Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,050 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio (4730 Views)

Houssam Diab, Lebanese Ambassador Walked Out On Reps / Fani-Kayode: "Sheriff Is A Thug Who Walked Out On Jonathan, Insulted Governors" / Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by Aquariann: 4:55pm On Apr 10, 2018
Arsenella007:

First, the Quota system was established prior to 1960 to give a sense of belonging to all the different Ethnic groups in Nigeria, this gave rise to the establishment of the Federal character commission in 1979,so what is the relationship between the quota system and the Igbos?
Secondly not all the Eastern States have 3 unity schools. Get your facts right.

My bad, that was supposed to be minimum of two unity schools. A mix up of states I've had dealings with. Modified previous posts accordingly.

Meanwhile, Delta, Bauchi, Kano, Jigawa, Kwara, Kogi all have two each.
Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by ofai: 5:03pm On Apr 10, 2018
buhariguy:
I like that from a courageous Nigerians, not from idiotic pigs of Biafra.

Please go to school, stop "shooting" us here.

1 Like

Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by Turantula(m): 5:08pm On Apr 10, 2018
Mynd44:
While some of the concerns are valid, some can also be explained by "Affirmative action".

Why can someone in Zamfara who scored 28 be admitted? Because you want them to attend. You want it as a way to entice them
Quota system Zombie

5 Likes

Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by Turantula(m): 5:11pm On Apr 10, 2018
Ahmedie28:
May God punish you , if all you said is a lie
Amadioha will strike you down for all he said is FACT

2 Likes

Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by Turantula(m): 5:15pm On Apr 10, 2018
Aquariann:

The North were okay with how things were been ran in their region, including understanding their educational challenges. They were okay with the pace with which things progressed in their region until some greedy foreigners decided to invade and take advantage of them through the back door with the infamous unification decree.

Fortunately/Unfortunately (depending on where you stand), the situation turned out to favour them and they've successfully held the rest of the Nation hostage since then. My question now is, why is it that the same people who disrupted the regional arrangement and set up of the country (with the aim of overlording the rest of the nation) are always the first to cry when they feel cheated by the North?

Until they answer the question of why the unification decree was passed and the motive behind it, they'll keep screaming injustice, pretending they don't know how we got to this sorry state.

And no, I'm not shifting goal post. I'm just saying when ever an injustice favours them, they keep quiet, but scream the loudest when they don't have their way. Something they've always done. You know, hypocrisy.
Quota system have permanently damaged your thinking faculty

6 Likes

Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by Aquariann: 5:49pm On Apr 10, 2018
Turantula:

Quota system have permanently damaged your thinking faculty

No sir, I'm from the Southern part of Nigeria (I'd like to assume you are too) and I'm strongly against it and would rather things were done or positons given based on merit. But we cannot deny the fact that the present Nigerian arrangement isn't working, because even the merit system can (and would) be abused.

Take for instance, currently all service chiefs save for the CDS and CNS are from the North. The south has only two, with the south east having none.

The government of the day can safely argue they appointed qualified hands into all the positions held by Northerners. Would they be right? Yes. But does it seem fair? That no single south easterner was qualified enough for even one of those positions? No, not fair.

The quota system was meant to address situations like this when followed in sincerity. So you see, the quota system wasn't/isn't that bad to say when applied right. Hence, nothing wrong is reducing the cut off mark for the educationally disadvantaged northern kids to be encouraged and be able to have quality education like their southern brothers.

Again to show how silly the quota system can be, take the case of the super eagles team that won the last Nations cuo for Nigeria. The first (and winning) team with exception to Ahmed Musa and someone else (cant remember the name) were all from the south east. If quota system was to be applied in that team, every zone (NE, NC, NW, SS, SE,SW) should have been represented with at least two players from their zone. If a man from the SW was to be substituted he must be replaced by another SW player. It doesn't matter if one is a striker and the other a defender but the player needed at that moment was a midfielder.

So you see, this is the ugly situation we find ourselves in. My solution? Let us go back to regionalism and resource control. But before then, the people who destroyed that arrangement due to greed and selfishness must apologize to the rest of the nation and stop crying victims all the time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by jom28gy(m): 6:30pm On Apr 10, 2018
Nice questions, asked at the right time. A pertinent question yelding for an answer

3 Likes

Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by Babagy823: 7:46pm On Apr 10, 2018
Fvkcing idiot
ShyCypher:
The Zamfara boy who scored 28 must be a state hero.

Any ab0ki who can successfully fill his names and exam number in his exam sheet deserves a scholarship.

Bank tellers they cannot fill sef but they know the exact location of the heart, kidney, jugular, etc.

Fun fact: Every Hausa / Fulani boy above 14 years of age has murdered someone before.

2 Likes

Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by ofai: 7:57pm On Apr 10, 2018
Aquariann:

No sir, I'm from the Southern part of Nigeria (I'd like to assume you are too) and I'm strongly against it and would rather things were done or positons given based on merit. But we cannot deny the fact that the present Nigerian arrangement isn't working, because even the merit system can (and would) be abused.

Take for instance, currently all service chiefs save for the CDS and CNS are from the North. The south has only two, with the south east having none.

The government of the day can safely argue they appointed qualified hands into all the positions held by Northerners. Would they be right? Yes. But does it seem fair? That no single south easterner was qualified enough for even one of those positions? No, not fair.

The quota system was meant to address situations like this when followed in sincerity. So you see, the quota system wasn't/isn't that bad to say when applied right. Hence, nothing wrong is reducing the cut off mark for the educationally disadvantaged northern kids to be encouraged and be able to have quality education like their southern brothers.

Again to show how silly the quota system can be, take the case of the super eagles team that won the last Nations cuo for Nigeria. The first (and winning) team with exception to Ahmed Musa and someone else (cant remember the name) were all from the south east. If quota system was to be applied in that team, every zone (NE, NC, NW, SS, SE,SW) should have been represented with at least two players from their zone. If a man from the SW was to be substituted he must be replaced by another SW player. It doesn't matter if one is a striker and the other a defender but the player needed at that moment was a midfielder.

So you see, this is the ugly situation we find ourselves in. My solution? Let us go back to regionalism and resource control. But before then, the people who destroyed that arrangement due to greed and selfishness must apologize to the rest of the nation and stop crying victims all the time.

Story..... The service chiefs aren't even qualified. Prosecuting a war requires high cognitive effort. Not just pulling triggers.

You think speaking in favour of this northern policy will make you look good before them? I pity you.

2 Likes

Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 10, 2018
Aquariann:

I sincerely wish that someone who went to primary, secondary and tertiary institutions through quota system will attend to you or your dear loved ones when you are in critical situations.

2 Likes

Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by emmysoftyou: 8:40pm On Apr 10, 2018
Aquariann:

if I call you pained afonja, you will claim naija delta now.

Re you expecting we the igbos should apologize on his behalf?
We don't even know if he was advised to do so. Some past dictatorship leaders practiced Unitarian system of government.
So because of that you're so pained and frustrated about the igbos. I have read about two of your comments and it end with hatred and blaming the igbos.
Guy we are the new generation of ndigbo, we're not born when aguiyi ironsi took such decisions that later favour the north but since Nigeria is not practicing true federalism hence our criticism.
Guy, if you can't move on and you keep castigating the igbo then we'll insult you back..

Imhotep, onyeoga, lzaa ,nonaira1

Someone is crying and frustrated about the igbos here.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by LZAA: 10:18pm On Apr 10, 2018
emmysoftyou:

We don't even know if he was advised to do so. Some past dictatorship leaders practiced Unitarian system of government.
So because of that you're so pained and frustrated about the igbos. I have read about two of your comments and it end with hatred and blaming the igbos.
Guy we are the new generation of ndigbo, we're not born when aguiyi ironsi took such decisions that later favour the north but since Nigeria is not practicing true federalism hence our criticism.
Guy, if you can't move on and you keep castigating the igbo then we'll insult you back..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by Aquariann: 11:38pm On Apr 10, 2018
emmysoftyou:

Frustrated about the Igbos? Lol. You guys are so delusional. Who opened the thread complaining about what's happening in Zamfara unity school?

Nah, I'm a proud Yoruba man from the South western state of Lagos. I have no reason to deny my origin just like I'm not a wanderer looking for something in Zamfara state. If either of Kings, Queens, FSTC Yaba or FGC Ijanikin Colleges had denied my tribesmen or statesmen admission even when qualified, I would have been bothered. . I don't give two fvcks about what happens to you lots, or what goes on in Zamfara FGCs for that matter. Once in a while, we just have to point out the hypocrisy associated with your eternal cries of injustice. Cry babies.

2 Likes

Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by Aquariann: 11:45pm On Apr 10, 2018
jusRadical:

I sincerely wish that someone who went to primary, secondary and tertiary institutions through quota system will attend to you or your dear loved ones when you are in critical situations.

Not my issue that you failed to understand the post you quoted. Keep your wishes for yourself.
Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by LZAA: 12:02am On Apr 11, 2018
Aquariann:

Frustrated about the Igbos? Lol. You guys are so delusional. Who opened the thread complaining about what's happening in Zamfara unity school?

Nah, I'm a proud Yoruba man from the South western state of Lagos. I have no reason to deny my origin just like I'm not a wanderer looking for something in Zamfara state. If either of Kings, Queens, FSTC Yaba or FGC Ijanikin Colleges had denied my tribesmen or statesmen admission even when qualified, I would have been bothered. . I don't give two fvcks about what happens to you lots, or what goes on in Zamfara FGCs for that matter. Once in a while, we just have to point out the hypocrisy associated with your eternal cries of injustice. Cry babies.
me i am an omoluabi but i'm from osogbo
i hate when all of us claim lagos cuz our oda states na bullpoo grin

1 Like

Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by Aquariann: 12:11am On Apr 11, 2018
LZAA:

me i am an omoluabi but i'm from osogbo
i hate when all of us claim lagos cuz our oda states na bullpoo grin

How's it my business where you come from you this wanderer from Afikpo? Should I apologize for my state of origin because it is the state you lots envy and would live to convert to yours so much?
Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by LZAA: 12:38am On Apr 11, 2018
Aquariann:

How's it my business where you come from you this wanderer from Afikpo? Should I apologize for my state of origin because it is the state you lots envy and would live to convert to yours so much?
me i am from osogbo ooooh
sai caliphate
cc imhotep onyeoga
Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by QuotaSystem: 12:48am On Apr 11, 2018
So much lies & ignorance on this thread it stinks like a pig sty.

Greedy noisy quasi-literate hypocritical pigs polluting cyberspace.

1 Like

Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by Arsenella007(f): 10:57am On Apr 11, 2018
QuotaSystem:
So much lies & ignorance on this thread it stinks like a pig sty.

Greedy noisy quasi-literate hypocritical pigs polluting cyberspace.

Kindly point out the lies, instead of bleating like a castrated he goat .
Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by Algebra12: 11:11am On Apr 11, 2018
Aquariann:

You see, I argued earlier that it is not fair to deny people who meet the cut off mark when there are spaces available, having taken all the northern kids that scored 2 and the likes, but you gloated because you want to mock the Easterners that they should eat the dish served them because they are Ironsi kinsmen.
That they should suffer the actions of a military head of state who happens to come from the east and not complain that its not fair. So now, why are you bringing fairness into it?

Remember, " whatever goes around, always comes around"
Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by Omololu2121: 11:47am On Apr 11, 2018
Aquariann:

You haven't answered the question of why it was implemented in the first place.. Wetin Una been dey find for other region their government matter?

[/b]And secondly, why should it be reversed? Because you lost out in your own schemes at the end?[b]
are you saying this present arrangement is working
Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by Aquariann: 12:25pm On Apr 11, 2018
Omololu2121:
are you saying this present arrangement is working

Nope.. It's not.
Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by plaetton: 12:48pm On Apr 11, 2018
Mynd44:
While some of the concerns are valid, some can also be explained by "Affirmative action".

Why can someone in Zamfara who scored 28 be admitted? Because you want them to attend. You want it as a way to entice them
There is nothing wrong with affirmative action, or trying to encourage Northern children to attend school by bending the standards for them.
The problem here is that they are deliberately denying those that are qualified even though there is more than enough capacity to accommodate them.
Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by Ojiofor: 1:04pm On Apr 11, 2018
Arsenella007:

First, the Quota system was established prior to 1960 to give a sense of belonging to all the different Ethnic groups in Nigeria, this gave rise to the establishment of the Federal character commission in 1979,so what is the relationship between the quota system and the Igbos?
Secondly not all the Eastern States have 3 unity schools. Get your facts right.

Quota ssystem system and unity school are post war policies of Gen Gowon.
Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by triblehaul1: 1:10pm On Apr 11, 2018
CSTR1003:

Affirmative action?

They are so uneducated that they need affirmative action to enter unity schools yet they dominate the political sphere of this country and dictate our national direction.

Does that seem right?
They need affirmative action to go to school, but they don't need affirmative action to enter politics.

It doesn’t seem right n not merit based when any other tribe dominates a scene in Nigeria e.g the political scene but it is very alright n merit based when Igbo dominate the Nigeria football team.

My sister / brother may your tribe be cured of its madness.
Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by triblehaul1: 1:15pm On Apr 11, 2018
Kemperor:
Educational imbalance but yet, they occupy 80% of all government agencies and Parastatals in the country...

Nigeria is a fruad in all ramifications..

and with all your education n brilliance you can not upstage them from holding both elective n selective offices. Many of you Igbo argue as if you are demented.
Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by CSTR1003: 1:18pm On Apr 11, 2018
triblehaul1:

It doesn’t seem right n not merit based when any other tribe dominates a scene in Nigeria e.g the political scene but it is very alright n merit based when Igbo dominate the Nigeria football team.

My sister / brother may your tribe be cured of its madness.
Are you okay?
Are the igbos in the football team there because of some affirmative action?

Do you even know the meaning of affirmative action?

If you have better football players than igbos, you are free to put them in. I will even support you.
Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by triblehaul1: 1:20pm On Apr 11, 2018
kraftyiyk:
grin

Mynd 44 according to the text, the dude from Zamfara actually scored 2! As in count one then two! The 28 was the total number of the pupil from zamfara.

"But her counterpart from Zamfara state only needs to guess two answers "

Ironically this lad who managed to score 2 points to gain admission will be given a contrasting message every Friday at the mosque that Boko is Haram.

The man also asked, " why will majority of these schools be left without getting filled to their capacity, when there are too many earger and intelligent Easterners who needs the spaces?

what beats my imagination is how with all these obvious hate and nepotism against a single tribe, if an NK arises tomorrow to demand refrendum , these same people will start attacking him!
What exactly do Nigeria want from igbos?

Pretty simple, for Igbos to shut up n work at solving the identified problems instead of lamenting about it. How they do that is none of my business too n I do not have any help to render also.
Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by triblehaul1: 1:25pm On Apr 11, 2018
CSTR1003:

Are you okay?
Are the igbos in the football team there because of some affirmative action?

Do you even know the meaning of affirmative action?

If you have better football players than igbos, you are free to put them in. I will even support you.

Story for the Gods when late Keshi had a mix of player fairly not Igbo in the team, did we not hear the uproar from the red mud enclave. Beside do not patronize me only fools reason with the Igbo so you either work with the quota system or proceed to hell. I have no solution for you if you can not work your brain to produce one.

I have zero sympathy to your course.
Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by freeze001(f): 1:31pm On Apr 11, 2018
Mynd44:

The score required for the Zamfara child is actually 4 and not 28; Yobe cutoff is 2.

1 Like

Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by Algebra12: 1:38pm On Apr 11, 2018
triblehaul1:

Pretty simple, for Igbos to shut up n working at solving the identified problems instead of lamenting about it. How they do that is none of my business too n I do not have any help to render also.

Igbos were working at solving the problems they identified in Nigeria, but you and your likes sent python and to go dance on their head.

They wanted out of this contraption, you refused and insist we must all sink together but you don't want them to COMPLAIN about your injustices and ineptitudes?

What can be more inconsistent than that?

1 Like

Re: Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio by Arsenella007(f): 1:47pm On Apr 11, 2018
Ojiofor:

Quota ssystem system and unity school are post war policies of Gen Gowon.

Quota system was pre 1960..Read it up before arguing.. But Federal character was established after the war.. 1979 to be exact

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yorubas, The Reason Ibos Hate Buhari Is Simply Osinbajo / What Nnamdi Kanu Told Us In DSS Custody, #dunamis5 Activist Opens Up / Ak 2015 Governorship Race: Why Umana Okon Umana Must Run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.