Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Want To Be More Productive? Sit Next To Someone Who Is - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Want To Be More Productive? Sit Next To Someone Who Is (5779 Views)

Poll: Who Is More Productive At Work? Men Or Women ? / Please Help!! I Wish To Be More Productive To Myself / 4 Easy Ways To Become More Productive & Attract Favour In Your Workplace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Want To Be More Productive? Sit Next To Someone Who Is by ogunjobiolaide: 4:08pm On Apr 04, 2018
To increase worker performance, employers often invest in a number of things, from rewards and incentives to education and training. These traditional approaches develop employees’ skills and enrich their work experience. But we discovered a surprisingly simple way to increase productivity, one that was low-cost and had immediate impact: better office seating arrangements.

Research we conducted suggests that who an employee sits next to affects how they perform — and grouping the right types of coworkers together can improve productivity and work quality.

http://valourdigest.com/want-to-be-more-productive-sit-next-to-someone-who-is/

2 Likes

Re: Want To Be More Productive? Sit Next To Someone Who Is by SerialAlpha(f): 7:12am On Apr 05, 2018
Just like sitting next to a drunk will get you drunk. Abi?
If you like sit beside Don Carlos, if you dont have in you you dont have it in you. You cant give what you dont have no matter where you are sitting.

13 Likes

Re: Want To Be More Productive? Sit Next To Someone Who Is by ishowdotgmail(m): 7:12am On Apr 05, 2018
It depends on individual.... Isn't applicable to all being, regarded the commitment u chose to toil too.

It can only increase one chances of achieving greatness
Re: Want To Be More Productive? Sit Next To Someone Who Is by ObservantFellow: 7:13am On Apr 05, 2018
Most likely but I also think It's a matter of attitude to work.
A person without interest or desire to perform such duty might end up reducing the efficiency of the productive one.
Even, two productive people working closely could strike up envy and subsequently, a fight for dominance (personal interests above company goals). So there is a chance the quest for edficiency could become sidelined.
So, I think it's a matter of attitude.

1 Like

Re: Want To Be More Productive? Sit Next To Someone Who Is by elitejosef: 7:14am On Apr 05, 2018
True
Infact so so true o, I remember my previous office then I was in the mist of some olodo so to say in programming and they don't even drive you to be creative or desire to do so more. The moment we moved to a larger office it was wow all through coz my seat mate has changed

2 Likes

Re: Want To Be More Productive? Sit Next To Someone Who Is by olahero(m): 7:14am On Apr 05, 2018
Okay... Next
Re: Want To Be More Productive? Sit Next To Someone Who Is by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 05, 2018
true to an extent
Re: Want To Be More Productive? Sit Next To Someone Who Is by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 7:14am On Apr 05, 2018
So true
Re: Want To Be More Productive? Sit Next To Someone Who Is by spartan50(m): 7:16am On Apr 05, 2018
Total truth.. You would be influenced to succeed

2 Likes

Re: Want To Be More Productive? Sit Next To Someone Who Is by Pavore9: 7:16am On Apr 05, 2018
Very likely.
Re: Want To Be More Productive? Sit Next To Someone Who Is by geozone: 7:20am On Apr 05, 2018
if you have a conscience or if youre interested. some people make productivity a turn off. like those efiko students who submit assignments you were only asked to read up by the lecturer

2 Likes

Re: Want To Be More Productive? Sit Next To Someone Who Is by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 05, 2018
not always true, a lazy person cannot become a hardworker by merely sitting next to a hard working person.

Op your premise is wrong, if it were correct than taking criminals to the police station would make them police officers.

2 Likes

Re: Want To Be More Productive? Sit Next To Someone Who Is by Ufranklin92(m): 7:32am On Apr 05, 2018
Is the Fact
Re: Want To Be More Productive? Sit Next To Someone Who Is by Paulpeterparker: 7:32am On Apr 05, 2018
just wait...

Re: Want To Be More Productive? Sit Next To Someone Who Is by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 05, 2018
Always leads to envy especially when the person is getting the recognition that u supposed to get.
Re: Want To Be More Productive? Sit Next To Someone Who Is by Abee79(m): 7:34am On Apr 05, 2018
Standing next to a Cadillac makes you a Cadillac . . . undecided
Re: Want To Be More Productive? Sit Next To Someone Who Is by LordKO(m): 7:37am On Apr 05, 2018
The postulation can only hold true if the person possess grit.

2 Likes

Re: Want To Be More Productive? Sit Next To Someone Who Is by Awoleesu(m): 7:39am On Apr 05, 2018
Sounds like Exam malpractice...

#kpamkpa!
Re: Want To Be More Productive? Sit Next To Someone Who Is by Offpoint: 7:55am On Apr 05, 2018
If is true then by now I should have had sense.

seun if something is not done about the screenshot below, I'll sink my phone in a septic tank and sue nairaland.

Re: Want To Be More Productive? Sit Next To Someone Who Is by olowobaba10: 7:56am On Apr 05, 2018
WHAT TYPE OF CRAP IS THIS, I WONDER HOW SOME DUMB THREADS MAKE IT TO THE FRONT PAGE ON THIS SITE.

Re: Want To Be More Productive? Sit Next To Someone Who Is by AreaFada2: 8:06am On Apr 05, 2018
quentin06:
not always true, a lazy person cannot become a hardworker by merely sitting next to a hard working person.

Op your premise is wrong, if it were correct than taking criminals to the police station would make them police officers.
In saner climes, a lazy person will not get the chance to sit next to a high achiever. But in 9ja tribalism & corruption make it possible.

To the question, in theory it does. BUT it also depends on chemistry.

Some very efficient people can be condescending, full of themselves and not generally pleasant. He or she may not even want you to achieve like them. If that is the kind of person next to you, you will be miserable instead of being productive.

If all is good and work atmosphere is great and you have what it takes, then it will be an inspiration.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Want To Be More Productive? Sit Next To Someone Who Is by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 05, 2018
So true, I spent some time with my friends who are not as privileged as me and i saw how they make things out of nothing, now i just want to work harder too.

1 Like

Re: Want To Be More Productive? Sit Next To Someone Who Is by Mutuwa(m): 8:26am On Apr 05, 2018
grouping the right types of coworkers together can improve productivity and work quality. This I may agree

BUT

A dunce (for example) sitting next to a productive person, in an attempt for him to be more productive, may not really work.
while some people are wise, some are other wise.Our minds and intelligence levels were designed differently.If you are naturally good and productive, you are.If you are not, you are not.Some defects cannot even be remedied, just as some folks are not trainable, and or reformable.
Re: Want To Be More Productive? Sit Next To Someone Who Is by Nobody: 9:09am On Apr 05, 2018
It is true o. I remember one computer woman in school when I was doing my MSC. This woman can read and do assignments for Africa....I mean....when we were paired together for a group work, I started crying. No be small thing. We stayed in the library from sun up to sun down for two days...I couldn't believe myself. Chain...something I would have borrowed book to go and do in my apartment.mtcheew

But what am I saying? Something we were given a deadline of two weeks we finished in 2 days because of the way the woman pushed and pushed and we can.e out really good grade wise

1 Like

Re: Want To Be More Productive? Sit Next To Someone Who Is by Krafty006: 9:37am On Apr 05, 2018
Success begets success.....invest in shoe biz, learn shoe making https://www.nairaland.com/4405075/new-designs
Re: Want To Be More Productive? Sit Next To Someone Who Is by Achillesdam500(m): 9:54am On Apr 05, 2018
So if I sat beside Otedola I'd be rich ehn grin

1 Like

Re: Want To Be More Productive? Sit Next To Someone Who Is by Sillyprofits(m): 9:54am On Apr 05, 2018
Swargu:
So true, I spent some time with my friends who are not as privileged as me and i saw how they make things out of nothing, now i just want to work harder too.

LoL. Exactly. You just took the words off my mouth.

This is the problem most people who work online face especially when they become lax with their work habits and starts spending too much time with lazy peeps. Now we all get to work extra hard to cover up for the lost time.

I also did an article explaining the 3 weird yet Effective Work Habits of Highly Successful Online Business Owners. You can click here to read more >>> http://www.sillyprofits.com/3-weird-work-habits-highly-successful-online-bloggers/

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Nigerian Workers Unhappy? / Certifications Required For Job In IT Department Of A Bank? / From Nigeria To Europe – My PLAB Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.