Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,754 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) (70342 Views)

Uber's Self-driving Car Just Killed A Pedestrian. / Driver Charged Over Driving Car With a Set of Pliers!! / Toyota’s New Self-driving Car Has Two Steering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by obinoral1179(m): 5:10pm On Apr 10, 2018
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked
you can do better.
Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by uuzba(m): 5:11pm On Apr 10, 2018
wwwtortoise:
cheesy

Whoever deployed that self-driven automobile should remotely monitor it, make boys no go kidnap am.
cheesy

It is a very foolish device.
The car is programmed to stop if there is an obstacle on the road. Somebody just put a stone /jerry can on the road the car will stop.
Jack up tires and remove all the wheels, brake pad. Finish the car. The foolish owner will come from where he is hiding. Idiot oyibos.
Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by mikolo80: 5:19pm On Apr 10, 2018
MRAKBEE:
We are yet to get there..
I don't know when and how cos the way we have all collectively messed up this country in our own unique ways makes it hard for anyone to have hope in Nigeria.
Lets not put all the blame on our politicians cos we are all to blame..
Soon they will come with rice and tomatoes to deceive us into voting for them...
Vote wisely.
We deserve good governance.
rice is not deceit
it is bird in hand worth 30billion in d bush
Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by phemmyfour: 5:39pm On Apr 10, 2018
aleeyus:
They fit stole steal it
Bad pidgin English

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by aleeyus(m): 5:48pm On Apr 10, 2018
phemmyfour:
Bad pidgin English
Pidgin get grammer?
Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by HerXLNC(f): 5:58pm On Apr 10, 2018
Programmed with the matrix in front
Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by damosky12(m): 6:05pm On Apr 10, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

What you have posted is mostly illogical noisemaking not worthy of reply

If you were as enlightened as you try to appear, you would not have supported ravenous pastors in the first place

I just looked at your profile and since your strongest points are insults I deem it necessary to withdraw from this discussion.

Bye

Bye

Not worthy of reply... yet you replied me twice to tell me this. grin.

Then you call some other people primitive?

You really need to grow up before you spew ignorance about.

"If you were as enlightened as you try to appear, you would not have supported ravenous pastors"

Get some education.

Do some studies on logic. You are completely incoherent.
Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 10, 2018
damosky12:

Get some education. The belief in Spirits is traditionally or culturally communicated and not only gained from religions.
Even the ancient philosophers of Athens believed in God and Spirits without being affiliated to religion.

Fallacies. "THEY are vampires and wolves in sheep clothing"

Who are the THEY? The ones you've seen and the ones you've not seen and will never see? Do a study on "hasty generalization"

You post is even comparable to that of those you called primitive.
Very good. Education is the bedrock of any society

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:16pm On Apr 10, 2018
damosky12:

Not worthy of reply... yet you replied me twice to tell me this. grin.

Then you call some other people primitive?

You really need to grow up before you spew ignorance about.

"If you were as enlightened as you try to appear, you would not have supported ravenous pastors"

Get some education.

Do some studies on logic. You are completely incoherent.

Choke on your rage, squirm in agony, kiss the truth : I have made my point. Most pastors are blood sucking vampires and thieves and their defenders, religious bigots such as you are are Sheeple.

Now run along sheep, don't let me delay you. Go make money for tithes on Sunday. Your pastor most probably relies on it.
Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by jack00000: 6:34pm On Apr 10, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:
"Na spirit dey inside..."

What else to expect from people who feed their bodies with snakes and lizards and their minds with lies from pastors, imams and other spiritualists ?

Nigeria is a primitive country, we need to face that fact.
you are one of the senseless Nigerians that calls your people village people. how do you expect them to behave seeing such for the first time? they should pretend? even the whites are filled with surprises whenever they are in Nigeria and see some certain things they've not seen before, instead u see Nigerians as Bn primitive, I doubt if u have even seen an automatic car before not to talk of self driven one
Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by mosesjida(m): 6:45pm On Apr 10, 2018
Nice car..this is showing the Level of our backwardness....This may be hard to say bt it's d truth..d rich are d ones driving this country forward nd standing tall..
Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:48pm On Apr 10, 2018
jack00000:
[s]you are one of the senseless Nigerians that calls your people village people. how do you expect them to behave seeing such for the first time? they should pretend? even the whites are filled with surprises whenever they are in Nigeria and see some certain things they've not seen before, instead u see Nigerians as Bn primitive, I doubt if u have even seen an automatic car before not to talk of self driven one[/s]

Am I expected to respond to your mindless rant ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by linearity: 7:32pm On Apr 10, 2018
Nigeria Police will oppose this technology.....how dem go take collect their N100 naira na?
Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by ehinorlive: 7:59pm On Apr 10, 2018
serously, A lot of people needs to be Educated in Nigeria
Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by khalhokage(m): 8:35pm On Apr 10, 2018
I seriously doubt it's self driving, there's no sensor cluster, it's most likely remote controlled.
Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by yeman1(m): 8:41pm On Apr 10, 2018
AutoJoshNIG:
To some of them, it was magic. To some other, it was spiritual. Some even felt it was being remotely controlled. Someone was heard in the video, saying "Na spirit dey inside".

These were the various impressions some Nigerians entertained when they saw a self-driving car for the first time.

Some of them couldn't help  peeping through the car window to check if someone was indeed driving the car.

Indeed, driverless cars are now a reality in Nigeria.

Anyway, kindly watch the video below and see the amazement as expressed by these Nigerians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0JH3fN_eXE

Source:

https://autojosh.com/see-the-moment-some-nigerians-saw-a-self-driving-car-for-the-first-time-video/

I saw it two years ago in Europe
Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by Stateside: 9:01pm On Apr 10, 2018
How police go collect bribe??
Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by joinnow: 10:37pm On Apr 10, 2018
This just remind me some donkey years ago
That car alarm security came newly into naija.
children will hide and touch the car .... What you will here is don't touch me don't touch me.
Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by joinnow: 10:40pm On Apr 10, 2018
Stateside:
How police go collect bribe??

they go use bike follow the car to the owner house or office. grin
Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by YhungPablo(m): 10:54pm On Apr 10, 2018
Macgreat:
That is not a self driving car.

Bloggers why.
as in they're very stupid... They couldn't video the inside it. Then how will I believe it now . angry
Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by lereinter(m): 10:55pm On Apr 10, 2018
everything in africa is Elementals
Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by Kennedy4wayne: 11:35pm On Apr 10, 2018
My dear friends, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. Join /youthallianceplatform to build a nation we all love. Like us on facebook. We need your support.
Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by laudate: 12:53am On Apr 11, 2018
Uyiii:
well, the only thing I can assure you is that;
this car won't get to it's purposed destination, na person back-yard e go end up last last.

haha, nor be 9ja again, trust 9ja naacheesy

The thing be say, nothing fit make me take any kind trip, inside a driverless car in Nigeria. sad Una no sabi as our roads be for Naija, with all those mad danfo drivers and okada riders, on our streets? shocked I can enter a driverless car abroad, but to sit down as a passenger inside one in Lagos, or any other part of Nigeria? God forbid. angry Cars that are driven by alert drivers with good eyesight, can still end up in the ditch in Naija, due to the antics of other mad drivers on our roads. So is it the one without a driver, that will avoid potholes, dodge greedy policemen, swerve for danfo wey no get brakes, and escape from oncoming traffic? I no want wahala, biko.... undecided

Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by laudate: 12:58am On Apr 11, 2018
Boss13:
I’m in impressed because it is a Toyota Corolla 2008 or 2009 model that was used which means, older vehicle models can be converted to driveless vehicle.

This is a good technology. The demerit is that it may put taxi and Uber drivers out of business

Put Taxify and Uber drivers out of business? How??! shocked
Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 6:26am On Apr 11, 2018
Interesting
Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by mike1994reds: 6:36am On Apr 11, 2018
With our bad road network and outlay, i hope this car no go kill people anyhow, an incident if it hitting a pedestrian has alreasy been recorded in america
Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by jack00000: 8:06am On Apr 14, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

Am I expected to respond to your mindless rant ?
you will definitely respond when you top up your IQ
Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by erico2k2(m): 3:38pm On Apr 14, 2018
sloopyy:
The tech company in charge of it will probably be laughing their ass out seeing how sheepishly those guys were looking at an auto-drive car for the first time in their life, they were dumb not to see the inscription on the bonnet cheesy
make una give 9ja a break, nah so dme round same driveless car in the UK, so its a new tech worldwide,everyone gets like this seeing one for the first time even in the US and the UAE
Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by erico2k2(m): 3:39pm On Apr 14, 2018
yeman1:

I saw it two years ago in Europe
Bross where?? cos trial began late last year and it killed a person this year in the US and it stopped, so where you see your own two years ago?
Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by yeman1(m): 7:57pm On Apr 14, 2018
erico2k2:

Bross where?? cos trial began late last year and it killed a person this year in the US and it stopped, so where you see your own two years ago?

In Germany
Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by yeman1(m): 7:59pm On Apr 14, 2018
erico2k2:

You're wrong bro!
It was brought to the public last year... It wasn't last year they invented.
Even flying car has been into existence but not brought to d public yet.
So I Know what I saw pls.
Re: Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) by erico2k2(m): 8:21pm On Apr 14, 2018
yeman1:

You're wrong bro!
It was brought to the public last year... It wasn't last year they invented.
Even flying car has been into existence but not brought to d public yet.
So I Know what I saw pls.
Im not talking about when it was evented, Im talking when it went on trials,Im asking you where in Europe you saw it, where?
Least we 4get, this technology is American not European.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Checkout These Cars Manufactured By Innoson Manufacturing Company Nigeria(pics) / How Does Burst Silencer/exhaust Affect Fuel Consumption? / Lady Meets Snake While Coming Down From Her Husband's Car, Then This Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.