Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Abdullahi Shuaibu Jailed Two Years For Robbery (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Abdullahi Shuaibu Jailed Two Years For Robbery (Photo) (15227 Views)

Dismissed Soldier Who Shot Commander, Nabbed For Robbery [Photo] / I Established Business For My Wife, Bought Car After Robbery [Photo] / Benue JSS2 Student Wearing Military Uniform Arrested For Robbery (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abdullahi Shuaibu Jailed Two Years For Robbery (Photo) by activistjohnny(m): 7:33am On Apr 07, 2018
Manhattan sentenced Abdullahi Shuaibu, 53, who worked at the UN in 2013, to two years in prison after an exhaustive plea agreement with the court.
It was a stunning defeat for the prosecutor who had asked that Shuaibu be sentenced to five years under the indictment.

Shuaibu pleaded guilty to one count of Attempted Robbery in the Second Degree; one count of Robbery in the Third Degree, a non-violent offense; and two counts of Grand Larceny, also non-violence offense. Grand larceny, also known as a grand theft, is the intentional taking of someone’s property or business under illegal conditions.

Shuaibu received two years for the one count of Attempted Robbery in the Second Degree and one year for the Robbery in the This Degree and one year for the Grand Larceny to run concurrent with the two years sentence. Therefore, Shuiabu is expected to be released from jail in about six months, having been arrested on April 18, 2017 for a string of bank robberies in New York.
He was initially charged with robbery in the first degree, where he was facing 15 years in jail, according to his lawyer, Olayinka DanSalami.

However, the prosecutor was unable to sustain that charge before the grand jury, explained his other lawyer, Tim Pruitt, who represented him at arraignment. During the plea negotiation with the court, the court had offered Shuaibu one year prison term, but the judge changed her mind after the prosecutor submitted to the court a letter purportedly written by Shuaibu to obtain an office in New York.

The defense attorneys had contested the accuracy of the letter and informed the court that the prosecution produced the letter because they were still upset that they were unable to get Shuaibu on a more serious charge However, the court refused to re-offer its original offer of one year. Rather than pleading to just one count under the indictment, the prosecutor also insisted that Shuiabu must plead guilty to all the four counts under the indictment.

At that point, his lawyers suggested to him to re-consider his position to plead guilty and go to trial, but Shuaibu was very tired of staying in prison without knowing what going on trial would hold. DanSalami said he would have preferred a sentence of probation or one year at the most, even though the plea was a good plea in the realm of things. After the sentencing, Pruitt advised Shuaibu of his right to appeal and one of his paralegals met with Shuiabu to go over the appeal process.
https://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2018/04/former-un-staff-abdullahi-shuaibu.html?m=0

Re: Abdullahi Shuaibu Jailed Two Years For Robbery (Photo) by Enmas078(m): 11:34am On Apr 07, 2018
Eeyah
Re: Abdullahi Shuaibu Jailed Two Years For Robbery (Photo) by BruncleZuma: 11:34am On Apr 07, 2018
Good riddance...

[img]https://i./73zh.gif[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Abdullahi Shuaibu Jailed Two Years For Robbery (Photo) by ojmaroni247(m): 11:34am On Apr 07, 2018
Isorai... Meanwhile I got a Benz 814 truck open back for sale in Portharcourt @ 1.350m, good for block industries, mid_heavy goods.. Click the link https://www.nairaland.com/4269273/reg-benz-814-truck-long

4 Likes

Re: Abdullahi Shuaibu Jailed Two Years For Robbery (Photo) by Jesusworks(m): 11:37am On Apr 07, 2018
Am very happy i have finish to learning in my english lesson classes and now i can commenting on nairaland to sharing my what am thinking,

1 Like

Re: Abdullahi Shuaibu Jailed Two Years For Robbery (Photo) by bestman09(m): 11:37am On Apr 07, 2018
ok
Re: Abdullahi Shuaibu Jailed Two Years For Robbery (Photo) by Olalan(m): 11:39am On Apr 07, 2018
Greed got the better part of him, cause by all standards he has a very good job so many wish to have

1 Like

Re: Abdullahi Shuaibu Jailed Two Years For Robbery (Photo) by haywire07(m): 11:39am On Apr 07, 2018
So Hausas sef dey abroad dey behave like igbo

2 Likes

Re: Abdullahi Shuaibu Jailed Two Years For Robbery (Photo) by IdeyFindWife: 11:41am On Apr 07, 2018
Chai, with all the opportunity accessible to him? Next thing na to enter penitentiary for arss-hole reconstruction surgery courtesy of preeks shocked

Any village-inspired spirit of Grace-to-Grass trailing us this year, oyah, #DieByFire!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdullahi Shuaibu Jailed Two Years For Robbery (Photo) by PrinzEleju: 11:42am On Apr 07, 2018
Nigerians cannot divorce crimes from their day to day activities.SHAME!

2 Likes

Re: Abdullahi Shuaibu Jailed Two Years For Robbery (Photo) by itzmoni(m): 11:43am On Apr 07, 2018
Ok
Re: Abdullahi Shuaibu Jailed Two Years For Robbery (Photo) by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 07, 2018
haywire07:

It's yorubas who Rob commit fraud and grand theft abroad , ibos sell drugs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abdullahi Shuaibu Jailed Two Years For Robbery (Photo) by RealGucci: 11:45am On Apr 07, 2018
2years
fuc
r we in uk
e suppose be 50yrs
Re: Abdullahi Shuaibu Jailed Two Years For Robbery (Photo) by Lanre4uonly(m): 11:46am On Apr 07, 2018
Say no to crime.
Re: Abdullahi Shuaibu Jailed Two Years For Robbery (Photo) by damola1: 11:58am On Apr 07, 2018
which kain story, wey no talk wetin cause the case in the first place.. all this jagorova journalist.

3 Likes

Re: Abdullahi Shuaibu Jailed Two Years For Robbery (Photo) by frugal(m): 12:01pm On Apr 07, 2018
America: the true land of freedom.
Re: Abdullahi Shuaibu Jailed Two Years For Robbery (Photo) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:02pm On Apr 07, 2018
This Man don cast us Humanitarians cool

2 Likes

Re: Abdullahi Shuaibu Jailed Two Years For Robbery (Photo) by 400billionman: 12:04pm On Apr 07, 2018
A whole United Nations Organization staff

2 Likes

Re: Abdullahi Shuaibu Jailed Two Years For Robbery (Photo) by AidlifeOnline(m): 12:24pm On Apr 07, 2018
lestat:

It's yorubas who Rob commit fraud and grand theft abroad , ibos sell drugs

Nna, onye ka....ya me
Re: Abdullahi Shuaibu Jailed Two Years For Robbery (Photo) by writeprof(m): 12:35pm On Apr 07, 2018
Jesusworks:
Am very happy i have finish to learning in my english lesson classes and now i can commenting on nairaland to sharing my what am thinking,
Congrats! However, you urgently need to come for my post-graduation class for English learners before you start to make comments here. Lol!
Re: Abdullahi Shuaibu Jailed Two Years For Robbery (Photo) by kernel502: 1:09pm On Apr 07, 2018
haywire07:

Yorubas... are hard working people like Seun Egbegbe and Dammy Crane.

1 Like

Re: Abdullahi Shuaibu Jailed Two Years For Robbery (Photo) by BENARI: 1:23pm On Apr 07, 2018
haywire07:

point of correction, It's not drug but robbery; that's a trademark of we Yorubas not Igbos pls.
Robbery, Fraud, rape, incest, adultery, ritual, and of course, skull mining; just leave those for us. It's our heritage and we won't share that with Igbos. Never!

2 Likes

Re: Abdullahi Shuaibu Jailed Two Years For Robbery (Photo) by FrenchWay: 6:56pm On Apr 07, 2018
Do not deport him pls... Dis one go come home come join BH

(1) (Reply)

Urgent!!! A Girl Died In My Room While Spending The Night / Army Arrests Child Traffickers With 19 Under-Aged Children In Yobe State / Kidnappers Kill Edo Bank Manager After Reportedly Collecting ₦‎8 Million Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.