Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,030 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Police Uncover Another ‘oluwole’ In Ibadan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Uncover Another ‘oluwole’ In Ibadan (1646 Views)

Police Uncover MASSOB Bomb Factory In Imo / Oluwole Awolowo Is Dead? / Gbenga Daniel's Former Aide Apagun Oluwole Olumide Commits Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Uncover Another ‘oluwole’ In Ibadan by mekuszyx: 2:14am On May 13, 2010
Police uncover another ‘Oluwole’ in Ibadan
, As detectives arrest 2, recover fake documents
From NGOZI UWUJARE, Ibadan
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Suspects
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section

Detectives in Oyo State Police Command have uncovered a replica of the notorious “Oluwole” in Lagos, where fake documents are printed and sold to willing buyers.

The crime fighters were said to have raided the shopping complex, located at the old Gbagi market in Ibadan, the state capital, where some members of the fake documents syndicate were apprehended.
Elated residents described the raid by the police as a relief, saying they had been afraid of reporting their activities to the police. They alleged that they had been operating in the area for the past 20 years.

Two suspects, arrested during the raid were, Tunde Omotayo (aka Torch) and Lekan Olanrenwaju. Omotayo, 57, confessed to Daily Sun how 20 of them started the illegal business in 2007.
He also disclosed how they produced fake stamps of banks, higher institutions, police, embassies letterheads, statements of accounts and forged admission letters of foreign institutions.
Omotayo, who claimed to have lived in London, said he came back to Nigeria in 1986. He also confessed to have given many people fake documents with which they facilitated their travels abroad.
He disclosed that he charged N70, 000, N50, 000 and N100, 000, depending on the type of document required by his client.

Olanrenwaju, 40, said it was Omotayo, who asked him to carve stamps of organizations for him. According to him, Omotayo lied to him that he operated a travel agency. “I was surprised when policemen came to my shop to arrest me,” he said.

The state Police Commissioner, Mr. Adisa Bolanta, explained that policemen raided the area following many petitions from members of the public. He told Daily Sun that the suspects would be prosecuted after investigation.

Re: Police Uncover Another ‘oluwole’ In Ibadan by mekuszyx: 2:14am On May 13, 2010
ROFLMAO.

Awon omo Ibadan kini show? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Uncover Another ‘oluwole’ In Ibadan by mekuszyx: 2:15am On May 13, 2010
U.I (and other neighbouring unis) graduates must explain something here
Re: Police Uncover Another ‘oluwole’ In Ibadan by jamace(m): 4:15am On May 13, 2010
Hmnn. Too bad. sad sad
Re: Police Uncover Another ‘oluwole’ In Ibadan by DrKitaun(m): 6:16am On May 13, 2010
Na today?

Majority of IB boys patronized that hood to enhance their chances of travelling, the place was more popular at the start of the century . . .
Re: Police Uncover Another ‘oluwole’ In Ibadan by yemmight(m): 10:36am On May 13, 2010
But these guys lokk horrible o. They have not really made anything?
Re: Police Uncover Another ‘oluwole’ In Ibadan by mekusxxx: 2:53pm On May 13, 2010
I wonder how many ngbatis hold a genuine version of whatever document they posses? May be some 0.05% of the population? undecided From Lagos to Ibadan, to Osun, to Ondo, to Ekiti, the story is the same- oluwolerization of papers
Re: Police Uncover Another ‘oluwole’ In Ibadan by mekusxxx: 3:01pm On May 13, 2010
Varsity uncovers new students with forged WAEC/neco results
Stories by GABRIEL DIKE
Tuesday, May 11, 2010

•Photo: The Sun Publishing

More Stories on This Section

The just concluded admission screening exercise for new students admitted for the 2009/2010 at the Lagos State University (LASU) has led to the discovery of many who presented forged and altered WAEC and NECO results.

Daily Sun learnt the discovery would affect the number of those qualified in each department even as it shocked the management of LASU because of the number of the fresh students involved.

Daily Sun gathered that during the screening exercise, the officers in charge of each department found that many new students presented forged or altered WAEC and NECO results and were disqualified.

The forged results were detected by the eagle-eye screening officers while going through the credentials presented by the candidates.
The officers were said to have compared the WAEC/NECO results presented by the students against records from the examination bodies and discovered the forgery.
It was learnt that following the discovery, other students with similar results stayed away from the screening exercise.

A senior management staff of the institution who pleaded anonymity told Daily Sun that when the affected students were confronted with the findings, some confessed that the WAEC/NECO results were arranged by their parents who paid huge amount to a syndicate to produce them.
On the cases of altered results, the LASU source revealed that many of the new students changed their grades to A grades to get high score in the aggregate for the Post -UME test as well as enhance their admission status.

The discovery, it was learnt has reached the desk of the Vice Chancellor, Professor Lateef Hussain who commended the officers involved in the screening exercise.
Re: Police Uncover Another ‘oluwole’ In Ibadan by yemmight(m): 4:53pm On May 13, 2010
mekusxxx:

I wonder how many ngbatis hold a genuine version of whatever document they posses? May be some 0.05% of the population? undecided From Lagos to Ibadan, to Osun, to Ondo, to Ekiti, the story is the same- oluwolerization of papers

Are u not stupid for the highlighted statement. Are people like you not the calibre of people that patronize them. Take it or leave in this country, those ngbatis hold superior certificates and education than any tribe here.
Re: Police Uncover Another ‘oluwole’ In Ibadan by naso2(m): 5:00pm On May 13, 2010
mekuszyx:

U.I (and other neighbouring unis) graduates must explain something here

Abeg behave o.
I do not have a problem if you have anything to grind with Yorubas, but my guy if you enter U.I side na big trouble you dey find o.
Re: Police Uncover Another ‘oluwole’ In Ibadan by Katsumoto: 6:11pm On May 13, 2010
na_so:

Abeg behave o.
I do not have a problem if you have anything to grind with Yorubas, but my guy if you enter U.I side na big trouble you dey find o.

I guess he assumed that only Yoruba people go to UI since its in Ibadan. grin grin grin
Re: Police Uncover Another ‘oluwole’ In Ibadan by mekusxxx: 8:02pm On May 13, 2010
Katsumoto:

I guess he assumed that only Yoruba people go to UI since its in Ibadan. grin grin grin

Do some math. How many non-Yoruba versus Yoruba are in UI?
Some 20 versus 80%
Re: Police Uncover Another ‘oluwole’ In Ibadan by mekusxxx: 8:03pm On May 13, 2010
yemmight:

Are u not silly for the highlighted statement. Are people like you not the calibre of people that patronize them. Take it or leave in this country, those ngbatis hold superior certificates and education than any tribe here.

Superior as in superiorly forged certificates you mean?
Re: Police Uncover Another ‘oluwole’ In Ibadan by mekusxxx: 8:05pm On May 13, 2010
na_so:

Abeg behave o.

Bros leave matter, all na dagbo. grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Uncover Another ‘oluwole’ In Ibadan by Katsumoto: 8:21pm On May 13, 2010
mekusxxx:

Do some math. How many non-Yoruba versus Yoruba are in UI?
Some 20 versus 80%

You just keep showing us the value of your $2 million education.
A few questions for you
1. Is the presence of a forger in Ibadan proof that UI students have forged certificates
2. Let me use your percentages of 80% Yoruba and 20% others. Lets assume that UI students used the forger and its the 20% that are not Yoruba. Afterall, there isn't anything in your crap article that alludes to any student using forged documents.
3. How did you come up with your percentages?

UI is one of the most prestigious institutions in Nigeria; only a bloody bigoted fool would cast aspersions on such a noble institution.
Re: Police Uncover Another ‘oluwole’ In Ibadan by mekusxxx: 8:34pm On May 13, 2010
Katsy,

U no know basic math

All 100% na dagbo and 80% of those na Yoruba
the rest 20% na others (Edo, Ijaw, Igbo, hausa, fulani, Calabar etc etc)
So 4 times more Yoruba than others are forgers and that is for UI alone

Only Olodumare knows the number for typical Yoruba unis like Ago Iwoye and Lautech, all neighbours of UI. hHAHAHAH!.
Re: Police Uncover Another ‘oluwole’ In Ibadan by Dede1(m): 2:01pm On May 14, 2010
yemmight:

Are u not silly for the highlighted statement. Are people like you not the calibre of people that patronize them. Take it or leave in this country, those ngbatis hold superior certificates and education than any tribe here.

I do not patronize tribal baiting but you  have certainly taken leap in darkness with bolded statement.

On a serious note though, SEFAGO needs to be alerted about the current situation in Ibadan. grin grin
Re: Police Uncover Another ‘oluwole’ In Ibadan by omongbati1: 5:42am On Dec 20, 2010
Tinubbu style forgery

(1) (Reply)

Ex-governor Meets With Tinubu, Acn Governors Today / BREAKING NEWS: Explosions Rock Different Parts Of Mubi, Adamawa State, Sporadic Gunshots Heard / Omojuwa And Patience Jonathan Exchange Words On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.