Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,181 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Is It Advisable To Cross The Nigerian Local Dog(female) With A Bullmastiff(male) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Is It Advisable To Cross The Nigerian Local Dog(female) With A Bullmastiff(male) (2828 Views)

Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? / Purebred German Shepherd Dog, Female At 80,000 / Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable To Cross The Nigerian Local Dog(female) With A Bullmastiff(male) by Hound123: 1:56pm On Apr 10, 2018
GOD bless u all as u comment
Re: Is It Advisable To Cross The Nigerian Local Dog(female) With A Bullmastiff(male) by adesanyadotun: 5:46pm On Apr 10, 2018
Not advisable, if you love bullmassiff, save money and get one or you can adopt one if available. Cross deforms breeds generation.
I have a male local dog and a German Shepherd and won't allow them mate.
Keep the local pet if you love it and trust God for your choice fog soonest.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Cross The Nigerian Local Dog(female) With A Bullmastiff(male) by Hound123: 5:55pm On Apr 10, 2018
Thank u so much bro for the advise.
Re: Is It Advisable To Cross The Nigerian Local Dog(female) With A Bullmastiff(male) by Barlowskillz(m): 6:40pm On Apr 10, 2018
Ode ni e

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Cross The Nigerian Local Dog(female) With A Bullmastiff(male) by Eveezy(m): 9:36pm On Apr 10, 2018
Why not? It's best using an elephant tho

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Cross The Nigerian Local Dog(female) With A Bullmastiff(male) by donshaize(m): 12:22am On Apr 11, 2018
i doubt any owner of a bull mastiff would allow...
would love to see the outcome tho

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Cross The Nigerian Local Dog(female) With A Bullmastiff(male) by Hound123: 7:23am On Apr 11, 2018
Thanks alot guys.
Re: Is It Advisable To Cross The Nigerian Local Dog(female) With A Bullmastiff(male) by adisabarber(m): 5:53pm On Apr 11, 2018
The nyash of the ekuke no go tear?
Re: Is It Advisable To Cross The Nigerian Local Dog(female) With A Bullmastiff(male) by divinest: 4:18am On Apr 12, 2018
nope... not advisable at all we had the same problem on nairaland by a nairalander saying that his male gsd humped on an ekuke n the rest was a reaction on his back.... it's strictly prohibited
Re: Is It Advisable To Cross The Nigerian Local Dog(female) With A Bullmastiff(male) by rumenase(m): 7:37pm On Apr 13, 2018
if not for anything consider the health of yur dog cos the pups may be too big for her to push which may lead to complications and a whole Lotta other stuffs.... but in a nutshell No
Re: Is It Advisable To Cross The Nigerian Local Dog(female) With A Bullmastiff(male) by TeddyC: 9:04am On Apr 14, 2018
You are free to do dat... but d day I catch u selling d puppies as boerboels is d day u will die!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Cross The Nigerian Local Dog(female) With A Bullmastiff(male) by Hound123: 9:10am On Apr 14, 2018
LOL TEDDY abeg o!!! I will not die o nobody will die.Take am easy bro.
Re: Is It Advisable To Cross The Nigerian Local Dog(female) With A Bullmastiff(male) by okikiosibodu(m): 11:36pm On May 01, 2018
TeddyC:
You are free to do dat... but d day I catch u selling d puppies as boerboels is d day u will die!!!
LOL. You have no aorta of chill. But to be factual, that is how many of them will now advertise "buy your bullmastiff puppy", and purposely "forget" to add that it is an hybrid

OP, great thing u soughted opinions before dabbling into it...... The ans is no. Just as poverty cannot be totally eradicated, so also millers and crossbreeds. Crossbreeds/ hybrids are been frowned at, cos of many reasons..... First of all, forget anything called pedigree, cos it's genetic make up will be altered. The offsprings too, will have a misplaced ancestry cos u won't be able to categorically classify them as a single breed, no matter what kind of dog they are crossed with.
The temperament of the offsprings will be hard to determine and this could be a threat, and can be life threatening, as simple as it may sound
The market value generally dropped, and both the buyer and seller won't be too happy with the deal (where honesty is the key).
A true breeder breeds to conform with the standards of a breed.... Hybrids do not support that. Stay safe, stay frosty OP

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Cross The Nigerian Local Dog(female) With A Bullmastiff(male) by Hound123: 12:24pm On May 08, 2018
Thank u so much bro I really appreciate ur advise o.
Re: Is It Advisable To Cross The Nigerian Local Dog(female) With A Bullmastiff(male) by Oluwafreshing(m): 6:01pm On May 08, 2018
Yo fam don't. Only cross like dogs. Same breed to same breed. Don't do different breeds please.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Cross The Nigerian Local Dog(female) With A Bullmastiff(male) by kushlord: 1:40am On May 09, 2018
TeddyC:

rotfl.. seconded

(1) (Reply)

Israeli Man Walks His Dog With Drone / My Boerboel littered. / Diary Of Burgzy (an Abused 10years Old Boerboel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.