Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,172 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? (16430 Views)

Biggest Mess Created In 2023 Was Naira Devaluation From N460 To N1,400-Dangote / Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? / Dangote, Femi Otedola, Donald Duke, Dele Momodu Hang Out Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 08, 2018
Make him go sit down,Nigeria is the most corrupt country after Romania and Pakistan.

Dangote is complaining because Kenya politicians failed to look after him like Nigerian politicians does,he always corrupt any leader that comes in.

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by That3: 7:57am On Apr 08, 2018
Seems like Kenya version of corruption doesn't supports monopoly.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 8:01am On Apr 08, 2018
Kenya is not more corrupt than Nigeria. The only reason why Dangote would think so is because he has unrestricted access to the Nigerian government unlike in Kenya where he needs to really test his might. It's obvious that things have been easy for Dangote in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by kinibigdeal(m): 8:09am On Apr 08, 2018
So Dangote is now the Billgate in Kenya
Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by Buffalowings3(m): 8:18am On Apr 08, 2018
scaramenga:
grin kenya corruption no dey favour am

Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by Jethrolite(m): 8:25am On Apr 08, 2018
Kenya is not as corrupt as Nigeria, they are far better than us. I have applied for a food exporting license to their country and everything was done without me ever leaving Nigeria and the license was given by their food bureau. Try that with NAFDAC or any MDA and see what happens.

I am sure they frustrated Dangote based on his predator and monopolistic way of doing business.

11 Likes

Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by paranorman(m): 8:29am On Apr 08, 2018
Jethrolite:
Kenya is not as corrupt as Nigeria, they are far better than us. I have applied for a food exporting license to their country and everything was done without me ever leaving Nigeria and the license was given by their food bureau. Try that with NAFDAC or any MDA and see what happens.

I am sure they frustrated Dangote based on his predator and monopolistic way of doing business.
Seriously?
Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by Jethrolite(m): 8:35am On Apr 08, 2018
paranorman:

Seriously?
Yes, I got the license in 2014. Everything was done through email correspondence. They asked for some fees, that I have a local agent in Kenya and that was it.

The thing about Kenya though is that it is a small country with their entire economy only equal to Lagos.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by mukthar2000(m): 8:45am On Apr 08, 2018
Nwaohafia1:
Kenya may not be more corrupt than Nigeria, but Dangote's problem may be they are not giving him free-hand to manipulate things the way he does it in Nigeria. He is having a field day in Nigeria due to our yeye politicians

Whenever a rich Nigerian complains, know that he's not getting what he wants.
yes brother, u get the real fact about what is happeing ,we that works for him know him more better than how the outsiders thinking that its doing favour to the country peoples

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by AFONJAPIG(m): 8:49am On Apr 08, 2018
they are corrupt in your eyes because they put the interest of their citizens ahead of their person interest.... they don't want to monopolize their market for you because of few dollars u will use to bribe them

6 Likes

Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by Pecca: 8:51am On Apr 08, 2018
The state managed market monopoly that made him in the corrupt capital no favour am in Kenya. they want their own downgote too

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 08, 2018
Yes there is corruption in Kenya but the government is still progressive. That’s the difference between Kenya and Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by Xisnin(m): 8:52am On Apr 08, 2018
That3:
Seems like Kenya version of corruption doesn't supports monopoly.
What monopoly?
Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by PigMeat: 8:56am On Apr 08, 2018
Hehehe, no body free follow Nigeria for this one. Nigerian E-war-lords distance themselves from Dangote. Dangote you are on your own.

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by dokyOloye: 9:03am On Apr 08, 2018
scaramenga:
grin kenya corruption no dey favour am
Exactly
Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by anaton(m): 9:09am On Apr 08, 2018
phayvoursky:
I don't understand again o

but it seems Kenya is the new fantastically corrupt nation.

Kudos Nigeria.

Meanwhile stop paying that your corrupt landlord rent every year. Acquire a genuine piece of land and become a landlord

So if I just buy a piece of land without erecting any building, I can stop paying rent to my landlord??

grin

1 Like

Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by IMEAN(m): 9:11am On Apr 08, 2018
timothy2396:
I think this is more important for today... Any wwe fan in the house?

BURN IT DOWN!!! Seth Rollins for intercontinental championship..... but I know brook lesnar is gona win Roman reigns NOT
Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by talk2dboss: 9:26am On Apr 08, 2018
Is Kenya more corrupt than Nigeria ?

No it isnt. Nigeria should be the most corrupt nation in Africa.

I am sure Dangote only made those statements because the deal doesnt favour his business. Whn you are as rich as Dangote, you can accuse any nation of being corrupt
Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by tomdon(m): 9:36am On Apr 08, 2018
Kenya don't need his help, it is solely for his benefit. Either he plays ball or forgets about it, it's not by force

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by Mariangeles(f): 9:47am On Apr 08, 2018
The Kenyan government are trying to protect their country from contracting an incurable disease (Nigerian type of corruption).

Dangote is one to talk about corruption when he's the backbone of corruption in Nigeria!
The worst part is people don't know the half of how corrupt and evil this man is...

In Nigeria, even those that are the problem are saying Nigeria is corrupt! Smh

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by ultron12345: 9:55am On Apr 08, 2018
timothy2396:
cant wait to see undertaker again........ come..... u pple should create a thread for wrestlemania 34.......if it's football now, they will create a thread Doritos on FP, y not for wrestling
Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by londoner: 9:59am On Apr 08, 2018
euromilion:
Make him go sit down,Nigeria is the most corrupt country after Romania and Pakistan.

Dangote is complaining because Kenya politicians failed to look after him like Nigerian politicians does,he always corrupt any leader that comes in.
p

Kenya has always scored low on the corruption index. They are only five places above Nigeria and for a while they were only one position above Nigeria on the corruption index.

The truth is Nigerians are hardly aware of what goes on in other African countries. They are only aware of Nigeria's corruption and don't really research before forming an opinion which they present as facts.

Dangote knows what he is talking about. Whereas maybe you've never even stepped foot in Kenya before let alone had business dealings there.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by londoner: 10:00am On Apr 08, 2018
talk2dboss:
Is Kenya more corrupt than Nigeria ?

No it isnt. Nigeria should be the most corrupt nation in Africa.

I am sure Dangote only made those statements because the deal doesnt favour his business. Whn you are as rich as Dangote, you can accuse any nation of being corrupt

No, infact there are 17 African countries now below us in the World Corruption Index
Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by bigpicture001: 10:28am On Apr 08, 2018
I dont.belive him....he is a capitalist,who would want policies bent to favour his investment nd call it for the sake of national interest..instead,i think Kenya that blocked him,loved the country more..or what can you say if a place like Nigeria where in the name of attracting foreign investors,u agreed a 5 year tax holiday for MTN nd allowed them 75% capital flight annually.yes it will create jobs for like 3k ppl nd draw nigeria back 10 years
Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by FreshestManny(m): 10:34am On Apr 08, 2018
Nigeria is the queen and king of corruption. In short, Nigeria is the hermaphrodite of corruption.
Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 08, 2018
Jethrolite:

I know you people hate dangote because he is not your brother. Sentiment & hatred have beclouded sense of reasoning. Kenya was one step lower than Nigeria on corruption index for a while before the new rating.

I don't believe your story of exporting food to Kenya. I know Obj farm export frozen food to Kenya some years back before the avian flu scam some years back. No developed or good developing country ever allow easy entry of food items.

I remember your brothers use predator & monopoly as attack against dangote to allow Ibeto to import cement while others invest locally during GEJ. Countries in Africa approach dangote for investment. Dangote cement has investment in other Africa Countries. Tanzania 1.5 million MTpa. South Africa 2.2 millon MTpa. Congo (Brazzaville) 1.5 million MTpa. Ethiopia 1.5 million MTpa. Cameroun (Grinding) 1.5 million MTpa. TERMINALS Ghana 3.0 million MTpa. There are others & these data may have changed. In Nigeria, there is competition. Lafarge is a big cement company, we have other brands.

Nigeria & South Africa are the major economy in Africa, if dangote complain of corruption in Kenya, he has a point. The investment is to better the people of Kenya. In fact, they are the ones asking him the question of why the industry is not yet sited.

Enviousness does not allow some Nigerians to appreciate value. They are the ones crying marginalization.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by Jethrolite(m): 11:27am On Apr 08, 2018
babaolofin:

I know you people hate dangote because he is not your brother. Sentiment & hatred have beclouded sense of reasoning. Kenya was one step lower than Nigeria on corruption index for a while before the new rating.
I am not igbo and I respect Dangote a lot, if I had his opportunities I won't be any different from him, mostly.

And who told you the license was for food, is NAFDAC license used for food only?

Enviousness is not a word, tells a lot about your person.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by OyinO: 11:28am On Apr 08, 2018
Stoopid mofos everywhere! So because Nigeria is more corrupt than Kenya, someone won't air their corrupt experiences about elsewhere?
Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:29pm On Apr 08, 2018
Dangote multiplied his wealth off sharp practices including import monopolies through the 90's and early 00's, import and currency waivers denied his competitors in the cement industry, preposterously low taxes and colluding with the cement cartel he leads and the corrupt oversight by the relevant authorities in government to keep Nigeria's cement the most expensive in the world and ensure staggering profits (the nigga's company makes about 50% profits every year - check Dangote Cem's financial reports) that you wouldn't come close to anywhere else in the world. He's the classic oligarch like those Russian billionaires who acquire great wealth by currying favour with the government.

Those who think pump prices of petroleum products will crash after his refinery come on stream are dreaming. He'll do what he has always done. Take advantage of the new market dominance he has to rip off Nigerians just as he does with cement.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by leye4u: 12:44pm On Apr 08, 2018
timothy2396:
hope you know say na script them dey follow, not different from watching a movie
Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by londoner: 12:56pm On Apr 08, 2018
FreshestManny:
Nigeria is the queen and king of corruption. In short, Nigeria is the hermaphrodite of corruption.

How knowledgeable are you about other countries when it comes to their corruption though?
Re: Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 08, 2018
Obi1kenobi:
Dangote multiplied his wealth off sharp practices including import monopolies through the 90's and early 00's, import and currency waivers denied his competitors in the cement industry, preposterously low taxes and colluding with the cement cartel he leads and the corrupt oversight by the relevant authorities in government to keep Nigeria's cement the most expensive in the world and ensure staggering profits (the nigga's company makes about 50% profits every year - check Dangote Cem's financial reports) that you wouldn't come close to anywhere else in the world. He's the classic oligarch like those Russian billionaires who acquire great wealth by currying favour with the government.

Those who think pump prices of petroleum products will crash after his refinery come on stream are dreaming. He'll do what he has always done. Take advantage of the new market dominance he has to rip off Nigerians just as he does with cement.

You claimed dangote is the most expensive in the world. Your ignorance of a very high magnitude. How much is the dangote brand (3X) of cement sold per bag abroad. Lafarge an European cement giant operates the elephant brand in my state and my town, how much is elephant cement in Nigeria & Lafarge cement brand in France & Belgium? Social media commentator is giant when everybody is blind & unintelligent. These companies sell cheaper &,create jobs & wealth for Nigerians. An importer /trader is only interested in packaging.

Tax holidays & waivers are done everywhere. The refinery you are talking about will favour over 10 million Nigerians & other Africans directly & indirectly. It will affect all major sector of the economy. It will save foreign reserve. Your only problem is why must it be dangote?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Goat Farming / First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? / Tony Elumelu & UBA Staffs In Happy In Selfies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.