Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,333 members, 7,957,884 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:13 PM

A Lost Painting Is Rediscovered. Have You Checked Your Closets Lately For Any? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Lost Painting Is Rediscovered. Have You Checked Your Closets Lately For Any? (300 Views)

I Checked My Waec Result And It's Showing Outstanding / See Pictures The Kogi State University Have Resumed, Students Are Checked Before / JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Lost Painting Is Rediscovered. Have You Checked Your Closets Lately For Any? by usibengate(m): 9:31pm On Apr 06, 2018
After restoration, the naturalistic and fleshy bodies of the figures emerged in Otto van Veen’s “Apollo and Venus.” While an official value has not been placed on the artwork, it is expected to be worth millions of dollars.
For anyone who is a fan of “Antiques Roadshow,” this is a story for you.

Two years ago, Robert Warren, the executive director of Hoyt Sherman Place in Des Moines, was searching for a box of Civil War flags in the theater’s upstairs storeroom when he came across a painting wedged between a table and a plaster wall. The surface was scratched and faded, but there was a sticker on the back, a label from the Metropolitan Museum of Art, where the painting had once been on display.

Mr. Warren had stumbled upon “Apollo and Venus,” an oil painting on wood by the 16th-century Dutch master Otto van Veen. It had been stowed in the storeroom for decades and is now potentially worth millions of dollars.

(1) (Reply)

COOU Transport Director Commends Obiano For Street Lights In Varsity Road / Futa Admission Screening Information / University Of Ilorin Lecturer Builds Low-temperature Refrigerator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.