Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,116 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

7 All Time Wrestling Legends - Entertainment (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / 7 All Time Wrestling Legends (36880 Views)

WWE To Host Africa Wrestling Tryouts In Lagos / Between Football And Wrestling, Which Among Them Is Acting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by Hungrychicken(m): 10:19am On Mar 30, 2018
GOLDBERG SHOULD BE ON THAT LIST
Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by maximunimpact(m): 10:20am On Mar 30, 2018
Rigel95:

wrestling was better in the days of Hulk Hogan, Hitman et all but these days, when I tune in and see the apology they call wrestling,I just shake my head.

Back then wrestling was cartoonist, it lacked the reality it has today. Wrestling today is better than the 80's, and 90's. Back then it was all about gimmick and unreal moves, but now we have pure wrestling and less gimmick with great storytelling. I was part of the oldies vs now and I can say for sure that now is better.
Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by Yahoo1(m): 10:22am On Mar 30, 2018
Suplexx:

Thanks. The problem with Sid Justice and Diesel Power is that they lost big matches they should have won. So they didn't win many tittles. Edge won big matches you didn't expect him to win. Edge had so much resilience and took his opportunities well.
There is nothing like resilience in wrestling bro, it's just what they make you believe. If the result is predetermined, then resilience should not be a word relating to anything wrestling...in the real sense of the word though.
Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by Bynx: 10:26am On Mar 30, 2018
You did not mention the following:

1. Hitman

2. Lex Luger

3. Yokozuna

4. Tatanka

5. Shawn Michaels

6. Stone Cold

1 Like

Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by Yahoo1(m): 10:31am On Mar 30, 2018
maximunimpact:

Back then wrestling was cartoonist, it lacked the reality it has today. Wrestling today is better than the 80's, and 90's. Back then it was all about gimmick and unreal moves, but now we have pure wrestling and less gimmick with great storytelling. I was part of the oldies vs now and I can say for sure that now is better.
No it's not. Wrestling was better between 1998 to 2015. the days of Undertaker, Triple H, Rick flair, Shawn, Kane, JBL, steiner, Henry, Eddie, Ray and co (the few names i can remember right now)...the story lines were better told and in a very good way. It felt a little real, but now you see Daniel bryan (i hate that guy, the character though), Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns all being faces and in a terrible way. Wrestling now is done in a way so children can watch it and it's affecting the better part of the entertainment.
Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by Rigel95(m): 10:38am On Mar 30, 2018
maximunimpact:

What we have now are better cameras and technology, so better video quality. Despite all these, it is still apparent to even the untrained eyes that its all a show.
Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by Blonchilli(m): 10:44am On Mar 30, 2018
Gourdoinc:
where are the Hart brothers....... smh
Daewoorazer just did copy and paste. How will you mention wrestling Legends without mentioning Bret Hart, The Hart Brothers, Shawn Michaels, The rock, Steve Austin, Roddy Piper, Randy Savage, Mr Perfect, British Bulldog, Diesel, Triple H, Kane, Sting,... Men I'm doing my own thread
Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by sunkieisland(m): 10:53am On Mar 30, 2018
I don't understand why the ROCK is not on this list.

Fake list shocked shocked shocked
Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by mayormick(m): 11:17am On Mar 30, 2018
Kobicove:
It's impossible to compile this list without including Hulk Hogan cheesy

Other worthy mentions are

Mighty Igor

Dino Bravo

Dino Brito

Mil Mascara

Rip Hawk

Dick "The Bulldog" Brower

Superfly Snuka

Tex Mckenzie

Chief Jay Strongbow

Rock Johnson

Ivan Kolhoff

Ric Flair

Tony Atlas

Junk Yard Dog

David von Eric

Kevin von Eric

Kerry von Eric

Playboy Buddy Ross

Randy Savage

Mr Fuji

Mr Saito

The Iron Sheik

The Honkytonk Man

Yokozuna

Kamala "The Ugandan Head Hunter"

Kabouki

George "The Animal" Steele

Iron Mike Sharpe

Man Mountain Moore

Rowdy Rodney Piper

The King "Harley Race"

Tito Santana

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat

Sergeant Slaughter

Tatanka

Mr Perfect

Ravishing Rick Rude

Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake

Brett "The Hitman" Hart

IRS - Irvin R Shykster (The tax man)

Razor Ramon

Big Show

Giant Gonzales

BamBam Bigelow

1-2-3 Kid grin
Nice list u got but seems u also forget Shawn michael!
Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by missyblissy: 11:33am On Mar 30, 2018
jameyjaggs:
Olodo!!!!!go skool e no gree, dis is wat happen wen u read nd not UNDERSTAND,did u see any word which indicated 90s EWU......''7 all time wrestling legends'' go n read dem again....LANTERN generation

Hahahaha haha

If my statement make you vex. Abeg no vex didn't mean to offend you.

Wow!!!! shocked
Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 30, 2018
prodiG:
UFC na confirm.I can't forget how that mexican guy (Cain velasquez) beat devil commot for Brock lesnar body cheesy
Beat devil comot his body replace am wt spirit of humility

Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by ThierryJay: 11:45am On Mar 30, 2018
Bynx:
You did not mention the following:

1. Hitman

2. Lex Luger

3. Yokozuna

4. Tatanka

5. Shawn Michaels

6. Stone Cold

Does anyone remember Legion of the doom? some guys that always came on powerbikes in spiked outfits. Never saw them lose a match. They were so powerful.

Also, there was a really good wrestler who was reported to have died in a plane crash in the 90s and he has a wrestler brother. Not sure if it was lex luger, but Im trying to remember his name.

I dont like nature boy, he's not really strong but just a cunning cheat and thats how he's won most of his titles!
Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by thedondada(m): 12:15pm On Mar 30, 2018
daewoorazer:
6. Undertaker

Ring Name: Undertaker
Nationality: American
Debuted: 1984

Do not confuse him with Kane!
Who doesn't like Undertaker? He is the king of smackdown I guess. I don't know what he did to his pupil but I believe the reason is psychological; basically to instill fear into his opponents. Once he grabs your neck, often times than not, it signifies the end of the game. He is not retired yet; hence, a huge percentage of us will know him and his skills.

As I saw the topic I quickly scrolled to see if the phenom was mentioned. He should be number 1.

The unnnnnnnnnnndertaaaaaker.
Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by number5(m): 12:34pm On Mar 30, 2018
Ogbeni were is

Shawn michael- undertakers archival?

Sid justice?

Warrior?

Etc??

Ur list is bias based on ur preferences
Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by Mryacks: 12:39pm On Mar 30, 2018
Sosqui:
Interesting!

What about 'Papa Chango'?

Lmao...maybe somewhere back in Africa
Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by Mryacks: 12:41pm On Mar 30, 2018
Good list. But for me I swap Kane, Vader, Warrior with The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Bret Hart...
Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by AMvanquish: 12:53pm On Mar 30, 2018
superhumanist:
Too many razz people nowadays.

These wrestlers mentioned are the ones that local Nigerians know from watching the local channels.

If you had satellite back in the day you would have known far more legends like

1. Rick Flair

2. Sting

3. Randy Savage "Macho Man"

No one has even mentioned Lex luger
Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by Werehkpe: 1:39pm On Mar 30, 2018
Poster is a learner and a small boy

What happened to the following

1. Mill Mascaras
2. Bulldog Brown
3. Dusty Rhodes
4. Legion of Doom
5. Tito Santana
6. Rowdy Roddy Piper
7. Lex Lugar
Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by samzzycash(m): 2:03pm On Mar 30, 2018
Yahoo1:
No it's not. Wrestling was better between 1998 to 2015. the days of Undertaker, Triple H, Rick flair, Shawn, Kane, JBL, steiner, Henry, Eddie, Ray and co (the few names i can remember right now)...the story lines were better told and in a very good way. It felt a little real, but now you see Daniel bryan (i hate that guy, the character though), Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns all being faces and in a terrible way. Wrestling now is done in a way so children can watch it and it's affecting the better part of the entertainment.
Daniel Bryan's character is cool bro..
What i find annoying is the shit going on between Sheamus and cesaro.. Perfect for kids..
Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by ElChidi: 2:48pm On Mar 30, 2018
Kobicove:

Mighty Igor

Dino Bravo

Dino Brito

Mil Mascara

Rip Hawk

Superfly Snuka

Tex Mckenzie

Chief Jay Strongbow

Rocky Johnson

Ivan Kolhoff

Ric Flair

Tony Atlas

Junk Yard Dog

David von Eric

Kevin von Eric

Kerry von Eric

Micheal Hayes

Playboy Buddy Ross

Randy Savage

Mr Fuji

Mr Saito

The Iron Sheik

Nikolai Volkoff

The Honkytonk Man

Yokozuna

Kabouki

Iron Mike Sharpe

Man Mountain Moore

Rowdy Rodney Piper

The King "Harley Race"

Tito Santana

Sergeant Slaughter

Ricky Martel

Shawn Micheals

Tatanka

Mr Perfect

Ravishing Rick Rude

Brett "The Hitman" Hart

Razor Ramon

Big Show

Giant Gonzales

BamBam Bigelow

1-2-3 Kid grin
Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by Angel1696: 3:23pm On Mar 30, 2018
kuuljay:
grow up,at least google is there
kid its human being that write anything and send to internet when u Google what u want to know they show it to u
Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by Yahoo1(m): 3:32pm On Mar 30, 2018
samzzycash:
Daniel Bryan's character is cool bro..
What i find annoying is the shit going on between Sheamus and cesaro.. Perfect for kids..
It's probably because i just dont like him sha.
The Sheamus and Cesaro part is just annoying.
Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by Angel1696: 3:33pm On Mar 30, 2018
Mynd44:
Boxing is a sport. Wrestling is entertainment.
Big difference
clap for yourself
Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by kuuljay(m): 6:22pm On Mar 30, 2018
Angel1696:
kid its human being that write anything and send to internet when u Google what u want to know they show it to u
grin grin grin grin you simply cannot convince am ignoramus!!!
Enjoy your bliss
Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by Varys: 8:04pm On Mar 30, 2018
holuphisayor:

hbk = Shawn michaels

That's true.

Corrected
Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by Suplexx: 8:29pm On Mar 30, 2018
Yahoo1:
There is nothing like resilience in wrestling bro, it's just what they make you believe. If the result is predetermined, then resilience should not be a word relating to anything wrestling...in the real sense of the word though.

That is what you believe. Did you watch when Shawn Michaels missed his kick against Brent Hart out of the ring, and the kick went into the face of a fan? Do you know what happened to the fan? His night was over because he didn’t regain consciousness. That is same kick a wrestler takes and still fight on. Just say you don't understand the game. The main events, Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Survival series, Summer Slam are not predetermined. I don't know about the weekly events.
Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by slimjosh43: 9:59pm On Mar 30, 2018
Kobicove:

Mighty Igor

Dino Bravo

Dino Brito

Mil Mascara

Rip Hawk

Superfly Snuka

Tex Mckenzie

Chief Jay Strongbow

Rocky Johnson

Ivan Kolhoff

Ric Flair

Tony Atlas

Junk Yard Dog

David von Eric

Kevin von Eric

Kerry von Eric

Micheal Hayes

Playboy Buddy Ross

Randy Savage

Mr Fuji

Mr Saito

The Iron Sheik

Nikolai Volkoff

The Honkytonk Man

Yokozuna

Kabouki

Iron Mike Sharpe

Man Mountain Moore

Rowdy Rodney Piper

The King "Harley Race"

Tito Santana

Sergeant Slaughter

Ricky Martel

Shawn Micheals

Tatanka

Mr Perfect

Ravishing Rick Rude

Brett "The Hitman" Hart

Razor Ramon

Big Show

Giant Gonzales

BamBam Bigelow

1-2-3 Kid grin
Mankind

Yokozuna
Razor Raymond
Donkia dink
Kurt corner
Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by toluxe0075: 2:46am On Mar 31, 2018
I find it to be very funny that adults here still find scripted wwe wrestling to be real. Yes, their moves are real, but are done with extreme care. Wrestlers go for serious training for at least one year before competing in wwe, exceptions are celebrities used for their storylines. Winners are predetermined and some most of the things we see on screen are scripted just to move a storyline forward. Nevertheless, it doesn't take away the fact that it's a dangerous sport as lives have been lost in the past.
Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by Yahoo1(m): 1:00pm On Mar 31, 2018
Suplexx:

That is what you believe. Did you watch when Shawn Michaels missed his kick against Brent Hart out of the ring, and the kick went into the face of a fan? Do you know what happened to the fan? His night was over because he didn’t regain consciousness. That is same kick a wrestler takes and still fight on. Just say you don't understand the game. The main events, Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Survival series, Summer Slam are not predetermined. I don't know about the weekly events.
Some of the hits are real not all. For instance, Undertaker's tombstone pile driver is not real, take a moment to press pause when he delivers the move and you will see how the move is positioned. 100% of the hits are done in a way to minimize damage. So because Jackie Chan injured himself, which always happens, while acting a movie...the movie is real? The definition of REAL is an argument for another day, but you should understand what i say when i say it's not real. The moves are perfected before they turn up stage.
Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by bereto(m): 4:24am On Apr 01, 2018
No chyna or is it cuz she is a woman

Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by Teymanhenry(f): 9:56am On Apr 02, 2018
odizeey:
think na. How can something scripted be real
means the punches,slams n high risks are all real...
same with boxing
Re: 7 All Time Wrestling Legends by Teymanhenry(f): 9:57am On Apr 02, 2018
Mynd44:
Boxing is a sport. Wrestling is entertainment.
Big difference
football is sport ,football is entertainment:::: bro which sport is not entertainment?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Mother Joined Her Daughter To Do The “kelly Bahdie Dance” (pictures) / Christian Mother Shows Amazing Legwork While Dancing To Phyno's Song (Video) / Meet The Woman With The Longest Legs In The World(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.