Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,263 members, 7,811,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

12 Campus Businesses You Can Do - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 12 Campus Businesses You Can Do (462 Views)

8 Skills Every Nigerian Student Needs To Survive In Campus / Unilag Student Survives Ritualist Attack On Campus ( Photo) / Bostwana Student Wears Towel To Campus (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

12 Campus Businesses You Can Do by chikachuks1(m): 3:55pm On Apr 07, 2018
The campus environment is one of the best places to do business. It is a compressed community of students which are confined within a geographical location. In this article I will outline 12 different campus businesses you can start in your own campus. I will provide little insight on each of them, but if you need clarification, feel free to contact me. No charges attached. We are aimed at building campus CEOs which will use the campus as a platform to build their own fortunes. To that end, this article is carefully prepared to fulfill that goal. If you can read and apply the knowledge from this little piece, you will thank me later.

Some student go with only the G.P. mindset. I wish to inform you that you can be a successful business student and yet make much fortunes for yourself in the campus. Pay attention and read this piece which I have carefully prepared.

Business centre
Running a business centre in the campus is one of the most lucrative businesses you can do as an undergraduate. Remember once again that our aim at infoducation is to help students grow up to become independent while in the campus and we will stop at nothing to achieve this aim. In the campus, business center services are in high demand because of the day to day need of the student. If you get involved in this business, you can never run out of market except during break or if you do not promote your business well. This Campus business could be very lucrative if you do it as a student. You stand the chance of meeting your fellow students to tell them about what you do. Guess what? They will in turn support you by bring jobs and also telling other about you, provided you treat them well.

Blogging
Blogging is one of the relevant campus businesses you can delve into. Although the blogosphere is almost saturated, yet fortunes could still be made from it. Just get a niche which you can promote in the campus environment. For example, infoducation is one of such lucrative blogs for the campus environment because it addresses issues relevant to campus. In this campus business, consider niches like scholarship, job, school news and others. If you play your part well you will enjoy blogging.
https://infoducation.com.ng/2018/04/07/campus-business-2/
Freelance writer
If you have writing as your skill, then consider freelance writing so that your skill will be converted to money. There are lots of websites that accepts the services of a freelance writer and popular among them is fiverr. Check it out for yourself and convert some revenue for yourself. This campus business is indeed lucrative because it might not take much of your time. You can freely combine it with your studies and other activities.

Tailoring
Tailoring! Tailoring!! Tailoring!!! Do you have a sowing skill, then there is no better place to make it good than the campus environment. This business is very lucrative because young people pay attention to looking nice so as to attract attention. If you are a good tailor, please do not let your skill to lay fallowed. Use it wisely and convert revenue for yourself.

Author a student related book
While looking for campus business to do, consider authoring a student related and friend book that could be marketable in the campus. If you school has about 10,000 student and you are able to author a book that will be accepted to about 20% of the population, that will convert so well. If you author a book in which you make a profit of 100 naira per copy, and 2,000 students in your campus buys the book, you have a whooping profit of 200,000 naira which could help you start up one of these campus businesses I outline here.
Become a middle man
One campus Business that I know can convert well is becoming a middleman between students and companies. There are lots of companies that need services of students to be able to penetrate into that campus environment. I have one of such businesses and if you are interested, contact me on whatsapp via the number it will provide below. Also you can become a registered distributor for Jumia, Konga, Yudala and other online markets. Becoming a recharge card dealer will also be nice.

Graphic design
Graphic design is another nice campus business. I bet you if you are a good graphic designer, you cannot go hungry in the campus. There are lots of programmes going on in the campus. These programmes needs publicity and as such a good graphic designers’ job will be needed.

Web design
If you can create a website, then you are good to go. One standard website you create can feed you for 3 months. Meanwhile creating little sites like blogs will also convert for you. Campus businesses are very lucrative nowadays. With the pervasive explosion of the internet, every business wants to have an online presence. Therefore, you are in the right part if you are a website designer.

Organize seminars
If you have knowledge on certain area of life that has to do with students, the consider organizing seminars to teach. In the campus, this business of organizing seminars has turned some students to millionaires. The registration fee they pay if combined together will amount to a large amount. Also, if you preform very well, others will invite you to speak at events. You will end up turning in huge fortunes as a student. Just be sure that you have ample knowledge on what you teach.
Organize tutorials
Teach tutorials in the campus. This is one of the most flourishing campus business. In my university, many students grew their fortunes through tutorials. With tutorials, students register with a certain amount. You also have the opportunity of selling some of your materials through your tutorial platform. Students need tutorials because they stand to understand their fellow student more than their lecturers. So go ahead and organize tutorials for them and get the money out of their pockets and wallets.

Mobile bookshop
The concept of a mobile bookshop is a nice but neglected campus business that could flourish in the campus arena. Since it’s a campus environment, everyone came in with the purpose of reading. Therefore getting a mobile bookshop will surely be a nice idea. It is mobile because I assume that you might not have enough money to rent a shop. Therefore, getting few number of readable and highly demanded books will not be bad. If you are interested in this campus business of owing and running a mobile bookshop, it is important to know that you must carefully the turnover of your books should be highly considered. Get the books that you can sell off immediately so as to buy more. Also, you can act as a middleman between students and the school bookshop. Get the books for the students and get your commission as small as it could be. I will suggest that in delving into this business, get books on relationship, finance, success, leadership and others that could be highly demanded in the campus environment. If you need more guide on this you can contact me on whatsapp via 07064635053

Gaming and Sporting center
Campus businesses keeps flourishing provided you know what you are into. Sports is everybody’s friend. If you have a sporting center, you will enjoy wealth. Understand that football is best watch with people. It is in watching football with others that you enjoy the fun. Therefore, people who have dishes in their house will still prefer to watch it with others just for the fun. Therefore, if you can get a nice place for rent or even a lecture hall with permission. You will do well.

If there is any point I made while presenting these campus businesses to you, which you think you need more clarification, feel free to use the comment box or contact me on whatsapp via 07064635053

(1) (Reply)

Happy World Earth Day / NDLEA Presents Laptops, Matching Bands, Other Items To Anambra Schools / Courtesy Call By The Nigerian Animal Science Students Association

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.