Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

For Those Who Rocked Their Childhood In The 70s, 80s And 90s. - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / For Those Who Rocked Their Childhood In The 70s, 80s And 90s. (1353 Views)

How School Boys Used To Write Letters To Girls In The 80s And 90s... / How School Boys Used To Write Love Letters To Girls In The 70s, 80s And 90s / Who Rocked The Police Uniform Better? Olamide Or Wizkid? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

For Those Who Rocked Their Childhood In The 70s, 80s And 90s. by Bbrown65: 7:37am On Apr 05, 2018
For those who rocked their childhood in the 70s, 80s and 90s. How can we ever forget those good old days?
where i spent most of my "growing up" life there and I am very proud of my humble beginnings .. a time when everyone treated each other like family, We went outside to play in the streets, played emababa �� and climbed trees. We didn't eat fast food ....we ate Groundnuts, Kulikuli, Puff Puff, Buns, agidi jollof with biscuit bone, choco milo sweets, Nasco or cabin biscuits and home made food and we got ice cream from the ice-cream man tied in a polythene bag. We played ten-ten, Suwe, game boy, hide and seek(bojo bojo), street football, tinkutinku little star, table soccer, kite, koso, open kolo, mama n papa, in and out police and thief, Pepsi Pepsi cola, etc. And then enjoyed visiting our neighbors, Families and friends.
There was no bottled water , we drank water from the tap or bought Ice-water tied in a polythene bag, if we had a drink, we would share the same bottle of juice...after giving it a wipe with our mucky sleeves, We had analog tv, that can be open sideways like a wardrobe, only to be switched on at 4pm on weekdays and 10am on weekends; we ride our tyres, boris cart, or spoke wheel or played in the rain for hours. There was no such thing as a mobile phone or any other electronic device . We weren't AFRAID OF ANYTHING (except maybe the Nurse's injection, the Teachers at school and our parents ) If someone had a fight, that's what it was...a fist fight. Kids didn't have guns or knives, we played cowboys & crooks. The street lights were your curfew or until your Mom shouted out the window. School was mandatory, The days of going to school in groups just so we can gist, slab(walk) from our home to school, some cases 5 - 10 kilometers and buy dankuwa, Gudygudy and condense milk, babadudu with our pocket money. Ultimate power, and willi willi was our horror movie and nta channel 5 and BTV was our cartoon network. tales of Kidnapper (gbomogbomo) scare everywhere and mom would warn us not to collect sweet from a stranger if u don't want to turn to a tuber of yam, LOL, We would NOT disrespect our elders because we knew we'd get an ass whooping, with old rough palm ushering a befitting slap, not forgetting the popular brown cane invisibly hidden in every corner of the house. Inter-house suwe was superb during our time. How can I forget the endless stories of the wise tortoise, moonlight stories from our elders. I read so many interesting, motivation and inspiring books like, " the gods are not to blame, things fall apart, an African night entertainment, cheer up brother, Eze goes to school, primary 1-6 Readers, Agbo malaka live it the town of lagoon which is not far from Ibadan, Edet, simbi, etc. Our notebook was printed by ONWARD, but we had our own definition of ONWARD BIG EXERCISE (Olo Na Witch After Reading Devil Bible In Ghana, Eze times Eze, Rice Costumer Is Selling Eba) Wow, my childhood rock.
Edit and share if you're proud that you came from a close knit community and you will never forget where you came from! I'm a proud Igbo man. Copy & Paste, just change where you were brought up if you so wish.
So tell me the life style of those day's and the one of this day's which one is more beautiful and free ?

1 Share

Re: For Those Who Rocked Their Childhood In The 70s, 80s And 90s. by pussygotlips: 10:24pm On Apr 06, 2018
I missed nasco tv advert... It go like 12345 nasco buscuit do u want.
I missed my primary schl crush..
I missed how i used to steal my father money..
I missed how i used to Bleep my neighbours daughter and how i was caught..
Chai that black and white tv that use to faint until u give it a hard knock..

I missed watching jaguar and zebrodie..
I missed fumni adams songs..
I missed some old tv commercials.. Peak milk...nigeria millenium where they show kanu goal.. Sorry o i was caught up in my fantacy

(1) (Reply)

Christmas Memes...don't Laff Alone / When you try to steal from the pot and your mum or dad caught you red handed / Atm Instructions For Males And Females.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.