Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,530 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Ibori Arrested In Dubai - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibori Arrested In Dubai (17843 Views)

James Ibori Arrested In Dubai / James Ibori Arrested In Dubai? / Nkoyo Ibori Arrested In London Oner Money Laundery Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by deb(m): 2:37pm On May 13, 2010
Our-turn:

Even when a person calls you a daft?

, but your logic is so lame. read your first comment on Ibori again and see yourself in the mirror.
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by ayo84(m): 2:42pm On May 13, 2010
Tis about time
now its time for the igbinedions,dariye's and co

also the former northern governors who stole billions,i wonder EFCC doesnt go after northern governors
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by Ourturn(m): 2:45pm On May 13, 2010
deb:

, but your logic is so lame. read your first comment on Ibori again and see yourself in the mirror.

It was never directed at anybody. I have/had every right to post what I feel about it all. I have no link with the acussed, and even if I did, I will still tell him the truth to his face. He stole, and should face the music, so that it serves as a deterrent!. Never provoke any, who never provoked you in the first place. Every one have the right to post rubbish, and you too have the right to ignore such.
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by wealth2al(m): 2:53pm On May 13, 2010
i think Ibori is just a victim of circumstance. others should be arrested also because he is not the worsth Governor that we have had.
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by snowdrops(m): 2:54pm On May 13, 2010
ayo84:

Tis about time
now its time for the igbinedions,dariye's and co

also the former northern governors who stole billions,i wonder EFCC doesnt go after northern governors
AMEN to that brother.

All the thieves should be jailed. In China its death penalty. How i wish this was china.
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by binhozie(m): 2:54pm On May 13, 2010
[size=20pt]FINALLY. . .[/size]
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by Greycells(m): 3:01pm On May 13, 2010
We will be sure dis shizzle is for real when they arrest Northern Governors past and present for corruption.

Dem thief reach Ibori, Igbinedon, Odili, Tinubu, Fashola et al.

In short na dem carry first.
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by omar22(m): 3:06pm On May 13, 2010
I heard that either his sister or sister in law who used to live in a council before Ilori became a governor all of a sudden bought 7 houses which she couldnt give a clear explanation when the poo hit the fan,
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by CarlosVent(m): 3:07pm On May 13, 2010
HE PAID SENATE MEMBERS HUGE SUM AMOUNT OF MONEY TO STOP HIS BROTHER GOODLUCK FROM BEING D PRESIDENT WHEN YARADUA WAS ILLL.

JUST IMAGINE. NW GOODLUCK HAS USED EVERY POSSIBLE MEANS TO TRACK HIM DOWN.

HE SHULD GO DOWN PLS.

SHAME ON U IBORI
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by Fhemmmy: 3:09pm On May 13, 2010
Na wa oh
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by hayyah(m): 3:11pm On May 13, 2010
asiri asebaje koni bo o! this is just the beginning. others be ready, coz EFCC is knocking at your door
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by Ourturn(m): 3:14pm On May 13, 2010
The guy is in his house as you read this, while people are jubilating over his arrest. Wonders shall never seize. He was taken to court this morning, and he was released on bail immediately.
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by kufreabasi(m): 3:15pm On May 13, 2010
That serves him right
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by bisiaet: 3:18pm On May 13, 2010
What is wrong with this guy called Ibori? What is his problem? How did he even escaped to far East this is unbelievable anyway thank God he was caught, he is just making more mess of himself by all this tricks or hide and run he is playing.

He must be ill advice I presumed because where will he hide when there is such allegation against him and he is a wanted man, it is a pity.

Time up and game over Mr.
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by kobikwelu(m): 3:19pm On May 13, 2010
lol

people are as agressive as a bull dogg behind the screen of a computer, but in reality will be misconstrued as a mute.

any thief caught and tried is IMO "one less thief off the street".

evry body differs on their own opinioon of who has stollen the most.

if u ask mi, ill say danjuma (owns a oil coy in brazil SAPETRO),odili,ibb.

SO AM I CRYING BECAUSE NONE OF THESE PEEPS HAVE BEEN ARRESTED AND PROBED AND INSTEAD CHANT THAT IBORI BE RELEASED AND HIS MISDEEDS EXPUNGED OFF THE RECORDS

ourturn , reason naaaaaa undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by Linguist(f): 3:23pm On May 13, 2010
its indeed good radiance to bad rubbish. i hope real justice will be mete out to who deserve it.
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by 007busman: 3:29pm On May 13, 2010
[color=#990000][color=#990000]I hate what is happening in Nigeria today? How much did Ibori steal, compared to what IBB, OBJ, Lucky, Andy Uba, etc stole, that will warrant this? I abhor corruption, but selective justice will never go unpunished, by GOD. Let there be a blanket corruption war in Nigeria. These thieves are just too much in Nigeria.

Anyway, there is no point jubilating. JAMES IBORI IS OUT ON BAIL IN DUBAI. He is a free man again!.

That is the latest!
[/color][/color]

I think the guy with the above write up is made why must you celebrate IBORI. It show you are very corrupt.I want to believe that you must have do what Ibori did in Delta state in your office.You better be careful.
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 13, 2010
It's good we have them pinned down.

The UK Police has confirmed that he was detained in Dubai yesterday.
'saw it on http://www.saharareporters.com/real-news/sr-headlines/6066-james-ibori-arrested-in-dubai.html
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by Rheinmetal(m): 3:31pm On May 13, 2010
Seems his hour of reckoning is almost at hand smiley
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by 007busman: 3:31pm On May 13, 2010
[color=#990000][color=#990000]I hate what is happening in Nigeria today? How much did Ibori steal, compared to what IBB, OBJ, Lucky, Andy Uba, etc stole, that will warrant this? I abhor corruption, but selective justice will never go unpunished, by GOD. Let there be a blanket corruption war in Nigeria. These thieves are just too much in Nigeria.

Anyway, there is no point jubilating. JAMES IBORI IS OUT ON BAIL IN DUBAI. He is a free man again!.

That is the latest!
[/color][/color]

I think the guy with the above write up is MAD why must you celebrate IBORI. It show you are very corrupt.I want to believe that you must have done what Ibori did in Delta state in your office.You better be careful.
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by mikot: 3:40pm On May 13, 2010
The evil that men do lives with them,thank God for law of kama. finally it have catch him now anyway lets watch and see how it goes.
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by Pennywise(m): 3:41pm On May 13, 2010
The handlers of this guy must be quite dumb. What the heck was he doing in Dubai? South America is where criminals go when they are wanted in Europe or US b/c of this extradition issue. That was exactly how his GF (Okonkwo) was picked up like chicken in Paris when she flouted bail in London.

The met police must be working overtime rt now. Fortunately for them they have a listening ear in the new govt. Besides Jonathan wont let him come back to naija so as not to 'heat-up the polity' like our politicians like to say.

Make interpol use aondoakaa put jara.

The guy is looking at a minimum 4yrs in British Jail. If Americans get hold of him, then all his hair go gray finish before we see am. The question again, why Dubai? I tot the guy has insight. Or was he tricked by the British the way Mossad tricked the palestinian terrorist into Dubai and had him murdered?
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by Ad4(m): 3:42pm On May 13, 2010
Your entire lineage is daft, your child/children (if any) are daft, and even the generation yet to exist, are already daft!. Did I add to my post that you should comment on mine, or was it as a response of yours?
Ourturn or whatever you call yourself,it is people like you that make nairaland sickily.You are so inmature that you can't handle issues. Anyhow, Ibori's arrest is welcomed.
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by AroOkigbo(m): 3:43pm On May 13, 2010
G-reycells:

We will be sure dis shizzle is for real when they arrest Northern Governors past and present for corruption.

Dem thief reach Ibori, Igbinedon, Odili, Tinubu, Fashola et al.

In short na dem carry first.

Those guys up north may think they are stealing, what they steal are mere peanuts compared to their peers in the ND states.
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Orji Uzo Kalu. This guy stole the whole Abia State!!!
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by teskyg: 3:46pm On May 13, 2010
Ibori is the biggest fool in the world.He is insane, It would have been better if he was caught in Nigeria.Let them amputate his hand in Dubai.I am surprise at the kind of people he employed as adviser.

They push him into a tight corner by advising him to run and hide why the bleed him of his ill-gotten wealth to make ways for him while he was on the run.They have made enough money from him and have left him in the cold, Vanity upon vanity,
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by ADint(m): 4:03pm On May 13, 2010
May end up serving 2 jail terms - one in UK and one in Nigeria.  grin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8680569.stm

Nigeria ex-governor James Ibori arrested in Dubai 

The former governor of Nigeria's Delta state has been arrested in Dubai.

James Ibori is accused of corruption and laundering millions of dollars while in office by Nigeria's Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Last month, police were attacked by Mr Ibori's supporters while trying to arrest the former governor in his hometown in the oil-rich Delta state.

The EFCC has attracted controversy in recent years - dogged by accusations of political bias.

EFCC head Farida Waziri told the BBC that Mr Ibori had been arrested on Wednesday following the intervention of the international police agency Interpol.

He is currently in custody and will be returned to Nigeria to face the charges against him.

Mr Ibori is also wanted for questioning in the UK.

This is not the first time the EFCC has tried to prosecute Mr Ibori.

In December 2009, a court in Asaba cleared him of 170 charges of corruption because there was no clear evidence to convict.
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by mykali(m): 4:03pm On May 13, 2010
All this political bruhaha is driving me nuts
They should Jail the guy
He's a bloody thief
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 13, 2010
wealth2al:

i think Ibori is just a victim of circumstance. others should be arrested also because he is not the worsth Governor that we have had.
i dont understand all these hulaballoo about ibori,you guys are only giving him undue attention.if i may ask,was ibori the only governor on Ribadu's list when he was summoned by the national assembly in 2006?.there are 27 governors on that list who were investigated and to this day,only orji kalu,jolly nyame,lucky igbinedion,saminu turaki,joshua dariye,alameiseghia,Ayo fayose spent days in the prison,granted bail and their  case died off; now ibori is being haunted while the others were pardoned.
the issue of selective justice plays here.the same ibori that is being tracked abroad was a major financier of the yaradua/jonathan ambition.
the only thing i want jonathan to do if he sincerely want to fight corruption is to bring back Ribadu as EFCC chairman in order to prosecute all those on his watchlist when he was formerly in efcc provided jonathan will do it since patience,his wife also has a case of money laundering with the efcc.
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by MrCartha: 4:05pm On May 13, 2010
If he is not a criminal, what is the need absconding to Dubai shocked Please, Dubai should make sure they send him back tо 9ija where he should be properly hanged angry angry angry

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8680569.stm
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by r231(m): 4:15pm On May 13, 2010
Everyday for the thief, one day for the owner. President Jonathan, please bring Ribadu back to head EFCC and let Ibori be handed over to him. It's time for Nuhu to get his own pound of flesh! Nonsense!!
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by oluagness(m): 4:24pm On May 13, 2010
Yes, give him 200 strokes of cane, after 2 days cut off his 2 hands. shameless thief
Re: Ibori Arrested In Dubai by sylve11: 4:26pm On May 13, 2010
real nansense grin cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

FG Unveils North-east Reconstruction Plan / Troops Rescue Three FGC Yauri Students & One Teacher; Kill One Bandit / President Tinubu Meets French Presidential Envoy As Nigeria Prepares For Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.