Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,080 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

High Definition Receivers(hd) - Satellite TV Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / High Definition Receivers(hd) (58074 Views)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Redline Satellite Receivers / Strong Receivers Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by steamslide(m): 3:03am On Dec 24, 2010
@Badaru

I am a COMPLETE novice, here is what I want: To watch EPL via fta.

I was told by a local installer here in Benin city that an HD decoder would do the job when used with a 3.5M dish.
He claimed that I could watch EPL on AD sports channel on nilesat and nova channel on hotbird.

1. Is this true? Can I watch EPL with an HD decoder on nilesat with a 3.5M dish in Benin city?
2. Do I need anything else (because another person mentioned "microbox", though the guy also said "microbox" was unreliable.
3. Another option I was told is that  I should have a modem equipped with a sim card combined with some other devices bla bla bla

The result is that I am thoroughly confused. I have noticed that most of the installers dont seem to know what they are doing cos one tells me exacly what the other says does not work!

I have spent money on these guys, yet no show! I am left with a 3.5m dish and a 4669 strong decoder and I can barely get more channels than multitv was giving me with a small dish for a fraction of acquisition cost.

Pls nairaland gurus make una come to my aid!!

waiting and hoping
Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by badaru1(m): 5:58am On Dec 24, 2010
give me a call 08066061677

steamslide:

@Badaru

I was told by a local installer here in Benin city that an HD decoder would do the job when used with a 3.5M dish.
He claimed that I could watch EPL on AD sports channel on nilesat and nova channel on hotbird.

1. Is this true? Can I watch EPL with an HD decoder on nilesat with a 3.5M dish in Benin city?
2. Do I need anything else (because another person mentioned "microbox", though the guy also said "microbox" was unreliable.
3. Another option I was told is that I should have a modem equipped with a sim card combined with some other devices bla bla bla

The result is that I am thoroughly confused. I have noticed that most of the installers dont seem to know what they are doing cos one tells me exacly what the other says does not work!

I have spent money on these guys, yet no show! I am left with a 3.5m dish and a 4669 strong decoder and I can barely get more channels than multitv was giving me with a small dish for a fraction of acquisition cost.

waiting and hoping
Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by life707: 9:47pm On Dec 24, 2010
steamslide:

@Badaru

3. Another option I was told is that  I should have a modem equipped with a sim card combined with some other devices bla bla bla

waiting and hoping

For EPL/LA LIGA/ SERIE A & UCL;
You can use your 3.5m(esp if pan) & 49x to track Eritrea tv2 on Arabsat 5a(Ku) @ 30.5E.

Tracking Frequency; 12612v2590 fec-3/4 (google the biss keys).

I still insist you contact Badaru1 for more help.
Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by steamslide(m): 11:28am On Dec 25, 2010
@LIFE707

Thanks man.

I guess I have to call the installers again, because like I said am a complete novice. I dont know how to imput the frequencies.

When you say track eritrea tv2, do I have to mess around with the dish or I can do it indoors with my decoder?

My 3.5m dish is fixed on nilesat position at the moment.
Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by steamslide(m): 11:30am On Dec 25, 2010
@Badaru1,

I shall give you a call later today. Thanks
Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by life707: 10:46pm On Dec 25, 2010
steamslide:

@LIFE707

Thanks man.

I guess I have to call the installers again, because like I said am a complete novice. I dont know how to imput the frequencies.

When you say track eritrea tv2, do I have to mess around with the dish or I can do it indoors with my decoder?

My 3.5m dish is fixed on nilesat position at the moment.

Since u'r a novice, let ur installer take charge
Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by steamslide(m): 7:51am On Dec 26, 2010
@life707

You forgot to answer the question, do i need to move the dish?

If its just indoor stuff, i should be able to learn and do it myself, besides each time I call the installers they take me take me to town in wad!
Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by steamslide(m): 7:56am On Dec 26, 2010
@Badaru1

Am still expecting ur details in my phone so I can order for the HD. you were supposed to sms me after we spoke on phone

I have also googled the stuff you asked me to, I think I have a fairly good idea about the process now.
Ball in your court pls.
Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by hooged: 9:26am On Dec 26, 2010
pls at all the gurus i need to know the difference btw stong 4669 decoder and infinty HD decoder
Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by lexxybb: 9:12pm On Dec 26, 2010
pls guru in the house i need a tutorial on how i can use a disecq with infinity tv decoder. the decoder supports disecq 1.0 and 1.2
Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by life707: 9:28pm On Dec 26, 2010
steamslide:

@life707

You forgot to answer the question, do i need to move the dish?

If its just indoor stuff, i should be able to learn and do it myself, besides each time I call the installers they take me take me to town in wad!

Yes,you need to move ur dish. keep an eye on what ever he does & read from the forum,so as to marry what he does with what you read.
cheers
Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by deguy2: 1:14am On Jan 17, 2011
All gurus in the house, I need your expert help. I am new this business, I recently bought a strong srt 4910 hd decoder, connected to a full hd lcd tv through a hdmi cable. I subscribed to a dstv premium bouquet. I cannot view any of the dstv hd channel.I don't know if I need any keys, codes or patch. I have contacted a dstv technician and I am told than they have keys embedded in their hd decoders. I need your help as I connot afford 80k+ for dstv hd decoder.
Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by twinskenny(m): 10:52am On Jan 17, 2011
deguy2:

All gurus in the house, I need your expert help. I am new this business, I recently bought a strong srt 4910 hd decoder, connected to a full hd lcd tv through a hdmi cable. I subscribed to a dstv premium bouquet. I cannot view any of the dstv hd channel.I don't know if I need any keys, codes or patch. I have contacted a dstv technician and I am told than they have keys embedded in their hd decoders. I need your help as I connot afford 80k+ for dstv hd decoder.

Sorry bros, there is no way around it for now, unless you buy ther HD decoder, cos thos HD channels is attached to ther decoder.
Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by saintchyco: 1:28pm On Jan 17, 2011
@ deguy2,

for the HD channel you have to pay 11,500 for the access not 9500
please call DSTV
Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by twinskenny(m): 4:27pm On Jan 17, 2011
saintchyco:

@ deguy2,

for the HD channel you have to pay 11,500 for the access not 9500
please call DSTV

dont mislead the guy, he cant watch dstv hd channels on a different decoder it has to be a DSTV HDpVR.
Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by muhammedr: 4:58pm On Jan 17, 2011
there is eriteriatv2 on arabsat5a now showing live football matches and if need my assistance on motorized dish call me on 07042654043
Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by saintchyco: 3:20pm On Jan 18, 2011
@ twin, you are right about the DSTV HD channels
Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by 2legit2qt(m): 2:43pm On Jan 20, 2011
twinskenny:

dont mislead the guy, he cant watch dstv hd channels on a different decoder it has to be a DSTV HDpVR.

U're rite my broda. DSTV HD channels can only b viewed using their HDPVR decoder. Any oda means is a waste of time, effort and resources. deguy2 b informed.
Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 21, 2011
@Guru is there a software that takes care of the defaults in the strong 4900 hd and 4910 hd.apart from using the usb fan.
Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by Ilish(m): 9:16pm On Mar 05, 2011
@All,You guyz there dont seem to have the SRT 4930HD decoder there.It has no heating or any other defect.Am using it and I must admit that its a piece of art
Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by life707: 10:11pm On Mar 05, 2011
^^
we do have it in kano, Nigeria. i visited a major sat dealer sep ,2010 & he showed me this HD STR 4930 complaining that since he brought it in, nobody

was willin to buy. Actually when i looked at it it was so big that i also was not interested in buying it either-may be ignorance. Pls educate us abt it.
Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by steamslide(m): 6:56am On Mar 07, 2011
Life707

Yes,you need to move your dish. keep an eye on what ever he does & read from the forum,so as to marry what he does with what you read.
cheers

Apart from the 3.5m dish cant I use the smaller dish (like the dstv dish ) to track Eriteriatv2? And must the dish be motorized?
Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by steamslide(m): 6:59am On Mar 07, 2011
Guys any new method of watching EPL without paying to DSTV? I just hate to let go of my cash to those guys at DSTV. I 'd rather pay other bodies!
Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by obnelly: 8:47pm On Mar 07, 2011
why are u so particular about DSTV.if u cant pay dstv then go for hitv or mytv.no pain no gain,u cant eat ur cake and still have it.
Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by Eltonluigi(m): 1:59am On Mar 09, 2011
@steamslide u just need a motorized setting for your antenna,simply buy a jack and positioner i'm sure there are couple of sats dat broadcast live Soccer/EPL matches for freaks like u!
Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by steamslide(m): 10:05am On Mar 10, 2011
Eltonluigi
@steamslide u just need a motorized setting for your antenna,simply buy a jack and positioner i'm sure there are couple of sats dat broadcast live Soccer/EPL matches for freaks like u!

My question is: apart from the 3.5m dish, can I get same results if I motorize smaller dish like the dstv dish?
Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by ayibatonye(m): 11:26am On Mar 10, 2011
steamslide:

Eltonluigi
My question is: apart from the 3.5m dish, can I get same results if I motorize smaller dish like the dstv dish?
you can't motorize DSTV size of dish that is a fixed dish
Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 10, 2011
ayibatonye:

you can't motorize DSTV size of dish that is a fixed dish

who says u can't motorize dstv size of dish. If u wanna motorize 90cm (or of greater sizes) offset dishes, contact JOE on 08126875150. He did mine and what a wonderful job he did.I have got 11 satellite on board. No more fight wit landlord over where to put offset dishes.I Watch live seria A/LA LIGA/UCL/EPL/EUROPA LEAGUE among others.
Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by Eltonluigi(m): 1:13pm On Mar 10, 2011
u can't get c-band on 90cm dish,is betta u go for 1.5m pan or 2.5m mesh or fiber!
Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 10, 2011
Eltonluigi:

u can't get c-band on 90cm dish,is betta u go for 1.5m pan or 2.5m mesh or fiber!

what's showing on cband dat i haven't got on my 2.6 m fibre. Am i missing something?
Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by Eltonluigi(m): 3:25pm On Mar 10, 2011
@kinnmen yeah missing lots of sat like atlantic bird dat host the mbc's,cnn,voa is on nss 7 c-band,nilesat,badr 4,intelsats mahn c-band got lots to offer i just can't be naming!
Re: High Definition Receivers(hd) by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 10, 2011
Eltonluigi:

@kinnmen yeah missing lots of sat like atlantic bird dat host the mbc's,cnn,voa is on nss 7 c-band,nilesat,badr 4,intelsats mahn c-band got lots to offer i just can't be naming!

d last time i checked mbc action is on nilesat &badr. Both birds are on ku band,atlantic bird 3c has nothing of importance to give except u b an ally of d Libya Dictator(just kidding).so do 'ur home work well b4 posting. What i don't have on my motorised 1m offset are birds with outside africa beams(like arabsat5a ku,galaxy11,hotbird, nilesat.,etc) and my 2.6m fibre prime focus dish takes of dat. VOA TV is not on nss7/c @22'W.

NB: I do watch c band on my motorise 2.6m.i have 2 offset,1 with a dielectric,d other is without öne

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help The Moderator / *~ PIDZO Voted The Satellite Poster Guru Of The Year 2012 *~ Congratulations! / Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.