Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,821 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Evils Of Music - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Evils Of Music (11591 Views)

Two Things That Bring Goodness And Prevent Evils / The Evils Of Interest Based Loans & Mortgages / Prophetic Ways To Protect Your Children From Evils (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evils Of Music by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 13, 2018
iamgenius:

You don't have to say anything about what you have no knowledge of. Don't follow your whims and desires. Music is Haraam.

Moreover, if you truly wish to know about Islam and be guided, you don't talk ill of the Beloved Prophet (peace be upon him) like you said above. Anybody who claims to be a Muslim and doesn't accept the Quran as the word of Allah is a Disbeliever in Allah(Non Muslim).

Don't take your Islam from the media.
so should we hide the truth from reality? What makes me a believer is my believe in conformity with the will of Allah and not some man made wills.
Re: Evils Of Music by benny4wax(m): 2:14pm On Apr 13, 2018
Alajiki:
I can see y'all self acclaimed sons and daughters of God haemorraging over this thred as if it addresses your faith. Why don't y'all shove your hate up your f**king ass and leave the Muslims and Islam alone.
This is my first comment on an Islamic post and its because of your comment. I am a christan, but i have great interest in Islam because of the influence of some good Muslims I have encountered in life. I believe we have the freedom to religion so I won't judge anybody's choice. But let me ask you, do you really think all Music is bad Don't be bias with your answer.

Salam.

1 Like

Re: Evils Of Music by benny4wax(m): 2:17pm On Apr 13, 2018
Lilisticlili:
if quran says "enter fire will u enter?" My dear,if music is haram then it means the device you are using to browse too is haram. Pls do what is morally right,some things in the quran was written out of the cannal knowledge of the prophet and not from Allah.

Don't be decieved
Boko haram says western education is haram and yet they re using Bombs and guns and computers.
My dear,we shouldn't decieve ou selfs,pls stoping quoting if u cnt get my message.

Do what is morally right to your self and the world.
May Almighty Allah continue to bless you.

Salam.

3 Likes

Re: Evils Of Music by bqoND(m): 2:21pm On Apr 13, 2018
KillaBeauty:
What a sad way to live. Religion is indeed a bondage.
Fuçk the declaration on my profile, Jesus remains The only true God.
Jesus and Mohammed are none of our business. they are all based on so much lies. only critical thinking, sound reasoning, the study of science and its application can make us better. allah , jehovah are both mythical middle eastern gods.
Re: Evils Of Music by blantyre: 2:37pm On Apr 13, 2018
My Islam does not explicitly prohibits drums and music. The prophet upon entering the city of Medina was welcomed with duff drum and song of praise and besides there are hadiths on people singing songs and poems during his time. All the prohibitions the poster was talking about are mere inferences whereas Allah says all that is halal and haram are quite open. BY THE SCHOLARS NAMES MENTIONED IN THE POST, WHERE THE POSTER IS COMING FROM IS CLEAR, IT IS THE WAHABI SALAFI IDEOLOGY NOT ISLAM'S. Music just like any other thing can be haram if what is being sang is immoral etc

1 Like

Re: Evils Of Music by iamgenius(m): 4:14pm On Apr 13, 2018
Lilisticlili:
so should we hide the truth from reality? What makes me a believer is my believe in conformity with the will of Allah and not some man made wills.

I think you don't know what TRUTH and REALITY means as far as Islam is concerned.
The reality of Islam can't all be equal to what we human being think always.
It is good for you to be sincere to Allah in your faith, this will help you attain the true meaning of Faith in Allah. The prophet(peace be upon him) said: The Religion is SINCERITY, his companions(may Allah be pleased with them) asked: Towards who? He(peace be upon him) replied: To Allah and his Prophet...

This means, whatever is confirmed to be said by Allah(The Quran) and his Prophet should be followed even if we don't like it(THAT IS WHAT SUBMISSION IS).

Help yourself with the pillars of Islam https://islamqa.info/en/13569

Faith in Allah has six pillars which make us Muslims. You lack these.

Don't let the Media define Islam for you.
Re: Evils Of Music by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:34pm On Apr 13, 2018
zakari247:
no they are intellectuals of their time. and I am an intellectual of my time so it is foolish to say they are more intelligent than myself or me of themselves. with the details we had today we got understand better of embryology in the Qur'an and cosmology as portrayed in suratul yasin. these guy wouldn't have sure known these. so intelligence is best described at the time you leave. I said some music are harram and not all. and look the Qur'an it such a book that don't just need scholars, it also needs reasoning, conformance of the human paradigm, history and time. the Qur'an it not rigid. I know exactly that verse that made you think it was prohibited. but actually it was not a prohibition but a warning to those who use it to pass slander and as the poor character of those who engaged in it. if you must quote me please do that in respect to my point and stop been a sophist.and last stop going emotional in argument those madzhabs were humans whom dedicated their time to study but who is more intelligent Allah alone knows. was ibilis not intelligent but was he more than the other created being. or are these created being more intelligent. if really want to understand intelligence to readbooks of harun yahaya. his a Turkish and his book specifically intelligence in creation. and don't forget the Qur'an in two part, the specific and the unspecific. the specifics are are the established laws of Shari'a they are not debatable in Islam while the later we can only give a near guess from qiyas, and the best decision arrived at is based on the majority of the scholars but that yet can not be completely true given that only Allah knows the interpretation.

You are an intellectual of your time! Anyways that's to you! I only regard those 1st three generations the prophet mentioned.
OK, I think i will stop being emotional and go straight to the Qur'an verses that was interpreted to forbid Music by those who heard the Qur'an from the messenger of Allah.

Allaah says in Soorat Luqmaan (interpretation of the meaning):

“And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. music, singing) to mislead (men) from the path of Allaah…” [Luqmaan 31:6]

The scholar of the ummah, Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: this means singing. Mujaahid (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: this means playing the drum (tabl). (Tafseer al-Tabari, 21/40).

Al-Hasan al-Basri (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: this aayah was revealed concerning singing and musical instruments (lit. woodwind instruments). (Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 3/451).

Al-Sa’di (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: this includes all manner of haraam speech, all idle talk and falsehood, and all nonsense that encourages kufr and disobedience; the words of those who say things to refute the truth and argue in support of falsehood to defeat the truth; and backbiting, slander, lies, insults and curses; the singing and musical instruments of the Shaytaan; and musical instruments which are of no spiritual or worldly benefit. (Tafseer al-Sa’di, 6/150)

And i am not talking about scientific research here...there can be advancement. But concerning acts of worship, there can never be any advancement otherwise it's Bid'ia (innovation) which is rejected. We are created to worship Allah alone and not for melodies!

So are you claiming Music is part of the debatable verses of the Qur'an and Hadith?
Re: Evils Of Music by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:35pm On Apr 13, 2018
zakari247:
ya akhi these is our problem in Islam where we hold the view of some schools of thoughts or madzababs as divine. while it is true that Islam prohibits music involving immorality and idle tales. Music is beyond what all the madzahabs thinks they are not as exposed to diversity and history coupled with deep reasoning. its not possible that a human with listen to Qur'an for every without listening to other things for enjoyments. music are used in marriages, in festivals, music was used by black Africans to protests against their white masters. don't forget when a young lad was singing and dancing in the prophet house and abubakar objected the prophet told him to allow her for ever people with her culture. look the human soul is very flexible with choice and wallahi you can take one thing out without replacing it with another. Allah said no zinna and the only true alternative was marriage "nikkah". for bad and harram music the alternative is the good music of naseed .the human soul is naturally attracted to sound. the problem here is how good is the sound. we use music to teach children thing and they grap the concept faster. I'm a teacher and I know what I'm saying. so its high time we start applying reasoning from a diverse sense than hook our self with rigidity of some men who we think are more intelligent to ever other men.

And i do not hold any Madhab to be divine. If you read the first paragraph of the post well you will see i said "the Muslim Books"...
Re: Evils Of Music by finofaya: 5:57pm On Apr 13, 2018
Apparently I'm now a Muslim. As a Muslim let me tell you that the adhan in my office premises is sung and is evil. According to the Prophet (SAW): ﺍﻟﻠﻬﻢ ﺻــﻞ ﻋﻠٰﯽ ﻣﺤﻤﺪ ﻭ ﻋﻠٰﯽ ﺁﻝ ﻣﺤﻤﺪ، ﻛﻤﺎ ﺻﻠﻴﺖ ﻋﻠٰﯽ ﺇﺑﺮﺍﻫﻴﻢ ﻭ ﻋﻠﻰ ﺁﻝ ﺇﺑﺮﺍﻫﻴﻢ ﺍﻧﻚ ﺣَﻤِﻴﺪٌ ﻣَجيد. ﺍﻟﻠﻬﻢ ﺑﺎﺭﻙ ﻋﻠٰﯽ ﻣﺤﻤﺪ ﻭ ﻋﻠٰﯽ ﺁﻝ ﻣﺤﻤﺪ ﻛﻤﺎ ﺑﺎﺭﻛﺖ ﻋﻠٰﯽ ﺇﺑﺮﺍﻫﻴﻢ ﻭ ﻋﻠﻰ ﺁﻝ ﺇﺑﺮﺍﻫﻴﻢ ﺍﻧﻚ ﺣﻤﻴﺪ ﻣﺠﻴﺪ. Salam
Re: Evils Of Music by Almost1122: 6:06pm On Apr 13, 2018
finofaya:
Apparently I'm now a Muslim. As a Muslim let me tell you that the adhan in my office premises is sung and is evil. According to the Prophet (SAW): ﺍﻟﻠﻬﻢ ﺻــﻞ ﻋﻠٰﯽ ﻣﺤﻤﺪ ﻭ ﻋﻠٰﯽ ﺁﻝ ﻣﺤﻤﺪ، ﻛﻤﺎ ﺻﻠﻴﺖ ﻋﻠٰﯽ ﺇﺑﺮﺍﻫﻴﻢ ﻭ ﻋﻠﻰ ﺁﻝ ﺇﺑﺮﺍﻫﻴﻢ ﺍﻧﻚ ﺣَﻤِﻴﺪٌ ﻣَجيد. ﺍﻟﻠﻬﻢ ﺑﺎﺭﻙ ﻋﻠٰﯽ ﻣﺤﻤﺪ ﻭ ﻋﻠٰﯽ ﺁﻝ ﻣﺤﻤﺪ ﻛﻤﺎ ﺑﺎﺭﻛﺖ ﻋﻠٰﯽ ﺇﺑﺮﺍﻫﻴﻢ ﻭ ﻋﻠﻰ ﺁﻝ ﺇﺑﺮﺍﻫﻴﻢ ﺍﻧﻚ ﺣﻤﻴﺪ ﻣﺠﻴﺪ. Salam

which religion are you practicing before?
Re: Evils Of Music by Abdullahi4u7(m): 6:28pm On Apr 13, 2018
KillaBeauty:
What a sad way to live. Religion is indeed a bondage.
Fuçk the declaration on my profile, Jesus remains The only true God.
Jesus? True God? Even in this century where a five-year-old is sensible? Haba!
Re: Evils Of Music by Fkhalifa(m): 9:28pm On Apr 13, 2018
Hmmmm, issue of music in Islam is highly controversial...

I believe many Muslims will find it so hard to do away with music,its something that has been part of us.
Re: Evils Of Music by basugar441(m): 9:36pm On Apr 13, 2018
Lilisticlili:
Am a muslim but archaic middle East practice is not right ,I only follow anything right inthe quran so far it moral. Music is good,it a stress reliever,what is bad sexual and immoral musics.But good music with good lyics re good.

Am not a muslim fanatic,am educated nd I know wong from. Rights.

Quote me but red my signture first

@ the bolded, are there some things in the Quran that are wrong?

If yes, you are indirectly implying that Allah is not perfect and the Prophet was fallible?
Music is haram according to the consensus of the Scholars. It is explicitly registered in the Qurán to be Haram. What more do you want. Do you want to start cherry-picking the Qur'an?

1 Like

Re: Evils Of Music by basugar441(m): 9:46pm On Apr 13, 2018
Lilisticlili:

And what makes you think your believe is in conformity with the wills of Allah? Allah prohibits Music explicitly in the Quran, Allah mentioned also in the Quran that the Prophet does not have knowledge of the Unseen and he speaks only what Allah orders him to. He never speaks out of his own desire.

Yet you still claim some things in the Qurán are from the Prophets desire... Subhanallah!!!

Please learn and practice the Islam correctly. MA SALAM

2 Likes

Re: Evils Of Music by Onechancearmy(m): 8:48am On Apr 14, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

If intelligence was banned in Islam then you wont be able to list 1,2,3,4 as above. Arabic Numerals are from where?

By equal rights, do you mean a ship have two commanders with equal rights?

Football is not banned in and of itself! Betting, alcohol, indecent dressing and some other actions that usually follows it are what is banned.

I think it's evident who doesn't have common sense here.

If intelligence is not banned in Islam, why is music evil, but a 54 year old man raping a 9 year old girl in the name of marriage is okay?

If intelligence is not banned in Islam tell me why ISIS regularly bombs football viewing centers, tell me also why for the past 3 months, ISIS has been releasing messages that they intend to assassinate Lionel Messi? How has Messi offended MUDSlimes?

If intelligence is not banned in Islam, how did a man like this become a "prophet" that is followed blindly by millions of people:

Narrated Qatada:
Anas bin Malik said, "The Prophet used to have sex with all his wives in a round, during the day and night and they were eleven in number." I asked Anas, "Had the Prophet the strength for it?" Anas replied, "We used to say that the Prophet was given the strength of thirty (men)." And Sa'id said on the authority of Qatada that Anas had told him about nine wives only (not eleven). (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 5, Number 268)

Narrated Anas bin Malik:
The Prophet used to have sex with all his wives in one night and he had nine wives at that time. (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 5, Number 282; see also parallel hadiths in Vol. 7, Book 62, Numbers 6 and 142)

Sunan Abu Dawud 3991—Abu Dharr said: I was sitting behind the Apostle of Allah who was riding a donkey while the sun was setting. He asked: Do you know where this sets? I replied: Allah and his Apostle know best. He said: It sets in a spring of warm water.

One would think that 1.4 billion people would be smart enough to figure out the difference between the truth and a fake charlatan but when it comes to Islam, intelligence grows wings and flies out of the head of 99.9% of all muslims.

1 Like

Re: Evils Of Music by Alajiki(m): 12:06pm On Apr 14, 2018
twilliamx:

Note saying f**king ass is haram. They might for you ass soon

Shove your f**king note up your f**king ass. I ain't giving no f**king shit about a frigging note. You're not gonna tell me what is haram and halal. Stay on your f**king lane. Inugo?
Re: Evils Of Music by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:10pm On Apr 14, 2018
Onechancearmy:

If intelligence is not banned in Islam, why is music evil, but a 54 year old man raping a 9 year old girl in the name of marriage is okay?

If intelligence is not banned in Islam tell me why ISIS regularly bombs football viewing centers, tell me also why for the past 3 months, ISIS has been releasing messages that they intend to assassinate Lionel Messi? How has Messi offended MUDSlimes?

If intelligence is not banned in Islam, how did a man like this become a "prophet" that is followed blindly by millions of people:

Narrated Qatada:
Anas bin Malik said, "The Prophet used to have sex with all his wives in a round, during the day and night and they were eleven in number." I asked Anas, "Had the Prophet the strength for it?" Anas replied, "We used to say that the Prophet was given the strength of thirty (men)." And Sa'id said on the authority of Qatada that Anas had told him about nine wives only (not eleven). (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 5, Number 268)

Narrated Anas bin Malik:
The Prophet used to have sex with all his wives in one night and he had nine wives at that time. (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 5, Number 282; see also parallel hadiths in Vol. 7, Book 62, Numbers 6 and 142)

Sunan Abu Dawud 3991—Abu Dharr said: I was sitting behind the Apostle of Allah who was riding a donkey while the sun was setting. He asked: Do you know where this sets? I replied: Allah and his Apostle know best. He said: It sets in a spring of warm water.

One would think that 1.4 billion people would be smart enough to figure out the difference between the truth and a fake charlatan but when it comes to Islam, intelligence grows wings and flies out of the head of 99.9% of all muslims.

Open another thread and tag me then will i debunk all your claims! and show you how you misinterpreted the text and how you cherrypick from your own scriptures!

An example is from Numbers where your Gods ordered 17"Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately. 18"But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves.

Alternatively your three in one Gods wants them to rape virgins too? Why kill only males? Jesus is partial abi?
Here you are just trying to derail a thread!
Re: Evils Of Music by tintingz(m): 4:43pm On Apr 15, 2018
iamgenius:

I think you don't know what TRUTH and REALITY means as far as Islam is concerned.
The reality of Islam can't all be equal to what we human being think always.
It is good for you to be sincere to Allah in your faith, this will help you attain the true meaning of Faith in Allah. The prophet(peace be upon him) said: The Religion is SINCERITY, his companions(may Allah be pleased with them) asked: Towards who? He(peace be upon him) replied: To Allah and his Prophet...

This means, whatever is confirmed to be said by Allah(The Quran) and his Prophet should be followed even if we don't like it(THAT IS WHAT SUBMISSION IS).

Help yourself with the pillars of Islam https://islamqa.info/en/13569

Faith in Allah has six pillars which make us Muslims. You lack these.

Don't let the Media define Islam for you.

The bolded in your post shows how caged and brainwashed you are, the stoic syndrome is really manifesting in you.

And can you tell us your reality in Islam?

1 Like

Re: Evils Of Music by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:47pm On Apr 15, 2018
tintingz:
The bolded in your post shows how caged and brainwashed you are, the stoic syndrome is really manifesting in you.

And can you tell us your reality in Islam?

Abeg wetin be your problem? Shey na your cage? The laws says there's Freedom of religion and you choose to be without one is that our fault? Stop detailing the thread. last warning!

cc sissie
Re: Evils Of Music by tintingz(m): 9:29pm On Apr 15, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

Abeg wetin be your problem? Shey na your cage? The laws says there's Freedom of religion and you choose to be without one is that our fault? Stop detailing the thread. last warning!

cc sissie
The law also said "freedom of speech" I've every right to criticize your religion, it's a public matter and open to public Criticism, how many times will i educate you people?

Last warning my foot.

3 Likes

Re: Evils Of Music by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:39pm On Apr 15, 2018
tintingz:
The law also said "freedom of speech" I've every right to criticize your religion, it's a public matter and open to public Criticism, how many times will i educate you people?

Last warning my foot.

You are also a liar! You claimed you believed in Allah and Muhammad as His messenger to get here yet you are an atheist!

Atheist are liars! They obviously have no moral code as well as a religion!

Sissie
Re: Evils Of Music by realjane: 1:37am On Apr 16, 2018
What Surah and ayat does it state music is banned? The recitation of the Quran is melodious in itself... poetic n melodic. Although not poetry or music.. The simple beat of ones own heart is likened to the sound or beat of a drum. The universe is all connected.
Re: Evils Of Music by tintingz(m): 10:54am On Apr 16, 2018
The Mods here are obviously bias, this Muslim guy called me a liar, atheists liars that have no morality but when I throw same at him, my post was quickly hidden.

This Muslim guy has freedom to criticize and throw slanderous words at atheism but atheists can't do same to Islam, weldon, this is not new anyway. grin

1 Like

Re: Evils Of Music by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:10pm On Apr 16, 2018
tintingz:

Last warning my foot.

You are a liar! You lied you are a Muslim to be here in this section! But you are really an atheist! Well, you have no moral code as well as you have no religion!

undecided lipsrsealed
Yes, Because i am a Muslim in a Muslim section while you are an atheist in a Muslim section!
Re: Evils Of Music by tintingz(m): 3:43pm On Apr 16, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

You are a liar! You lied you are a Muslim to be here in this section! But you are really an atheist! Well, you have no moral code as well as you have no religion!

undecided lipsrsealed
Yes, Because i am a Muslim in a Muslim section while you are an atheist in a Muslim section!
You are really having a problem, what were you doing in religion section when your section(Islam section) is isolated? Why not Stick to your Islam section and don't go to the religion section to criticize other faith for your god.

You're liar and a hypocrites!

I don't lie to be a Muslim here(when you well know I'm an atheist), I'm forced to click on that stuff to comment here. You're just so ignorant to know this is a public forum.
Re: Evils Of Music by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:57pm On Apr 16, 2018
tintingz:
You are really having a problem, what were you doing in religion section when your section(Islam section) is isolated? Why not Stick to your Islam section and don't go to the religion section to criticize other faith for your god.

You're liar and a hypocrites!

I don't lie to be a Muslim here(when you well know I'm an atheist), I'm forced to click on that stuff to comment here. You're just so ignorant to know this is a public forum.

cool cool cool Islam is a religion while atheism aint a religion! I can be here or there! But you belong nowhere! Abeg! lipsrsealed
Re: Evils Of Music by tintingz(m): 4:06pm On Apr 16, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

cool cool cool Islam is a religion while atheism aint a religion! I can be here or there! But you belong nowhere! Abeg! lipsrsealed
Yes atheism ain't a religion but an opposition of religious doctrines and philosophies/theology which is the debate of the "existence of God or every other divine entities", so I wonder where do you wanna find athiests since no section was created for them?

Islam is a religion ofcos I know that, your section was specifically created for you muslims(just because y'all can't take critics), so what again are you doing in religion secion criticizing other faiths? Aren't you a hypocrite?
Re: Evils Of Music by Rashduct4luv(m): 4:31pm On Apr 16, 2018
tintingz:
Yes atheism ain't a religion but an opposition of religious doctrines and philosophies/theology which is the debate of the "existence of God or every other divine entities", so I wonder where do you wanna find athiests since no section was created for them?

Islam is a religion ofcos I know that, your section was specifically created for you muslims(just because y'all can't take critics), so what again are you doing in religion secion criticizing other faiths? Aren't you a hypocrite?

I'm not a hypocrite you are!
Re: Evils Of Music by tintingz(m): 4:46pm On Apr 16, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

I'm not a hypocrite you are!
You're a hypocrite, just accept it and move on.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"My Faith In Islam Is Nearly Gone" - Any Advice For Her? / Muslim Converts / Motivational Quotes From Nouman Ali Khan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.