Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama (36175 Views)

Bishop Peter Nworie Chukwu Ordained For Abakaliki Catholic Diocese / Pope Francis Appoints Peter Chukwu Bishop For Abakaliki Catholic Diocese (Photo) / Pastor Ebelenna Chukwu Claims To 'Turn Water To Wine' (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by Chimaokigwe: 10:29pm On Jul 07, 2019
immhotep:

Proven by APC ? grin grin

Go to this link and week for Ndigbo.
https://www.jewishvoice.org/read/article/update-igbo-nigeria

See this one too.

Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by Chimaokigwe: 10:30pm On Jul 07, 2019
mrkings84:
So what's the meaning of this trash?

What is trash?
You've been praying ti a dog all this while grin

Or should I translate it into igbo before you understand?
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by Odingo1: 10:40pm On Jul 07, 2019
Nonsense write up, Chukwu okike abiama, mean God of Abraham.

It doesn't matter the origin of it.Allah the muslims call is also a pegan name in Saudi Arabia, Allah is a name of Arabian deity in Mecca before Islam , but muhammed used it as name of God because it is arabian language name of God like Chukwu in Igbo or Oluwa in Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by drealinno: 10:41pm On Jul 07, 2019
In general Igbo, Chukwu Okike abiama means God almighty himself. Nothing more.

3 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by Benekruku(m): 10:41pm On Jul 07, 2019
tstx:
Chukwu Abiama....

Just imagine for a second that we blacks came into knowledge first and then went as far as Europe to colonize the whites.

By now them for they worship Chukwu Abiama, Amadioha, Sango etc

And them for dey convinced say na our Gods na the true gods because na we colonize them..

100/100

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 07, 2019

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by Dreadful: 10:42pm On Jul 07, 2019
By now all these yoruba gutter media should know that their contorted bullshits no longer work on us.
Chukwu Okike Abiama simply means:- Chukwu (The Great God) Okike (The Creator) Abiama ( You'll only know Him if you come close to Him)
So how is this an idol worship bikonu umunne m??
If you allow the yorubas to deceive you over their genetic envy and hatred for the Igbos you're OYO
Their problem now is no longer Ruga but Chukwu Abiama.
Fools!

9 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 07, 2019
XXLDICK:
The phrase "Chukwu Okike Abiama" became overly pronounced especially by the IPOB group of recent. Many people including Igbos have no idea of its meaning. I asked my kinsmen but they had no idea too definitely because we aren't from Arochukwu.

Contrary to recent believe, Chukwu Abiama is a pagan God and not what many of us believe it is. Chukwu Abiama was the name given to the central God of the Arochukwu people.

Chukwu Abiama which means the God that reveals truth was very instrumental during slave trade because the shrine which housed the God was more like a supreme court in Arochukwu, anybody whom was found guilty was either dedicated to the gods (Osu) or sold to the whites as a slave.

Igbos that claim to be Jews claimed Chukwu Abiama means God of Abraham, that Abiama is a distorted pronunciation of the word Abraham

It's funny to find many Christians now using the phrase Chukwu Okike Abiama, if only they knew which God they are calling.

The claim that Chukwu Abiama means God of Abraham is just another attempt by some low self-esteem Igbos to rewrite the Igbo history and solidify their irrational claim of Jewish ancestry which I see as an insult to the great Igbo tribe because the Igbo tribe predates Adam.

It is Chiukwu, not Chukwu. Chukwu is the bastardized word for it, it was done by the whites.

Chi-ukwu Okike is not a pagan God, don't try to deceive others. How can u call someone's God a pagan God just because u believe in a different God? Jesus Christ is equally a pagan God from Rome.

Chi-ukwu okike means Big God, the creator. He's the God IGBOS believe in that created the whole world and everything in it, including the smaller gods like God's of Vengeance, God of agriculture, God that guards (guardian angels), etc.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by SEGLIZ: 10:48pm On Jul 07, 2019
EVILFOREST:

U should be ashamed of yourself.
A white man designed everything about worship of the God you don’t know, came down to Africa, displace what your fathers worshiped and presented what he has to offer, promising you HELL when you fail to worship his. And you are screaming with Joy...!!
Yet the WHITE MAN is busy making efforts to relocate his people to the planet MARS by 2022 and 2050.
The WHITEMAN knew how dedicated the BLACKMAN is to religion, they went back home, came back to Africa and presented us with their own RELIGION and way of worship.

Today, PASTORS are threatening people with FIRE and BRIMSTONE when they fail to meet up with TITHE PAYMENTS

Please where will those our forefathers who resisted the whites inherit, now they have died..??
HELL abiiiiii..
Because OYIBO told you so..!!

Hope all the CHINESE will inherit HELL as well...since they do not practice Christianity and ISLAM..??

don't be misguided.........the God they brought doesn't demand for human blood before working It's own magic called MIRACLES but my African god does.
their God doesn't demand I bath with animal or human blood be HEALING ME but my African god does.
which do you think or advice I follow or worship.
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by TriggahMan(m): 10:50pm On Jul 07, 2019
Jews kwa..

Na wa o..

That one concern them
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by blanket6560(m): 10:50pm On Jul 07, 2019
proud to b an ARO Man...... guys if u want to forever happy, try visiting arochukwu
Aro Okeigbo mmamma nu Ndewo

2 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 07, 2019
acedsportsng:
How can you say the igbo tribe predates Adam??

Wasn't Adam the first man ni??

Adam was the first man according to the European religion called Christianity.

Fossil evidence have shown that IGBOS have been in IGBO land for a minimum of 8,000 - 10,000 years unlike Adam story that is 6000 years old.

2 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 07, 2019
Chukwu okike Abiama, in Igbo Land, means God the creator of All things.

Please non Igbos should disregard this post, the writer and whatever picture he's trying to paint.

5 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 07, 2019
SEGLIZ:

don't be misguided.........the God they brought doesn't demand for human blood before working It's own magic called MIRACLES but my African god does.
their God doesn't demand I bath with animal or human blood be HEALING ME but my African god does.
Since you think you know a lot....
PLEASE
What’s the difference between the SACRIFICES CAIN and ABEL offered with ANIMALS and the ones your FOREFATHERS offered with Goats in their apartments..??

What’s the difference between the ones your forefathers offered and the ones ABRAHAM offered with RAMS..??

2 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 07, 2019
Enugupikin:
op correction: Arochukwu isn't Igbo and has never been Igbo...they're more of ibibio...so next time direct it to ibibio people

False.

Arochukwu has a bit of efik n Ibibio cultures within them because efiks and Ibibio lived among Arochukwu's for centuries before finally settling where they 're today in Akwa-cross axis
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 07, 2019
SEGLIZ:

Read it bible very well and use Google too to search the bible too, human sacrifices were done to the Christian God in the bible in 2 or 3 times
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 07, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

It has been genetically proven that Igbos have no connection with Jews.

https://www.jewishvoice.org/read/article/update-igbo-nigeria

How do u expect IGBOS to have a genetic connection with white Caucasian Europeans living in Israel?
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by bentwood85(m): 10:58pm On Jul 07, 2019
Enugupikin:
op correction: Arochukwu isn't Igbo and has never been Igbo...they're more of ibibio...so next time direct it to ibibio people

Hmm! You need to explain more on this..
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by Bacteriologist(m): 10:59pm On Jul 07, 2019
SEGLIZ:

The Passover is an example of human sacrifice to Yahweh. Even the death of Jesus himself is an example of 'demanding human blood before working magic.'

Abrahamic religions and the ATR are equal bullshit just different toilets.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 07, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Read it bible very well and use Google too to search the bible too, human sacrifices were done to the Christian God in the bible in 2 or 3 times
Don’t MIND them.
They only Rush to CHURCHES to worship their pastors...
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by SEGLIZ: 11:01pm On Jul 07, 2019
PrecisionFx:

no the only human sacrifice He called for was Isaac (to put the faith and friendship of Abraham to test) of which he replaced with a ram.
I would love you give those Bible citation so I could read up.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 07, 2019
bentwood85:

Hmm! You need to explain more on this..

There is nothing to explain.
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by slivertongue: 11:02pm On Jul 07, 2019
Op u are wrong!
even non igbos know d meaning of Chukwu okike. next time do a proper research b4 puttin up d trash above

2 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 07, 2019
"IGBO TRIBE PREDATES ADAM"? Where did you get your claim fellow?
The Arochukwu god was called Ibini Ukpabi
Chukwu (Chi-Ukwu) translates to Almighty God. That name has never been ascribed by the ancient Igbos to any pagan God.

2 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by SEGLIZ: 11:04pm On Jul 07, 2019
EVILFOREST:

Since you think you know a lot....
PLEASE
What’s the difference between the SACRIFICES CAIN and ABEL offered with ANIMALS and the ones your FOREFATHERS offered with Goats in their apartments..??

What’s the difference between the ones your forefathers offered and the ones ABRAHAM offered with RAMS..??

then He claim burnt offering, but since after the death of Jesus Christ all those seized to exist.
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by SEGLIZ: 11:08pm On Jul 07, 2019
Bacteriologist:

The Passover is an example of human sacrifice to Yahweh. Even the death of Jesus himself is an example of 'demanding human blood before working magic.'

Abrahamic religions and the ATR are equal bullshit just different toilets.

since after the death of Jesus Christ no such rituals is demanded of man by God.
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 07, 2019
SEGLIZ:

then He claim burnt offering, but since after the death of Jesus Christ all those seized to exist.
Do you study your Bible at all..??
Where is it Documented..??
Who documented such..??
Because tomorrow when we are all gone, someone will make reference to OYEDEPO’s books as Biblical inscriptions from God.
So GOD is now an author of confusion.
U now know the mind of GOD.

If everything about the OLD TESTAMENT is treated OLD why is the TITHE in OLD TESTAMENT always carried over to the New Testament ..??
Sometimes I wonder how we BLACKS THINK..??

Even the ASIANS rejected these religions and practiced their indigenous religion.
TODAY they are living in PEACE and making progress. Do you want to tell me that GOD is not also responsible for their progress...

NIGERIA is now in Religious dogma.
With confusion everywhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by CanadaOrBust: 11:19pm On Jul 07, 2019
chiedu7:
please share this today so that Christians can know that they have been led into idol worship
and must reject this so called chukwu okike abiama!

We never heard of this so called chukwu okike abiama, it only became known with IPOB

Except that the word itself has pagan origin. See below

Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by johnaruson(m): 11:19pm On Jul 07, 2019
Chukwu OKIKE ABIAMA means:

Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by SEGLIZ: 11:20pm On Jul 07, 2019
EVILFOREST:

Do you study your Bible at all..??
Where is it Documented..??
Who documented such..??
Because tomorrow when we are all gone, someone will make reference to OYEDEPO’s books as Biblical inscriptions from God.
So GOD is now an author of confusion.
U now know the mind of GOD.

If everything about the OLD TESTAMENT is treated OLD why is the TITHE in OLD TESTAMENT always carried over to the New Testament ..??
Sometimes I wonder how we BLACKS THINK..??

Even the ASIANS rejected these religions and practiced their indigenous religion.
TODAY they are living in PEACE and making progress. Do you want to tell me that GOD is not also responsible for their progress...

NIGERIA is now in Religious dogma.
With confusion everywhere.

faith and belief defers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Celebrates Nigeria's 57th Independence With Green & White Outfit / We Need More Support From Igbos To Propagate Islam In South-east – Igbo Muslims / Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in Sosoliso Plane Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.