Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Photographer Narrates How A Man Was Beaten Because He Drove Past Closed Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photographer Narrates How A Man Was Beaten Because He Drove Past Closed Road (638 Views)

Tolulope Arotile: Nehemiah Adejoh Drove The Vehicle That Killled NAF Officer / Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died / Corpse Of Yahaya Umoru, Kogi Politician's Son Who Was Beaten To Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photographer Narrates How A Man Was Beaten Because He Drove Past Closed Road by CuriousMynd: 6:46am On Mar 30, 2018
Fati Abubakar is the internationally acclaimed documentary photographer behind the series, Bits of Borno.

Read what Fati wrote below;
This morning I slept at 3am and woke at 4am and was ready at 5am to catch a flight for 7am. The driver and I were on our way when we were told roads to the airport were closed. Because President Buhari is coming to Lagos. I had been warned the previous night.

We got down from the car and trekked with luggage the remaining distance. There were tons of people in suits and children going home for Easter break. It was hot. It was frustrating.

As I dragged my luggage, I saw a man being beaten because he had drove pass. He was head butted and punched. I understand why people cross the seas to get to Europe. A kind elderly woman and her driver stopped to pick me and another man and his son.

It is the every day Nigerians that help bandage you up when the government continues to shoot you in the foot.

Nigeria is an unfair country that does not give a damn about its people. I remember when we hovered in the air for an hour as we were about to land in Abuja because the plane could not land till Patience Jonathan’s plane did. So we just moved around in the air for an hour. What if something had happened.

There was exasperation even in the pilots voice. Foreign pilots who work here, I applaud. This country will kill a thick skinned long suffering Nigerian person much less a mild mannered man from an efficient country. Now I am watching a live show telling and showing us a school feeding program and trying to say it cares.

It is safe to say Ambode or Buhari, whoever decided to shut down Lagos has lost the Lagos vote. Lagosians are livid today. And they have a right to be. How do you close the roads in a mega city.

Culled from; https://www.torimill.com/2018/03/documentary-photographer-narrates-how-a-man-was-beaten-because-he-drove-past-closed-road.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

Re: Photographer Narrates How A Man Was Beaten Because He Drove Past Closed Road by Nobody: 7:00am On Mar 30, 2018
it is an everyday activity, where masses are beaten and maltreated by men of d force and private body guards. I experienced a case during d tarring of shaguolo road in warri, Delta state ( d road is bad and there are currently re-tarring it again). a guy was caught with a camera phone snapping d work in progress, an army official beat d guy bloody, almost blinding one eye and threw him into their van ( phone has already been destroyed o). no 1 could do a thing, and I seriously cant understand d reason 4 d guys beating

1 Like

Re: Photographer Narrates How A Man Was Beaten Because He Drove Past Closed Road by SouthEastFacts: 7:08am On Mar 30, 2018
Welcome to the world's largest Zoo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photographer Narrates How A Man Was Beaten Because He Drove Past Closed Road by northvietnam(m): 7:25am On Mar 30, 2018
Fati or Fatty is an IPOB woman that wants to Tarnish the Image of my beloved president...

the Dullaardinho 1 of Dullgerians

the Man that was scammed 3m usd for fake martin luther Award..

The Eze Cow 1 of Herdsmen Kingdom..

may u Reign in Daura come 2019 and beyound...

Cyber-ber Oooo....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photographer Narrates How A Man Was Beaten Because He Drove Past Closed Road by powerkey: 8:09am On Mar 30, 2018
The eze umu anumanu came to bring in Fulani terrorists into Lagos and those who brought this evil into Lagos will live to regret it....

The evils and bad economy of Buhari will not affect me at all.....

I will be smiling to the bank to load my account with money on daily basis but as many as support Buhari will not know peace, joy nor progress. Their prayers will also be an abomination before God.....
Re: Photographer Narrates How A Man Was Beaten Because He Drove Past Closed Road by SarkinYarki: 8:13am On Mar 30, 2018
I dont know of Ambode but Buhari lost the Lagos vote a long time ago
Re: Photographer Narrates How A Man Was Beaten Because He Drove Past Closed Road by papoudaupolos: 8:14am On Mar 30, 2018
Always Abide by the Law of Oga on duty, forget the law of the book.shikenan
Re: Photographer Narrates How A Man Was Beaten Because He Drove Past Closed Road by Margy: 9:39am On Mar 30, 2018
Buhari has simply lost his votes in Lagos.. No sane lagosian will vote him after causing them to trek...

Trekking they never planned for!
Byforce trekking!
Trekking for APC!

(1) (Reply)

PDP Agrees To Return Loots, Names Looters In APC Urging Them To Return Theirs / Why Delta Needs Dr. Cairo Ojougboh / Transparency International’s Corruption Ranking Of Nigeria Faulty – Magu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.