Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Can You Define God For Me? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Define God For Me? (353 Views)

As A Christian How Do You Define Dating? / Thank God For Slavery- A Case Of Religion Turning Blacks To Fools / NL Atheists, On What Basis Do You Define Right And Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Define God For Me? by KratosCorp: 3:39pm On Apr 01, 2018
I Think That The Word Tag "God" Does Not Mean A Person Nor The Name Of A Person.

Change My Mind.

Define God For Me.

But please note that I am not asking for His attributes or what He can do. Just a plain ol definition of the word "GOD".

If you're an atheist, please pass. I don't need your opinion.

Thank you.
Re: Can You Define God For Me? by KratosCorp: 3:40pm On Apr 01, 2018
CC: @alBHAGDADI
Re: Can You Define God For Me? by hakeem4(m): 3:47pm On Apr 01, 2018
God is a term used to define the unknown. Eg people could not explain what hurricanes were so they decided to say it was the god of Neptune that causes hurricanes. This is what philosophy calls god of the gaps.
Re: Can You Define God For Me? by KratosCorp: 3:52pm On Apr 01, 2018
I see. So, to you, anything that's unknown is god, right?

hakeem4:
God is a term used to define the unknown. Eg people could not explain what hurricanes were so they decided to say it was the god of Neptune that causes hurricanes. This is what philosophy calls god of the gaps.
Re: Can You Define God For Me? by hakeem4(m): 3:58pm On Apr 01, 2018
KratosCorp:
I see. So, to you, anything that's unknown is god, right?

no, I don’t say it’s god. I’d rather say I don’t understand
Re: Can You Define God For Me? by KratosCorp: 5:47pm On Apr 01, 2018
Alright noted. Want a definition that's based on personal conviction and insight though.

hakeem4:
no, I don’t say it’s god. I’d rather say I don’t understand
Re: Can You Define God For Me? by cooooooks(m): 9:53am On Apr 09, 2018
A non-existent figment of your imagination.
Re: Can You Define God For Me? by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 09, 2018
The Giver of Life And Wealth...

(1) (Reply)

Threads Of Life / Exhortation / Church Discipline - The Stance Of The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.