Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,450 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Many Burnt To Death In Terrible Accident Along Etobe/ajaokuta Road,kogi(graphic) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Many Burnt To Death In Terrible Accident Along Etobe/ajaokuta Road,kogi(graphic) (27386 Views)

Bus Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Highway, Many Burnt To Death / Tanker Explosion In Lagos, Many Burnt To Death (Photo) / Many Burnt Beyond Recognition In A Terrible Accident In Kogi(graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many Burnt To Death In Terrible Accident Along Etobe/ajaokuta Road,kogi(graphic) by almakiyyun(m): 2:35pm On Apr 02, 2018
I was at the scene of the accident yesterday around 5:30pm. After Itobe.
It all started when a Camry driver on top speed overtook a car and his tyre burst , he lost control and rammed into an incoming 18 seater bus. Both vehicle caught fire. The Camry driver lost his life immediately.
The bus was fully loaded with hausas from Bauchi according to one of the survivors.
About six survivors was lying down helplessly as effort to reach road safety proved abortive.
It was a horrible experience as we watched people burning live.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Burnt To Death In Terrible Accident Along Etobe/ajaokuta Road,kogi(graphic) by Ofemmanu1: 2:36pm On Apr 02, 2018
BishopMagic:
With out a doubt, Kogi remains the worst state in Nigeria.

Nothing good ever came out of that coven of a state

That's a biased opinion sir.
Kogi is where I'm making money..

2 Likes

Re: Many Burnt To Death In Terrible Accident Along Etobe/ajaokuta Road,kogi(graphic) by BishopMagic: 2:41pm On Apr 02, 2018
Ofemmanu1:

That's a biased opinion sir.
Kogi is where I'm making money..

cashew nuts?
Re: Many Burnt To Death In Terrible Accident Along Etobe/ajaokuta Road,kogi(graphic) by Ofemmanu1: 2:45pm On Apr 02, 2018
BishopMagic:

cashew nuts?
Nah..
I'ma senior staff of Dangote Cement Company.

2 Likes

Re: Many Burnt To Death In Terrible Accident Along Etobe/ajaokuta Road,kogi(graphic) by B2mario(m): 2:45pm On Apr 02, 2018
BishopMagic:

what concerns this accident with kogi being the worst state?

1 Like

Re: Many Burnt To Death In Terrible Accident Along Etobe/ajaokuta Road,kogi(graphic) by almakiyyun(m): 3:09pm On Apr 02, 2018
I was there at about 5:30pm. A Camry driver on top speed got rammed into an incoming 18 seater bus fully loaded with passengers from Bauchi.
Both vehicles caught fire as the Camry driver died instantly.
It was a horrible scene as we watched people burning in flames mercilessly. All efforts to reach road safety staff proved abortive as the survivors lied down in pain without hope of getting help.
The tyre of the Camry driver bursted as he overtook a car on top speed making him to lose control and rammed into an incoming bus.
Re: Many Burnt To Death In Terrible Accident Along Etobe/ajaokuta Road,kogi(graphic) by ibro2much(m): 3:11pm On Apr 02, 2018
RIP to the departed soul.
But on a serious note,drivers needs more education about the dangers of night driving (expecially in a country like ours where emergency response is non-existing).
Also the issue of overspending and not abiding to the rules and regulations laid out for safe driving is another major cause of this kind of deadly accidents.
Many of our commercial drivers and private alike depends on intoxicants (paraga,alomo,weed etc) to stimulate them before embarking on journeys.
Furthermore,stress also plays a major part in such fatal accident,these drivers are ready to go for as many as possible trips in a day without rest,reason why they dose off while driving.

Solution is if you notice the driver of the vehicle you are in is dozing off,smells of alcohol,unruly or drives dangerously,please and please go down from such vehicle to avoid story that touch.

2 Likes

Re: Many Burnt To Death In Terrible Accident Along Etobe/ajaokuta Road,kogi(graphic) by taurusdude0(m): 3:27pm On Apr 02, 2018
No info,not even a tiny bit who would recognize charred people,at least the type of vehicle and plate number should go a long way.mr OP
Re: Many Burnt To Death In Terrible Accident Along Etobe/ajaokuta Road,kogi(graphic) by Jetland(m): 3:28pm On Apr 02, 2018
BishopMagic:

When are you going to stop from being A daft? Must you present yourself as a freaking jerk in an incidence that took place which claimed the lives of many?

From where did you get your statistics before rating Kogi state the worst state in Nigeria? Saying there is noting good that will ever come from Kogi state, what good has ever come from Nigeria as a whole? It's obvious that Kogi state has been making headlines for crazy stuff, but that doesn't it mean your state is in any exceptions. The earlier you know that Nigeria as whole is messed up, the better you will understand the fact your state is not in anyway better.

Well, you might say this guy is "pained" if that is what you think, you are right, but I'm not "pained" because it's my state, I'm "pained" because you're gullible. You passed through education, but education never passed through, that's one the problems we are still dinning with in this country. Young boy, get yourself busy with something meaningful, or you can take the bicycle I parked under the tree and start having fun with it.

Please in case this doesn't go down well with you, you can hug any nearby transformer.
Re: Many Burnt To Death In Terrible Accident Along Etobe/ajaokuta Road,kogi(graphic) by majamajic(m): 3:32pm On Apr 02, 2018
almakiyyun:
I was there at about 5:30pm. A Camry driver on top speed got rammed into an incoming 18 seater bus fully loaded with passengers from Bauchi.
Both vehicles caught fire as the Camry driver died instantly.
It was a horrible scene as we watched people burning in flames mercilessly. All efforts to reach road safety staff proved abortive as the survivors lied down in pain without hope of getting help.
The tyre of the Camry driver bursted as he overtook a car on top speed making him to lose control and rammed into an incoming bus.

thanks for the info, pls are u aware of where the bus is travelling to?
Re: Many Burnt To Death In Terrible Accident Along Etobe/ajaokuta Road,kogi(graphic) by mechanics(m): 3:51pm On Apr 02, 2018
May their bodies rest in peace.
Re: Many Burnt To Death In Terrible Accident Along Etobe/ajaokuta Road,kogi(graphic) by koxyz: 3:58pm On Apr 02, 2018
It was God that save us on this same road around February, on our way to Ankpa.The Fulani millitia dug a big part of the road and our vehicle ran into it,we almost lost our lives

We had to call Lagos and they called Ajaokuta police on our behalf that was how were rescued.The incident happened around 10:30pm and we slept at Ajaokuta Police Barracks, where we're told that so many people have been kidnapped around that area and ransome were paid to effect their release

1 Like

Re: Many Burnt To Death In Terrible Accident Along Etobe/ajaokuta Road,kogi(graphic) by captainking(m): 4:25pm On Apr 02, 2018
Donpresh95:
RIP. Some of this drivers are very stupid just like the idiot carrying us yesterday, He was feeling sleepy while driving . I challenge him scolding him but the idiot brought out koboko to wipe me still on steering,I kukuma told him to stop the sienna that I want to drop,when he stopped,I made it clear that am an Igbo along side with my Igbo brothers,we dealt with the idiot and he never spoke nor sleep till we reach our destination.

WE PASSENGERS SHOULD ALWAYS CHALLENGE THESE STUPID OVER SPEEDING DRIVERS
I wish I was in this your bus.. I would have beaten the driver blue black.. Same has happened to me before... Boarded a bus from east to lag and driver was busy sleeping while driving. I was at the back and I spotted him nodding his head doozing.. I had to scream to the guy at the front to slap the driver.. I deal with stupid drivers..

1 Like

Re: Many Burnt To Death In Terrible Accident Along Etobe/ajaokuta Road,kogi(graphic) by XomzY(m): 5:16pm On Apr 02, 2018
Hw do we locate der pple naw... dem diz ones burn to ashes naw RIP to dem
Re: Many Burnt To Death In Terrible Accident Along Etobe/ajaokuta Road,kogi(graphic) by seunlayi(m): 5:33pm On Apr 02, 2018
Fuckgodndjesus:
Nothing wrong with that probably their god thought it was time they joined him it's actually a blessing in disguise.
guy, you may soon join him before the next snake thread hit the FP.
Re: Many Burnt To Death In Terrible Accident Along Etobe/ajaokuta Road,kogi(graphic) by Shigabs(m): 6:41pm On Apr 02, 2018
Donpresh95:
RIP. Some of this drivers are very stupid just like the idiot carrying us yesterday, He was feeling sleepy while driving . I challenge him scolding him but the idiot brought out koboko to wipe me still on steering,I kukuma told him to stop the sienna that I want to drop,when he stopped,I made it clear that am an Igbo along side with my Igbo brothers,we dealt with the idiot and he never spoke nor sleep till we reach our destination.

You are very correct, most times our not saying anything make us fall victims. But that won't be our portion ijn.
Re: Many Burnt To Death In Terrible Accident Along Etobe/ajaokuta Road,kogi(graphic) by Britishcoins(m): 9:03pm On Apr 02, 2018
Donpresh95:

I know you are lying but continue... Inugo
Re: Many Burnt To Death In Terrible Accident Along Etobe/ajaokuta Road,kogi(graphic) by almakiyyun(m): 9:34pm On Apr 08, 2018
[quote author=majamajic post=66370548]

thanks for the info, pls are u aware of where the bus is travelling to? [no, I don't know where they were heading to]
Re: Many Burnt To Death In Terrible Accident Along Etobe/ajaokuta Road,kogi(graphic) by babadigu(m): 4:11am On Mar 07, 2021
Rip to the victims
Re: Many Burnt To Death In Terrible Accident Along Etobe/ajaokuta Road,kogi(graphic) by Goodman247: 11:23pm On Mar 07, 2021
The average Nigerian driver is very reckless

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Bans Trucks, Trailers On Roads In Day Time / Young Man Swept Away By Raging Flood After Heavy Rainfall In Kano. Photos / Wounded Lady Thankful After Surviving Ghastly Accident While Travelling. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.