|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 3,105,701 members, 7,663,542 topics. Date: Friday, 01 December 2023 at 10:13 AM
'we’re Proud Of Killing Him': Christian Convert Who Led Muslims To Christ Killed / Car With Learner Sign Crushes Six Children To Death In Edo / Nigerian Lady Gives Her Life To Christ & Burns Her Wigs, Makeup & Clothes(photos (2) (3) (4)
|Lead Your Children To Christ. by Btruth: 5:34am On Apr 02, 2018|
Lead Your Children To Christ
Monday, 2 April 2018
'Memorise His laws and tell them to your children over and over.' Deuteronomy 6:6-7 CEV
It’s not easy being a Christian parent in a world where peer pressure feels as if it’s crushing down on you like a million tonnes of bricks; where values are at an all-time low and immorality at an all-time high. But with God’s help you can do it! To lead your children to Christ, do these five things:
(1) Begin when they’re young, and read Bible stories to them each night. Let them hear you pray for them to know Jesus personally, constantly thanking Him for dying for their sins.
(2) As you take them to church, explain what the various actions and seasons (Baptism, the Lord’s Supper, Easter, and Christmas) represent, and why they’re observed and celebrated.
(3) Be sensitive to every spiritual question they ask, and take the time to answer their questions in a way they can understand.
(4) Buy them Christian DVDs and cartoons that will present Bible truths on their level.
(5) Trust the Holy Spirit to give you wisdom at the right time to present the Gospel to them, and pray for their salvation continuously.
On one occasion Evangelist DL Moody reported ‘two and one-half conversions’ at a service he conducted. Someone said, ‘I suppose you mean two adults and one child.’ ‘No,’ Mr Moody replied. ‘I mean two children and one adult. The children can give their whole lives to God, but an adult has only half a life left to give.’ And remember, the things we learn best are the things we hear most. So: ‘Memorise His laws and tell them to your children over and over.’
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24