Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi (37518 Views)

Why We Increased Hate Speech Fine To N5 Million ― Lai Mohammed / APC will handover power to the poor – Amaechi / We Increased Northern Slots In SSS Because Of Federal Character- Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by engrjacuzzi: 11:25pm On Apr 05, 2018
I'm looking for someone to lend me #200k if i didn't pay before month end ��� You can block me from Nairaland ����
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Doctus(m): 11:28pm On Apr 05, 2018
when the fare is increased he will have more money to put in his pocket.What then will d pore do
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 05, 2018
Reportmusic:

Rotimi Amaechi, minister for transportation, says the train fares between Kaduna and Abuja was increased because majority of those using the service are rich.

Speaking on Thursday at the 3rd edition of the Kaduna Investment Summit, Amaechi said the intention of the president towards the railway was to transport poor people.

“Some of you have been asking why we increased the fare between Kaduna and Abuja,” he said during his address at the summit.

“For each locomotive, we spend N56 million, when we were charging you N600, we were getting N16 million so all you rich men, we were dashing you N40 million per month. Actually, very few poor men use those trains. The actual intent of the president is to allow us to move poor people from Kaduna to Abuja. If you go to Rigasa, you will see the big men pack their cars and use the railway and chase away the poor people.

“So since it’s big men that use the railway, we jerked up the prices. You know what it’s called — appropriate pricing. So we price according to your pocket but it does not affect our subsidy, we still subsidise the railway.”

The minister encouraged people to continue making government accountable saying he is the first to know when locomotives are faulty.

“The funny thing about the social media is that anytime there is a problem with the railway, the first person to know is me,” he said.

“I see all sorts of videos and I wonder if they realise that I am the minister for transport not the managing director of the Nigerian Railway Corporation so I can’t run the railways.

“In the past, none of you can send a video to a minister but now you not only send, they direct me on what to do. I urge you to continue in that light and make us accountable to you.”

SOURCE
https://www.reportnaija.ng/2018/04/05/we-increased-train-fare-because-rich-people-use-it-more-than-the-poor-amaechi/

cc lalasticlala

I can't make any sense out of Amaechi's lunatic rambling. What exactly was he trying to say?

And eternal shame on Buhari for sticking with deadwood ministers like Amaechi, Adeosun, Fashola, Lai Mohammed etc.
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Tomoyayi(m): 11:39pm On Apr 05, 2018
Teewhy2:
What are the benefits of been a Nigerian especially if you are in the middle or lower class.
So they increase the fare because they believe the rich are the ones who use it the most, so what should be the case of people who struggle to pay the old fare or the ones that have been trying to raise some money just to have the experience of what traveling in a train looks like.
The leaders don't care that these poor people fix the road that leads to their house, the provide water for themselves, provide electricity, provide shelters but can't get good health care after their salaries had been heavily taxed.
Is been a Nigerian a bless in the opposite direction?

In Nigeria today nothing like middle or lower class again o.
Its Rich, poor and very poor

APC bin Lai-in since 1759
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by osazsky(m): 12:00am On Apr 06, 2018
so cos rich guys board d train u increased d fair,DAT ur reason ba,Dis guy go prymary sch at all,what of d poor guys dat board d train too,see illogical reasoning from a ass like u ,mumu
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Prettyyemi(f): 12:06am On Apr 06, 2018
Shoroniyen
Is he giving d money to d poor nii??
U dey collect money from rich people dey give am to rich government wey go still share d money back to rich people...
This Nigeria ehn!!!
I tire for am!!
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by bikefab(m): 12:23am On Apr 06, 2018
Amechi, receive sense in Jesus name!
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by israelmao(m): 12:28am On Apr 06, 2018
This is one of the brainchild of your arch enemy-GEJ.
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Kumbola: 12:42am On Apr 06, 2018
APC ... Coding tablet
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by RonJeremy: 1:12am On Apr 06, 2018
Amaechi the Sabo
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by bejeria101(m): 1:17am On Apr 06, 2018
Zombies una see una dullards at work? A round of applause for the dullard leaders of the zombies.
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by juneman: 1:51am On Apr 06, 2018
You just made zero sense sir
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by seguno2: 1:51am On Apr 06, 2018
skarlett:
Trains that mismanagement will still destroy undecided

In the same way that mismanagement and lack of maintenance have destroyed our houses, schools, clinics, hospitals, roads, offices etc
Are we the people not the ones who make up Nigeria and allow our leaders to rule over us?
So, Nigeria is the way we want it to be.
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by horia: 4:17am On Apr 06, 2018
ghanaman5050:
Sir , you can have business class and increase the fare .
the rich people pursued the poor people from the train. Lmao
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by fof1: 4:44am On Apr 06, 2018
Reportmusic:

Rotimi Amaechi, minister for transportation, says the train fares between Kaduna and Abuja was increased because majority of those using the service are rich.

Speaking on Thursday at the 3rd edition of the Kaduna Investment Summit, Amaechi said the intention of the president towards the railway was to transport poor people.

“Some of you have been asking why we increased the fare between Kaduna and Abuja,” he said during his address at the summit.

“For each locomotive, we spend N56 million, when we were charging you N600, we were getting N16 million so all you rich men, we were dashing you N40 million per month. Actually, very few poor men use those trains. The actual intent of the president is to allow us to move poor people from Kaduna to Abuja. If you go to Rigasa, you will see the big men pack their cars and use the railway and chase away the poor people.

“So since it’s big men that use the railway, we jerked up the prices. You know what it’s called — appropriate pricing. So we price according to your pocket but it does not affect our subsidy, we still subsidise the railway.”

The minister encouraged people to continue making government accountable saying he is the first to know when locomotives are faulty.

“The funny thing about the social media is that anytime there is a problem with the railway, the first person to know is me,” he said.

“I see all sorts of videos and I wonder if they realise that I am the minister for transport not the managing director of the Nigerian Railway Corporation so I can’t run the railways.

“In the past, none of you can send a video to a minister but now you not only send, they direct me on what to do. I urge you to continue in that light and make us accountable to you.”

SOURCE
https://www.reportnaija.ng/2018/04/05/we-increased-train-fare-because-rich-people-use-it-more-than-the-poor-amaechi/

cc lalasticlala

LIES FILLED GOVERNMENT. D LOGIC IS APPEALING BUT VERY FAULTY.PLS.
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by decepticos(m): 4:57am On Apr 06, 2018
Whoever handles this guys medication can do a better job
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by tete7000(m): 5:47am On Apr 06, 2018
So they are not making provision at all for the poor now? What about creating different than classes within the train?
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by realkene(m): 5:48am On Apr 06, 2018
Rotimi is basically daft...Now the transport is now for the rich right..Appropriate pricing, my head
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by 2016v2017: 6:06am On Apr 06, 2018
emeijeh:
So the poor should continue trekking?

Amaechi answer me!!!

Irrelevant minister..... No wonder Nairaland guys call him the Liz**d of Ubima
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Mcreloaded(m): 6:47am On Apr 06, 2018
Was the train provided for the poor or the rich and why don't u stop the refreshments on the train to reduce expenses.
The airplane are there for the rich and u can also have economy class on trains to show the price difference.

A very stupid reason to increase the fare
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Nobody: 6:48am On Apr 06, 2018
seguno2:

In the same way that mismanagement and lack of maintenance have destroyed our houses, schools, clinics, hospitals, roads, offices etc
Are we the people not the ones who make up Nigeria and allow our leaders to rule over us?
So, Nigeria is the way we want it to be.

Who cares bruh? This your epistle or rallying cry is none of my business.
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by nwoye72: 7:05am On Apr 06, 2018
may GOD punish u idiot
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by sanyajava: 7:08am On Apr 06, 2018
This dude is really a dullard, What?
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by jericco1(m): 7:08am On Apr 06, 2018
this is one of the most foolish reasons I've ever heard. how does that even affect the rich? Nigeria is a failed state
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by jericco1(m): 7:09am On Apr 06, 2018
bastard
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by babniyen(m): 7:43am On Apr 06, 2018
If this is true. It is the silliest argument in the world for a price increase. It's obviouse that no feasibility study was done before embarking on the project, therefore appropriate pricing was never mentioned. No ROI. This is a FGN project. SMH...
Reportmusic:

SOURCE

cc lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by huntinghunter(m): 8:18am On Apr 06, 2018
Ate am well o....hope u don belleful
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by salesforce: 8:32am On Apr 06, 2018
hmm
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:04am On Apr 06, 2018
Just stop with the taxation bullshit, UAE just started taxing her citizens last year, the country's problem has NEVER been lack of money,
''Money is not our problem, but how to spend it'' Gen Yakubu Gowon, 1973.

Celepope:
Until Nigerians start paying appropriate tax and those in authority become accountable of the generated revenue Nigeria will never come out of its shiithole. Nigerians want their country to look like Hong Kong but frown at taxation. No progressive country live on freebies and expect world class infrastructures.If you know of any kindly name one with facts and I will send you $100 asap.We all have a part to play on national development “And so, my fellow Americans (Nigerians): ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country.” JF Kennedy.

Back to the topic: Amaechi is mentally unstable with these statements.Very insensitive rulers who speak without thinking of the consequences of their statement.Why not partition the train and make it into business and economic class then increase the fare for the business class so as to accommodate the Rich who so desire to use the train.
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by alklas(m): 10:16am On Apr 06, 2018
What of d poor people now
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by emmydollars4life(m): 5:30pm On Apr 06, 2018
bjayx:
The rich men chase away the poor men
Nigeria chase away Nigerians
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by laudate: 11:50pm On Apr 06, 2018
Celepope:
Until Nigerians start paying appropriate tax and those in authority become accountable of the generated revenue Nigeria will never come out of its shiithole. Nigerians want their country to look like Hong Kong but frown at taxation. No progressive country live on freebies and expect world class infrastructures.If you know of any kindly name one with facts and I will send you $100 asap.We all have a part to play on national development “And so, my fellow Americans (Nigerians): ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country.” JF Kennedy.

Back to the topic: Amaechi is mentally unstable with these statements.Very insensitive rulers who speak without thinking of the consequences of their statement.Why not partition the train and make it into business and economic class then increase the fare for the business class so as to accommodate the Rich who so desire to use the train.

What do you mean by 'appropriate tax?" What kind of strange words are these, sef? Or is there anything called inappropriate tax?

StaffofOrayan:
Just stop with the taxation bullshit, UAE just started taxing her citizens last year, the country's problem has NEVER been lack of money,
''Money is not our problem, but how to spend it'' Gen Yakubu Gowon, 1973.

All the taxes that have been collected over the past few decades, what was done with it? sad Didn't majority of it end up in private pockets and in foreign bank accounts, for many years? angry The problem is that the tax paid so far, has not been used appropriately, in a manner that would benefit the citizens, improve infrastructure and increase the standard of living for our people within this nation...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Akeredolu's Health Causes Anxiety In Ondo / Tinubu Will Lose 2023 Election If……. – APC Chairman, Adamu / My Sacking, Miscarriage Of Justice — Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.