Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,167 members, 7,838,991 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

17-year-old Student Gets Admission Into 20 Universities With Full Scholarships - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 17-year-old Student Gets Admission Into 20 Universities With Full Scholarships (289 Views)

Ibadan Poly Student Gets Award For Being Girlfriend To Departmental President / Top 20 Universities With Most Employed Graduates In Nigeria (list) / Imo State Needs 20 Universities –okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

17-year-old Student Gets Admission Into 20 Universities With Full Scholarships by Yuneek(f): 8:31am On Apr 04, 2018
A 17-year-old boy Micheal Brown, got people shocked after he got admission into 20 universities with full scholarships to each one.

The visibly excited mum of the Texas boy expressed how she was awe-struck by her son's feat.

“I’m very grateful, I’m very thankful,” his mum, Berthinia Rutledge-Brown, said.

“I know that he has done an amazing job, and I get to watch him every day. It’s just normal to me.”

Brown is a senior at Lamar High School in Houston. He got into schools including Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Stanford and Georgetown.

Brown’s mum describes him as “hardworking” and “caring.”

“He wants this to be an example and inspiration for other kids that if they work hard and use their resources, they can do whatever they set their minds to,” Rutledge-Brown said.

Brown is part of a programme called EMERGE Fellowship which “empowers and prepares high performing students from under-served communities to attend and graduate from selective colleges and universities across the nation.”

Rutledge-Brown said that although she knew her son had the grades to get scholarships, she never imagined anything like this.

“This has exceeded anything I ever thought. When I went to college, I paid for it myself,” Rutledge-Brown said.

“I really knew that when we went to the EMERGE orientation and saw the people that came back to speak, he would be able to go to school.”

“It’s surprising I was accepted to all of them,” Micheal said in response.

Read More: https://dailynaija.com/post/17-year-old-student-gets-admission-into-20-universities-with-full-scholarships-to-all-of-them-photo

(1) (Reply)

Free Mass Communication Undergraduate Project Topics / A Lost Painting Is Rediscovered. Have You Checked Your Closets Lately For Any? / COOU Transport Director Commends Obiano For Street Lights In Varsity Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.