Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,518 members, 7,847,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:37 AM

Why 90% Business Startup Fail - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why 90% Business Startup Fail (486 Views)

Checkout 8 Reasons Why 90% Of Nigerians Fail In Online Business (A Must Read) / 8 Reasons Why 90% Of Nigerians Fail In Online Business / How To Earn Alot With Little Capital ..small Scale Business Startup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why 90% Business Startup Fail by jumas(m): 6:42am On Apr 02, 2018
With the wealth of ideas coming from so many thoughtful minds, one can't believe with the dynamism of those revolutionary ideas which can change someone's static state is almost unrealistic. One needs to realized making progress in life is deliberate. You must learn how to click the right button and understand how process works.
You must have a consciousness that time is mutually dependent to the process. To make a meaningful progress you most consolidated those hypothesis with time and process as it undergoes its metamorphosis.
You must come to realization that what is OK by you may not be OK by many. This implies that applying your time and process may not be suitable for many.
Therefore by the fundamental law of equivalence relation the correlation is negative which is directly proportional to failure.

I'm determined not to work for government. Lower your standards and make a leaving for your self.
I dumped my Msc certificate 2years ago To start from scratch, now I have seven workers.
My friends it's not luck is hard work and determination.
I pray you will have the faith to conquer your fears

1 Like

Re: Why 90% Business Startup Fail by ameri9ja: 6:44am On Apr 02, 2018
Where did u get your masters? Do they teach English grammar there?
90% huh?
69.3% of statistics are made up on the spot.
Re: Why 90% Business Startup Fail by Olalekank(m): 7:08am On Apr 02, 2018
ameri9ja:
Where did u get your masters? Do they teach English grammar there?
90% huh?
69.3% of statistics are made up on the spot.
I shame for nairaland. Where they are meant to correct, they won't correct. When someone drops fact, they would start correcting the grammar.

Yes, he's correct, 90% of startup fails "especially for those that think they know everything".
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/neilpatel/2015/01/16/90-of-startups-will-fail-heres-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-10/amp/

1 Like

Re: Why 90% Business Startup Fail by ameri9ja: 7:17am On Apr 02, 2018
Olalekank:

I shame for nairaland. Where they are meant to correct, they won't correct. When someone drops fact, they would start correcting the grammar.

Yes, he's correct, 90% of startup fails "especially for those that think they know everything".
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/neilpatel/2015/01/16/90-of-startups-will-fail-heres-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-10/amp/

Good info u got there. Wehdon.
But...

Conventional Wisdom Says 90% of Startups Fail. Data Says Otherwise.

I recently found myself carelessly repeating a statistic that I’d heard dozens of times in private conversations and on public stages: “Nine out of 10 startups fail.” The problem? It’s not true. Cambridge Associates, a global investment firm based in Boston, tracked the performance of venture investments in 27,259 startups between 1990 and 2010. Its research reveals that the real percentage of venture-backed startups that fail—as defined by companies that provide a 1X return or less to investors—has not risen above 60% since 2001. Even amid the dotcom bust of 2000, the failure rate topped out at 79%.
Re: Why 90% Business Startup Fail by Olalekank(m): 8:24am On Apr 02, 2018
ameri9ja:

Good info u got there. Wehdon.
But...

Conventional Wisdom Says 90% of Startups Fail. Data Says Otherwise.

I recently found myself carelessly repeating a statistic that I’d heard dozens of times in private conversations and on public stages: “Nine out of 10 startups fail.” The problem? It’s not true. Cambridge Associates, a global investment firm based in Boston, tracked the performance of venture investments in 27,259 startups between 1990 and 2010. Its research reveals that the real percentage of venture-backed startups that fail—as defined by companies that provide a 1X return or less to investors—has not risen above 60% since 2001. Even amid the dotcom bust of 2000, the failure rate topped out at 79%.
Great research you got there. At least I've learnt something. Not everything you see on the internet is correct.

Please kindly send a link to backup your claim lemme try and read up.
Re: Why 90% Business Startup Fail by jumas(m): 12:06pm On Apr 02, 2018
God help us

(1) (Reply)

Socaldumpster:best Dumpster Rental Services / Where To Buy Italian Gold In Nigeria / Workshop On Fundamentals Of Project Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.