Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

I Need Your Opinion Or Advice.. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Your Opinion Or Advice.. (900 Views)

Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion / My Marriage Is Being Tested. I Need Your Advice / I Dream Of Death Anytime I Quarrel With My Wife. I Need Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Opinion Or Advice.. by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:51pm On Apr 09, 2018
Recently someone close to me came up with an idea for her elder sister who has no child of her own. A lady is soon to give birth and wants to give up the child to this woman who has no child...how do u guys see it...what measures should be taken to ensure it's something legal and the lady will not come back claiming the child in future your opinion are highly welcome thanks
Cc Seun lalasticala
Re: I Need Your Opinion Or Advice.. by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:18pm On Apr 09, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
Recently someone close to me came up with an idea for her elder sister who has no child of her own. A lady is soon to give birth and wants to give up the child to this woman who has no child...how do u guys see it...what measures should be taken to ensure it's something legal and the lady will not come back claiming the child in future your opinion are highly welcome thanks
Cc Seun lalasticala

the child should be LEGALLY adopted, thus the biological mother would give up her parental rights.
Re: I Need Your Opinion Or Advice.. by Rubbiish(m): 3:32pm On Apr 09, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
The mother will come back for the child or the child will locate the mother sooner or later...Blood is thicker than water.
But if your elder sister can cater for the child, letting the child know she isn't the biological mother, she should go ahead. She will be saving one kid from the street & uncertain future...

It is always best to adopt an orphan...

2 Likes

Re: I Need Your Opinion Or Advice.. by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:29pm On Apr 09, 2018
Rubbiish:

The mother will come back for the child or the child will locate the mother sooner or later...Blood is thicker than water.
But if your elder sister can cater for the child, letting the child know she isn't the biological mother, she should go ahead. She will be saving one kid from the street & uncertain future...

It is always best to adopt an orphan...

as much as many adopted children eventually want to meet their biological parents, the aim of prospective adoptive parents should simply be to become "parents", raise children in a proper environment with all the love/care and affection that child requires.

i think it will not only be selfish but also wrong, for any adoptive parent to look down on that said child seeking to find his/her biological parents as an adult.... so that they can find answers to the various question that may trouble them, and be at peace with themselves.

the majority of adopted children who go on to find their biological parents NEVER stop for a second to love/cherish their adoptive parents (and thats what should matter here)

IMHO if a couple seek to adopt solely orphans because they dont want that child to locate his/her biological parents, then that couple is adopting children for the wrong reason....as there will always be siblings/cousins/uncles/grandparents to locate.
Re: I Need Your Opinion Or Advice.. by divinelove(m): 4:40pm On Apr 09, 2018
Pls use the orphanage except u want to labour in vain
Re: I Need Your Opinion Or Advice.. by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:17pm On Apr 09, 2018
divinelove:
Pls use the orphanage except u want to labour in vain
orphanage was an option but it's kinda expensive
Re: I Need Your Opinion Or Advice.. by Atk1nson(m): 6:36pm On Apr 09, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
orphanage was an option but it's kinda expensive

Fighting an allegation of child trafficking can also be quite expensive
Re: I Need Your Opinion Or Advice.. by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:52pm On Apr 09, 2018
Atk1nson:

Fighting an allegation of child trafficking can also be quite expensive
not when the person giving birth wants to willingly relinquish the child
Re: I Need Your Opinion Or Advice.. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 09, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:

Please you should be talking to a lawyer about your options and not seeking advice on an online forum.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Opinion Or Advice.. by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:35pm On Apr 09, 2018
5thElement:

Please you should be talking to a lawyer about your options and not seeking advice on an online forum.
thank you sir there are lawyers here too and others have seek advice before so it's not bad except you are sayin this platform is useless
Re: I Need Your Opinion Or Advice.. by Atk1nson(m): 7:37pm On Apr 09, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:

Nobody has the right to "give", "sell" or "gift" another human being to a person or group of persons except the State or when the state gives one that authority.

That is the same reason why people who visit baby factories r arrested
Re: I Need Your Opinion Or Advice.. by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:43pm On Apr 09, 2018
Atk1nson:

Nobody has the right to "give", "sell" or "gift" another human being to a person or group of persons except the State or when the state gives one that authority.

That is the same reason why people who visit baby factories r arrested
Kk Bt pple adopt even without the state
Re: I Need Your Opinion Or Advice.. by Atk1nson(m): 7:48pm On Apr 09, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
Kk Bt pple adopt even without the state

That a law is not enforced does not mean it never will. There is a risk that someone will one day question how they came about the child and they will be in deep trouble. Don't be pennywise, pounds foolish. Go to an orphanage home n follow d procedure
Re: I Need Your Opinion Or Advice.. by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:49pm On Apr 09, 2018
Atk1nson:

That a law is not enforced does not mean it never will. There is a risk that someone will one day question how they came about the child and they will be in deep trouble. Don't be pennywise, pounds foolish. Go to an orphanage home n follow d procedure
Kk
Re: I Need Your Opinion Or Advice.. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 09, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
thank you sir there are lawyers here too and others have seek advice before so it's not bad except you are sayin this platform is useless

No, no. This forum is very useful.

You just need to know that one wrong step, one slight mistake and you can be arrested for child trafficking and kidnapping.

Just telling you to play it safe. But I understand that you may be looking at the cost of hiring a lawyer.

I don't think there's any safer way to adopt a child without involving your lawyer. I stand to be corrected.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Opinion Or Advice.. by ehinmowo: 1:12am On Apr 10, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
Cc Seun lalasticala

1. Tell the "yet to conceive" woman to go to charity homes and adopt there
2. If the person with the child has the means to properly raise the child, she shud forget the adoption
3. What happens if the child she is giving away becomes her only child in life?
4. If your mum gives you away, how will you feel when you finally grow up seeing the woman?
Re: I Need Your Opinion Or Advice.. by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:38am On Apr 10, 2018
ehinmowo:

1. Tell the "yet to conceive" woman to go to charity homes and adopt there
2. If the person with the child has the means to properly raise the child, she shud forget the adoption
3. What happens if the child she is giving away becomes her only child in life?
4. If your mum gives you away, how will you feel when you finally grow up seeing the woman?
the woman wants to willingly give out her child

(1) (Reply)

Man Sent His wife Packing & His 6month Old baby Middle Of Night Over Argument / Man Splits $22 Million Lottery Winnings With His Best Friend / I Love & Respect My Best Friend But His Pretty Wife Keeps Giving Me Green Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.