Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,948 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' (37413 Views)

Foursquare Church Suspends Boniface Igbeneghu Over Sex For Marks Scandal / OAU Sex For Marks: What Monica Osagie Told Panel – Counsel / Monica Osetobe Osagie Is The Student In Sex For Marks Scandal – OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by godlyguy(m): 11:38pm On Oct 09, 2019
Fassy Yusuf, a lecturer at the University of Lagos, has asked Precious Okhimamhe, a social media user, to provide evidence of sex-for-grades allegation she levelled against him.

In the heat of a BBC documentary exposing randy lecturers at the University of Lagos, many had taken to Twitter to share their experiences.

Tweeting via the handle @pretyprexy, Ohkimamhe had said a friend of hers listed Yusuf as a randy lecturer.

“A friend of mine who graduated from Unilag just told me some names. Dr Fassy Yusuf . . . Your time is coming. #SexForGrades,’” she had written in the tweet which went viral.

But in a letter dated October 9, Yusuf gave Okhimamhe seven days to prove this allegation of face legal action.

“In the last forty or so hours, I have been inundated with phone calls, messages and visits in respect to a libellous, scandalous and disparaging statement you posted on your Twitter handle on Monday, 07 October 2019 at about 1.13p.m and circulated globally,” the letter read.

“As a lawyer, a former public officer, a notary public, a justice of the peace, a community and religious leader, an international scholar and professional, a newspaper columnist, a social crusader, a businessman, among others, your reckless, irresponsible, disconcerting, scandalous and libellous post has lowered and continues to lower my person in the estimation of right-thinking members of the society, especially among my clients, friends, colleagues, associates mentees and students; has caused and is causing me to be shunned, and avoided; and it has exposed and continues to expose me to odium, hatred, contempt and ridicule. Indeed, your false statement cum post has conveyed an imputation on me, disparaged and injured me in my office, profession, calling, business, etc.

“Elementary law requires that “he/she who asserts, must prove”; the onus is therefore, on you to prove and justify the libel against me.

“Consequently, I HEREBY GIVE YOU SEVEN (7) DAYS’ NOTICE TO PROVE AND OR JUSTIFY YOUR LIBEL against me failing which I shall be constrained to institute legal action for the purposes of making you face the consequences of your irresponsible action, restoring my dignity, and claiming damages thereof.”

Okhimamhe, however, has taken down the tweet.

Boniface Igebeneghu and Samuel Oladipo, two of the lecturers indicted in the BBC documentary have been suspended while UNILAG has set up a panel to probe their actions.

https://www.thecable.ng/unilag-lecturer-threatens-to-sue-social-media-user-over-defamatory-tweet

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by godlyguy(m): 11:41pm On Oct 09, 2019
“Elementary law requires that “he/she who asserts, must prove”; the onus is therefore, on you to prove and justify the libel against me.

“Consequently, I HEREBY GIVE YOU SEVEN (7) DAYS’ NOTICE TO PROVE AND OR JUSTIFY YOUR LIBEL against me failing which I shall be constrained to institute legal action for the purposes of making you face the consequences of your irresponsible action, restoring my dignity, and claiming damages thereof.”

Boniface Igebeneghu and Samuel Oladipo, two of the lecturers indicted in the BBC documentary have been suspended while UNILAG has set up a panel to probe their actions

https://www.thecable.ng/unilag-lecturer-threatens-to-sue-social-media-user-over-defamatory-tweet

https://ebeanonews..com/2019/10/sex-for-marks-unilag-lecturer-to-sue.html

5 Likes

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by godlyguy(m): 11:44pm On Oct 09, 2019
May God help the education system
godlyguy:
Fassy Yusuf, a lecturer at the University of Lagos, has asked Precious Okhimamhe, a social media user, to provide evidence of sex-for-grades allegation she levelled against him.

In the heat of a BBC documentary exposing randy lecturers at the University of Lagos, many had taken to Twitter to share their experiences.

Tweeting via the handle @pretyprexy, Ohkimamhe had said a friend of hers listed Yusuf as a randy lecturer.

“A friend of mine who graduated from Unilag just told me some names. Dr Fassy Yusuf ... Your time is coming. #SexForGrades,’” she had written in the tweet which went viral.

But in a letter dated October 9, Yusuf gave Okhimamhe seven days to prove this allegation of face legal action.

“In the last forty or so hours, I have been inundated with phone calls, messages and visits in respect to a libellous, scandalous and disparaging statement you posted on your Twitter handle on Monday, 07 October 2019 at about 1.13p.m and circulated globally,” the letter read.

“As a lawyer, a former public officer, a notary public, a justice of the peace, a community and religious leader, an international scholar and professional, a newspaper columnist, a social crusader, a businessman, among others, your reckless, irresponsible, disconcerting, scandalous and libellous post has lowered and continues to lower my person in the estimation of right-thinking members of the society, especially among my clients, friends, colleagues, associates mentees and students; has caused and is causing me to be shunned, and avoided; and it has exposed and continues to expose me to odium, hatred, contempt and ridicule. Indeed, your false statement cum post has conveyed an imputation on me, disparaged and injured me in my office, profession, calling, business, etc.

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by chibaby1985(f): 11:45pm On Oct 09, 2019
Students and lecturers... Who do we believe?
godlyguy:

Boniface Igebeneghu and Samuel Oladipo, two of the lecturers indicted in the BBC documentary have been suspended while UNILAG has set up a panel to probe their actions

1 Like

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by godlyguy(m): 12:01am On Oct 10, 2019

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by Rextizzy: 1:19am On Oct 10, 2019
Thunder will strike him there.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by Emilokoiyawon: 2:33am On Oct 10, 2019
She don jam better lawyer...if she does not prove her claims then she should get ready to pay some serious damages.

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:13am On Oct 10, 2019
Arrant rubbish.... they are guilty, all their tricks won't work.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by Olufemiolaolu(m): 6:27am On Oct 10, 2019
Many are still in Unilag. The likes of Dr Chris obisi are still there.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by Ikegift4real(m): 6:31am On Oct 10, 2019
Sue ko sew ni.
Roll out names biko grin

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by respect80(m): 6:33am On Oct 10, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
Arrant rubbish.... they are guilty, all their tricks won't work.

So even without evidence, you have concluded that he's guilty.
Seems you have never been or seen a person accused wrongly.

Don't get it twisted please. Someone was accused and he has demanded for evidence to prove him guilty so it's better to wait for the evidence than to conclude just like that.

143 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by Commentor: 7:09am On Oct 10, 2019
Would be funny if she already had video evidence.

grin

11 Likes

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by Ekwensu1: 7:15am On Oct 10, 2019
[s]
Commentor:
Would be funny if she already had video evidence.

grin
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:30am On Oct 10, 2019
Consequently, I HEREBY GIVE YOU SEVEN (7) DAYS’ NOTICE TO PROVE AND OR JUSTIFY YOUR LIBEL against me failing which I shall be constrained to institute legal action for the purposes of making you face the consequences of your irresponsible action, restoring my dignity, and claiming damages thereof.”

Social media will put some people behind jail for the rest of their lives.

You can only tweet something like this with someone's school and name only when you have a concrete evidence.

A friend of mine who graduated from Unilag just told me some names. Dr Fassy Yusuf . . . Your time is coming. #SexForGrades,’” she had written in the tweet which went viral.
She was able to put the lecturer's name to the whole world but refused to mention 'her friend's' name.
Who does that?!

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 10, 2019
grin

1 Like

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 10, 2019
First day on Nairaland, and i'm on front page kiss cheesy
Somebody show me love smiley

12 Likes

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by iamJ(m): 8:31am On Oct 10, 2019
In 100 years time

It will still happen

Happens all over the world

Put women in any thing and they will use sex to try to buy their way through

Make una stop to they act like this is news

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by nauto6: 8:31am On Oct 10, 2019
Haha
Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by sojayy(m): 8:31am On Oct 10, 2019
Ok
Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by luminouz(m): 8:32am On Oct 10, 2019
grin

Funny thing is,he may be guilty as hell but can they prove it? Without proof,they end up looking like deranged chickens.

The girl has taken down her tweet? Why? She may have realised that her so-called friend who gave her the info either has no proof or she has none too.

Conclusion:

Emotions without logic get you killed. Be cool,even cold to get your facts right and strike while your enemies least expect. Not jumping on SM making claims you can't substantiate.
A snake and a lion are different animals but you kill them exactly same. You never leave them alive or they can still bite you.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by adebuk47(m): 8:32am On Oct 10, 2019
Let the sueing begin

1 Like

Re: Fassy Yusuf To Sue Precious Okhimamhe Over Sex For Marks 'Defamatory Tweet' by AnthonyDgreat: 8:33am On Oct 10, 2019
The fact is does the girl has evidence. This sex for Marks is becoming so rampant especially in UNILAG

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Child Abuse At Deeper Life College: Akwa Ibom Governor Udom Orders Investigation / Mohammud Modibbo Dies (Nigeria's Oldest School Pupil) / Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria And West Africa : Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.