Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,281 members, 7,839,388 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Open Heavens Daily Devotion For 30th March 2018 - The Living Faith. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotion For 30th March 2018 - The Living Faith. (371 Views)

Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(wed. 03/01/2018) The Overcomers / Prophet Samuel Olaluwoye: Warnings For 2018- The Year Of Greater Expectations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotion For 30th March 2018 - The Living Faith. by Benbeezy: 10:23pm On Mar 29, 2018
Topic: The Living Faith.

Memory Verse: "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen". Hewbrews 11:1.

Bible Text : James 2: 17-26

17: In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18: But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.

19: You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that-- and shudder.

20: You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?

21: Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar?

22: You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.

23: And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called God's friend.

24: You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.

25: In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction?

26: As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

Bible in One Year: Deuteronomy 25-27, Philippians 1.

The title of today’s devotional presupposes at least two categories of faith: living and dead faith. In James 2:17-26, the Holy Spirit confirms to us that there is indeed dead faith, and He also teaches us what makes faith have life. My prayer for you is that any aspect of your faith that is dead will come alive today in Jesus’ Name. Is it not amazing that faith, as powerful as it is, cannot stand on its own without works? This is not contestable, because it is the word of God. James 2:18 puts it this way:

But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.

Faith sees into the invisible and beholds what the Almighty is capable of doing. While the act of exercising faith can spur God into action, there is also an obligation on the part of the one exercising faith. This obligation is the work of faith which we are talking about today. Without this, faith is seen to be lifeless. Apostle James expounded on this truth with the classical example of the father of faith, Abraham:

21: Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar?

22: You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.

23: And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called God's friend. James 2:21-23

Beloved, what would have been left of Abraham’s walk of faith if he had refused when God asked him to offer his only son, Isaac, as a burnt offering? Thank God Abraham acted on the demand of God. In response to the demonstration of his faith that had moved from theory to practical, God said to Abraham:

"Do not lay a hand on the boy," he said. "Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son." Genesis 22:12

After all the time that Abraham had been walking with God, why did God say “It’s now I know you fear Me”? It’s because his works had collided with his faith, which then came alive and became substantial. Beloved, do you have living faith in God?

Prayer Point:

Father, please impart in my spirit the living faith that pleases You in practical terms from today, in Jesus’ Name.

Hymn 5: I Have Decided To Follow Jesus.

1. I have decided to follow Jesus;

I have decided to follow Jesus;

I have decided to follow Jesus;

No turning back, no turning back.

2. The world behind me, the cross before me;

The world behind me, the cross before me;

The world behind me, the cross before me;

3. Though none go with me, I still will follow;

Though none go with me, I still will follow;

Though none go with me, I still will follow

4. My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;

My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;

My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;

5. Will you decide now to follow Jesus?

Will you decide now to follow Jesus?

Will you decide now to follow Jesus?

Author: Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.

Visit: http://www.olowusblog.com/2018/03/open-heavens-daily-devotion-for-30th.html

(1) (Reply)

Any Knowledge About Pychics Ability On Here? / Why Nigeria May Not Live To See 2019 Elections – Pst Adeboye / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 11/05/18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.