Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,397 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

FG Arrests 500 Illegal Miners, Convicts 21 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Arrests 500 Illegal Miners, Convicts 21 (616 Views)

17 Chinese Illegal Miners: FG Mounts Pressure On Osun To Surrender Suspects / FG Arrests Author Of ‘we Are All Biafrans’ / 6,000 Illegal Miners Flood Osun From Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Arrests 500 Illegal Miners, Convicts 21 by Blue3k2: 1:42am On Apr 08, 2018
Poised to tackle the menace of illegal miners headlong, the federal government has so far arrested 500 illegal miners and convicted 21.
The Deputy Commandant General of the Nigerian Civil Defence Corps, Kelechi Madu, made this revelation when the Minister of Mines and Steel Development, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, commissioned 50 operation vehicles for use by the Special Mines Surveillance taskforce and the State Minerals Resources and Environmental Management committee (MIREMCO) on Thursday.
DCG hailed the provision of the operation vehicles for the mining surveillance saying that it would enhance optimal performance in the sector.
Madu revealed that over 500 illegal miners had so far been apprehended. While 21 have been convicted however some were released at the discretion of the mines offices in the states.
The Minister of Mines and Steel Development, Dr. Kayode Fayemi in his remarks said: “Due to lack of required logistics, the Special Mines Surveillance Taskforce and MIREMCO could not deliver their mandates and this led to upsurge in the activities of illegal mining across the states of the federation and strained relationship with states and local governments.
According to the minister, “The first fifteen (15) States with functional MIREMCOs have already received the sum of Five (5) Million Naira each, as mobilization grants and ten (10) Hilux pick-up Vehicles were procured for the first ten (10) States.
Also speaking at the event, Inspector General of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Idris who was represented by Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG), Taiwo Lakanu, said the re-introduction of mines police was to support the economic diversification efforts of the President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration through effective security of the mines.
According to the Police IG who also commended the provision of surveillance vehicles to fight the illegal mining activities said the mines police is headed by a deputy Commissioner of Police Tunde Mobayo, saddled with the responsibility of securing the mines against the scrounge of illegal mining.
He explained that for its operations at the states, the Mines Police would work with the Counter Terrorist Unit of the Nigerian Police to ensure efficiency.

Source: http://www.minesandsteel.gov.ng/2018/03/29/fg-arrests-500-illegal-miners-convicts-21/

Front Page: lalasticlala
Re: FG Arrests 500 Illegal Miners, Convicts 21 by mpianya39(m): 2:53am On Apr 08, 2018
Mining The only mining company I know for this Zoogaria na skull mining company located at Ogbomosho opposite idp camp angry

1 Like

Re: FG Arrests 500 Illegal Miners, Convicts 21 by pussyeater(m): 3:47am On Apr 08, 2018
mpianya39:
Mining The only mining company I know for this Zoogaria na skull mining company located at Ogbomosho opposite idp camp angry
Be here talking lubbish, you mates are selling spare parts inside Ladipo ... Flat Head for Show undecided

2 Likes

Re: FG Arrests 500 Illegal Miners, Convicts 21 by mpianya39(m): 3:59am On Apr 08, 2018
pussyeater:

Be here talking lubbish, you mates are selling spare parts inside Ladipo ... Flat Head for Show undecided

No! Na human parts I wan sale bros a beg, you fit help a brother get shop near Ogbomosho idp camp? I hear say skull miners de sale highly sophisticated human parts cheap for that side na true?

Abeg help me confirm the story na grin grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Arrests 500 Illegal Miners, Convicts 21 by pussyeater(m): 5:00am On Apr 08, 2018
mpianya39:

No! Na human parts I wan sale bros a beg, you fit help a brother get shop near Ogbomosho idp camp? I hear say skull miners de sale highly sophisticated human parts cheap for that side na true?

Abeg help me confirm the story na grin grin
Yes! I fit help you find shop for Onitsha to sell your spare parts and electronics. And if na gala you won sell ontop 3rd mainland bridge, I fit hook you up. ODE! grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Arrests 500 Illegal Miners, Convicts 21 by mpianya39(m): 6:18am On Apr 08, 2018
[quote author=pussyeater post=66523792]
Yes! I fit help you find shop for Onitsha to sell your spare parts and electronics. And if na gala you won sell ontop 3rd mainland bridge, I fit hook you up. ODE! grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Arrests 500 Illegal Miners, Convicts 21 by jara: 9:42am On Apr 08, 2018
See, see how NIGERIA is going down.

See how they turn important topic to raslot. For centuries gold, diamond, tin, copper, uranium etc are being mined and stolen. Now they are using your own people to steal from you.

Nigeria does not have the foggiest idea how much oil is going out or how to get flare gas converted to productive enterprise.

Make una a dey fight o. Well done, udo.
Re: FG Arrests 500 Illegal Miners, Convicts 21 by BankeSmalls(f): 11:01am On Apr 08, 2018
jara:
See, see how NIGERIA is going down.

See how they turn important topic to raslot. For centuries gold, diamond, tin, copper, uranium etc are being mined and stolen. Now they are using your own people to steal from you.

Nigeria does not have the foggiest idea how much oil is going out or how to get flare gas converted to productive enterprise.

Make una a dey fight o. Well done, udo.

This man is a miner, he owns a thriving private mining business in Obomosho, he dug up some things for sale grin

Re: FG Arrests 500 Illegal Miners, Convicts 21 by Redoil: 11:35am On Apr 08, 2018
Who is to blame for the illegal minining Like for the usell fg Share for the hungry people who were made improvished by the fg

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari to be served impeachment notice next week / Angry Protesters Attack President Buhari In London(video) / How Senator Dino melaye Jumped From Police Vehicle (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.