Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,676 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed (8512 Views)

Sunday Igboho Ready To Fight Against The Fulani Herdsmen If Supported By Yorubas / Is This A Curse To Yorubas, But Why? - Balaraba Musa / Lagos Belongs To Yorubas But Come Out And Vote Tomorrow, IPOB Tell Igbos In Lag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 03, 2018
yemaldo:

It will never get back, thanks to social media

It will never get back thanks to Nairaland.

I opened this moniker resolving not to engage in any bashing and be civil. Well, you can judge how well that went yourself.

Nigeria really has no business being one entity, and before any mod bans me, that's my freaking opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by CSTR1002: 9:06am On Apr 03, 2018
Westbestside:
The best decision by awolowo. May God bless his soul.

Awolowo's tribalism did not stop zik from being greater than him.

3 Likes

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by GavelSlam: 10:23am On Apr 03, 2018
CSTR1002:

In uniben, only bini can be sug

Will you stop lying.

There is an Okogwu Frances Ifeoma that's the VP of the SUG.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by CSTR1002: 10:26am On Apr 03, 2018
GavelSlam:

Will you stop lying.

There is an Okogwu Frances Ifeoma that's the VP of the SUG.
Sug president.
Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by Baroba(m): 10:38am On Apr 03, 2018
Former governor of Enugu state Chimaroke Nnamani's special adviser was a Yoruba man, Festus Adebayo.. I don't even know why am writing on this thread sef..
Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by Delivar(m): 10:38am On Apr 03, 2018
Corrinthians:
They never have, they never will. Bunch of ungrateful people always claiming victims. angry
Onijagidijagan:

They're all 100% parasitic. d only thing u benefit from dem na dia olosho girls in brothels, fairly used clothes some are selling and drugs.
But honestly there are few Yorubas in Igbo land compared to the numbers of Igbos in Yoruba land. So how do you expect Yorubas to benefit anything from Igbos when their presence in Igbo land is not significant enough?

1 Like

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by GavelSlam: 10:40am On Apr 03, 2018
CSTR1002:

Sug president.

But why are you people like this?

You've just shifted to president.

5 Likes

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 03, 2018
Delivar:

But honestly there are few Yorubas in Igbo land compared to the numbers of Igbos in Yoruba land. So how do you expect Yorubas to benefit anything from Igbos when their presence in Igbo land is not significant enough?
Igbo people chased the Yoruba people out of their region during Biafra, they will constantly remind you that you're a visitor in their land.

They train their children to hates the Yoruba people.

They hates the Yoruba people even though when we show them love.
How do u expect Yoruba population to be much in such an hostile region.

12 Likes

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by CSTR1002: 10:50am On Apr 03, 2018
GavelSlam:

But why are you people like this?

You've just shifted to president.
If you were careful to read the next post after that initial post, you would see where i made the correction almost immediately. .

But ofcourse, your bigotry got the better of you.
Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by GavelSlam: 10:52am On Apr 03, 2018
CSTR1002:

If you were careful to read the next post after that initial post, you would see where i made the correction almost immediately. .

But ofcourse, your bigotry got the better of you.

Will you stop lying.

I wrote my statement well after you had written yours but being the liar you are you must edit to prove yourself silly.
Shameless supporter of iniquity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by CSTR1002: 10:53am On Apr 03, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

Igbo people chased the Yoruba people out of their region during Biafra, they will constantly remind you that you're a visitor in their land.

And yet your people carry their two left legs to marry from Igboland on a regular basis.

They should have used cane to flog your Coneheads back to oshogbo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 03, 2018
CSTR1002:

And yet your people carry their two left legs to marry from Igboland on a regular basis.

They should have used cane to flog your Coneheads back to oshogbo.
See how pained you are, the Igbo we married are mostly d one born and raised in Yoruba lands and have assimilated Yoruba's culture not mediocrities up east.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by caprini1: 10:57am On Apr 03, 2018
blazhykowskyi:
I'm still waiting to hear any good thing an igbo man has ever done for a Yoruba man.

It's always Yoruba doing something for them, yet they are ungrateful. Well, the new generation is now alert.
No don't say that....in the little way we can ,we put in our shifts....our bq,s in my home town in Anambra has been free for every corper that serves in my town,and is from the west.This has been on for close to 30yrs.My aunty that takes care of the house provides free food as well. This is my late dad,s way of appreciating the free education his children and most of his sales boys enjoyed in Lagos.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by CSTR1002: 10:57am On Apr 03, 2018
GavelSlam:

Will you stop lying.

I wrote my statement well after you had written yours but being the liar you are you must edit to prove yourself silly.
Shameless supporter of iniquity.
My God.

You are deranged.

On the first page at 7:56 am, I wrote two comments twice.

The first one didn't carry the full statement I intended so I had to write another almost immediately at the same time.

Who the hell do you think you are that I will edit my post to suit you.

Are you going to beat me?

1 Like

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by CSTR1002: 11:02am On Apr 03, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

See how pained, the Igbo will marry are mostly d one born and raised in Yoruba and have assimilated Yoruba's culture not mediocrities up east.
Assimiliated Yoruba culture?

You must think that is peculiar to yorubasland

The igbos in the SS have assimilated south -south culture, the ones in the north have assimilated northern culture.
That is why they are able to buy off your lands and expand.

It doesn't stop them from being igbo, or stop them from building their beautiful edifices in the East.
When December comes, these same igbos will go back home to celebrate with their kinsmen.

2 Likes

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 03, 2018
CSTR1002:

without Awolowo and Yoruba ZIK will be nobody.

ZIK lived in Yoruba land and speak Yoruba fluently..to the extent no Igbo person would have thought he is Igbo.

ZIK was d first betrayal, he supported d northerners and opposed the southerners..this created the enmity btw the duo Awolowo and ZIK

Besides Nnmadi Azikuwe is never greater than Awolowo.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 03, 2018
CSTR1002:

Assimiliated Yoruba culture?

You must think that is peculiar to yorubasland

The igbos in the SS have assimilated south -south culture, the ones in the north have assimilated northern culture.
That is why they are able to buy off your lands and expand.

It doesn't stop them from being igbo, or stop them from building their beautiful edifices in the East.
When December comes, these same igbos will go back home to celebrate with their kinsmen.
When you have assimilated a culture, it becomes your spiritual being.
This makes them partly Yoruba and Igbo.

Igbo born and raised in Yoruba lands are way more intellectual than d ones up east.
Igbo cannot succeed without south west.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by PDJT: 11:28am On Apr 03, 2018
blazhykowskyi:
I'm still waiting to hear any good thing an igbo man has ever done for a Yoruba man.

It's always Yoruba doing something for them, yet they are ungrateful. Well, the new generation is now alert.

-See Awolowo..see Calabar prison...see Ojukwu.

-Meanwhile, electing a decent candidate to help develop your society is more of a help to the local community than the actual candidate.

-I have my personal experiences, including (just this Easter) helping grown Yoruba man with clothes and some for his new born twins, paying rents for same family. Go to ekporo Ekiti and see community projects done by Igbo man for that community. Ndi’igbo have always shown generosity anywhere they are or reside, but my personal negative experience in Ifon, Ose LGA, Ondo State decades ago from your fellow Yoruba people is a case for another day.

1 Like

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by PDJT: 11:37am On Apr 03, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

Igbo born and raised in Yoruba lands are way more intellectual than d ones up east.
.Igbo cannot succeed without west

-But your parents and uncles fought 30-months long war to have Igbos from everywhere to stay with them in Shithole Nigeria. Young man you’re deluded. Nigerians are certainly the ones that can’t survive a day without Ndi’igbo. #Fact. Hence, the phobia for the sound of Biafra.
Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by CSTR1002: 11:43am On Apr 03, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

.Igbo cannot succeed without west
My friend, shut up.
no be only spiritual being, na terrestrial being. grin

Making assumptions like a drunkard.

They are yorubas and yet your people accuse them of being bigoted against Yoruba people.

2 Likes

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by PDJT: 11:45am On Apr 03, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

-Yet, Yoruba men both young and old are following Igbo women like flies. And your women can only wish... grin
Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by Francis5: 12:41pm On Apr 03, 2018
KosiGee:

You guys don’t have to be rude to each other. I have to admit that I’m embarrassed that such practice exist in Enugu state.

That was 50 years ago and it was a democracy. Much like Nwodo contesting and winning SUG presidency in Ibadan. Much like the Igbo HoA member in Lagos.
Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by Westbestside: 12:44pm On Apr 03, 2018
CSTR1002:

In your mind. In the mind of Nigerians. awolowo is greater than azikwe. List azikwe's achievements?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by CSTR1002: 12:50pm On Apr 03, 2018
Westbestside:
In your mind. In the mind of Nigerians. awolowo is greater than azikwe. List azikwe's achievements?
Zik has two federal institutions named after him.

One airport in Abuja, One university in anambra.

Awolowo only has one named to him in osun.

Zik died after being president and got state burial, while awolowo died as a traitor to Nigeria .

The difference is clear. Only a deluded Yoruba man will place awolowo above zik.
Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by Francis5: 12:51pm On Apr 03, 2018
Westbestside:
The aboki that the igbo men were shouting God forbid for just cos he wanted to contest for chairman says it all.

The man said clearly that things have changed now. Meaning he could not be UI SUG now. Did you watch the video?
Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by Westbestside: 12:51pm On Apr 03, 2018
PDJT:

-But your parents and uncles fought 30-months long war to have Igbos from everywhere to stay with them in Shithole Nigeria. Young man you’re deluded. Nigerians are certainly the ones that can’t survive a day without Ndi’igbo. #Fact. Hence, the phobia for the sound of Biafra.
Stale.

2 Likes

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by Westbestside: 1:09pm On Apr 03, 2018
CSTR1002:

Zik has two federal institutions named after him.

One airport in Abuja, One university in anambra.

Awolowo only has one named to him in osun.

Zik died after being president and got state burial, while awolowo died as a traitor to Nigeria .

The difference is clear. Only a deluded Yoruba man will place awolowo above zik.
grin See brain of a typical igbo man, naming things after someone equate achievement hehehehehe. He even said two universities named after azikwe grin, after the one in anambra, which one again o. Awolowo was never a president, yet, he did many great things grin

A man that was never a president achieved all these below.

[b]1.) He named Nigeria’s national currency as ‘Naira’ when he was the Federal Commissioner for Finance. The late sage took the name of Nigeria and collapsed it as ‘Naira’

2.) Awolowo introduced free primary education for all and free health care for children in the Western Region.

3. )He established the first television station in Africa in 1959.

4. )He also erected the first skyscraper in tropical Africa:the Cocoa House (still the tallest in Ibadan).

5.) Awo as fondly called was conferred by President Shehu Shagari with the title of the Grand Commander of the Federal Republic (GCFR), the first and only non-president to be so honoured in recognition of his sterling qualities and contributions to the service of the country.

6.) He was the first individual in the modern era to be named Leader of the Yorubas (Yoruba: Asiwaju Omo Oodua), a title which has come over time to be conventionally ascribed to his successors as the recognized political leader of the Yoruba peoples of Nigeria.

7.) The man widely believed by admirers to be the best President Nigeria never had was the first Leader of Government Business and Minister of Local Government and Finance and first Premier of the Western Region under Nigeria’s parliamentary system, from 1952 to 1959.

8.) In 1949 he founded the Nigerian Tribune, the oldest surviving private Nigerian newspaper, which he used to spread nationalist consciousness among his fellow Nigerians.

9.) The party he founded, Action Group was the first to move the motion for Nigeria’s independence in the federal parliament and he obtained internal self-government for the Western Region in 1957.[/b]

We are asking for azikwe's achievements, this one is giving airport and school named after him. I don't need to mention how many things named after awoo. His achievements are all I need to make people know. He said he was not given a state burial, typical igbo brain. Even awolowo's wife was given a state burial. Name azikwe's achievements. Only foolish and lazy thinking igboman will put azikwe above awolowo.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by PDJT: 1:57pm On Apr 03, 2018
Westbestside:
Stale.

Truth hurt. Innit?
Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by Westbestside: 2:50pm On Apr 03, 2018
PDJT:

Truth hurt. Innit?
Ask your women why they like our dicks and stop lamenting.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 03, 2018
yemaldo:

Social media didn't cause the problem in the first place so why blame it.
Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by CodeTemplar: 3:38pm On Apr 03, 2018
yemaldo:

Social media also caused civil war? Federal character?
Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by noah91(m): 3:44pm On Apr 03, 2018
Francis5:

The man said clearly that things have changed now. Meaning he could not be UI SUG now. Did you watch the video?
Edosa from Edo state was the SUG president of UI in 2011/2012 session while Chidinma was VP in 2012/2013. Yorubas voted her against a Yoruba candidate. To be frank, Yorubas are less tribalistic and more liberal than the Igbos

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nnamani Urges Electorates To Vote For Ugwuanyi,others / PVC Racketeering: INEC Vows To Punish Culprits / Remi Tinubu Is Actually The President Of This Country And Not Bola Ahmed (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.