Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,370 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay (27575 Views)

Yakassai: I Knew Buhari Can’t Fix Any Of Nigeria’s Problems / Boko Haram: Why Buhari Can’t Lead Our Troops Like Chadian President– Tony Momoh / 2019: Obasanjo, Jonathan, Governors Storm Yola For Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay by Kennydoc(m): 3:41pm On Apr 07, 2018
KenOne:
I think Itse Sagay is right on these arrest GEJ and see my Niger Delta people sorry militant starts giving Federal government ultimatum to release him or they start bombing oil installations. Then go to South West arrest OBJ you will start hearing Afenefere start releasing press statement through Yinka Odumakin like they are witch hunting OBJ because he's criticising the government.
Then arrest from South East the worst, you'll hear them say arrest past leaders from 1914. Oh! we are being treated like this because we are Biafras. We are marginalized APC is evil no road in South East as if PDP built one for us. Ohanaeze will shout as if Nigeria took away their wives. Just like in the case of Ike Ekweremandu accused of owning undeclared choice properties across the world to the CCB and Ohanaeze is backing him. The only tribe I know today that if you arrest their past leaders for corruption they will not go on protest are the Arewas like we have seen in the Dasuki case and other of their people being held.

What do you think will happen if Buhari is arrested at the end of his tenure? Northerners killed innocent southerners just because Buhari lost election and you're talking this rubbish. Did you even listen to yourself over what you just wrote? Has any southern president ever succeeded in arresting a high profile northerner before?
As for the South East, if anybody arrest Rochas, Ngige, Theodore Orji, Ken Nnamani etc, nobody will complain.

2 Likes

Re: Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 07, 2018
what a crappy submission!
Re: Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay by yipata: 3:56pm On Apr 07, 2018
YOU GUYS ARE THE MOST STUPID NIGERIANS I HAVE EVER SEEN. YOU GUYS COME ON HERE AND JUST COMMENT WITHOUT REASONING. DO YOUR BOSSES THAT SENT YOU HERE TO COMMENT SENSELESSLY AND ARGUE UNCONSTRUCTIVELY HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO OFFER THIS COUNTRY OR EVEN THE YOU THAT THEY ARE FEEDING. YOU WONT KNOW THE HAVOC YOU ARE CAUSING UNTIL.UR GRANDCHILDREN START CURSING YOU AND YOUR DEEDS IN YOUR OWN EYES, AND UR CONSCIENCE WILL TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE CURSE NIGERIA HAS AS A CITIZEN. IF YOU GUYS WANNA ARGUE OR ANTAGONISE, PLEASE DO IT CONSTRUCTIVELY, NOT THIS POO U AND YOUR OTHER TRIBALISTIC COHORTS WRITE ON HERE, RACING TO COMMENT FIRST SO WE CAN SEE UR POOS. SORRY WE ARE WOKE.

tribalistseun:
This man sounds stupidd, can he even listen to himself? That's why he's as ugly as kemen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay by eodavids(m): 4:09pm On Apr 07, 2018
Am I not lost?

What then is sagay saying?

That they are clean or that they are not?

Sagay is no longer sagay. Politics truly corrupts.

A supposed lawyer is advocating for the abandonment of rule of law?

So the law courts should be jettisoned for press trial. That being preferable to sagay?

"YOU WILL NEVER KNOW HOW UGLY/HANDSOME A MAN IS UNTILL HE ENTERS THE MUD"- unanimous
Re: Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay by orisa37: 4:19pm On Apr 07, 2018
Simple. Those two before him were true Democratic Presidents and The World acknowledges that.
Re: Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay by eodavids(m): 4:19pm On Apr 07, 2018
ganye1:
On the so-called media trial I agree with him because the looters are conniving with the judiciary to avoid conviction. At least let them feel the discomfort of media trial.

There a problem with that.

The problem is: that is not the rule of law.
Sagay may have been compromised, for saying this.

Every country is structured in the way is will thrive and make reasonable progress, and that is why the rule of law must be adhered to.

Rule of law is such that an offence like embezzlement of government funds does not have limitation of time to prosecute it. The looters shall be prosecuted no matter the number of years gone by.

Buhari and sagay may fail to prosecute the looters, but, if really there is an offence of that magnitude, a future regime will do the needful.

Let's follow the rule if law. Sagay isn't making sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay by meekah: 4:21pm On Apr 07, 2018
[quote author=KenOne post=66508621]I think Itse Sagay is right on these arrest GEJ and see my Niger Delta people sorry militant starts giving Federal government ultimatum to release him or they start bombing oil installations. Then go to South West arrest OBJ you will start hearing Afenefere start releasing press statement through Yinka Odumakin like they are witch hunting OBJ because he's criticising the government.
Then arrest from South East the worst, you'll hear them say arrest past leaders from 1914. Oh! we are being treated like this because we are Biafras. We are marginalized APC is evil no road in South East as if PDP built one for us. Ohanaeze will shout as if Nigeria took away their wives. Just like in the case of Ike Ekweremandu accused of owning undeclared choice properties across the world to the CCB and Ohanaeze is backing him. The only tribe I know today that if you arrest their past leaders for corruption they will not go on protest are d Arewas like we have seen in d Dasuki case TRUE Talk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay by nathandia(m): 4:34pm On Apr 07, 2018
The man is very correct. There is no way you can arrest both of them or you spark violence from different regions. Nigeria has not grown to that stage. If one is a thief he or she should be treated as one rather than hiding under the cloak of tribalism or religion. We the citizens need to grow up and treat them as thieves. But in Nigeria if the person is from our region or religion we would say yes we know that he\she is a thief but he is our thief and of which is bad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay by tete7000(m): 4:35pm On Apr 07, 2018
ganye1:
On the so-called media trial I agree with him because the looters are conniving with the judiciary to avoid conviction. At least let them feel the discomfort of media trial.

You people can contradict yourself. You say a man stand accused of an offence, you take him to court, can't provide evidence to convict him then you resort to blackmail. How is a blackmail the same as conviction? Who is interested in media trial? Of what benefit is that to a rational society except that it entrenches looting by encouraging others to loot knowing they will never get convicted and punished.
Reading through Sagay's interview, I understand why we may never develop more than we already are. He said we can't prosecute past leaders because we have no culture like that, who creates the culture? We are govern by a set of incompetent people - from president to his advisers. That a lawyer can talk and argue the way Sagay did inspire little hope for this nation.

1 Like

Re: Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay by KenOne: 4:38pm On Apr 07, 2018
tiredoflife:

So dasuki is a past leader
Fuckinng asslicker

When someone tell you the truth it becomes asslicking. Is there any past leader that is alive in South East when I say past leaders I don't mean only head of state every region have leaders be it political, cultural or religion leader. If I mean't head of state I wouldn't have mentioned South East because no past head of state from that region is alive today. When I criticise Buhari, Yoruba and the Hausa-Fulani you hail me but when i criticise your region I become an asslicker. Learn to accept that all region have their shot comings rather than blame everyone of your problem but never blamed yourself when it's obvious that you're the cause of you problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay by christola: 4:39pm On Apr 07, 2018
Sureky, this man's brain has gone to the dogs. Can he even listen to himself? I can't believe they called this man a legal luminary. Tufiakwa
Re: Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay by sokera: 4:45pm On Apr 07, 2018
KenOne:
I think Itse Sagay is right on these arrest GEJ and see my Niger Delta people sorry militant starts giving Federal government ultimatum to release him or they start bombing oil installations. Then go to South West arrest OBJ you will start hearing Afenefere start releasing press statement through Yinka Odumakin like they are witch hunting OBJ because he's criticising the government.
Then arrest from South East the worst, you'll hear them say arrest past leaders from 1914. Oh! we are being treated like this because we are Biafras. We are marginalized APC is evil no road in South East as if PDP built one for us. Ohanaeze will shout as if Nigeria took away their wives. Just like in the case of Ike Ekweremandu accused of owning undeclared choice properties across the world to the CCB and Ohanaeze is backing him. The only tribe I know today that if you arrest their past leaders for corruption they will not go on protest are the Arewas like we have seen in the Dasuki case and other of their people being held.
when a sensible being Analyse one feel the truthfulness... you are so much on point ... God bless you
Re: Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay by Adebowale89(m): 4:51pm On Apr 07, 2018
KenOne:

I respect your state of mind. nice observation

1 Like

Re: Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay by Limitednow: 4:57pm On Apr 07, 2018
deji17:
This is fake news bro. The source is suspect.

GavelSlam:

Source looks suspect but there are lots of quotes.

It would become clearer shortly.

deji17:
Sagay will not say those things. The language is not that of Sagay.

Source looks suspicious but Daily Post just published same story written by the source?

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/dailypost.ng/2018/04/07/corruption-buhari-cant-prosecute-obasanjo-jonathan-others-sagay/amp/

3 Likes

Re: Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 5:17pm On Apr 07, 2018
Limitednow:

Source looks suspicious but Daily Post just published same story written by the source?

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/dailypost.ng/2018/04/07/corruption-buhari-cant-prosecute-obasanjo-jonathan-others-sagay/amp/
Re: Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay by badoh(m): 5:41pm On Apr 07, 2018
Who says Arewa will not go on rampage if any of their leader is arrested? They only kept mute because it was buhari that got dasuki arrested(North vs North). If it were to be another geopolitical zone like south-south, southeast or south west that got dasuki arrested, the arewa's would have cried foul and heat the polity. Despite the effort of Jonathan to please the North, Can you see how they made his govt ungovernable by unleashing bokoharam. The mistake Jonathan made was neglecting southwest in his developmental effort and underrating Obasanjo. If Jonathan had strived to complete Lagos-Ibadan express way, I trust southwest, we would have voted for him enmasse. Performance is what we are after. That is why we don't care who govern us whether you're a Christian or Muslim. Just perform.

1 Like

Re: Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay by Reference(m): 5:44pm On Apr 07, 2018
KenOne:

And what if Buhari from the north is arrested for corruption, won't various Arewa groups not go up in arms. A series of criticisms by OBJ of his wanton misrule and they are baying for blood. Why mention Dasuki. Was he a past president or elected official.
Everyone except children know why Dasuki remains behind bars and court orders on his bail are not respected, vendetta and the amount of information that guy has on Mr. President himself. Buhari cannot move on them simply because they have him by the balls. Let him try it if he can.
Re: Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay by tiredoflife(m): 6:26pm On Apr 07, 2018
KenOne:

When someone tell you the truth it becomes asslicking. Is there any past leader that is alive in South East when I say past leaders I don't mean only head of state every region have leaders be it political, cultural or religion leader. If I mean't head of state I wouldn't have mentioned South East because no past head of state from that region is alive today. When I criticise Buhari, Yoruba and the Hausa-Fulani you hail me but when i criticise your region I become an asslicker. Learn to accept that all region have their shot comings rather than blame everyone of your problem but never blamed yourself when it's obvious that you're the cause of you problem.

Are u OK
Who hails u
Did u smoke again

1 Like

Re: Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay by deji17: 6:29pm On Apr 07, 2018
FLYFIRE:
What about the $2.8B in UK Midland bank of the 80s? What about how buhari RAN PTF as chairman? What about the 28 Pounds/Dollar-stuffed suitcases at the airport? Lets not talk about the IDP camp grass. Lets not talk of Maina. Lets not talk of the PADS on the budget. Was bubu involved in any of these?

What about how dumb and useless that you are? grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay by deji17: 6:32pm On Apr 07, 2018
Reference:

And what if Buhari from the north is arrested for corruption, won't various Arewa groups not go up in arms. A series of criticisms by OBJ of his wanton misrule and they are baying for blood. Why mention Dasuki. Was he a past president or elected official.
Everyone except children know why Dasuki remains behind bars and court orders on his bail are not respected, vendetta and the amount of information that guy has on Mr. President himself. Buhari cannot move on them simply because they have him by the balls. Let him try it if he can.

Don't count on it. Buhari might be slow, but he is strategic. At the right time, none of those Former Head of state / President is immune from prosecution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay by Lukewayne: 6:38pm On Apr 07, 2018
Re: Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay by Ayus34(m): 6:50pm On Apr 07, 2018
KenOne:
You are wrong on Afenifere and Obasanjo ....they are never on the same terms,you need to check you history....infact a chieftain from afenifere in the person of PA ADEBANJO lambasted Obasanjo of recent....the said man has never be in good terms with the southwest region,so why will the people or group defend someone they never acknowledge?
Re: Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay by CioAngels(f): 6:58pm On Apr 07, 2018
Yes to media trial so the public can wear them disgrace as their jacket. Thieves.
Re: Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay by brojoshua: 7:03pm On Apr 07, 2018
Because they are gods of corruption and because corruption is in the foundation of Nigeria, and because corruption and the corrupt are greater than Nigeria.
Re: Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay by Lumig: 7:09pm On Apr 07, 2018
KenOne:
GBAM!!!
Re: Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay by Lumig: 7:10pm On Apr 07, 2018
KenOne:
GBAM!!

1 Like

Re: Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay by FLYFIRE(m): 9:02pm On Apr 07, 2018
deji17:

What about how dumb and useless that you are? grin grin grin grin grin
Why not come with facts if you have any than abuse your father
Re: Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay by FEGNO: 9:09pm On Apr 07, 2018
SO HE HIMSELF (PMB) WILL ALSO NOT BE PROSECUTED ONE DAY. OR YOU ARE STILL BUYING THAT SHIT ABOUT SAINTS AND SINNERS?
Re: Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay by deji17: 9:09pm On Apr 07, 2018
FLYFIRE:

Why not come with facts if you have any than abuse your father
The facts about how you wake up your dad every morning with a kick.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay by sapele914(m): 10:14pm On Apr 07, 2018
dignity33:
What a nonsense can this man listen to himself or his sense is now with APC?
Please show more respect to the Don,you maybe too young to understand his critical thinking,along with his intellectual and pragmatic approach to issues at hand.
Re: Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay by sapele914(m): 10:18pm On Apr 07, 2018
brojoshua:
Because they are gods of corruption and because corruption is in the foundation of Nigeria, and because corruption and the corrupt are greater than Nigeria.
Stop complaining LOSER,since you are wise to the facts are you not a Nigerian?If you can't beat them join them or are you a prophet or saint Brother Joshua?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter / Shehu Sani Picks PDP Governorship Nomination Form In Kaduna / 2019 Elections: SDP Emerges As Third Force - Tribune

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.