Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,426 members, 7,822,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

"My Father's Will" A Story From Wurastories - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "My Father's Will" A Story From Wurastories (1166 Views)

A Lonely Heart (A Story) / The Mysterious Girl(a Love Story From Epiphanus) / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"My Father's Will" A Story From Wurastories by Kindoo: 9:43am On Mar 31, 2018
I was born with silver spoon but my father tried as much as possible to make us strong and independent. When we were growing up, he purposely made us pass through some tough times unlike other rich men's children, who had it all fun growing up. When I graduated from a university in Nigeria and I had served the nation, I had a compulsory one year serving time in one of my father's company, after which he sent me abroad for my master degree. He invited me back home when I was through and built my own company of choice for me based my profession, civil engineer, just as he did for my older and younger siblings. He pumped good money into it and set it up fine; giving me the best for a start.
       I was happy but not careful,  I didn't  handle it well. I was living the life of a big man's son. Whenever I had issues in my company which was principally ran by my employees, I went to my father, who would rebuke me and help me. I was not careful to build that which he had given to me, I did not strive to make it work talk less of taking it to higher level. I have a life, so I was living the best of it to me, mon jaye ori mi. Even when I got married, I was still living my life, running to my father whenever anything went wrong, mostly when there was no money in the pocket to rock, to flex and even flirt.
      At the age of seventy five, my father died, I was 42 years by then. Oh I was sad, he had been of a great help to me. He was a good disciplinarian and a loving father. May his soul rest in peace, Amen! My father had great wealth, he had investment in different sectors and more than one vibrant companies, I was expecting a good chunk of his wealth after death, I tell you that was one reason I never took my life serious, I believed no matter what,  something will always come from him, when alive or in death. He was given a befitting burial amidst praises, people of honour were well present and represented.  
      After the burial, the lawyer came to read the will. He was a trusted  lawyer, so non of us could doubt it. All written there, was written by my father and he signed. The lawyer read it all out and all of us were surprised. My father willed all he had to charity. He had been doing much of that while alive and he stated in his will, 'Giving all to them was where it would matter most'.  He clearly stated that, he had given us enough to stand. To tell the truth, he really gave us when he was here. There was nothing we desired and it was in his capacity that he spared. My father gave my mother the supervision of his companies with 10 per cent for her up keep.  My eyes cleared, all my hope on that was dashed, I cannot claim that my father did not established us all and did not give us his support when he was alive.
     Reality dawn on me. I had no option, than to face my life now,  squarely. It was tough, I have not been standing all the year long, I had always relied on my father. As at now, I am struggling with my finances, my company  is not at it best because I had treated it with levity. It had been tough for me and no father to run to. My mother could not give much support, she was not all buoyant for my demands. Life had not been all top since then. I had to adjust by force, embracing many virtues I had neglect on my way growing, but it seems I had been lost. I have the regret of not embracing opportunities then,  I would have being better for it if I  believe in the future and also believe  that, what you work for is the surest.
     All is not lost,  his good name still open doors, on this I  climb  working like German machine to meet up the standard I life I had before also I want to give my children a sure future just as my father gave me.

Want more, visit
www.wurastories.com.ng
Your sure way to relax.

(1) (Reply)

What Did You Dream About And What Would You Not Do Again / Removed / A Short Poem On Destiny!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.