Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,815 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

I Want To SUE Osun State University, Need Your Advice. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Want To SUE Osun State University, Need Your Advice. (573 Views)

Students To Sue Minister Of Education After He Asked Them To Sue ASUU / Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion / Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To SUE Osun State University, Need Your Advice. by TIDDOLL(m): 4:19pm On Apr 08, 2018
pardon my grammatical blunders, and incoherency.

Am due for camp this 19th of April, after registering and securing my GREEN CARD, getting my call up letter probably on Monday.
The school(UNIOSUN) sent the Senate approved list to the NYSC last two weeks which had my name on it.

Due to some issues unknown to me, I and my course mates were unable to generate our clearance form from the school portal. This affected just my department.

One of my course mates went to the department to clarify the issue, and results were to be processed again, just to receive an unexpected call from him that they couldn't find my result of a 300L course(2units).

I rushed to check my portal and it was never registered, I never even came across this course on my portal as a prerequisite, because I did dropped it in 300L to accommodate a lower level course.

Now I know I made a human error of not remembering all the courses I dropped, which is why we have the student portal that serves as a reminder for students.

Infact, it wasn't the only one I dropped, and the other two I dropped, I wrote them in my 500L, which had enough space for all my dropped courses, including the one I forgot.

The DSA and some lecturers told me that the school can't waive the course.
Sent several emails to the DVC of the school stating my issues and noting I am emotionally distraught with all that has happened this few days.

The response I got was a total defamation of my personality,
The response and the responder referred to me as an "Unserious student" and below average student.
Utterly hurtful words!!

Honestly UNIOSUN gave me lot of troubles, since I got admitted in 2011 and I changed my course from physics/elect to Wildlife management at 300L, dropping a level to 200L.

I personally saddled the responsibility of transferring my files and results from the former to the latter.
Which was never done until I got to 500L.
Through out my 200L, 300L and 500L at Wild life Management(Ejigbo Campus) I travelled to(Oshogbo,main campus) just to request for my files and 100L results be sent to my new department , which shouldn't be the responsibility of an Undergraduate but the management, almost had an accident doing that, I was never stable in my new campus because of the results and files that are yet to be transferred, still i did very OK with my grades.

Nairalanders, please I need your advice.

I want to SUE Osun State University!!

Cc. Lalasticlala
Re: I Want To SUE Osun State University, Need Your Advice. by okk4sure: 5:16pm On Apr 08, 2018
Wt ur explanation,i agreed wt d responder dt "u are unserious & below average" so to say.U forgt wht...?

1 Like

Re: I Want To SUE Osun State University, Need Your Advice. by TIDDOLL(m): 5:28pm On Apr 08, 2018
okk4sure:
Wt ur explanation,i agreed wt d responder dt "u are unserious & below average" so to say.U forgt wht...?
Thanks, but so you know, an Unserious and below average student will never represent the campus in an essay competition,
an Unserious student will not represent the campus in a conference held in another country pertaining to his course.
An Unserious student won't facilitate the establishment of an Association that involves all Nigerian student in Wildlife Conservation.
An Unserious student won't attend classes.

To Er is human.

So please, if you don't know me, then you don't know who I am, or what I stand for.
Re: I Want To SUE Osun State University, Need Your Advice. by okk4sure: 6:02pm On Apr 08, 2018
TIDDOLL:
Thanks, but so you know, an Unserious and below average student will never represent the campus in an essay competition,
an Unserious student will not represent the campus in a conference held in another country pertaining to his course.
An Unserious student won't facilitate the establishment of an Association that involves all Nigerian student in Wildlife Conservation.
An Unserious student won't attend classes.

To Er is human.

So please, if you don't know me, then you don't know who I am, or what I stand for.

Wow!I'm very sorry fr my 'hasty generalization' on d matter.U need pragmatic approach to d matter rather dan taking d institution to the court.Litigation takes alot of time & money especially wen it involve an institution like dt. Instead of forwarding e-mail to d DVC,y can't u see him in person & state d fact of the matter to him.Even if it involve seen VC as far as u knw dt av ur fact & d evidence to back ur word.Den u knw what next to do after dt.I wish u best of luck.
Re: I Want To SUE Osun State University, Need Your Advice. by boyejo124(m): 6:02pm On Apr 08, 2018
okk4sure:

fool
chai!!!
Re: I Want To SUE Osun State University, Need Your Advice. by TIDDOLL(m): 6:05pm On Apr 08, 2018
okk4sure:

Wow!I'm very sorry fr my 'hasty generalization' on d matter.U need pragmatic approach to d matter rather dan taking d institution to the court.Litigation takes alot of time & money especially wen it involve an institution like dt. Instead of forwarding e-mail to d DVC,y can't u see him in person & state d fact of the matter to him.Even if it involve seen VC as far as u knw dt av ur fact & d evidence to back ur word.Den u knw what next to do after dt.I wish u best of luck.
Thank you for your sincere advice, planning to see the VC tomorrow.

Will do that.

(1) (Reply)

UI Vc’s Media Adviser And Student Exchange Words On Facebook (photos) / A Magnificent Art Piece: Made By A Nigerian Artist / Unical Sug Candidates Petition Electoral Body Over Inconclusive Elections.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.