Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,015 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

No Hidden Religious Agenda In My Administration - Buhari Tells Arewa Pastors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Hidden Religious Agenda In My Administration - Buhari Tells Arewa Pastors (363 Views)

Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors / Militants, Boko Haram Frustrated My Administration ― Buhari / Arewa Pastors Visit President Buhari (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

No Hidden Religious Agenda In My Administration - Buhari Tells Arewa Pastors by stephanie11: 6:53pm On Apr 05, 2018
@POLITICSNGR

President Muhammadu Buhari Thursday in Abuja called on religious leaders to work towards the broader goal of building a strong and unified nation, and avoid insinuations that could divide the populace, especially along religious lines.

Receiving a delegation of the Arewa Pastors Non-Denominational Initiative for Peace in Nigeria led by Bishop John Abu Richard, President Buhari said religious leaders have the responsibility of creating an enabling environment for peace and development to thrive.

“Some voices, for political or ethnic reasons are making unguarded statements accusing the government and myself in particular of religious bias.

“Let me assure you, honourable clergymen that this is far from the truth. In my career as a soldier, administrator, and politician, I have never veered from my oath of office.

“When I had the honour to lead a Military Government there were more Christians than Muslims in the Federal Executive Council and the Supreme Military Council.

“This was not by design but I appointed people on their merit without the slightest bias. The present Federal Executive Council is also evenly balanced; again not by design but by respecting and rewarding individual qualities,’’ the President said.

President Buhari noted that he was delighted at the proposition to hold a one-day prayer and fasting meeting for the nation, April 26, 2018, assuring that he would direct the Inspector General of Police to provide adequate security for the gathering.

In his remarks, the leader of the delegation said more than 45,000 pastors in the Northern part of Nigeria had registered with the initiative to use their pulpits for the propagation of the gospel of peace, and shun political distractions.

He urged other pastors to support the administration as it works towards ending the violence in various parts of the country and avoid politically colored sermons.

https://politicsngr.com/islamic-agenda-buhari-told-northern-pastors-aso-rock/
cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: No Hidden Religious Agenda In My Administration - Buhari Tells Arewa Pastors by bjayx: 6:55pm On Apr 05, 2018
And some fools will believe.
Re: No Hidden Religious Agenda In My Administration - Buhari Tells Arewa Pastors by BankeSmalls(f): 6:56pm On Apr 05, 2018
Lies as usual.

1 Like

Re: No Hidden Religious Agenda In My Administration - Buhari Tells Arewa Pastors by limeta(f): 7:03pm On Apr 05, 2018
Hey see as all the pastors dey smile
Buhar get sense past this pastors
Re: No Hidden Religious Agenda In My Administration - Buhari Tells Arewa Pastors by newbornmacho(m): 7:06pm On Apr 05, 2018
End time pastors
Re: No Hidden Religious Agenda In My Administration - Buhari Tells Arewa Pastors by mekaboy(m): 7:08pm On Apr 05, 2018
But u negotiated the release of Muslim girls and left the christian behind.
Re: No Hidden Religious Agenda In My Administration - Buhari Tells Arewa Pastors by Mynd44: 7:28pm On Apr 05, 2018

(1)

All You Should Know About Buhari Denial As A 'religious Bigot' And Arewa Pastors / Osiwa’s Head Of Nigeria Office, Jude Ilo, Detained In Abuja / There Is No Alternative To Buhari In 2019, No Division In APC, Says Uzor-kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.