Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,114 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With President Buhari (20551 Views)

Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari / Tenure Elongation: APC Northern Governors Dump Oyegun, Align With Buhari / PDP Governors Dump Atiku, Pick Sule Lamido - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With President Buhari by stephanie11: 1:10pm On Apr 04, 2018
@POLITICSNGR

President Muhammadu Buhari has gained an upper hand in the ongoing crisis within the All Progressives Congress, APC over the reversal of the Oyegun-led NWC tenure elongation.

All 24 governors have agreed with president Buhari after a meeting on Wednesday that the party's constitution should be adhered to in respect to electing a new NWC.

Governor of Zamfara state, Abdulaziz Yari revealed this to Statehouse correspondents after the meeting today. He said;

"We consulted and all the 24 governors of the APC are in the same page with Mr. President that we are going to respect our party constitution, we are going to respect the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. So, therefore, we collectively agreed that we will have congresses at all levels - local, state and national."

It will be recalled that President Buhari had at the party's National Executive Committee's meeting last week declared as illegal, a proposal for the extension of the tenure of the John Odigie-Oyegun-led NWC of the party, adding that it violated the party's constitution.

https://politicsngr.com/breaking-24-apc-governors-dump-oyegun-meeting-buharidetails/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With President Buhari by madridguy(m): 1:11pm On Apr 04, 2018
Their Palava

Someone should help me greet Gov. Wike and tell him Hala Madrid.

21 Likes

Re: 24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With President Buhari by dele31: 1:12pm On Apr 04, 2018
A show of shame

1 Like

Re: 24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With President Buhari by emiwanlee(m): 1:15pm On Apr 04, 2018
Oyegun is now an orphan

37 Likes

Re: 24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With President Buhari by Firefire(m): 1:19pm On Apr 04, 2018
Party of professional looters and career rogues...

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With President Buhari by SarkinYarki: 1:19pm On Apr 04, 2018
If anybody thinks this action will over ride the will of the Nigerian and get Buhari re elected they are joking

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With President Buhari by tofolo(m): 1:27pm On Apr 04, 2018
Same old story.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With President Buhari by doctimonyeka(m): 1:29pm On Apr 04, 2018
Bunch of corrupt failures...

Please go get your pvcs let's vote out these political salamanders!

5 Likes

Re: 24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With President Buhari by easzypeaszy(m): 1:29pm On Apr 04, 2018
we are going to respect our party constitution, we are going to [b]respect the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

please if u dnt wnt me to rain curse on u n ur generation..tk Nigeria out of ur statement..Idiots..

Then wen wil dis idiot declare his ambition..to run or nt to run...i wan strt pryr n fastin to hasten the terrorist death

2 Likes

Re: 24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With President Buhari by chris4gold(m): 1:30pm On Apr 04, 2018
lols
Re: 24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With President Buhari by projectorz: 1:30pm On Apr 04, 2018
Their cup of tea
Re: 24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With President Buhari by Abdul4trust1(m): 1:30pm On Apr 04, 2018
Good
Re: 24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With President Buhari by ibkgab001: 1:31pm On Apr 04, 2018
Lollllll let the war begins in there camp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With President Buhari by tesppidd: 1:32pm On Apr 04, 2018
By this singular move,

10 million votes have been secured from kano and lagos.

APC till 2055.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With President Buhari by maxiuc(m): 1:32pm On Apr 04, 2018
cheesy
Re: 24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With President Buhari by maclatunji: 1:32pm On Apr 04, 2018
Hahahahaha... I knew it was a matter of time because of this http://www.opinions.ng/read-president-buhari-told-national-executive-committee-apc/

Chief Oyegun has tried but sadly, his tenure is coming to an end. Comrade Governor is getting ready to be Comrade APC Chairman. I need to visit him.
Re: 24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With President Buhari by Queenserah26(f): 1:32pm On Apr 04, 2018
Continue...
Re: 24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With President Buhari by jericco1(m): 1:33pm On Apr 04, 2018
lol that's politics for you. you want to tell me that no governor out of the 24 governors vouched for him?. stupīd people.
Re: 24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With President Buhari by Buhari2019: 1:33pm On Apr 04, 2018
Victory for democracy. Sai Baba till 2023. Join the movement now!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With President Buhari by 9jatriot(m): 1:33pm On Apr 04, 2018
This PMB looks like a really gentleman, the previous approach was to simply ask Oyegun to leave but he opted instead to make the governors see reasons on why rule of law should be followed instead as soon as he himself got to know the legal misstep they were able to take.

Nice one.

I suspect the governors will re-elect Oyegun though, the speed with which they just came back this morning to accept is suspicious, anyway na politicians know

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With President Buhari by bedspread: 1:33pm On Apr 04, 2018
This is how They will Dump PMB very soon

2 Likes

Re: 24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With President Buhari by engrjacuzzi: 1:34pm On Apr 04, 2018
APC - all politicians congress party
Re: 24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With President Buhari by CaptainFM1: 1:35pm On Apr 04, 2018
The same way we will dump bubu and his APShit sons

3 Likes

Re: 24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With President Buhari by maclatunji: 1:36pm On Apr 04, 2018
9jatriot:
This PMB looks like a really gentleman, the previous approach was to simply ask Oyegun to leave but he opted instead to make the governors see reasons on why rule of law should be followed instead as soon as he himself got to know the legal misstep they were able to take.

Nice one.

I suspect the governors will re-elect Oyegun though, the speed with which they just came back this morning to accept is suspicious, anyway na politicians know

You don't understand Nigerian politics. Once the president came out against Oyegun, he was almost as good as gone as party chairman.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With President Buhari by kenodrill: 1:37pm On Apr 04, 2018
Really feels for oyegun as he turns out to be the sacrificial lamb.
Re: 24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With President Buhari by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 04, 2018
It is not going to end there, but you think tinubu na light weight politician? Then u don't know jack. The guy know the right time to strike for his selfish interest. This is just a game of chess.

1 Like

Re: 24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With President Buhari by Blackfire(m): 1:44pm On Apr 04, 2018
Sai baba till 2019...

Nigerians brace up for more tears sorrows and blood.

1 Like

Re: 24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With President Buhari by Corrinthians(m): 1:52pm On Apr 04, 2018
cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What’s’ The Desperation For? Nigerians React To Atiku’s ‘i’ll Do Just One Term’ / Electoral Act Versus Supreme Court: Which One Should INEC Obey? / EFCC Chairman Lamorde Sues The Sun Newspaper For N1billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.