Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,950 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

APC Crisis: Oyegun Launches Counter Moves, Calls Tinubu’s Bluff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Crisis: Oyegun Launches Counter Moves, Calls Tinubu’s Bluff (581 Views)

David Lyon Calls Tinubu "My Leader" During Visit / Throwback Photo Of Buhari, Oyegun, Others Protesting On The Streets On Nov 2014, / Oyegun Begins Re-election Moves, Calls Tinubu’s Bluff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

APC Crisis: Oyegun Launches Counter Moves, Calls Tinubu’s Bluff by israeldy(m): 12:02pm On Apr 06, 2018
Embattled National chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, John Odigie Oyegun has launched counter moves to tackle his possible removal as chairman of the party. Oyegun has reportedly gone underground and is scheming to retain his position as chairman in the forthcoming party convention scheduled for June 2018. It will be recalled that Oyegun and the national leader of the party, Bola Ahmed Tinubu have been at loggerheads over the tenure extension of the NWC committee of the party. It is believed that the anti-Oyegun forces within the party are being led by Tinubu. Sources reveal to PoliticsNGR that Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi state and Governor Rotimi Akeredolu are at the forefront. Speaking with newsmen after Tuesday’s meeting with President Buhari, Rochas Okorocha, Chairman of APC Governors’ Forum and governor of Imo State, confirmed Oyegun’s plan to seek re-election when he clarified some points. He said: “But let me correct one impression, the issue of congress and convention does not mean that the previous people who have served the party have done badly, and it does not mean that they cannot come back, or that they cannot re-contest. That is not it. We are simply saying that their tenure has ended and those who wish to re-contest can re-contest and can be elected to our party structure. “So, we are all one as a family and we are set to go for the 2019 elections in victory .” However, Oyegun has denied claims that Tinubu played a role in his emergence as chairman saying that no single individual assisted him to occupy the prized position. He told journalists in Benin; “I don’t believe one particular person solely assisted me to this position, everybody assisted me and, someday, the story of how I became chairman of APC will be told. You will then see that everybody did assist me to become national chairman. This means that I am there for everybody. I don’t belong to any camp in the APC. I belong to all members of APC, high and below” Oyegun had said.

Re: APC Crisis: Oyegun Launches Counter Moves, Calls Tinubu’s Bluff by bjayx: 12:05pm On Apr 06, 2018
Tinubu helped Oyegun, ikimi would v been chairman

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomhole:when I Said They Stole A Lot, They Paid Writers To Ask How I Knew / Senator Godswill Akpabio Installed As The New Chancellor Of Ritman University / Why I Want To Represent Delta South In The Senate - Uduaghan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.