Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. (19523 Views)

Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? / Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? / "Amazon CEO, Jeff Bezos Is World's Richest Man & He Doesn't Tithe"- Daddy Freeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by CodeTemplar: 2:34pm On Mar 30, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
gbam

God had a plan for Judas, the plan was to betray Jesus, why blame and castigate him for carrying out gods plan.

Same for everyone on earth. according to bible, God has plans for everyone, and he knows the beginning and the end. That means, it's absloutely unfair to judge everyone that became atheist, or unbeliever or whatever.

It would be unfair or even make god a psychotic being if he throws Judas in hell for simply carrying out his plan.
So if you decide to end an innocent man's life right now it is God who predestinate that?
I think God knows our eventual choice and only revealed those to prophets. I don't know if u will agree with me, but in the spirit world it possible to see the past and future through the spiritual powers. Evil men too use it according to their power.

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by Kingsley10000: 2:35pm On Mar 30, 2018
Gepheral:
It could be anybody
yea...we are not perfect
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by makydebbie(f): 2:38pm On Mar 30, 2018
I agree.

Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 30, 2018
Largas:
thank you very much.

i don't think judas deserves to be in hell or be hated because God just designed him to be the unfortunate one that will be used to act the prophecies he gave to his prophets in the old testament.

so why resent and "hell" an innocent man whom played perfectly, the role you had destined for him before his birth.

abeggi Christians.
Judas had the freewill to choose what is bad or good

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 30, 2018
Olachase:
One thing I kW be say if na Nigeria man God first put for garden of Eden, once dem chop the forbidden fruit, Him go still plug extra put for Pocket grin grin grin
grin grin grin
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by hijodedios: 2:51pm On Mar 30, 2018
Largas:
thank you very much.

i don't think judas deserves to be in hell or be hated because God just designed him to be the unfortunate one that will be used to act the prophecies he gave to his prophets in the old testament.

so why resent and "hell" an innocent man whom played perfectly, the role you had destined for him before his birth.

abeggi Christians.

And who told you judas is in hell fire?
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by Robisky001(m): 2:53pm On Mar 30, 2018
All these atheist wannabes commenting trash upndan.

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 30, 2018
OtemAtum:
Why are you people bothering over Jesus, a fictitious character?

Historic Faulkin who died millions of years ago was not murdered, rather, he died in Sodom-Egypt, but we homo sapiens have ignorantly made a fictitious character called Jesus out of the story of Faulkin and we expect a fictitious Jesus to return to rapture us to heaven. Hmm. Homo Sapiens are funny.

"we homo sapiens have ignorantly made a fictitious character called Jesus out of the story of Faulkin and we expect a fictitious Jesus to return to rapture us to heaven. Hmm."

Rapture us? how many of you are us.

Keep confusing yourself. grin
You have no belief in God neither in Jesus and you are saying Us. grin
No one says He is coming to rapture "us" but rapture the saints of which you are not a part.

You atheists have problems of minding your business.
You believe there is God, no Jesus and no Christian is troubling you on your belief.

Why must you die on what I believe.

Jesus Christ came, died for my sin and I am saved.

If you like combine Tramadol, Codinne and insecticide together and swallow. Its your cup of Nescafe.

Happy Easter to all Christians.

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 30, 2018
Judas should be highly blamed becus he was used by the devil becus of his greed.
God has destinied a betrayer for Jesus but a name was never mentioned,meaning it can could have been anybody. But the person must be a greedy person,because it is only a greedy person that will sell out another person for money and that was why Judas due to his greed,sold Jesus to Romans soldiers. Peter was there like-wise James and john,so why didn't they do it,it was bcus they were not greedy unlike judas.

Say no greed today bcus u might be used to fulfil a prophecy

2 Likes

Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by Kingsley10000: 3:02pm On Mar 30, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
gbam

God had a plan for Judas, the plan was to betray Jesus, why blame and castigate him for carrying out gods plan.

Same for everyone on earth. according to bible, God has plans for everyone, and he knows the beginning and the end. That means, it's absloutely unfair to judge everyone that became atheist, or unbeliever or whatever.

It would be unfair or even make god a psychotic being if he throws Judas in hell for simply carrying out his plan.
so he should be exonerated
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 30, 2018
Mayflowa:
The stories in the Bible are actually refined. It is even harder for non-native to understand except you are a bible historian. However, God still work according to our understanding.

Yes, there is a documentary about Jesus: Faith, Fact and Forgery by Bible historians and some Priests. Judas Iscariot was one of Jesus most admired ally. Judas bears the burden and suffering of having to betray Jesus once he was aware. Jesus had confided in Judas his role in christiandom and he found it difficult to accept.

So he isn’t a bad man as we portray him to be. I think there is a book on Judas Iscariot that has been discovered. It told of the pains Judas beared in fulfilling the scriptures

I guess as you were typing all this your discorveries there were some green bottles that have been butchered in front of you.

grin

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by AustineCJ: 3:03pm On Mar 30, 2018
Rayreezy:

SHUT UP !!!!!!!!
Why should I?does it pain hearing the truth

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by fabre4: 3:10pm On Mar 30, 2018
crazysaint:
As usual today people will cry, wail, curse Judas Iscariot for betraying our Lord Jesus christ

To me i don't think Judas Iscariot deserves any blame for betraying Jesus christ.

As Christians we know that the primary purpose of our Lord Jesus christ on earth was to save mankind. Before Jesus christ came into the world, God has past through the prophets of old to prophecy about his coming, not just his coming but the manner he will be betrayed and slain.

Before i go further let me take you to Bible portions that foretold the betrayal,suffering, and death of our Lord Jesus christ.

Psalm 41:9, King David wrote a prayer asking for mercy in his last days. In this prayer, which Christians acknowledge as being inspired by God, David wrote about a betrayal at the hand of a close friend with whom he had shared bread.
This foreshadowed something that happened years later with Jesus. As explained in Matthew 26:47-50, Jesus was betrayed by Judas, one of the 12 apostles, shortly after Jesus and the apostles had shared bread during the Last Supper. Jesus was crucified by the Romans a short time later.

Zechariah 11:4-17, the prophet speaks of a payment involving 30 pieces of silver and of a good shepherd whose service is brought to an end.

This foreshadows an event that happened to Jesus about 500 years later.
As explained in Matthew 26:15, Judas was paid 30 silver coins for his betrayal of Jesus. Judas told the Romans when and where they could arrest Jesus without being surrounded by a large crowd of Jesus' followers.

Isaiah 53:7, the prophet said that the servant would be afflicted and accused, and that he would remain silent like a lamb being led to slaughter.

As explained in Matthew 27:12-14, which was recorded about 700 years after the time of Isaiah, this is what happened to Jesus. He was falsely accused but remained silent and did not protest the accusations. Jesus was crucified by the Romans a short time later.

In Isaiah 53:4-6, prophet described a servant as being punished for the sins of others, and that others would be healed by the wounds of this person. As explained in the New Testament such as in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John Jesus was crucified for our sins, and he was sinless.

I can go on an on, but let me stop there.

In my opinion i don't think Judas deserve any blame, he was acting his part. it was the fulfilment of the prophecy.

If Judas didn't do that, where would we have been today.

Please pardon any blunder spotted.

God sees our end from our beginning you'd know this and agree too if you are a Christian...nobody blames Judas for betraying Jesus cos we all are/were judas but failure to repent is what condemned him cos had he repented God would have forgiven just like he did to Peter
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by fabre4: 3:13pm On Mar 30, 2018
Mayflowa:
The stories in the Bible are actually refined. It is even harder for non-native to understand except you are a bible historian. However, God still work according to our understanding.

Yes, there is a documentary about Jesus: Faith, Fact and Forgery by Bible historians and some Priests. Judas Iscariot was one of Jesus most admired ally. Judas bears the burden and suffering of having to betray Jesus once he was aware. Jesus had confided in Judas his role in christiandom and he found it difficult to accept.

So he isn’t a bad man as we portray him to be. I think there is a book on Judas Iscariot that has been discovered. It told of the pains Judas beared in fulfilling the scriptures

God is not the author of confusion that book is never from God and those who found it should also bring the one where peter was asked to deny christ
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 30, 2018
Judas Iscariot is as guilty as the next murderer on the street.

When God created everyone He did not destine anyone to be a Thief, Murderer, LovePeddler, etc
He created everything beautiful and good.

We all decided on what to be on getting to the earth.

It is true that Jesus was sent to be betrayed by someone but no one was destined to be the betrayer.

Intact, It could have been one of the other eleven disciples, one of the siblings of Jesus, Mary Magdalene, Martha, or any other person who made himself available for the Devil to be used.

Judas made himself available. Infact possibly he tought Jesus would disapper like he had done many times, or command the attackers dead, blind or lame. May be he only needed the money for some urgent reasons and was dead sure Christ would free himself. But he was surprised He didnt even strugle with them but follow them. The Bible says he wept and regreted his actions but it was not mentioned that he genuinely asked for forgiveness. That was where he finally missed it.

God knows that there are Evil men on earth and one of them must do the job. Judas opted to do the job.

So he was guilty.

Now, had it been after the betrayal he didn't kill himself but rather repented by going back to the other disciples and ask God for forgiveness,

The story we would have been reading today won't be what it is but something like this

" And when he had betrayed the Lord , he became sober. and Judas went back to the Priests and returned the thirty silver coins and wept bitterly, he then went to confess his sins to the other disciples and they prayed with him and he became fervent in the propergation of the gospel...."

So Judas is guilty.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by OtemAtum: 3:30pm On Mar 30, 2018
tamethem:

"we homo sapiens have ignorantly made a fictitious character called Jesus out of the story of Faulkin and we expect a fictitious Jesus to return to rapture us to heaven. Hmm."

Rapture us? how many of you are us.

Keep confusing yourself. grin
You have no belief in God neither in Jesus and you are saying Us. grin
No one says He is coming to rapture "us" but rapture the saints of which you are not a part.

You atheists have problems of minding your business.
You believe there is God, no Jesus and no Christian is troubling you on your belief.

Why must you die on what I believe.

Jesus Christ came, died for my sin and I am saved.

If you like combine Tramadol, Codinne and insecticide together and swallow. Its your cup of Nescafe.

Happy Easter to all Christians.

Point of correction, I know God Almighty, the creator of Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, etc. I know the true history of the world from billions of years ago. I know Faulkin and I also know how fictitious Jesus was created by the pens of the scribes. It is not up to the extent of wishing death to people for telling you the truth. That I Otem, the god of truth, did reveal the death of Faulkin to you doesn't warrant you using harsh and suicidal words on me. May the light of God Almighty open your brain to the truth, ASE!!!
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by bidak(m): 3:34pm On Mar 30, 2018
The point is someone was going to betray Jesus but it doesn't have to be judas Iscariot, his greediness and covetinousness made him betray Jesus so he deserves to be blamed ...
modified : The good thing is that God gave us the chance to make our choice ( good or bad, right or wrong) which makes us responsible for anything that happens to us
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by 36STATES: 3:38pm On Mar 30, 2018
I thought this post was about former river state governor Amechi. Who else thought it was about him?
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by handsomeyinka(m): 3:44pm On Mar 30, 2018
thatigboman:
Jesus and Judas are just fables. Never existed. Never happened.
You be real igbo man
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 30, 2018
OtemAtum:

Point of correction, I know God Almighty, the creator of Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, etc. I know the true history of the world from billions of years ago. I know Faulkin and I also know how fictitious Jesus was created by the pens of the scribes. It is not up to the extent of wishing death to people for telling you the truth. That I Otem, the god of truth, did reveal the death of Faulkin to you doesn't warrant you using harsh and suicidal words on me. May the light of God Almighty open your brain to the truth, ASE!!!

Oh! You thinking I wish you dead? far from it.

I was only saying the way you carry the matter of Christians for what they believe on your head that you can do your worst.

We Know and Believe Jehovah is the All in All. He made the universe and Jesus Christ is His Son. grin

If you don't like that once again,Third mainland Bridge is no more guarded by the police. Free yourself from hearing the gospel.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by Mintayo(m): 3:56pm On Mar 30, 2018
Betraying Jesus is not the issue. Not repenting after the deed is the issue.
Peter betrayed Jesus, but he repented immediately. That's the difference.
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 30, 2018
cry
crazysaint:
As usual today people will cry, wail, curse Judas Iscariot for betraying our Lord Jesus christ

To me i don't think Judas Iscariot deserves any blame for betraying Jesus christ.

As Christians we know that the primary purpose of our Lord Jesus christ on earth was to save mankind. Before Jesus christ came into the world, God has past through the prophets of old to prophecy about his coming, not just his coming but the manner he will be betrayed and slain.

Before i go further let me take you to Bible portions that foretold the betrayal,suffering, and death of our Lord Jesus christ.

Psalm 41:9, King David wrote a prayer asking for mercy in his last days. In this prayer, which Christians acknowledge as being inspired by God, David wrote about a betrayal at the hand of a close friend with whom he had shared bread.
This foreshadowed something that happened years later with Jesus. As explained in Matthew 26:47-50, Jesus was betrayed by Judas, one of the 12 apostles, shortly after Jesus and the apostles had shared bread during the Last Supper. Jesus was crucified by the Romans a short time later.

Zechariah 11:4-17, the prophet speaks of a payment involving 30 pieces of silver and of a good shepherd whose service is brought to an end.

As explained in Matthew 26:15, Judas was paid 30 silver coins for his betrayal of Jesus. Judas told the Romans when and where they could arrest Jesus without being surrounded by a large crowd of Jesus' followers.

Isaiah 53:7, the prophet said that the servant would be afflicted and accused, and that he would remain silent like a lamb being led to slaughter.

As explained in Matthew 27:12-14, which was recorded about 700 years after the time of Isaiah, this is what happened to Jesus. He was falsely accused but remained silent and did not protest the accusations. Jesus was crucified by the Romans a short time later.

In Isaiah 53:4-6, prophet described a servant as being punished for the sins of others, and that others would be healed by the wounds of this person. As explained in the New Testament such as in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John Jesus was crucified for our sins, and he was sinless.

In my opinion i don't think Judas deserve any blame, he was acting his part. it was the fulfilment of the prophecy.

If u study Matthew Chapter 26:20-25 very well you will find out that Judas Iscariot had an opportunity to repent and it was not his destiny to betray Jesus Christ or use his own blood to bring redemption for himself (Matthew 27:5), and this was a revelation Peter had after denying Jesus Christ (Matthew 25:75).
Judas Iscariot allowed the devil to manipulate him because of his greed and you will agree with me that he was the treasurer in Jesus ministry. (John 12:6)
Meanwhile, will should all understand that GOD'S WORD is continuous(will explain this another time) and a prophecy can either manifest or not based on the STATE OF OUR HEART WITH GOD ALMIGHTY(Isaiah 38:1-22). Also, we all should understand that GOD ALMIGHTY IS OMNIPOTENT, OMNISCIENT AND OMNIPRESENT and HE has more than a million ways to brings REDEMPTION to man because of HIS STEADFAST AND GENUINE LOVE FOR MAN (psalms 8:4, 144:3).
Thanks.
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by Dsholla: 4:00pm On Mar 30, 2018
OSUigbo:
Confused sets of people.

I don't think they understand or believe in the concept of destiny.

Same Christians ;

Some believe that he is God

Some believe he is just the son of God

Some believe that he is both.

Some of the foolish things I still can't comprehend.

1) The story of the flat earth
2) The story of the tower of BABEL
3) The story of how Satan took Jesus (their God) to a high mountain and showed/promised him the whole world if....

All this illogical fuckeries could never have come from the REAL God's inspiration..

Looks like a mere literature fused together in Holy name
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by OtemAtum: 4:03pm On Mar 30, 2018
tamethem:

Oh! You thinking I wish you dead? far from it.

I was only saying the way you carry the matter of Christians for what they believe on your head that you can do your worst.

We Know and Believe Jehovah is the All in All. He made the universe and Jesus Christ is His Son. grin

If you don't like that once again,Third mainland Bridge is no more guarded by the police. Free yourself from hearing the gospel.

You are opposed to the truth. God Almighty who created Jehovah is All in All. Jehovah is just a very tiny proportion of God Almighty, same as you and I. God Almighty is a sum total of existence. A local god such as Yahweh, Allah, Moloch, Vishnu or Olorun cannot fit the immensity of God Almighty.

As for your third mainland bridge suggestion, I take that for the joke of the century. The god of truth doesn't think of suicides, It's weird you could be imagining such dirty things in your mind? Are you tired of life?
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by victorazyvictor(m): 4:18pm On Mar 30, 2018
Largas:
thank you very much.

abeggi Christians.

grin you funny..

God is " God of plan B" weda Judas or no Judas His plan would be accomplished.

That's why we pray "Do not lead us into temptation"
Same thing happened to Lucifer in heaven.

That's what happens to people who do not leave their past before following Christ.
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by edward1106(m): 4:21pm On Mar 30, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
gbam

You made sense until .......you added, "That means ....... " and all afterwards.

Let me tell you the perfect truth and I wished everyone could see this. There are some things we don't have control over in our lives, like what happened to Judas Iscariot. For him, it is not his ACT that matters but his decision after the act. Did he repent afterwards or just left the world feeling guilty? Nobody chose to be born blind, born poor, etc but it is the decision you make afterwards that matters.
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 30, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
gbam

So, was Judas a programme?
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by billyG(m): 4:31pm On Mar 30, 2018
PDP should Apologise to Judas Iscarrot ~FKK
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by mysteriousD: 5:03pm On Mar 30, 2018
crazysaint:

, what Judas did doesn’t make sense — but does it ever make sense for someone to choose evil over good? No, of course not, because evil always hurts and destroys us eventually — always. And yet people choose evil instead of good all the time.

The Bible suggests that one reason why Judas decided to betray Jesus for 30 silver coins may have been greed. Judas was the treasurer for Jesus’ little band of twelve disciples, and the Bible says he secretly stole some of the money that was given to support their ministry and appropriated it for his own use (see John 12:4-6). Judas, in other words, was only interested in himself, and his heart was cold toward anyone else — even Jesus.
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by EarthXmetahuman: 5:10pm On Mar 30, 2018
edward1106:

You made sense until .......you added, "That means ....... " and all afterwards.

Let me tell you the perfect truth and I wished everyone could see this. There are some things we don't have control over in our lives, like what happened to Judas Iscariot. For him, it is not his ACT that matters but his decision after the act. Did he repent afterwards or just left the world feeling guilty? Nobody chose to be born blind, born poor, etc but it is the decision you make afterwards that matters.
god knows the beginning and the end.
he knows if judas will repent or not from the beginning. heck, he programmed how judas will spend his life on earth when he was creating him.

judas can only guilty of anything if you are saying god doesn't know the beginning or the end.
Re: Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. by Superman30(m): 5:18pm On Mar 30, 2018
OSUigbo:
Confused sets of people.

I don't think they understand or believe in the concept of destiny.

Same Christians ;

Some believe that he is God

Some believe he is just the son of God

Some believe that he is both.

Some of the foolish things I still can't comprehend.

1) The story of the flat earth
2) The story of the tower of BABEL
3) The story of how Satan took Jesus (their God) to a high mountain and showed/promised him the whole world if....

All this illogical fuckeries could never have come from the REAL God's inspiration..
just imagine how they reason! Jesus worshiped God and asked all his followers to worship God alone.
How can God worship God?
No wonder some of them worship Mary as the mother of God.
Pls when did the marriage between the mother and father of God take place?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Success Stories Of Tithers You Can Add Yours / Spirit Lives / Cancer: How God Healed My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.