Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,259 members, 7,818,884 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

My Husband’s Family And Their Twisted Culture Of Adultery - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Husband’s Family And Their Twisted Culture Of Adultery (476 Views)

See How Polygamist Have Secretly Changed The Meaning Of Adultery / The true definition of adultery according to the Jewish Bible / How My Husband Died — Evelyn, TB Joshua’s Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband’s Family And Their Twisted Culture Of Adultery by Kumar4india: 5:52pm On Apr 06, 2018
Hello LS,

Please help me post my story. You can use any name but not my name please.

I am married to a man from Middle belt in Nigeria. We met at work,we work in the same company. Its almost three years of marriage now and I am pregnant with my second baby. My husband’s elder brother came to stay with us when he was briefly deployed to Lagos. He is in the police force,I dont want to mention his rank but he is a senior officer.

This my husband’s brother began to display certain behavior that I am not comfortable with. He will just come inside my bedroom without knocking. He does anything he likes without asking. He said,in their culture ,that men are free to see any woman in the family as their wife. So if he chose to sleep with me,he has a right to do so. I thought he was joking but my husband confirmed it. I told him that can never happen with me. My husband said something unbelievable,that he has ..........

https://livelystones.com.ng/my-husbands-family-and-their-twisted-culture-of-adultery/
Re: My Husband’s Family And Their Twisted Culture Of Adultery by CuteMadridista: 5:57pm On Apr 06, 2018
Laclicklabreak

2 Likes

Re: My Husband’s Family And Their Twisted Culture Of Adultery by Kumar4india: 6:15pm On May 20, 2018
Hmm
Re: My Husband’s Family And Their Twisted Culture Of Adultery by shumax: 12:23pm On May 21, 2018
Hmmmmmm!!! I'm from the middle belt and It is true that most cultures in the middle belt see their brothers wives as theirs but it has nothing to do with sexual intimacy, it's just an off shot of cultural practise from the past, where as a man you are expected to watch out for and care for your brothers spouse's and kids. Till today if you refer to my cousins as nephews or nieces to my dad he'd get angry he'd say " My brothers kids are my kids".

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 13/04/18 / Nigeria May Cease To Exist If Killings Continue, Adeboye Tells Buhari / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.