Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,238 members, 7,815,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

'we’re Proud Of Killing Him': Christian Convert Who Led Muslims To Christ Killed - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 'we’re Proud Of Killing Him': Christian Convert Who Led Muslims To Christ Killed (559 Views)

What Did You Accomplish This Year That You Are Proud Of? / Giraffe Headbutts And Sent A Film-maker Flying 16ft Through The Air ,killing Him / Niyat (intention Or Invocation )of Killing Eid Kabir Ram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'we’re Proud Of Killing Him': Christian Convert Who Led Muslims To Christ Killed by Rightmania: 12:01pm On Jul 10, 2022
'We’re proud of killing him': Christian convert who led Muslims to Christ killed in Eastern Uganda

NAIROBI, Kenya — Three men reviling a convert to Christianity for leading Muslims to Christ in eastern Uganda killed him on Sunday, a witness said.

Simolya Latifu of Molu village, Kasasira Sub-County, Kibuku District was slain with a sword at about 7:15 p.m. at a swamp near Molu, the witness said. Latifu was 47.

Latifu had left an evening service at Christ Discipleship Worship Center in Molu at about 6:30 p.m., and three witnesses saw a motorcycle and then heard wailing and calls for help at a nearby swamp at 7:15 p.m., one said.

“The killers were condemning him for converting Muslims to Christianity,” the witness told Morning Star News. “We hid ourselves in a thick bush.”

The witnesses were able to recognize the alleged assailants as Ali Buyinza, Muhammad Kamunyani and Jamada Walyomba, he said.

“We saw Buyinza cut him on the head with a sword, and thereafter they left,” said the witness, unidentified for security reasons. “We remained there for about 30 minutes, and then we took courage and slowly went to see the slain man and discovered that he worshiped with us at Christ Discipleship Worship Center.”

They informed church Pastor Emmanuel Muzei and filed a report with police at about midnight, he said. Officers and area residents went to the area early Monday morning and confirmed that the body was that of Latifu.

“Angry Christian residents from Molu village flooded to Molu village swamp to mourn the death of their beloved convert from Islam who had been going from one church to another testifying about how he converted to Christianity,” Pastor Muzei said. “His testimony was an encouragement to many Christians in my church and led many to Christ. We have lost a dynamic evangelist.”

Police arrested Buyinza, taking him to Kibuku police station amid tight security as residents sought to kill him, Pastor Muzei said. Buyinza told police, “We warned him to come back to our religion and gave him several opportunities, but he turned a deaf ear — we’re proud of killing him,” a source said.

Officers were still hunting for the other two suspects. On Tuesday, angry Christians from eight villages set the homes of suspects Buyinza, Kamunyani and Walyomba on fire, area sources said.

Latifu is survived by his wife and five children.

He converted to Christianity in June 2019 and then fled opposition to Lira District after leading several Muslims to Christ. Believing Muslim extremists had given up looking for him, Latifu had returned to Kibuku District in February, Pastor Muzei said.

Area Chairperson John Emuga of the Anglican Church of Uganda in Molu said he grieved after seeing Latifu’s body.

“We request residents to support the family of the late Latifu, and that all the assailants be brought to book,” Emuga said.

The attack was the latest of many instances of persecution of Christians in Uganda that Morning Star News has documented.

Uganda’s constitution and other laws provide for religious freedom, including the right to propagate one’s faith and convert from one faith to another. Muslims make up no more than 12% of Uganda’s population, with high concentrations in eastern areas of the country.

https://www.christianpost.com/amp/christian-convert-who-led-muslims-to-christ-killed-in-uganda.html

Re: 'we’re Proud Of Killing Him': Christian Convert Who Led Muslims To Christ Killed by Dreal1247: 12:04pm On Jul 10, 2022
The blood thirsty religion will soon be wiped off the face of the earth.
Re: 'we’re Proud Of Killing Him': Christian Convert Who Led Muslims To Christ Killed by Jeon(f): 12:04pm On Jul 10, 2022
This Religion wahala self is getting worse..
It's not a most to be Christian or Muslim..

2 Likes

Re: 'we’re Proud Of Killing Him': Christian Convert Who Led Muslims To Christ Killed by ObaOfYorubaLand: 12:09pm On Jul 10, 2022
More to come when you vote Tinubu APC Muslim Muslim candidates.
Re: 'we’re Proud Of Killing Him': Christian Convert Who Led Muslims To Christ Killed by backnbeta(f): 12:11pm On Jul 10, 2022
Jeon:
This Religion wahala self is getting worse..

It's not a most to be Christian or Muslim..
Call a spade a spade ma...Islam wahala is getting worse, not just religion undecided
Re: 'we’re Proud Of Killing Him': Christian Convert Who Led Muslims To Christ Killed by Jeon(f): 12:15pm On Jul 10, 2022
backnbeta:

Call a spade a spade ma...Islam wahala is getting worse, not just religion undecided

Don't judge the religion, judge the the person[s].

Cuz I also experience that day-before yesterday.

A foolish man was telling me that "do you think a useless Christian will come to seek for ur hand in marriage" and this lead to a physical fight between me and him.

And I'm a Muslim.

3 Likes

Re: 'we’re Proud Of Killing Him': Christian Convert Who Led Muslims To Christ Killed by TiredHuman: 1:36pm On Jul 10, 2022
And they are proud of killing him
Re: 'we’re Proud Of Killing Him': Christian Convert Who Led Muslims To Christ Killed by Dorwadora(f): 12:49am On Jul 11, 2022
Jeon:

A foolish man was telling me that "do you think a useless Christian will come to seek for ur hand in marriage" and this lead to a physical fight between me and him.

And I'm a Muslim.
Tell me Jeon,

From your comments, I've always thought you to be an atheist or something like that. Never knew you are a Muslim. So tell me, can you marry a Christian?....

I'm sorry if the question sounds rude but I'm just wondering. By the way you know I'm not religious.
Re: 'we’re Proud Of Killing Him': Christian Convert Who Led Muslims To Christ Killed by GeorgeNora: 4:18am On Jul 11, 2022
Jeon:

And I'm a Muslim.
all these while i thought you're an atheist
Re: 'we’re Proud Of Killing Him': Christian Convert Who Led Muslims To Christ Killed by Jeon(f): 6:40am On Jul 11, 2022
GeorgeNora:
all these while i thought you're an atheist

lolz..

grin

2 Likes

Re: 'we’re Proud Of Killing Him': Christian Convert Who Led Muslims To Christ Killed by Jeon(f): 6:47am On Jul 11, 2022
good morning

Dorwadora:
Tell me Jeon,

From your comments, I've always thought you to be an atheist or something like that. Never knew you are a Muslim.
gringringringrin
So tell me, can you marry a Christian?....
Yes, of course.

I'm sorry if the question sounds rude but I'm just wondering. By the way you know I'm not religious.

No p wink

I too don't follow the religion of a thing.
Like I always say IT IS JUST A NAME.

2 Likes

Re: 'we’re Proud Of Killing Him': Christian Convert Who Led Muslims To Christ Killed by Dorwadora(f): 7:25am On Jul 11, 2022
Jeon:
good morning

gringringringrin

Yes, of course.

No p wink

I too don't follow the religion of a thing.
Like I always say IT IS JUST A NAME.
Cool..... Very cool
Re: 'we’re Proud Of Killing Him': Christian Convert Who Led Muslims To Christ Killed by GeorgeNora: 9:22am On Jul 11, 2022
Jeon:

lolz..
grin
so why did you finally decide to put up your picture? i thought you preferred being anonymous on this platform
Re: 'we’re Proud Of Killing Him': Christian Convert Who Led Muslims To Christ Killed by Jeon(f): 10:00am On Jul 11, 2022
GeorgeNora:
so why did you finally decide to put up your picture?
i thought you preferred being anonymous on this platform

I post my pic at anytime.
I'm not.

2 Likes

Re: 'we’re Proud Of Killing Him': Christian Convert Who Led Muslims To Christ Killed by GeorgeNora: 10:04am On Jul 11, 2022
Jeon:

I post my pic at anytime. I'm not.
you're average though. Not too fine and not ugly as I once thought
Re: 'we’re Proud Of Killing Him': Christian Convert Who Led Muslims To Christ Killed by Jeon(f): 10:16am On Jul 11, 2022
GeorgeNora:
you're average though. Not too fine and not ugly as I once thought
Then none of my business... As beauty is subjective.

2 Likes

Re: 'we’re Proud Of Killing Him': Christian Convert Who Led Muslims To Christ Killed by GeorgeNora: 10:36am On Jul 11, 2022
Jeon:

Then none of my business... As beauty is subjective.
why did you take it down?
embarassed
Re: 'we’re Proud Of Killing Him': Christian Convert Who Led Muslims To Christ Killed by Jeon(f): 12:37pm On Jul 11, 2022
GeorgeNora:
why did you take it down? embarassed
Because I'm fugly troll.
I know this is my regular troll hiding behind another account.

2 Likes

Re: 'we’re Proud Of Killing Him': Christian Convert Who Led Muslims To Christ Killed by GeorgeNora: 1:25pm On Jul 11, 2022
Jeon:

Because I'm fugly troll.

I know this is my regular troll hiding behind another account.
you sef just because I said you're average you don dey vex.
i thought you and Satanist finally settled for peace?
why are you still scared
Re: 'we’re Proud Of Killing Him': Christian Convert Who Led Muslims To Christ Killed by Jeon(f): 3:08pm On Jul 11, 2022
GeorgeNora:
you sef just because I said you're average you don dey vex.
i thought you and Sata.nist finally settled for peace?
why are you still scared

yeah, I'm really fugly.
And that picture you're talking about is not mine. It belongs to k actor.

ecco la foto.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Spousal Visa Application Interview: Who Can Book This? / What Do Islam And Mainline Christianity Have In Common? / Nigeria Crashes Out Of Microsoft Software Design Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.