Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,030 members, 7,866,896 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:45 AM

Nigeria Peace Index Unveiled,as Osun,kogi Emerged Most Peaceful States In Nig - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Peace Index Unveiled,as Osun,kogi Emerged Most Peaceful States In Nig (2027 Views)

Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman / Top 5 Most Peaceful States In Nigeria By Politics Nigeria / Pictures Of Saraki Swearing In Ademola Adeleke As Osun-west Senator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Peace Index Unveiled,as Osun,kogi Emerged Most Peaceful States In Nig by Strikethem: 10:12pm On Apr 06, 2018
ruggedized1:
Whenever I think of osun, what comes to my mind is village filled with mud houses and rustic roofs. cheesy
I am not from osun though, but keep posting osun 1950s pictures to show how you are pained with the news grin

Re: Nigeria Peace Index Unveiled,as Osun,kogi Emerged Most Peaceful States In Nig by deomelo: 10:17pm On Apr 06, 2018
Strikethem:
I am not from osun though, but keep posting osun 1950s pictures to show how you are pained with the news grin

That one is just a pained nuisance hence why I ignored that troll.

grin grin
Re: Nigeria Peace Index Unveiled,as Osun,kogi Emerged Most Peaceful States In Nig by deomelo: 10:19pm On Apr 06, 2018

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Peace Index Unveiled,as Osun,kogi Emerged Most Peaceful States In Nig by Sctests: 10:42pm On Apr 06, 2018
Immediately I saw this.....

The Executive Director of Foundation
for Peace Professionals (FPP),
Ambassador Abdulrazaq O Hamzat
explained that, ‘’measuring peace....

I knew the yoruba muslim fake statisticians have cooked their usual revisionist statistics through their phoney NGO sponsored by Aregbe and APC because of upcoming elections. grin

Who would you believe, UN documented statistics or one Abdulrazaq Hamzat yoruba muslim conjured statistics ?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Peace Index Unveiled,as Osun,kogi Emerged Most Peaceful States In Nig by mrrights: 8:34am On Apr 07, 2018
givan:
No piss in Nigeria since the inspection of buharism!

With all the dino-bello mini war, kogi still paid it way through when workers salary is still pending!

Op, tell us true, how much do you think bello paid for this list
givan:
No piss in Nigeria since the inspection of buharism!

With all the dino-bello mini war, kogi still paid it way through when workers salary is still pending!

Op, tell us true, how much do you think bello paid for this list

Bello does not even know an index has been conducted. Sorry
Re: Nigeria Peace Index Unveiled,as Osun,kogi Emerged Most Peaceful States In Nig by rainylad(f): 8:44am On Apr 07, 2018
Afonja-muslim/Lagos -Ibadan media of lies and falsehood has come again...I see one oblong skull saying that SW is the peaceful...Yeah i agree,skull-minning which an hourly occurance there is a crime in SW afterall undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Peace Index Unveiled,as Osun,kogi Emerged Most Peaceful States In Nig by mrrights: 8:48am On Apr 07, 2018
rainylad:

Afonja-muslim/Lagos -Ibadan media of lies and falsehood has come again...I see one oblong skull saying that SW is the peaceful...Yeah i agree,skull-minning which an hourly occurance there is a crime in SW afterall undecided

So, to your mind, only crime constitute lack of peace? Hum
Re: Nigeria Peace Index Unveiled,as Osun,kogi Emerged Most Peaceful States In Nig by mrrights: 8:50am On Apr 07, 2018
Sctests:
Immediately I saw this.....

I knew the yoruba muslim fake statisticians have cooked their usual revisionist statistics through their phoney NGO sponsored by Aregbe and APC because of upcoming elections. grin

Who would you believe, UN documented statistics or one Abdulrazaq Hamzat yoruba muslim statistics ?

Which UN report are you referring to? To my understanding, there has never been any of such index in Nigeria. This is the first. Meanwhile, you can share the link of the UN report if it exist. Thanks
Re: Nigeria Peace Index Unveiled,as Osun,kogi Emerged Most Peaceful States In Nig by Strikethem: 9:07am On Apr 07, 2018
rainylad:

Do you know that 50% of the crime in the southwest are committed by your people Mrs yamlegged bush lady. If you want me to prove it to you, I will gladly do that. No one expects this news to go well with you. WHO said, your tribe is the dirtiest in the world, I guess they are Lagos Ibadan media as well. Aterall, in southwest, they don't derive pleasure in human delicacy like their eastern counterparts.

Re: Nigeria Peace Index Unveiled,as Osun,kogi Emerged Most Peaceful States In Nig by mpianya39(m): 9:12am On Apr 07, 2018
mrrights:
Nigeria Peace Index unveiled, as Osun and Kogi emerged most peaceful states in Nigeria
https://mrrightsng..com.ng/2018/04/nigeria-peace-index-unveiled-as-osun.html

Foundation for Peace Professionals (FPP), an independent Non Governmental Organizations (NGO) has publicly unveiled the much
anticipated Nigeria Peace Index (NPI) research and the index came with some shocking revelation. Nigeria Peace Index (NPI) is the first
national peace index in Nigeria focused on measuring peace tendencies through foundational indices.

In the Nigeria Peace Index (NPI) publicly unveiled in Abuja on Friday, Osun and Kogi State emerged as the 2 most peaceful states in Nigeria,
followed by Ekiti, Kwara and Imo State, which emerged as 3rd, 4th and 5th most peaceful states respectively. The index also revealed that
Yobe, Kebbi, Bauchi, Zamfara and Sokoto State are the five least peaceful states in Nigeria. This is apart from Borno State that was
not considered in the research due to insufficient data and the Boko Haram red light.

The Executive Director of Foundation for Peace Professionals (FPP), Ambassador Abdulrazaq O Hamzat explained that, ‘’measuring peace at
the national level allows a country to assess the social, political and economic factors that create peace.

He also noted further that, ‘’human attitudes, which often impede peace is a total summation of human life experiences, which if improved upon may lead to a more peaceful society, and failure of which leaves us with constant unrest’’.

Explaining the methodology used in developing the index, Abdulrazaq stated that, In attempting to rate the level of peace in Nigeria, NPI
investigated the extent to which states experience social, economic,political and environmental factors that either hinders or promote
peace.

Five broad indicators were adopted for the index and they include,Level of Poverty, Crime Rate, Level of Education, Rate of Human Rights
Abuses and Level of Incarceration.

‘’We collected data for year 2010-2016, an average of which gives us the result of Nigeria peace Index 2017’’ He said.

Abdulrazaq also added that, ‘’The NPI was referenced in a special report presented at the United Nations in 2017 by United Network of
Young Peace builders titled ‘’Mapping a Sector: Bridging the Evidence Gap on Youth-Driven Peace building’’.

Speaking about regional performances, South West emerged as most peaceful region in Nigeria, having 2 of its states, Osun and Ekiti as
1st and 3rd most peaceful states on the Nigeria Peace Index.

‘’Additionally, the South South region, despite the activities of militancy groups still has more tendency of peace than South East,
North Central, North West and North East region. Abdulrazaq said.

The representative of Statistician General of the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), Mr Ichedi S.J also commended the efforts of FPP,
stating that the organizations effort is an attempt to begin the process of changing Nigeria’s narrative. While urging FPP to seek
collaboration and endorsement from statutory government agencies, he assured them of the willingness of NBS to provide all necessary
support in the future.

Engr. Chinedu Okpalanma, Co-Convener of Citizens Action To Take Back Nigeria (CATBAN) who unveiled the document expressed delight with the
effort put into the index.

According to him, this excellent research work came at a time when Nigeria dearly need peace in its quest for nation building and this
important report will go along way in shaping our perception as well as provide appropriate policy direction for peace building.

Okpalanma further added that, It is not an over statement to say that,Nigeria Peace Index is a significant initiative within the context of
efforts aimed at not only tackling insecurity, but also at building peace, an integral part of the Nation Building process.

He recommended the document to both federal and state government, policy makers, academic institutions and international organizations
as a useful tool in informing their actions and processes.
END

Zoogaria Lagos ibadan expressway media house grin grin grin

Not surprise at all undecided
Re: Nigeria Peace Index Unveiled,as Osun,kogi Emerged Most Peaceful States In Nig by blazhykowskyi(m): 10:00am On Apr 07, 2018
lumenkristy:
Do not allow South East matter to take your life, in case you don't know, there's no amount of envy or jealous that will make you greater than a single South Easterner. Going by your post on different topics, it shows you have a lot of bitterness and hatred for the Igbos in your heart. My advice to you in particular is that you should pause and think how this hatred has improved your life, hatred is a killer, it can trigger heart attack via hormone secretions. You will never win award for hating, by hating and filty speech you are making yourself a willing tool in the hands of the devil. You will remain Deomole if you mind your business and let the Igbos be.

Are you serious? Can't you see it's your brothers that invaded this thread with their hatred for Yoruba?

You guys always cry persecution after causing trouble.

What kind of animals are you people?

I've stopped taking you people serious.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Peace Index Unveiled,as Osun,kogi Emerged Most Peaceful States In Nig by bilms(m): 11:29am On Apr 07, 2018
hum
Re: Nigeria Peace Index Unveiled,as Osun,kogi Emerged Most Peaceful States In Nig by bilms(m): 3:12pm On Apr 07, 2018
shocked
Re: Nigeria Peace Index Unveiled,as Osun,kogi Emerged Most Peaceful States In Nig by mrrights: 7:19pm On Apr 07, 2018
cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fayemi Allied, Barrister Kole Ajayi, Is Dead / Saraki LED Npdp To Osinbajo Wants His Victimization To Stop / Breaking!!! IPOB Announces Biafra REFERENDUM Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.