Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Ambode Should Scrap Land Use Charge Completely – Bode George - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Should Scrap Land Use Charge Completely – Bode George (533 Views)

Bode George: I Wept Hearing Sagay Defending Tinubu On Bullion Vans Allegation / Kola Abiola Right, Tinubu Begged Abacha For Post – Chief Bode George / Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode Should Scrap Land Use Charge Completely – Bode George by nairavsdollars(f): 2:44pm On Apr 01, 2018
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Chief Olabode George, a former Deputy National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has condemned the 50 per cent reduction of the Land Use Charge recently reviewed by the Lagos State Government, asking Governor Akinwunmi Ambode to scrap it completely.

In an interview with DAILY INDEPENDENT at the weekend, George, who said Lagosians are already breaking themselves free from the yoke imposed on them by the All Progressives Congress (APC) said the astronomic increase in the Land Use Charge is an overkill that will inflict more hardships on Lagosians who are already groaning due to the unfavourable policies of the ruling party.

He said while it is true that the governor has done well especially in the areas of infrastructure, he should not punish Lagosians through overtax and bills.

“The people of Lagos are gravitating to now realise that they can’t continue under this yoke of the emperor in Lagos. When Governor Ambode increased Land Use Charge, you can see the reactions of the people”.

“I don’t know Ambode from Adam but I saw what he did in Epe and I said the young man has endeared himself to me. Because I know the old sleepy village of Epe but go there now. He had really transformed the place and the people believed in him and trusted him to allow the government to demolish some houses” .

“Now, economic activities will come there. He is giving them a lifeline. That is what a manager does. That is a politician. I have never met him but I said here is a man that is doing well” .

“But when he now came with the Land Use Charge, I said you are overdriving this management. People are hungry, both rich and poor. If you increase Land Use Charge by 500 percent, the landlords will transfer it to the tenant. So, who will be happy?

“Are you expected as the manager of the people to inflict more hardships and pains on the people or to assuage their pains? My suggestion is that that 50 percent reduction is not enough, he should scrap it completely otherwise it is an impunity in an election year. Absolute impunity! And then when I saw that bill that Alpha Beta will be collecting the charge, I said what! Nobody knows where that will end” he said.

Read more https://independent.ng/ambode-should-scrap-land-use-charge-completely-bode-george/

Read more https://independent.ng/ambode-should-scrap-land-use-charge-completely-bode-george/

Re: Ambode Should Scrap Land Use Charge Completely – Bode George by justmenoni: 3:00pm On Apr 01, 2018
Re: Ambode Should Scrap Land Use Charge Completely – Bode George by uwa1(m): 3:15pm On Apr 01, 2018
Development should be transparent.... Else the people 'll turn their back.... Don't use development as a tool to steal from the poor and give to the rich and powerful...

1 Like

Re: Ambode Should Scrap Land Use Charge Completely – Bode George by nairavsdollars(f): 5:41pm On Apr 01, 2018
truth
uwa1:
Development should be transparent.... Else the people 'll turn their back.... Don't use development as a tool to steal from the poor and give to the rich and powerful...

(1) (Reply)

Journalists Commend Governor Rauf Aregbesola For Providing Functional Education / Sights And Sounds From Omoyele Sowore's Ibadan Town Hall Meeting / Allow Homosexuality In Your Country – Theresa May Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.