Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat (26964 Views)

Estimate Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow In Ilorin Kwara State. / Cost Estimate Of This 12 Rooms Self Contain Hostels / Help House Cost And Quantity Estimate Of Electrical Cables (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by Franking: 10:18am On Mar 30, 2018
holyidol:
What you need for the building first is 4000 blocks, then two trips of stones, four trips of sand, cash of 500k for labor and other materials then you will have the house from foundation to roofing level, hope there will be no parapet. Roofing: Wood and carpentry work will take not more than 600k, long sperm aluminum with installations will not take more than 800k.

Long span.
Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by Franky826: 10:19am On Mar 30, 2018
Jethrolite:
You talk true but ask questions o, how do you negotiate labour cost and source materials. There are many secrets to building, if you are first timer, labourers will know and exploit you. I advise you stop building and ask questions. I finished 3,2,1 bedroom bungalow last recently for an extremely high cost but my eyes are open now. The money is yours and do not spend it to please any labourer. There is always a labourer out there that will charge less.

Wow mind blown.

Thank you sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by agarawu23(m): 10:19am On Mar 30, 2018
LEAFLET:
let him start first.. remember never go hungry because you are building. building is not for the faint heated.. I'm building a one bedroom flat into five places, 1.5 m house never comot for foundation.. I never knew building is this draining.. Hail any landlord you see bros.
FAT LIE, unless u are building in a swamp which will require pile foundation. tell that story to novice who knows nothing about building

7 Likes

Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by 3html: 10:20am On Mar 30, 2018
DanielsParker:
foundation 800k- 1m

block work.. 4000 blocks.. = 600k-800k

roofing / skeleton/ woodwork/ zinc.. = 1.5m maximum

plastering and paint work= 500K max

then Interior ( doors, alumaco windows, tiles) = 800k.

budget 5m . it will build you something good.!

4000 blocks is too much my brother, I did 3 rooms, 2 parlors, 2 kitchen, 3 toilets with about 3000 blocks
3 to 3.5m will go along way since u said it's just normal house.
If block work cost 1.2m, roofing cost 1m don't know if it's short or long span but if it's short 7 to 8k will plus woods, doors, windows, plastering, surface wiring will ear the rest

Note that you must not have all money at hand first

If u have 1 or 2m start then u spread the remaining over 2 to 3 years.
But don't wait till u gather everything else u might lost the ones u have now to buhari recession

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by Franking: 10:20am On Mar 30, 2018
gozzlin:

Long sperm bawo?

O ya emino l'enu.
Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 30, 2018
Franky826:

No parapet sir.

Thanks for your input.

As for the blocks do you know an estimated price that can get us say 5000 solid blocks?
110 bags of cement will give you that. Just buy sharp sand, a trip will mold 8to9 bags if you mold it 40 to 45,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by superrow: 10:25am On Mar 30, 2018
U have to be involved in every purchase of materials and other miscellaneous. Approximately, 2.5m will complete it.

4 Likes

Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by Fomosco260(m): 10:26am On Mar 30, 2018
U knw things r cost now.. Probably around 4-5m

1 Like

Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by candyguyofficia(m): 10:27am On Mar 30, 2018
[quote author=holyidol post=66281544]What you need for the building first is 4000 blocks, then two trips of stones, four trips of sand, cash of 500k for labor and other materials then you will have the house from foundation to roofing level, hope there will be no parapet. Roofing: Wood and carpentry work will take not more than 600k, long sperm aluminum with installations will not take more than 800k.[/quuote]
Na xo. Sperm Aluminum cum aluminum
Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by zinaunreal(m): 10:28am On Mar 30, 2018
jude33084:
This is serious oh!

How many years one can save such amount with N70,000 salary in Lagos averagely?

LIRS never remove their own undecided

1 Like

Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by agarawu23(m): 10:28am On Mar 30, 2018
DanielsParker:
foundation 800k- 1m

block work.. 4000 blocks.. = 600k-800k

roofing / skeleton/ woodwork/ zinc.. = 1.5m maximum

plastering and paint work= 500K max

then Interior ( doors, alumaco windows, tiles) = 800k.

budget 5m . it will build you something good.!
foundation 800k-1m?

1 Like

Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by Franky826: 10:28am On Mar 30, 2018
olowobaba10:
THERE WAS A SITE CALLED NAIRALAND, CONTACT BUILDERS FOR AN IDEA OF WHAT YOU WANT . YOU MAY NOT GET GOOD ANSWERS HERE , THE SITE IS NO LONGER WHAT IT USED TO BE SINCE PEOPLE LIKE NWAMAIKPE AND EVABLIZ ETC JOINED IT. DON'T DECEIVE YOURSELF .

You'd be surprised there are builders, medical professionals, lawyers, bankers, engineers, accountants and all people from all forms of life present here.

You'd be also amazed at what you can find here.

This is a big family bro. People marry from on here, get jobs, get legal connects and make mad money from on here. It's just as far as your eyes can see and your mind can imagine.

As for Nwamaikpe and others you mentioned. I tell you they spice this place. You can't tell me you haven't laughed at his bants before grin

He can make sense is senseless ways cheesy

One love Bro. Thanks for your input

7 Likes

Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by patchsk(f): 10:30am On Mar 30, 2018
danny34:
Where is the location? Location is a factor..... 3m can do it for u comfortably as long as u make purchases yourself, negotiate labour yourself and have an idea of building. You can pay a trusted hand to bring out the dpc and then take over.

I spent about same amount last year in Nike , Enugu, building a 3 bedroom bungalow standard rooms, big parlour, dinning, masters , big kitchen etc. To save cost, u have to be fully involved and always seeks second opinion on every issue. Make your own market survey, . it is very achievable

Oke mmadu.

Ina enye guys hope.
Jisie ike.

1 Like

Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by Franky826: 10:32am On Mar 30, 2018
3html:

4000 blocks is too much my brother, I did 3 rooms, 2 parlors, 2 kitchen, 3 toilets with about 3000 blocks

Oh really bro? Thanks for the heads up.

Your house go fine o cheesy
Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by Franky826: 10:34am On Mar 30, 2018
patchsk:

Oke mmadu.

Ina enye guys hope.
Jisie ike.

Nne okwa ighotago? wink
Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by ameri9ja: 10:35am On Mar 30, 2018
Franking:

Long span.

Na lie. Long sperm.
Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by LEAFLET(m): 10:38am On Mar 30, 2018
agarawu23:
FAT LIE, unless u are building in a swamp which will require pile foundation. tell that story to novice who knows nothing about building
Ok bro..
Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by agarawu23(m): 10:41am On Mar 30, 2018
Franky826:
Hello nairalanders kindly help me with your suggestions on this.

My elder brother was considering putting up a 3-bedroom flat in our compound in the village.

The land is dry, flat and already fenced cos it won't be the first building in the compound, hopefully not the last too.

He doesn't really earn much so the building according to him will not be fancy at all. Just normal standard rooms, no fancy roofing(normal straight out aluminum roofing).

We'd want to find out what it may COST as I know the figures are not definite and are subjective. I really love everyone with experienced contribution.

I really support him on this cos it's a village house no need to be flashy(in our opinion).

Mods please I know this topic has been on front page many times but I beg my own case is peculiar. grin. Password: The house won't be fancy cheesy

Help me and my bro abeg.

agarawu23:

She can't use up to 800 blocks

I will advice she mould her block herself.

Sand big tipper is #28,000 (tho I don't know her location)
Cement 30 bags 30* 2650 = 79500
Labourer take 700 per bag to mould blocks and she will be making 40-45 blocks per bag.
20 cement * 700 = 14,000
Water and other expenses = 5,000

That sand will not be enough so I think she will buy more probably small tipper like 12,000#

Bricklayer will use just 2 days to build to lintel level.
The highest she can pay them is 20-30k

Lintel casting

She should buy gravel measurement In her area, tho I don't know how much dey sell it per bag but I don't think she can buy more than 20k gravel.

She can get rough iron from welders or Hausa ppl if they are close to her location, if No, her budget should be around 25-30k

This level shouldn't pass #200,000

Roofing level

2 by 4 1pcs is 550
2 by 2 1pcs is 350
1 by 12 1 PCs is 1500
2 by 2 1 PCs is 270
Rod 1 bundle is 3900

Asbestos is 1300 per 1
Slate 4 by 4 is 1400 1
Nails, ranges and other things isnt up to 10k.

She should ask a carpenter to give her quoting on how many materials that will be used.

We have 300,000 left to spend on this since I am not a carpenter and don't know the actually quantity of materials that will be used.

The price I gave up there is a recent price update

That's my rough estimate for a lady building a mini flat. You can follow up and do the maths yourself. Since u guys don't want luxury something, 2.5m will go a long way.

3 Likes

Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by LEAFLET(m): 10:44am On Mar 30, 2018
Jethrolite:
You talk true but ask questions o, how do you negotiate labour cost and source materials. There are many secrets to building, if you are first timer, labourers will know and exploit you. I advise you stop building and ask questions. I finished 3,2,1 bedroom bungalow last recently for an extremely high cost but my eyes are open now. The money is yours and do not spend it to please any labourer. There is always a labourer out there that will charge less.

I have a bro that's there that pays workers, one must make sure there's water before building, I deal on building materials so I know how things cost, I've bought more than 75 bags of cement for casting, then after foundation another casting again,The first block I bought was 800 six inches and 600 9 inches.. This is is my first ever building and I admit definelty I might be ripped off but It's going way pass my budget though..
Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by jamalnation(m): 10:44am On Mar 30, 2018
Franky826:

My elder brother was considering putting up a 3-bedroom flat in our compound in the village.

The land is dry, flat and already fenced cos it won't be the first building in the compound, hopefully not the last too.

He doesn't really earn much so the building according to him will not be fancy at all. Just normal standard rooms, no fancy roofing(normal straight out aluminum roofing).

We'd want to find out what it may COST as I know the figures are not definite and are subjective. I really love everyone with experienced contribution.

I really support him on this cos it's a village house no need to be flashy(in our opinion).

Mods please I know this topic has been on front page many times but I beg my own case is peculiar. grin. Password: The house won't be fancy cheesy

Help me and my bro abeg.

4 - 5.4m
PM me for ur BOQ

1 Like

Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by offegas(m): 10:54am On Mar 30, 2018
obi58:
Budget 5m
kilode
Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by Franky826: 10:58am On Mar 30, 2018
pweshboi:
I always laugh whenever I see posts like this grace front page.. though in your case youre simply asking for how to go about it. Contact an architect that will give you a design drawing base on your specifications and a quantity surveyor if you don't want to under price or overprice your budget. That's why you see alot of material waste and waste of money.

Thanks for your suggestions
Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by 1kingwriter: 11:02am On Mar 30, 2018
holyidol:
What you need for the building first is 4000 blocks, then two trips of stones, four trips of sand, cash of 500k for labor and other materials then you will have the house from foundation to roofing level, hope there will be no parapet. Roofing: Wood and carpentry work will take not more than 600k, long sperm aluminum with installations will not take more than 800k.

God bless you with extra
Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by obi58: 11:04am On Mar 30, 2018
offegas:

kilode

Is it too much? For a 3 bedroom bungalow? From start to finish?

Ok what's your opinion?
Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by MrNigeria2018: 11:16am On Mar 30, 2018
Can anyone help me with parapet here

I need parapet on 3 bedroom bungalow

Precast- Cost =?

Concrete parapet= ?

Can anyone give me the materials needed?

Thanks
Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by ak22(m): 11:21am On Mar 30, 2018
Franky826:

Help me and my bro abeg.

Without fence
But + pop , wiring, plumbing,virony tiles borehole, roof john Holt roofing sheet 4m to 4.2m

But where is location mater most ?
Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by Sleemut09: 11:23am On Mar 30, 2018
Good morning NLs!

I wouldn't have comment on this post but decided to when I couldn't see a reliable response hitherto on the topic.

First jude33.. asked what effort of #70 salary can contribute to build such a house. Dear, its possible. Perhaps u can determine to save #40k every month you can accomplish such a dream in 5years. Below is estimate for 4bedroom flat in Ibadan. Am supervising 3 of it presently now.

Land 350,000
Foundation till lintel (2200blocks with labour) #700,000
Lintel #220,000
Two couches of blocks above lintel (500 blocks) #135,000
Roofing (Palm tree) 100,000 for planks,
Roofing sheet 12bundles@15k #180,000
Workmanship #40,000
Condict plumber work. (Labour &material) #40,000.
Condit Electrical work with junction board #25,000.
Front(4ft) and back door (3ft) #70,000.
Flooring #85,000
Abestor ceiling 83 pieces @#1350 with workmanship #120,000.
Plastering 40 cements, 4tipers of sand@#11k each.
Sliding window @ #180,000
Miscellaneous #100,000

Total of #2,400,000.

Any question, counsel, etc, you can contact:
Sleemut09@gmail.com

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by ak22(m): 11:24am On Mar 30, 2018
MrNigeria2018:
Can anyone help me with parapet here

I need parapet on 3 bedroom bungalow

Precast- Cost =?

Concrete parapet= ?

Can anyone give me the materials needed?

Thanks

Precast is ok like the one I do for my client here

1 Like

Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by patchsk(f): 11:27am On Mar 30, 2018
Franky826:

Nne okwa ighotago? wink

Guy fly.

Danny ka m na agwa.

Oburo gi.

1 Like

Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by IdeyFindWife: 11:29am On Mar 30, 2018
olowobaba10:
THERE WAS A SITE CALLED NAIRALAND, CONTACT BUILDERS FOR AN IDEA OF WHAT YOU WANT . YOU MAY NOT GET GOOD ANSWERS HERE , THE SITE IS NO LONGER WHAT IT USED TO BE SINCE PEOPLE LIKE NWAMAIKPE AND EVABLIZ ETC JOINED IT. DON'T DECEIVE YOURSELF .

Don't mind those clowns. They provide comic relief entertainment on the forum; we'd be fool,s to be famzing them or following their posts around like it has any meaningful content.

And we'd equally be bigger fool,s spending all our time in those soft-sell threads they like frequenting too.

As much as I'd held out previously that there was nothing anyone on NL could do for me that God hadn't done already or that is not within my network but time and again, some astutely creative entrepreneurs and highly resourceful individuals have given me reasonable basis to be convinced otherwise.

Good guys still exist everywhere here
Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by IdeyFindWife: 11:31am On Mar 30, 2018
aleeyus:
100M non-negotiable
150M is negotiable

commenting from Guine
1 Nigerian Naira equals
25.12 Guinean Franc

Hope I answered your question!

How much is the Presidency there; i wanna buy the seat just for the fun of it!

1 Like

Re: Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat by Sleemut09: 11:35am On Mar 30, 2018
My WhatsApp and phone number will only be available for serious minded after mail consultation.

Sleemut09:
Good morning NLs!

I wouldn't have comment on this post but decided to when I couldn't see a reliable response hitherto on the topic.

First jude33.. asked what effort of #70 salary can contribute to build such a house. Dear, its possible. Perhaps u can determine to save #40k every month you can accomplish such a dream in 5years. Below is estimate for 4bedroom flat in Ibadan. Am supervising 3 of it presently now.

Land 350,000
Foundation till lintel (2200blocks with labour) #700,000
Lintel #220,000
Two couches of blocks above lintel (500 blocks) #135,000
Roofing (Palm tree) 100,000 for planks,
Roofing sheet 12bundles@15k #180,000
Workmanship #40,000
Condict plumber work. (Labour &material) #40,000.
Condit Electrical work with junction board #25,000.
Front(4ft) and back door (3ft) #70,000.
Flooring #85,000
Abestor ceiling 83 pieces @#1350 with workmanship #120,000.
Plastering 40 cements, 4tipers of sand@#11k each.
Sliding window @ #180,000
Miscellaneous #100,000

Total of #2,400,000.

Any question, counsel, etc, you can contact:
Sleemut09@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Auction: EFCC Invites Nigerians To Bid For Forfeited Landed Properties / Who Owns The FENCE Around A Land / Woman And Her Baby Die In Lekki Building Collapse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.