Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,459 members, 7,861,325 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:51 AM

Alleged Looters List: You Be Thief! I No Be Thief! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged Looters List: You Be Thief! I No Be Thief! (325 Views)

FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ / Alleged Looters List: Secondus Sues Lai Mohammed, Demands N1.5bn Damages / Fani-Kayode Reacts To His Name On Looters’ List Without PMB, VP, Tinubu's Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alleged Looters List: You Be Thief! I No Be Thief! by atlanticpost: 12:49pm On Apr 07, 2018
Issuing multiple lists of supposed looters of Nigeria’s treasury is the new political game in town. Nigerians now wake up one morning to be confronted with a list of supposed “looters”, crafted by the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), only to be confronted the next morning with another list of supposed “looters”, authored by the main opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). The entire nation is consequently thrust into a “You be thief! I no be thief! You be robber! I no be robber!” macabre dance. Hopefully, due royalties would accrue to the estate of the late Afro Beat legend, Fela Anikulapo Kuti, the originator of the accompanying song. And all of these indignities in the 21st century, when the leadership of even midget countries like North Korea is striving to match the political sophistication of global powers; yet, a continental power, and one of the world’s most populous nations, could field a leadership class that gleefully indulges in guttersnipe attitudes, as a variant of electioneering campaign? Nigerians should be very, very concerned.

Read more: https://atlanticpostng.com/perspective-you-be-thief-i-no-be-thief/

(1) (Reply)

Why Our Leaders Exchange Natural Resources For Dollars And Pounds / 2019: Junaid Mohammed Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration, Reveals What Will Happen / 2019 Race: Let The Others Simply Run Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.