Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died (63827 Views)

Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA / Demand For Probe Increases Over Abba Kyari’s Daughter’s NSIA Appointment / Abba Kyari’s Daughter Secretly Appointed VP At Nigerian Sovereign Investment Aut (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died by obembet(f): 2:48pm On May 04, 2020
Aisha, daughter of Abba Kyari, late chief of staff to President Muhammadu Buhari, says her father never drove a car till he passed away.

In a touching tribute published on ThisDay, titled ‘My daddy, my best friend’, Aisha described her late father as an outstanding personality whose wealth of experience cuts across various spheres of life.

She said it was however, amusing that despite his exposure, he could not drive a car until his demise.

“This may sound odd but my beloved daddy couldn’t drive a car! He never learnt how to drive for a day in his entire life,” she wrote.

She also went on to explain how her late father was largely “misunderstood” and “mischievously misrepresented” by some Nigerians, despite his contributions to humanity and nation-building.

“My dad was terribly misunderstood and arguably mischievously misrepresented. Even his age was never gotten right from the day he became Chief of staff till the day he died. My dad died at the age of 67. He was often mistaken for the late Brigadier Abba Kyari who was indeed in his 80’s,” she added.

According her, the decision of the late chief of staff not to defend himself against critics was to enable him concentrate on his major assignment of serving his principal and the country.

“For clarity, my dad was more than capable of defending himself. The reason he didn’t is that it would have distracted him from his primary assignment of serving his principal and by extension, his country,” Aisha wrote.

TheCable had reported how Kyari died from COVID-19 complications on April 17, a few weeks after he had tested positive for the novel disease, following an official trip to Germany and the UK.

Aisha, Kyari’s eldest daughter, had made headlines for calling out her later father’s critics.
Source: https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/abba-kyari-never-drove-a-car-till-he-died-says-daughter/

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died by Visualize: 2:48pm On May 04, 2020
Now, he's on a full speed driving to hell...

Lemme just leave this warning here for our Owambe brothers.

106 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died by Enoch07: 2:49pm On May 04, 2020
your dad died at age 67? lies!!!!!!!! by the way, person way get money to pay driver, y drive? I wonder

173 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died by Davash222(m): 2:52pm On May 04, 2020
And today his driver is still alive while he's dead.

Moral of the story; always drive to stay alive. cool

323 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died by Bvertamil: 2:54pm On May 04, 2020
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died by Turantula(m): 2:59pm On May 04, 2020
Wash a pig, annoint a pig, cloth a pig......

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died by Paperwhite(m): 3:00pm On May 04, 2020
Guess that is one of his contributions to national development? Abeg make we hear word.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died by Jamesbally: 3:05pm On May 04, 2020
Such a wonderful man.

May his soul Rest In Peace.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died by vanida6: 3:07pm On May 04, 2020
May his soul rest in peace

16 Likes

Re: Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died by Lipscomb(m): 3:07pm On May 04, 2020
Enough of this. Bloggers should allow us to rest over ABBA kyari.

5 Likes

Re: Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died by yyba: 3:12pm On May 04, 2020
Igbos will soon invade this thread with hate. undecided

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died by samwash(m): 3:20pm On May 04, 2020
Make una allow this man rest in peace oo!!
When he dey a life many Nigerians nor mean well for ham, now that is death, na so so episode una dey write Abt him,all good episode while he was a life una paint ham bad.
Well the man death touch me Sha,it's well.

3 Likes

Re: Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died by phelonrays: 3:24pm On May 04, 2020
" For clarity, my dad was more than capable of
defending himself. The reason he didn’t is that it
would have distracted him from his primary
assignment of serving his principal and by
extension, his country,”

His Country [The Islamic Republic of Northern Nigeria] abi

Spare us this crap, My Lady

We all Know who your Dad was

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died by Discombulator: 3:26pm On May 04, 2020
Enough of all this epistle pls

5 Likes

Re: Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died by Otunbaileesee(m): 3:26pm On May 04, 2020
He had drivers na

2 Likes

Re: Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died by Avalancheman: 3:26pm On May 04, 2020
Ehya
Re: Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died by NaijadrivaCars: 3:27pm On May 04, 2020
It is a lie. He DROVE Bubu.

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died by wilemer: 3:27pm On May 04, 2020
obembeti:
Aisha, daughter of Abba Kyari, late chief of staff to President Muhammadu Buhari, says her father never drove a car till he passed away.

In a touching tribute published on ThisDay, titled ‘My daddy, my best friend’, Aisha described her late father as an outstanding personality whose wealth of experience cuts across various spheres of life.

what do we do with this info? undecided

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died by vibbb: 3:27pm On May 04, 2020
He cant drive a car but practically drove the afare of a whole nation.

What a wonderful world.

29 Likes

Re: Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died by helinues: 3:27pm On May 04, 2020
Not everyone likes driving

6 Likes

Re: Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died by emkz: 3:27pm On May 04, 2020
Great epistle from a cerebral daughter of a cerebral dad.

As for the misrepresentation, how come everyone your dad had a problem with was eased out of government? Including that fine-face Winifred Oyo-Ita, the cerebral Ibe Kachikwu (who had a first class performance) and Kemi Adeosun? Babagana Monguno would have been eased out as well if Buhari was not stubborn on certain issues. Osinbajo would have been fired if it was constitutionally allowed. Your dad undermined the office of the Vice-President several times. History has that on record.

Your dad has done his bit, you do not need to defend him on any issue; time would defend him eventually just as time is showing that Ganduje is a poor leader, less than a month after deposing an Emir.

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died by Zedoo(m): 3:27pm On May 04, 2020
Lmao. Hope he can handle the hot wheels in hell. Devil is about to run his ass through some sambisa drills

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died by noble71(m): 3:27pm On May 04, 2020
undecided abeg abeg enough of Abba Kyari stories. Allow the man to rest.

4 Likes

Re: Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died by Hisincrease: 3:27pm On May 04, 2020
Is that an achievement?

At least he bought cars. What of folks who never bought wheel till their death.

RIP to the Man.
Since you can't tell us how much he stole while alive, Let's pretend and move ahead.

13 Likes

Re: Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 04, 2020
sad

There is nothing touching about this

13 Likes

Re: Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died by Dirpetaner: 3:27pm On May 04, 2020
The driver can do it for him. Coronavirus was his last driver.

9 Likes

Re: Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 04, 2020
Well... we can say he was the most popular chief of staff Nigeria ever had..

5 Likes

Re: Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died by Digmygold: 3:28pm On May 04, 2020
Why were the other aides who are still in their youth not sent on that trip to UK and Germany? All these greedy ancestors in Naija politricks that will not clear road for the youth to flourish baba God go clear them from earth.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died by praiseneo(m): 3:28pm On May 04, 2020
So?
Wetin make we come do

4 Likes

Re: Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died by Hausaboy239(m): 3:28pm On May 04, 2020
First time seeing him without the Red cap though!

R.I.P Mallam Abba Kyari

3 Likes

Re: Aisha, Abba Kyari's Daughter: My Father Never Drove Till He Died by Iscoalarcon: 3:28pm On May 04, 2020
local man is confused

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Enugu State Governor, Sullivan Chime Is Critically Sick! / Lagos Green And Eco-Friendly Housing Estate Unveiled (Photos) / Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.