Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,820 members, 7,824,411 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Smoking, Sniffing Or Drinking Lizard Dung And Tails In Kano (2015 News) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Smoking, Sniffing Or Drinking Lizard Dung And Tails In Kano (2015 News) (2201 Views)

Borno Youths Drinking Fermented Urine, Lizard Dung, Says NDLEA / Four Men Arrested For Gang-Raping Monitor Lizard In Western India / Smoking Weed Or Drinking It ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smoking, Sniffing Or Drinking Lizard Dung And Tails In Kano (2015 News) by GworoChewinMaga: 10:20am On Apr 05, 2018
Be it a public, roadside sewage or septic tank built in the home to hold human waste, the thrill seekers continually seek attain new highs from the next stinking sewage. Another popular intoxicant in Abuja and other major parts of northern Nigeria is lizard faeces.

Findings revealed that Nigerian youth have devised various means of getting high on lizard dung. For instance, when mixed with clothing dye powder, Zaqami medicinal herbs and seeds, lizard droppings offers unimaginable “high” to those addicted to it. The lizard dung is the most important part of the mixture. “We take a bowl, and start by adding blue dye powder to some water. Then we take the seeds from this fruit – called Zaqami. It’s a powerful medicine. Next we take the white part of the lizard dung and crumble it into the water. There are other things we can add as well, but this is ok. It’s ready to drink now,” said a menial worker from Kano State. The potion, when taken with peanuts or kolanut, produces a strong effect akin to drinking whisky on a very hot day.

In the northern city of Kano, there is now an alarming increase in the use of cheap household chemical products, lizard droppings and other cheap but highly toxic ways to get “high.”

Street kids and other youngsters are paid to hunt lizards and capture them alive; then the animals are kept in cages where they are fed daily and their droppings are collected, dried and kept safely for use. The users blend the faeces and wrap it neatly away to be taken as a drink; and while some others prefer to inhale the blended dung, others love to smoke crush it and smoke it with marijuana. The intoxicating effect of lizard dropping is believed to be 50 percent higher than marijuana and cocaine.

A 19-year old presented at the neuropsychiatric hospital with a history of smoking lizard dung, burnt lizard tail and marijuana. He said a friend introduced it to him. Initially, he said they crushed lizard faeces together with marijuana and settled down to smoke it, chasing it down with any brand of local alcoholic beverage. He enjoyed the pleasurable effect and started using it to get high until a friend at the construction site where he worked allegedly introduced him to the potency of lizard tail too. The most frequent pattern of use was mixing lizard faeces and marijuana with charred tail of lizard and smoking it. He said it increased his self-esteem, made him more confident, and sedated him for at least 10 hours. The patient claimed that immediately the ecstasy wears off, he starts craving seriously for another fix of marijuana, lizard tail and faeces. The craving is usually unbearable as it caused him severe nausea, itching of the throat, gums and several body parts and mild trembling.

To guarantee his daily fix, he would usually obtain lizards from walls of the houses, toilets, and around trees.

On detailed psychiatric examination, he was diagnosed as a case of opioid-dependent syndrome and nicotine-dependent syndrome. While we did not provide any specific pharmacological treatment for the use of wall lizard, said his doctor, he received the standard pharmacotherapy for opioid and nicotine withdrawal. Even during initial few days of the hospital stay, he was found chewing tails of wall lizards. He reported that it would help him in managing his craving for the complete cocktail.

http://thenationonlineng.net/i-will-follow-this-thrill-to-my-grave/
Re: Smoking, Sniffing Or Drinking Lizard Dung And Tails In Kano (2015 News) by JaffyJoe(m): 10:29am On Apr 05, 2018
Damn! Disgusting, stay off dope kids.

1 Like

Re: Smoking, Sniffing Or Drinking Lizard Dung And Tails In Kano (2015 News) by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 05, 2018
God is wicked!

E no see Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Belgium, etc to drop me, na this shithole, where even man and lizard no fit shit in peace without the sons of Esau coming to sniff

Chai!!

1 Like

Re: Smoking, Sniffing Or Drinking Lizard Dung And Tails In Kano (2015 News) by GworoChewinMaga: 10:41am On Apr 05, 2018
I am waiting for one ab0ki to blame Igbos for their lizard poo addiction

2 Likes

Re: Smoking, Sniffing Or Drinking Lizard Dung And Tails In Kano (2015 News) by sonofspada(m): 10:49am On Apr 05, 2018
Even horse shitt is taken for highness via smoking, there's nothing else left to see

SMH
Re: Smoking, Sniffing Or Drinking Lizard Dung And Tails In Kano (2015 News) by BankeSmalls(f): 11:11am On Apr 05, 2018
Crazy money making idea

Is it illegal to rear lizards? grin
Re: Smoking, Sniffing Or Drinking Lizard Dung And Tails In Kano (2015 News) by eagleeye2: 11:15am On Apr 05, 2018
how did we cohabit the same country with people like this?

2 Likes

Re: Smoking, Sniffing Or Drinking Lizard Dung And Tails In Kano (2015 News) by eagleeye2: 11:16am On Apr 05, 2018
BankeSmalls:
Crazy money making idea
Is it illegal to rear lizards? grin
You are still asking, while some sharp guys have already started.
Re: Smoking, Sniffing Or Drinking Lizard Dung And Tails In Kano (2015 News) by agadez007(m): 11:22am On Apr 05, 2018
This Ibo people self

They brought the lizards to the north from Hinewi and Haba so as to make Abokiiis children useless

1 Like

Re: Smoking, Sniffing Or Drinking Lizard Dung And Tails In Kano (2015 News) by trapQ: 11:59am On Apr 05, 2018
Lmao....

Northerners smoke anything including gutter so how are Igbos responsible for that?
Re: Smoking, Sniffing Or Drinking Lizard Dung And Tails In Kano (2015 News) by ideynl1: 12:01pm On Apr 05, 2018
So this is what usba smokes and he comes here to support the dullard.

No wonder vedaxcool suffers from brain tumor

1 Like

Re: Smoking, Sniffing Or Drinking Lizard Dung And Tails In Kano (2015 News) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 05, 2018
Lol
Re: Smoking, Sniffing Or Drinking Lizard Dung And Tails In Kano (2015 News) by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 05, 2018
I hate lizards especially the red neck ones.

Yuck!!
Re: Smoking, Sniffing Or Drinking Lizard Dung And Tails In Kano (2015 News) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 05, 2018
Does the Igbo's sell this one too?! N'di Anu m'paama, zam'o.
Re: Smoking, Sniffing Or Drinking Lizard Dung And Tails In Kano (2015 News) by trapQ: 12:27pm On Apr 05, 2018
It remains a mystery.
eagleeye2:
how did we cohabit the same country with people like this?
Re: Smoking, Sniffing Or Drinking Lizard Dung And Tails In Kano (2015 News) by CSTR1002: 12:45pm On Apr 05, 2018
Why is this thread not on the front page?
Re: Smoking, Sniffing Or Drinking Lizard Dung And Tails In Kano (2015 News) by ideynl1: 12:54pm On Apr 05, 2018
When northerners shout "sai baba", just know that it is not ordinary.

They may be under influence of the folllwing:

Sex with cattles
Smoking lizard droppings
Smoking dried lizard tail
Sucking the anus their catles
Sniffing shoe gum
And etc
Re: Smoking, Sniffing Or Drinking Lizard Dung And Tails In Kano (2015 News) by GavelSlam: 2:06pm On Apr 05, 2018
In a separate incident, Ifeanyi, a 15-year old high school dropout, almost lost his life from sniffing adhesive glue and consuming a mixture of alcoholic beverages and cough syrup containing codeine. Ifeanyi, was allegedly introduced to glue sniffing and the alcoholic beverage and cough syrup concoction by a childhood friend who works in the same factory with him. According to Ifeanyi, he realised that his friend, suddenly vanished at break time, with a crew of fellow menial workers at the factory where they worked. Soon, he accosted his friend and demanded that he invited him on the trips outside the factory. But contrary to his expectation that they had discovered a good canteen somewhere in the vicinity, his friend and his newfound acquaintances had been frequenting a local pub where they consume a concoction of cough syrup with codeine and herbal alcoholic beverages. At their insistence, he tried the mixture and got hooked to it.

Ifeanyi became so addicted to the drink that he began to consume it excessively. “I began to take it every morning, afternoon and at night in order to feel high and relaxed,” he said, adding that he became more inured to the drink, and even more adept than his friends at consuming it that they nicknamed him “Coded baba,” an alias adapted from the codeine constituent of the cough syrup.

Ifeanyi consumed a 100ml bottle of alcoholic beverage mixed with a 100ml bottle of cough syrup with codeine in the morning before going to work, during lunch hour and at night before retiring to bed thus consuming 300ml of herbal alcoholic beverage and 300ml of cough syrup with codeine daily. According to him, it puts him in perpetual ecstasy, a feeling he became accustomed to and frequently yearned for. Soon he began to suffer the downside of his addiction. He developed chronic headache, constipation and dizziness. According to him, thing turned awry when he suffered a total meltdown of his health. “I was forced to reduce my intake of the potion when I fell seriously ill and I couldn’t remember all that happened to me. They told me I temporarily ran mad. Fear catch me. I no wan kolo. (I became frightened. I didn’t wish to run mad). That is why I stopped taking it at night. Now, I only take it in the morning and afternoon. And that is because it keeps me fit for factory work,” he said. Ifeanyi, according to medical opinion, developed psychiatric disturbances due to prolonged abuse of alcohol and cough syrup containing codeine.

Same article.

There was an earlier section which also referred to one from the Yoruba tribe .

I'm deliberately capturing this singular section however, to highlight the fact that drug abuse cuts across all tribes in Nigeria today.

Tagbo who rolled with Davido overdosed .

The narrative must change.

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-samsung&source=android-browser&q=this
Re: Smoking, Sniffing Or Drinking Lizard Dung And Tails In Kano (2015 News) by thedondada(m): 2:28pm On Apr 05, 2018
Why won't they go about slaughtering human beingsnlike cattle after drinking lizard shit.

Aboki....... always and forever bleeped up

1 Like

Re: Smoking, Sniffing Or Drinking Lizard Dung And Tails In Kano (2015 News) by Sunnynwa: 2:01pm On Apr 07, 2018
GworoChewinMaga:
Be it a public, roadside sewage or septic tank built in the home to hold human waste, the thrill seekers continually seek attain new highs from the next stinking sewage. Another popular intoxicant in Abuja and other major parts of northern Nigeria is lizard faeces.

Findings revealed that Nigerian youth have devised various means of getting high on lizard dung. For instance, when mixed with clothing dye powder, Zaqami medicinal herbs and seeds, lizard droppings offers unimaginable “high” to those addicted to it. The lizard dung is the most important part of the mixture. “We take a bowl, and start by adding blue dye powder to some water. Then we take the seeds from this fruit – called Zaqami. It’s a powerful medicine. Next we take the white part of the lizard dung and crumble it into the water. There are other things we can add as well, but this is ok. It’s ready to drink now,” said a menial worker from Kano State. The potion, when taken with peanuts or kolanut, produces a strong effect akin to drinking whisky on a very hot day.

In the northern city of Kano, there is now an alarming increase in the use of cheap household chemical products, lizard droppings and other cheap but highly toxic ways to get “high.”

Street kids and other youngsters are paid to hunt lizards and capture them alive; then the animals are kept in cages where they are fed daily and their droppings are collected, dried and kept safely for use. The users blend the faeces and wrap it neatly away to be taken as a drink; and while some others prefer to inhale the blended dung, others love to smoke crush it and smoke it with marijuana. The intoxicating effect of lizard dropping is believed to be 50 percent higher than marijuana and cocaine.

A 19-year old presented at the neuropsychiatric hospital with a history of smoking lizard dung, burnt lizard tail and marijuana. He said a friend introduced it to him. Initially, he said they crushed lizard faeces together with marijuana and settled down to smoke it, chasing it down with any brand of local alcoholic beverage. He enjoyed the pleasurable effect and started using it to get high until a friend at the construction site where he worked allegedly introduced him to the potency of lizard tail too. The most frequent pattern of use was mixing lizard faeces and marijuana with charred tail of lizard and smoking it. He said it increased his self-esteem, made him more confident, and sedated him for at least 10 hours. The patient claimed that immediately the ecstasy wears off, he starts craving seriously for another fix of marijuana, lizard tail and faeces. The craving is usually unbearable as it caused him severe nausea, itching of the throat, gums and several body parts and mild trembling.

To guarantee his daily fix, he would usually obtain lizards from walls of the houses, toilets, and around trees.

On detailed psychiatric examination, he was diagnosed as a case of opioid-dependent syndrome and nicotine-dependent syndrome. While we did not provide any specific pharmacological treatment for the use of wall lizard, said his doctor, he received the standard pharmacotherapy for opioid and nicotine withdrawal. Even during initial few days of the hospital stay, he was found chewing tails of wall lizards. He reported that it would help him in managing his craving for the complete cocktail.

http://thenationonlineng.net/i-will-follow-this-thrill-to-my-grave/

The Ignis should be blamed for exporting poo to the North and for teaching them how to build soak aways thereby providing something to sniff and get high.

Wicked Igbo people.
Re: Smoking, Sniffing Or Drinking Lizard Dung And Tails In Kano (2015 News) by Opinionated: 8:20am On Apr 08, 2018
Shocking stuff.
Re: Smoking, Sniffing Or Drinking Lizard Dung And Tails In Kano (2015 News) by bebanky: 10:14am On Apr 08, 2018
We that lived in the north know that they smoke lizards shit....it contains ammonia and it makes them high....another baddest stuff is zakami seeds....its more dangerous than marijuana. Northern youths...I hail una ooooo
Re: Smoking, Sniffing Or Drinking Lizard Dung And Tails In Kano (2015 News) by xtivin(m): 12:29pm On Apr 08, 2018
MyPWisINCORRECT:
God is wicked!

E no see Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Belgium, etc to drop me, na this shithole, where even man and lizard no fit shit in peace without the sons of Esau coming to sniff

Chai!!
Blasphemy
Re: Smoking, Sniffing Or Drinking Lizard Dung And Tails In Kano (2015 News) by africanusvu(m): 2:56pm On Apr 08, 2018
Now you have created awareness for this new discovery. We now have a good alternative to tramadol.marijuana etc.wat a breakthrough. Who says Nigerians can't make reseach

(1) (Reply)

How I Was Extorted By SARS At Benin And My Experience With The #CRU / Angry Youths Burn Mortuary In Abia Community [PHOTOS] / UNILAG Undergraduate Shot Dead Over Stolen Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.