Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,501 members, 7,830,509 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

FG Plans Massive Export With Lekki Deep Seaport - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Plans Massive Export With Lekki Deep Seaport (841 Views)

Forex Crisis: FG Plans Clampdown On Binance, other Crypto Firms - Premium Times / Floating Naira: Importers Abandon Tokunbo Cars At Seaport / Over 30 Taxes Choke Industries In Nigeria As FG Plans 18 More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Plans Massive Export With Lekki Deep Seaport by Truth234(m): 2:30am On Mar 30, 2018
The Federal Government has announced plans to embark on massive exportation of goods using the Lekki Deep Seaport when it becomes operational in 2021.

Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo stated this on Thursday while inaugurating the Lekki Deep Seaport project in Lagos.

He explained that the development of the Lekki Deep Seaport was critical to the creation of special economic zones, which would serve as models for others across the country.

He said, “In the past two budgets, we have provided an average growth of N90bn for development of SEZs and we are developing the special Lekki economic zone as a model for other economic zones specifically targeting export.”

He noted that the ceremony was a landmark event towards driving the Federal Government’s Economic Recovery Growth Plan and the present administration’s emphasis on supporting game changing infrastructure projects directed at making major impact on trade and commerce

He said, “We were told by the promoters of this project that they are targeting about 1.5 million 20 feet equivalent unit container capacity annually, which we expect to grow to about 2.7 million and 4.7 million TEUs when the project operations commence. With this feat, the Lekki Deep Seaport will be one of the largest deep water seaports in our region and serve as a hub for port operations in the whole of West Africa.’

“We have been told that very large crude carriers will now be able to visit the port and greater efficiency and economies of scale will generate significant economic revenue for the Nigerian economy with the Federal Government earning a significant portion.”

According to him, the event was also a reflection of the government’s commitment to economic philosophy to private sector leadership to achieve economic development, stressing that the business of government is to contribute by way of equity where necessary, but more importantly, create the enabling environment for the private sector to do business.

“We must move ahead with ensuring the speedy completion of this project; there will be problems, but we assure you that the federal and state governments will be with you every step of the way to ensure that we give all the support required to make this dream come to fruition,” he stated.

Earlier, the Lagos State Governor, Akinwumi Ambode, represented by the Deputy Governor, Lagos State, Idiat Adebule, said the maritime sector had the potential to become a major revenue earner with significant contribution to the Gross Domestic Product of Nigeria.

He said the Lekki Deep Seaport had an adequate space for container storage with modern equipment to facilitate port operations and would tremendously relieve Apapa and Tincan ports of pressure.

He said the port would impact greatly on the development of the Lekki free trade zone while also commending the promoters of the project for their confidence in choosing Nigeria as an investment destination.

The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, said the Lekki seaport would be the first deep seaport in Nigeria and give the country the ability to receive very large crude carriers.

He added the ability to accommodate large vessels would the nation a regional hub.

“I hope this would help us generate outward cargoes because we have been having problems in raising outward cargoes. We must also work hard to make sure that we send out commodities to other countries.”

The Managing Director, Nigerian Ports Authority, Hadiza Usman, said the project was in line the with Federal Government’s commitment to promote private investment.

She said that the NPA fully paid share capital of five per cent, which was the minimum investment enough to give the private investor confidence, without having undue interference as a regulator.

She said the vision of the NPA was to provide an enabling environment for the operators, stressing that Nigeria being the largest exporter and importer of cargo in West Africa subregion required a deep seaport, which would receive large vessels.

“These big ships move cargo more efficiently. We will work with all stakeholders to see the deep seaport become a world-class facility,” she said.

The Managing Director, Tolaram Group, Haresh Aswani, said the project would change the future of the nation’s maritime sector and serve as a catalyst for economic development and the general well-being of Nigerians.

He said when completed, it would create about 170,000 direct and indirect jobs while also generating about N360bn under the concession including over N200m in tax revenue for both the Lagos State Government and Federal Government.

http://investorsking.com/fg-plans-massive-export-lekki-deep-seaport/
Re: FG Plans Massive Export With Lekki Deep Seaport by tpnatuzzi: 6:46am On Mar 30, 2018
Great development.
Re: FG Plans Massive Export With Lekki Deep Seaport by djlaqua91(m): 6:12pm On Mar 30, 2018
Cool concept but i believe we need to diversify away from lagos a bit more.
Re: FG Plans Massive Export With Lekki Deep Seaport by futurism: 6:51pm On Mar 30, 2018
Stupid people what have they done with other sea ports we have. Election campaign kill una
Re: FG Plans Massive Export With Lekki Deep Seaport by futurism: 6:51pm On Mar 30, 2018
djlaqua91:
Cool concept but i believe we need to diversify away from lagos a bit more.
na traffic dem go take finish una for that Lagos.
Re: FG Plans Massive Export With Lekki Deep Seaport by djlaqua91(m): 11:43pm On Mar 30, 2018
futurism:
na traffic dem go take finish una for that Lagos.

I swear. I no longer reside in Lagos but did live around leaking axis for close to 20years. The growth is unsustainable given the traffic situation. An impending doom if water travel isn't implemented on a much larger scale to help matters.
Re: FG Plans Massive Export With Lekki Deep Seaport by djlaqua91(m): 11:44pm On Mar 30, 2018
futurism:
Stupid people what have they done with other sea ports we have. Election campaign kill una

Blame the governors and senators for not pushing to help their zone more.
Re: FG Plans Massive Export With Lekki Deep Seaport by futurism: 9:29am On Mar 31, 2018
djlaqua91:

Blame the governors and senators for not p>pp00ushing to help their zone more.
bros, u can keep consoling yourself... The traffic in Lagos never do una. At this stage most of you should also voice out to ease the traffic in Lagos.

I don't live there cos u left when I was 15 and got in at age 3 or 4.

Currently I am in Ogun State.

I can't cope with the madness in that state called Lagos.

It is none of my business as I am okay where I am, at least being close to Lagos can enable tap from its commercial spring without the daily hassles of traffic.
Re: FG Plans Massive Export With Lekki Deep Seaport by futurism: 9:34am On Mar 31, 2018
djlaqua91:

I swear. I no longer reside in Lagos but did live around leaking axis for close to 20years. The growth is unsustainable given the traffic situation. An impending doom if water travel isn't implemented on a much larger scale to help matters.
same here. Left when I was 15 and now I am in Ogun state. My long stay in calmer regions like Benin and Warri took the Lagos in me away such that I discovered I can no longer cope with the hectic traffic madness.

I like my Ogun state where I am now. Lagos is only good for the business connections and networking. Apart from that, it is over hyped.

As hyped as Lekki is, they don't enjoy power supply the way I do in Ogun State (let's leave out previous regions like Benin and Warri) and there is not enough air circulating that place such that without light you will suffocate.

Man, I feel sorry for people commuting to work everyday in Lagos.
Re: FG Plans Massive Export With Lekki Deep Seaport by djlaqua91(m): 5:44pm On Mar 31, 2018
futurism:
same here. Left when I was 15 and now I am in Ogun state. My long stay in calmer regions like Benin and Warri took the Lagos in me away such that I discovered I can no longer cope with the hectic traffic madness.

I like my Ogun state where I am now. Lagos is only good for the business connections and networking. Apart from that, it is over hyped.

As hyped as Lekki is, they don't enjoy power supply the way I do in Ogun State (let's leave out previous regions like Benin and Warri) and there is not enough air circulating that place such that without light you will suffocate.

Man, I feel sorry for people commuting to work everyday in Lagos.

I haven't been back myself for over 3 years. Best decision ever. Lagos will shorten ones life span with yeye stress

1 Like

Re: FG Plans Massive Export With Lekki Deep Seaport by futurism: 6:15pm On Mar 31, 2018
djlaqua91:

I haven't been back myself for over 3 years. Best decision ever. Lagos will shorten ones life span with yeye stress
they know that people are not happy and don't like Lagos and that is why they do not wish for other regions to develop as Lagos so as to continue to enjoy the taxes that is generated from it.

If any state should develop and industrialize like Lagos, I swear, there will be huge exodus and they don't wish for this.
Re: FG Plans Massive Export With Lekki Deep Seaport by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 31, 2018
futurism:
they know that people are not happy and don't like Lagos and that is why they do not wish for other regions to develop as Lagos so as to continue to enjoy the taxes that is generated from it.

If any state should develop and industrialize like Lagos, I swear, there will be huge exodus and they don't wish for this.
Bros is lagos dat bad?
I dey plan move my biz to lag very soon, but this una talk dey give me concern ooo...
What do u advice?
Re: FG Plans Massive Export With Lekki Deep Seaport by futurism: 7:24pm On Mar 31, 2018
obrigado080:
Bros is lagos dat bad?
I dey plan move my biz to lag very soon, but this una talk dey give me concern ooo...
What do u advice?
bros, the place is living on past glory. Nothing special. Remove the commercial benefit and business connection and you see nothing but a land of suffering and smiling. The people know this and will leave if they have a strong competition. Imagine Akwa Ibom becoming industrialize, a state bigger than Lagos, the exodus will be huge... Very huge!

When Fela sang his suffering and smiling song, using a bus in the lyrics (49 sitting, 99 standing where u think say him dey refer to? LAGOS!

No light for Lagos bro... In Lekki for instance, the one dem dey hype like say Na paradise, bros no light. I have never enjoyed 20 hours power supply there. If no light and you no on gen, bros Na die... Why? Because air no dey circulate for Lekki... It is just the climate condition of the place. I tell you!

You go burn money for fuel tire to run your gen. Then Tinubu dey toll gate at the entrance of Lekki dey collect him Egunje(bribe) every day for you to enter Lekki. Every forking day. Now dem don come with land use charge to tax both tenants and landlords...

Traffic there for Lekki Na die.. Even with some streets in Lekki, traffic Na hell.

Raining season Don come... Just wait for the horrendous 7 days down pour and watch nairaland with people swimming in a house they pay millions yearly just to stay. Na life be that?

Going to work from that Lekki and back everyday Na hell...

Lagos is just good for the business connection and nothing else.

It depends on what your business is all about sha otherwise, I would have suggested just stay around Ogun state and commute to Lagos if you have a car. Na Carnal separate Lagos and Ogun state, to tell you how close, especially if you live around Sango Ota.

1 Like

Re: FG Plans Massive Export With Lekki Deep Seaport by djlaqua91(m): 7:48pm On Mar 31, 2018
futurism:

True talk
Re: FG Plans Massive Export With Lekki Deep Seaport by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 31, 2018
futurism:
bros, the place is living on past glory. Nothing special. Remove the commercial benefit and business connection and you see nothing but a land of suffering and smiling. The people know this and will leave if they have a strong competition. Imagine Akwa Ibom becoming industrialize, a state bigger than Lagos, the exodus will be huge... Very huge!

When Fela sang his suffering and smiling song, using a bus in the lyrics (49 sitting, 99 standing where u think say him dey refer to? LAGOS!

No light for Lagos bro... In Lekki for instance, the one dem dey hype like say Na paradise, bros no light. I have never enjoyed 20 hours power supply there. If no light and you no on gen, bros Na die... Why? Because air no dey circulate for Lekki... It is just the climate condition of the place. I tell you!

You go burn money for fuel tire to run your gen. Then Tinubu dey toll gate at the entrance of Lekki dey collect him Egunje(bribe) every day for you to enter Lekki. Every forking day. Now dem don come with land use charge to tax both tenants and landlords...

Traffic there for Lekki Na die.. Even with some streets in Lekki, traffic Na hell.

Raining season Don come... Just wait for the horrendous 7 days down pour and watch nairaland with people swimming in a house they pay millions yearly just to stay. Na life be that?

Going to work from that Lekki and back everyday Na hell...

Lagos is just good for the business connection and nothing else.

It depends on what your business is all about sha otherwise, I would have suggested just stay around Ogun state and commute to Lagos if you have a car. Na Carnal separate Lagos and Ogun state, to tell you how close, especially if you live around Sango Ota.
Hmmm, jeeezzz!
Thanks for the info.
Re: FG Plans Massive Export With Lekki Deep Seaport by futurism: 3:18pm On Apr 01, 2018
obrigado080:
Hmmm, jeeezzz!
Thanks for the info.
lol bros, no fear. Just that u will experience lots of stress while living here. But it is a nice place to make good money.

With what I am working on now, the kind money I am gonna pull in the long term has never been experienced when I was in Benin.

You get to meet men here, especially if you are hardworking and well informed.

(1) (Reply)

Tissue Paper Machine For Sale... / Needed: Investor Who Can Fund An LPO. Could Be A Private Individual Or Finance C / Please, How Do I Promote My Brand Via Instagram Ads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.