousands that dies on the roads due to d deplorable state of the roads
imagine the thousands that roam d streets begging for alms due to lack of provision
imagine the hundreds that die of treatable diseases due to neglect on the part of govt
imagine the level of poverty in the lack due to govt officials high level of corruption.
if yaradua was nt a president,who knows,he perhaps wont have be fortunate enof to
pay a doc to diagnose acute pericadiatics etc. let alone live with it dat long b4 giving up d ghost.
Re: How Obj Killed Yar'adua by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 06, 2010
bilymuse:

OBJ advised Yaradua to resign some few months ago and take care of his health.

I dont like OBJ, but lets call a spade a spade.

in the first place why did OBJ draft him in if not to pursue his selfish interest, he knew the guy was ill and more so that he wasn't visionary/inspiring enough to hold the office of the president.

advising someone in a coma to resign, OBJ should have instead apologize for taking Nigeria backward (2 and a half years of waste) and not run his mouth on who should resign.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beaf: Where The Delta Igbo On Satellite Pictures.or how to collect delta bursary / What Is The Major Problem Of Efcc? / GEJ Not Plotting Against APC – Okupe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.