Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. (19549 Views)

Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? / Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? / "Amazon CEO, Jeff Bezos Is World's Richest Man & He Doesn't Tithe"- Daddy Freeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by neeyeesky(m): 1:34pm On Mar 30, 2018
Thank God for [color=#990000][/color]Jesus christ
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by HARDLABOR: 1:34pm On Mar 30, 2018
wese90:

Today is Friday Sir

Ehn is Muslims that owns the FP na
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by temmyz16(m): 1:37pm On Mar 30, 2018
even if he killed himself,since God is the all knowing God,he would have known he would end up like that.cus he was to play the role of the villain.hes not to be blamed then.
it might not be real though
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by Mayflowa(m): 1:38pm On Mar 30, 2018
The stories in the Bible are actually refined. It is even harder for non-native to understand except you are a bible historian. However, God still work according to our understanding.

Yes, there is a documentary about Jesus: Faith, Fact and Forgery by Bible historians and some Priests. Judas Iscariot was one of Jesus most admired ally. Judas bears the burden and suffering of having to betray Jesus once he was aware. Jesus had confided in Judas his role in christiandom and he found it difficult to accept.

So he isn’t a bad man as we portray him to be. I think there is a book on Judas Iscariot that has been discovered. It told of the pains Judas beared in fulfilling the scriptures

2 Likes

Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by STANPASQUAL(m): 1:40pm On Mar 30, 2018
One thing we should realise is this: God created man, made up of three distinct entities: Flesh, Spirit and Soul. The flesh is d physical vehicle, the ultimate tool of the devil. The spirit is the entity that occupies the vacuum in man. It can be of God or the Devil. The case of Saul comes to mind. The soul is the MAN himself. The soul is the decision maker, making decisions between the whims of the flesh and the dictates of the spirit. The soul is a free being, a god, immortal. Thus, it is the soul that goes to hell or heaven. What I'm driving at is this: Judas made his decision. Plain and simple.
Secondly, let's assume his freewill was taken away, what did he do when he realised his mistake?? Peter BETRAYED Jesus too. He wept and asked for forgiveness. Judas took matters into his hands and killed himself. So that's that

2 Likes

Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by AustineCJ: 1:43pm On Mar 30, 2018
Nobody is blaming Judas Iscariot, yea he was used to fulfil destiny but left for me his only crime was not repenting from his sins n committing suicide.
1.Peter denied Christ 3times but repented
2.Thoma's doubted Christ but repented
3.Judas betrayed Christ but went ahead to commit suicide which is a sin...
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by Mayflowa(m): 1:43pm On Mar 30, 2018
Cordis92:
Op, good for quoting some parts of the bible, but you forgot to quote Mark 14:21, where Jesus said "woe to that man by whom the Son of man shall be betrayed".

But who is Judas?

We are all Judas. We have betrayed Jesus many times and those times we crucified him again. Many times we have promised to be good or do good, but many times we betrayed Jesus' trust.

The “woe” is the curse being heaped on Judas by earthly beings. Lol.
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by kovah(m): 1:44pm On Mar 30, 2018
All the fried chicken u eat seems to have clogged ur brains ......,so let me use d chicken to explain a little fact to u....was Judas' name mentioned in any of d prophecies... It could have been any of d D 12...no chicken wants to die so u can eat in KFC...they run away from d butcher's knife...d ones u eat didnt run fast or far enough ...all of the 12 were prone to sin....some didn't even know who Jesus was even when he asked them....some were violent...... Judas was d one who made d choice..... Like some of u who have chosen not to believe in facts of Jesus' origin... Dat is u excising ur God given free will.....eat ur chicken and b wise

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by iamtardey: 1:45pm On Mar 30, 2018
Olachase:
One thing I kW be say if na Nigeria man God first put for garden of Eden, once dem chop the forbidden fruit, Him go still plug extra put for Pocket grin grin grin
the snake sef no safe

2 Likes

Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by shakyum: 1:48pm On Mar 30, 2018
Nice piece
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by MiamiePizza(m): 1:49pm On Mar 30, 2018
Largas:
thank you very much.

i don't think judas deserves to be in hell or be hated because God just designed him to be the unfortunate one that will be used to act the prophecies he gave to his prophets in the old testament.

so why resent and "hell" an innocent man whom played perfectly, the role you had destined for him before his birth.

abeggi Christians.
Truly Jesus was to be betrayed by one of the twelves but the Bible said woe unto whom the son on man would be betrayed.
It was because of his greed and lost for money that made him commit that, why didn't Peter betray Jesus? Why not Andrew, Philip abi Thomas? One of the twelve the Bible said so Judas is guilty and deserves whatsoever punishment he is facing now.
He also committed suc!d* and you know that is a grave sin also

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by CSTR1002: 1:51pm On Mar 30, 2018
Jesus said woe is he by whom the son of man is betrayed.

That means it didn't have to be Judas Iscariot. It could have been anybody.

Judas unfortunately had the trait of greed that made him palatable for the devil's use.

Don't forget that he had already been stealing from the offering bag before the betrayal .

So the Devil looked for a willing vessel in the 12 disciples and got Judas. It didn't have to be him.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by BuddhaPalm(m): 1:52pm On Mar 30, 2018
Earthbound:
One word, free will

Jesus saw the devil jump inside Judas and then He said to him to do what he had to do quickly.

Wasn't his free will taken from him?

I agree with you OP.

As soon as Judas took the bread, Satan entered into him. Jesus said to him, "Hurry and do what you must!" (John 13:27)

2 Likes

Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by mekonglobal(m): 1:53pm On Mar 30, 2018
Largas:
thank you very much.

i don't think judas deserves to be in hell or be hated because God just designed him to be the unfortunate one that will be used to act the prophecies he gave to his prophets in the old testament.

so why resent and "hell" an innocent man whom played perfectly, the role you had destined for him before his birth.

abeggi Christians.
No he got it all wrong when he hang himself, there is no sin that God can not forgive, if u ask.
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by Rayreezy: 1:53pm On Mar 30, 2018
bolafez:
I think one of the main reasons Christan blame Judas is, he never repented of which he had time to repent. He was destined to betray Jesus but he wasn't destined to end up in hell. Peter betrayed Jesus thrice and yet the church was built on him simply because he repented.
Repentance is what brings God's mercy to mankind and not taking a shortcut by committing suicide.

Sincerely, I see Zero Meaning in what you just said.

That God Created Judas to betray Jesus, and then he is being condemned for it, and you are here talking of repentance.

Even the bible confused us;

Matthew 27:3–10 says that Judas returned the money to the priests and committed suicide by hanging himself. They used it to buy the potter's field. The Gospel account presents this as a fulfillment of prophecy.[12].

Then Acts 1:18–19 says that Judas himself used the money to buy a field.

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by Thugaa: 1:58pm On Mar 30, 2018
Bullshit! How does this add more money to my wallet?
crazysaint:
As usual today people will cry, wail, curse Judas Iscariot for betraying our Lord Jesus christ

To me i don't think Judas Iscariot deserves any blame for betraying Jesus christ.

As Christians we know that the primary purpose of our Lord Jesus christ on earth was to save mankind. Before Jesus christ came into the world, God has past through the prophets of old to prophecy about his coming, not just his coming but the manner he will be betrayed and slain.

Before i go further let me take you to Bible portions that foretold the betrayal,suffering, and death of our Lord Jesus christ.

Psalm 41:9, King David wrote a prayer asking for mercy in his last days. In this prayer, which Christians acknowledge as being inspired by God, David wrote about a betrayal at the hand of a close friend with whom he had shared bread.
This foreshadowed something that happened years later with Jesus. As explained in Matthew 26:47-50, Jesus was betrayed by Judas, one of the 12 apostles, shortly after Jesus and the apostles had shared bread during the Last Supper. Jesus was crucified by the Romans a short time later.

Zechariah 11:4-17, the prophet speaks of a payment involving 30 pieces of silver and of a good shepherd whose service is brought to an end.

This foreshadows an event that happened to Jesus about 500 years later.
As explained in Matthew 26:15, Judas was paid 30 silver coins for his betrayal of Jesus. Judas told the Romans when and where they could arrest Jesus without being surrounded by a large crowd of Jesus' followers.

Isaiah 53:7, the prophet said that the servant would be afflicted and accused, and that he would remain silent like a lamb being led to slaughter.

As explained in Matthew 27:12-14, which was recorded about 700 years after the time of Isaiah, this is what happened to Jesus. He was falsely accused but remained silent and did not protest the accusations. Jesus was crucified by the Romans a short time later.

In Isaiah 53:4-6, prophet described a servant as being punished for the sins of others, and that others would be healed by the wounds of this person. As explained in the New Testament such as in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John Jesus was crucified for our sins, and he was sinless.

I can go on an on, but let me stop there.

In my opinion i don't think Judas deserve any blame, he was acting his part. it was the fulfilment of the prophecy.

If Judas didn't do that, where would we have been today.

Please pardon any blunder spotted.

Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by Rayreezy: 1:58pm On Mar 30, 2018
AustineCJ:
Nobody is blaming Judas Iscariot, yea he was used to fulfil destiny but left for me his only crime was not repenting from his sins n committing suicide.
1.Peter denied Christ 3times but repented
2.Thoma's doubted Christ but repented
3.Judas betrayed Christ but went ahead to commit suicide which is a sin...

SHUT UP !!!!!!!!
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by higherpower: 1:59pm On Mar 30, 2018
Oh Judas Iscariot is still being blamed till today yet you don't want PDP n GJ to be blamed.
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by weezweezweez(m): 2:00pm On Mar 30, 2018
MiamiePizza:

Truly Jesus was to be betrayed by one of the twelves but the Bible said woe unto whom the son on man would be betrayed.
It was because of his greed and lost for money that made him commit that, why didn't Peter betray Jesus? Why not Andrew, Philip abi Thomas? One of the twelve the Bible said so Judas is guilty and deserves whatsoever punishment he is facing now.
He also committed suc!d* and you know that is a grave sin also
don't mind those idiots talking nonsense... blasphemy all abt.... one dey call God 'nigga'... no b everyone get liver to dey smoke Indian hemp...

dem say God no dey, who created them? or they just appeared and start living?

awon oloshi gbogbo
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by CSTR1002: 2:00pm On Mar 30, 2018
Rayreezy:

Sincerely, I see Zero Meaning in what you just said.

That God Created Judas to betray Jesus, and then he is being condemned for it, and you are here talking of repentance.

Even the bible confused us;

Matthew 27:3–10 says that Judas returned the money to the priests and committed suicide by hanging himself. They used it to buy the potter's field. The Gospel account presents this as a fulfillment of prophecy.[12].

Then Acts 1:18–19 says that Judas himself used the money to buy a field.

Judas was not created to fufill that prophecy anymore than Peter was.

His character made him fufill that prophecy.

Don't forget that Peter did the same thing by denying Jesus. But unlike Judas, he didn't kill himself.

If Peter had killed himself, he would have been a villain.

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by Rayreezy: 2:02pm On Mar 30, 2018
CSTR1002:

Don't forget that Peter did the same thing by denying Jesus. But unlike Judas, he didn't kill himself.

Judas should be celebrated for handling Jesus over, in order for him to bring the so called "Salvation".

Judas is a Biblical Hero.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by cardoctor(m): 2:04pm On Mar 30, 2018
So are u saying tbat Judas Iscariot is in heaven?
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by BIGDADDY000(m): 2:12pm On Mar 30, 2018
so we should even stop blaming BUHARI for betrayed our trust in him?
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by Coldfeets: 2:13pm On Mar 30, 2018
Yes, I support you.

Let's blame Jonathan instead.

He deserves to be blamed. wink
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 30, 2018
thatigboman:
Jesus and Judas are just fables. Never existed. Never happened.

Shame on you for displaying your crass ignorance.

If you disputed the Christian interpretation of Jesus's death it would make a good conversation.

But the historical records never disputed the existence of Jesus.

Shame on you once again.

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by heendrix(m): 2:14pm On Mar 30, 2018
debaj10:
@ op:
some1 was destined t betray Christ.
but na Judas cari him two left leg go ax 4 egunje.
that said, he'd b ok if he repented and carried on wit d disciples.
na as him kill insef, na dia him mata rish God hand.

one of the sensible person on the thread

abeg one more like for you jawe
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by Olubidex: 2:15pm On Mar 30, 2018
His free will was not taken from him that is why Jesus Christ said cursed is the man by whom the son of man is betrayed. He had the opportunity to reject devil advances to betray his master. A good example is the case of Simon Peter who denied Jesus thrice consecutively but went to ask for forgiveness. but Judas went to hang himself.
The truth is he sinned like every other man but choose his own way
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by heendrix(m): 2:17pm On Mar 30, 2018
bolafez:
I think one of the main reasons Christan blame Judas is, he never repented of which he had time to repent. He was destined to betray Jesus but he wasn't destined to end up in hell. Peter betrayed Jesus thrice and yet the church was built on him simply because he repented.
Repentance is what brings God's mercy to mankind and not taking a shortcut by committing suicide.

another sensible one spotted

one more likes for you jawe

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 30, 2018
Earthbound:
One word, free will

Jesus saw the devil jump inside Judas and then He said to him to do what he had to do quickly.

Wasn't his free will taken from him?

I agree with you OP.

Before destiny becomes decided....It's a thought, then thoughts evolve into actions, several cascade of unrepentant actions become a habit and addiction....Finally it become ones destiny....Judas was stealing long before the opportunity to betray Jesus for cash came.... Several stealing built greed in him...Jesus could have been betrayed by any other person it ddnt have to be Judas or any of the twelve.

because there's a prophesy of evil doesn't make it a must for it to come to pass...

There was a prophesy against Nineveh but they repented even the animals fasted and the prophesy changed Cos if their actions....

There will always be evil and good events waiting to happen because slot of pple are thinking of both....But we must first allow ourselves to be used as a vessel for either for destiny to be decided

The disciple of Elisha ..gehazi ddnt have a destiny to become a leper..But his desire and greed evolved into his destiny Cos he ddnt stop being greedy...

God isn't seated somewhere making a list of pple to do good and evil by force...Thats one way he somehow made us gods as the Bible described us...Giving us free will and power to do what we wish so far we still have life...He only wants us to please him with that free will...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 30, 2018
CSTR1002:

True talk. Judad great fault was that he didn't believe in Jesus's redeeming power. Even the soldier who pierced Jesus, Hyginus, believed and was saved. The thief on the cross believed and was saved. Peter believed and was given a great responsibility. Paul persecuted but he was redeemed. But Judas, his actions show that perhaps he let Satan get the best of him.

Even till this day people still betray friends. But the ones we hail are not those who take the easy way out, but those who come to repentance.

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by korrej(m): 2:23pm On Mar 30, 2018
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by davidyoung17: 2:27pm On Mar 30, 2018
bolafez:
God bless u for dis piece man..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oladurotimi Saw Angels Wheeling Onaolapo Away / Woman Delivers In TB Joshua's Church (video) / Spirit Lives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.