Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,825 members, 7,956,120 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:26 AM

"Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook (21876 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Shares Photos Of The Cars His Wife And Himself Use / TECNO Takes A Jab At Apple In A Cryptic Post (Photo) / Mark Zuckerberg’s Properties, Cars, $400 Grey Shirts (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by Corrinthians(m): 8:09am On Apr 04, 2018
But Zucky is right on this one.

2 Likes

Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by poseidon12: 8:13am On Apr 04, 2018
ultron12345:
look at them, childishness, lack of integrity and bad business ethics. They should learn from our amiable businessmen such as dangote, adenuga, Jim ovia, elumelu e. t. c.

I hope you are just kidding. The Nigerian business environment is the home of bad business ethics and lack of integrity. All those so called 'amiable' businessmen you mentioned are fronts for the military-political leadership. It's almost impossible to be very successful financially in Nigeria without getting involved in very corrupt and dubious deals.

2 Likes

Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 04, 2018
l have absolutely no problem with Facebook ads. They are less frequent and they ads are usually about something i have an interest in.

3 Likes

Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by midastouch: 8:22am On Apr 04, 2018
jeronimo:
Wait till apple gets into their own privacy scandal. It's only the person caught that is called a thief.

Never gonna happen. They do not harvest personal data!!

1 Like

Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by midastouch: 8:27am On Apr 04, 2018
Kingcesar:
Apple is the new blackberry � Apple restricts apps from google and Facebook inc. from stealing your informations..
RIM (blackberry) was shutdown because they refused to grant some apps access to ya info

I think your recollection of history is not accurate. RIM (blackberry) is almost DEAD (just like Nokia) due to technology disruption.

I recall that they had issues with countries like Saudi Arabia, Iran ... even China; that wanted access into the data/communications of their citizens.

RIM did not budge; but their decision did not make them shutdown.

Apple (IOS) and Google (Android) killed Blackberry and Symbian used by (Nokia, Siemens, Sony Ericsson and the rest).
Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by ultron12345: 8:53am On Apr 04, 2018
poseidon12:

I hope you are just kidding. The Nigerian business environment is the home of bad business ethics and lack of integrity. All those so called 'amiable' businessmen you mentioned are fronts for the military-political leadership. It's almost impossible to be very successful financially in Nigeria without getting involved in very corrupt and dubious deals.
and u think Zuckerberg and gates haven't been involved in those deals u call dubious and corrupt. I'll give u an example, a businessman shares money to lawmakers to make laws to favour his business, in Nigeria, it'll b called bribery which is labelled bad, in the U. S. it'll be called lobbying, which isn't bad.
Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by dfrost: 8:53am On Apr 04, 2018
partnerbiz4:
biz is not easy at all...

For you to be a successful businessman, you have to be ruthless. Simple.

1 Like

Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by dfrost: 8:56am On Apr 04, 2018
midastouch:

I think your recollection of history is not accurate. RIM (blackberry) is almost DEAD (just like Nokia) due to technology disruption.
I recall that they had issues with countries like Saudi Arabia, Iran ... even China; that wanted access into the data/communications of their citizens.
RIM did not budge; but their decision did not make them shutdown.
Apple (IOS) and Google (Android) killed Blackberry and Symbian used by (Nokia, Siemens, Sony Ericsson and the rest).

What Kingcesar said and what you said are not far from each other. Google's Android allows you into private data, technology disruption or not. I still prefer Blackberry as a business phone, anyday, anytime.
Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by Nathdoug(m): 9:07am On Apr 04, 2018
Seequadry:
This apple man no get sense at all....
Make Facebook programe there apps so it won't be supported on ios, let's see if u won't cry
if the diss continues..this is what I expect mark to do...apple owner go just cry..

1 Like

Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by ollah2: 9:10am On Apr 04, 2018
midastouch:

Never gonna happen. They do not harvest personal data!!

Lol. Every tech company harvest data.

1 Like

Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by Jethrolite(m): 9:25am On Apr 04, 2018
Kingcesar:

RIM (blackberry) was shutdown because they refused to grant some apps access to ya info
Lie
Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by chigo4u: 9:31am On Apr 04, 2018
Nathdoug:
if the diss continues..this is what I expect mark to do...apple owner go just cry..
People are very funny. If this happens, it's facebook that will lose. Apple is the #1 phone brand in the US and it has nothing to do with Facebook. Do you know about iTunes?
Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by brodalokie: 9:36am On Apr 04, 2018
Apple makes devices that enable the use of Facebook, so if it was apple that has brought this data scandal to light pointing the data privacy rules then it is not bad as it it seems they're doing the right thing. I thought zuckerberg was going to come up with a better strategy to solve this case intelligently, instead he has resulted to playing the politics of blame game as if that would help curb the damage his mistake has done to the current US administration and the people whose privacy he breached for love of money. I am really ashamed of the so called business mogul. Would this stop the class action lawsuits that is going on his neck? No. Would it pay for the damage he has done to the people whose privacy he breached? No. What about the nonstop criticism of President Trim election that has become the hot pot of world radio and social media? I think it would be best for Zuckerberg to just honorably step down as CEO to safe the face of our dear Facebook. I single act will stop all the hullabaloo. Think Zucky, think
Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by Ityoveremo: 9:42am On Apr 04, 2018
Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 04, 2018
The Cambridge analytica scandal isnt entirely facebook's fault, the only shady entity here to blame is CA who has refused to delete the collected Data from facebook several times after being told to do so.

1 Like

Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 04, 2018
brodalokie:
Apple makes devices that enable the use of Facebook, so if it was apple that has brought this data scandal to light pointing the data privacy rules then it is not bad as it it seems they're doing the right thing. I thought zuckerberg was going to come up with a better strategy to solve this case intelligently, instead he has resulted to playing the politics of blame game as if that would help curb the damage his mistake has done to the current US administration and the people whose privacy he breached for love of money. I am really ashamed of the so called business mogul. Would this stop the class action lawsuits that is going on his neck? No. Would it pay for the damage he has done to the people whose privacy he breached? No. What about the nonstop criticism of President Trim election that has become the hot pot of world radio and social media? I think it would be best for Zuckerberg to just honorably step down as CEO to safe the face of our dear Facebook. I single act will stop all the hullabaloo. Think Zucky, think
Why should mark step down? Do you even know the story behind cambridge analytica? Facebook didnt breach the privacy of its users in any way. It was one guy that developed a game app on facebook and then collected users info as they played the game. He later sold the data to cambridge analytica. When facebook got wind of the development, they asked cambridge analytica to delete the data on about 3 occassions. this shaddy CA lied that they deleted them but they didn't. Biko why should facebook be the only one to take the blame?

1 Like

Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 04, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
2 large cooperate devils fighting for the souls of the consumers.
Fact!!!
Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by brodalokie: 10:21am On Apr 04, 2018
Proadroit:

Why should mark step down? Do you even know the story behind cambridge analytica? Facebook didnt breach the privacy of its users in any way. It was one guy that developed a game app on facebook and then collected users info as they played the game. He later sold the data to cambridge analytica. When facebook got wind of the development, they asked cambridge analytica to delete the data on about 3 occassions. this shaddy CA lied that they deleted them but they didn't. Biko why should facebook be the only one to take the blame?

I have been using Facebook for over a decade. I tried creating a foundation one and Facebook took it down. The point is fb has policies they guard jealously and nothing of such magnitude of case could have happened without their knowing, it's impossible. I'm not using my laptop I would have sourced for information linking Zucky with this deal for you. Didn't you know that he got money from the business?
Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by Infidan(m): 10:26am On Apr 04, 2018
Newsprex:

Source: https://prexblog.com/founder-of-facebook-mark-zuckerberg-fires-back-at-apple-ceo-tim-cooks-criticism/

I smell iPhones death
Them nor learn from watin Mark Do blackberry���

1 Like

Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 04, 2018
brodalokie:

I have been using Facebook for over a decade. I tried creating a foundation one and Facebook took it down. The point is fb has policies they guard jealously and nothing of such magnitude of case could have https://web.facebook.com/naijadailyfeed/ happened without their knowing, it's impossible. I'm not using my laptop I would have sourced for information linking Zucky with this deal for you. Didn't you know that he got money from the business?
So facebook and CA were both in on the data sale?
Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by Ladokun12(m): 10:50am On Apr 04, 2018
ultron12345:
look at them, childishness, lack of integrity and bad business ethics. They should learn from our amiable businessmen such as dangote, adenuga, Jim ovia, elumelu e. t. c.
are u for real?
Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 04, 2018
brodalokie:

Read and comprehend before you post... Go back and read again.
Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by godwinelijah(m): 11:05am On Apr 04, 2018
The Apple CEO did that to make their customers believe that they care and have the customers' best interest. Which they don't. When you compare their business model to that of facebook, you'll discover that, facebook is more customer focused and has affected more lives positively than apple. Apple is simply money driven that's all.

1 Like

Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by SoldierBoy1(m): 11:06am On Apr 04, 2018
Some people just want to comment so they would say they know about what is happening..... Maa just dey watch.
Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by brodalokie: 11:24am On Apr 04, 2018
Proadroit:

So facebook and CA were both in on the data sale?

This is Facebook datas we're talking about... A Facebook headed by Zucky
Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by brodalokie: 11:25am On Apr 04, 2018
udemzy101:

Read and comprehend before you post... Go back and read again.

What did I miss? This topic did not begin on nairaland
Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by salesforce: 11:25am On Apr 04, 2018
lol
Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by midastouch: 11:27am On Apr 04, 2018
godwinelijah:
The Apple CEO did that to make their customers believe that they care and have the customers' best interest. Which they don't. When you compare their business model to that of facebook, you'll discover that, facebook is more customer focused and has affected more lives positively than apple. Apple is simply money driven that's all.

Please tell me one thing that Tim Cook said that is false... He was just highlighting the differences in the business models of the 2 companies.

Companies that give out free services (Google, facebook, WhatsApp etc.) must make money somehow (by selling their subscriber data to advertisers).

Apple sells physical tangible hardware; making money in the process.

Other software/platform companies like Oracle, Microsoft actually charge money for their wares. Hence, you do not hear them being embroiled in user data controversy.

If you are not paying for it, YOU are the PRODUCT!!

2 Likes

Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by midastouch: 11:29am On Apr 04, 2018
Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:36am On Apr 04, 2018
martineverest:
well said...Tim cook is an extortionist
did he put a gun to tour head and say you must buy?
Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by godwinelijah(m): 11:55am On Apr 04, 2018
I am not disputing the fact that most business models are profit driven. My point is that, facebook business model as expressed by Mark in his response to Cook's statement, is centered on human relationships, unlike apple's model that is centered on hardware quality. That's my point.

Apple is about physical products while facebook is about services which has to do with uniting people.
midastouch:

Please tell me one thing that Tim Cook said that is false... He was just highlighting the differences in the business models of the 2 companies.

Companies that give out free services (Google, facebook, WhatsApp etc.) must make money somehow (by selling their subscriber data to advertisers).

Apple sells physical tangible hardware; making money in the process.

Other software/platform companies like Oracle, Microsoft actually charge money for their wares. Hence, you do not hear them being embroiled in user data controversy.

If you are not paying for it, YOU are the PRODUCT!!
Re: "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook by charlsecy(m): 12:44pm On Apr 04, 2018
chigo4u:

People are very funny. If this happens, it's facebook that will lose. Apple is the #1 phone brand in the US and it has nothing to do with Facebook. Do you know about iTunes?
iOS has multi-millions of Facebook apps' downloads. And you think Apple will like to do away with Facebook?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are Your Three Most Used Mobile Phone Apps? / How To Get 165 MB Airtel Line With Just 100 Naira / Nokia To Launch Nokia E71 With 4G LTE Support Early 2018 (specifications)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.