Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,119 members, 7,953,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:28 PM

This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos (68260 Views)

What Herbert Macaulay Way In Yaba, Lagos Looks Like In 2021 (pics, Video) / Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) / See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by mmsen: 4:40pm On Apr 13, 2018
Paperwhite:
OP this is not the Lagos I know esp.in places where all these pix were taken.Nice pics anyway. smiley

Maybe early morning on Sunday? I usually go for a run at 6 and it looks a bit like that, especially on Sunday.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by eluquenson(m): 4:41pm On Apr 13, 2018
That's not Lagos but Victoria Island axis

1 Like

Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by Robisky001(m): 4:41pm On Apr 13, 2018
Is this a summary of Lagos or just some hand pick.
Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by izzou(m): 4:42pm On Apr 13, 2018
AutoReportNG:
I cant stop laughing, this is a normal Lagos picture taken on Sunday evening, not even on public holiday, I know many people are surprised cos this is unlike the bustling and hazzles of the city, but the truth is that, this is Lagos at Weekend, others will follow suit later

Lalasticlala

Dont worry

If I'm free, I will take pictures of Oshodi in the evening, Mazamaza, IyanaIpaja and Yaba in the morning, and Western Avenue and Surulere in the afternoon

I'm sure you'll take down this thread after you see them

It's evident that the mod that brought this to front page resides outside Lagos

3 Likes

Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 13, 2018
.. smiley…I
Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by AutoReportNG: 4:46pm On Apr 13, 2018
izzou:

Dont worry

If I'm free, I will take pictures of Oshodi in the evening, Mazamaza, IyanaIpaja and Yaba in the morning, and Western Avenue and Surulere in the afternoon

I'm sure you'll take down this thread after you see them

It's evident that the mod that brought this to front page resides outside Lagos

What are you insunating? These are not Lagos pictures? Are VI, Falomo, Ikoyi not part of Lagos?
Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by Sagay212: 4:46pm On Apr 13, 2018
Oga why always taking pictures of V.I,lekki and ikoyi...Go and take pictures from yaba, oshodi, okoko, ajangbadi, ikotun, ikorodu, iyana ipaja, igando, agbara, alagbado, ijegun, okota, abi all these places nor be part of lagos?

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by Tobyarab(m): 4:48pm On Apr 13, 2018
Showing us pics of streets on business district area.who goes to work on Sunday .OP no try. this is one sided reportage. I live in Lagos, Sunday's are fairly clear on Lagos roads generally but it's not as free as the pics depict.

3 Likes

Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by xynerise: 4:49pm On Apr 13, 2018
So the Island is the only part of Lagos you know?

1 Like

Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by AutoReportNG: 4:51pm On Apr 13, 2018
xynerise:
So the Island is the only part of Lagos you know?

We taking the places one step at a time, Imagine going to Badagry from Island, it costs a lot, don't worry, we are coming to your locality soon, it will be an unbiased reportage, promise!!!

1 Like

Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by izzou(m): 4:53pm On Apr 13, 2018
AutoReportNG:

What are you insunating? These are not Lagos pictures? Are VI, Falomo, Ikoyi not part of Lagos?

Ikorodu
Agege
Yaba
Surulere
Ajegunle
Apapa
Alimosho
IyanaIpaja
Badagry
Somolu
Gbagada

And the rest are part of Lagos. And you use only three pictures of VI, Falomo and Ikoyi to convince people that that is truly Lagos?

This thread doesn't not reflect Lagos in anyway. You just wanted to make front-page and posted this lie

Anybody who stays in Lagos, whether mainland or Island know that this isn't Lagos in anyway

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by nabegibeg: 4:54pm On Apr 13, 2018
Cheapy:
I disagree with you on this one @OP, not Lagos on weekends

Oga, if you don't go out on weekends you will think that part of Lagos is too busy

The OP is right that is how that part of Lagos is on weekends ok

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by Sagay212: 4:54pm On Apr 13, 2018
AutoReportNG:
I cant stop laughing, this is a normal Lagos picture taken on Sunday evening, not even on public holiday, I know many people are surprised cos this is unlike the bustling and hazzles of the city, but the truth is that, this is Lagos at Weekend, others will follow suit later

Lalasticlala

WTF is this man saying? The only people who will be surprised by these funny pictures are people who haven't been to lagos or V.I and lekki people who have never been to the mainland. Man lagos doesn't end on V.I, ikoyi and lekki. Infact if you go to ordinary new market at oniru on a weekend, it won't be this calm. Go to lagos island and see the gra gra even on a weekend not to talk of places like yaba, oyingbo, sabo, okoko, mile2, mile 12 just to mention a few. If you want help your APC government to deceive people, always remember that there are so many other people who were born and raised in lagos and been to almost all nooks and corners of Lagos.

Autojosh seems to be more sincere. Carry your autoreport and go lie to some bush people who haven't been to lagos before.

WHAT A BLATANT AND ANNOYING LIE TO TELL.

4 Likes

Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by graphicsgal3000(f): 4:54pm On Apr 13, 2018
lol...not bad
Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by AutoReportNG: 4:55pm On Apr 13, 2018
izzou:

Ikorodu
Agege
Yaba
Surulere
Ajegunle
Apapa
Alimosho
IyanaIpaja
Badagry
Somolu
Gbagada

And the rest are part of Lagos. And you use only three pictures of VI, Falomo and Ikoyi to convince people that that is truly Lagos?

This thread doesn't not reflect Lagos in anyway. You just wanted to make front-page and posted this lie

Anybody who stays in Lagos, whether mainland or Island know that this isn't Lagos in anyway

Sorry Sir, but its one step at a time, beleive me we can't cover the whole of Lagos in 2 months, so this is more like a season one, others will follow suit... Bros chill, the reportage will be unbiased, factual with truth only
Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by izzou(m): 4:57pm On Apr 13, 2018
nabegibeg:

Oga, if you don't go out on weekends you will think that part of Lagos is too busy

The OP is right that is how that part of Lagos is on weekends ok

Even the island you all claim to live isn't as free as this on a weekend

Go to shoprite or Oniru. What am I saying sef?

Take photos of the toll gate on Saturday evening and see if it's this free

Don't generalize VI, Falomo and Ikoyi as Lagos
Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by xynerise: 4:58pm On Apr 13, 2018
AutoReportNG:

We taking the places one step at a time, Imagine going to Badagry from Island, it costs a lot, don't worry, we are coming to your locality soon, it will be an unbiased reportage, promise!!!

You should have waited to get pictures from different parts of Lagos before reporting.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by HomeOfMe(f): 4:59pm On Apr 13, 2018
AutoReportNG:
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy says a popular saying. After a busy week, man needs to have some hangover and relax over the weekend. AutoReportNG was in Falomo, Awolowo Road in Ikoyi over the weekend, yes, we noticed the dirts are there, all thanks to VisionScape who have become overwhelmed and refused to do their jobs, apart from this, one can't but notice the beauty in Lagos especially when the cars are few on the roads. AutoReportNG decided to take a stroll from Falomo all the way to Muri Okunola, then to some areas in Lagos. The pictures speak for itself, not this is not a sponsored post, this is just a reporter's reportage from his angle.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/04/this-is-what-lagos-looks-like-on.html

What did you expect. Most of the people working in Lagos live on the mainland and Lagos-ogun borders like Berger,mowe/ibafo,agbado,etc.
Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by loomer: 5:00pm On Apr 13, 2018
city centre wey supos dey busy every day of the week at l3ast because of tourist
Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by Oduwils222(m): 5:01pm On Apr 13, 2018
Ok, this is Island, now show us Mainland lets see. mainland is always busy.
Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by izzou(m): 5:02pm On Apr 13, 2018
AutoReportNG:

Sorry Sir, but its one step at a time, beleive me we can't cover the whole of Lagos in 2 months, so this is more like a season one, others will follow suit... Bros chill, the reportage will be unbiased, factual with truth only

Then change your title to " This is what VI, Falomo and Ikotun looks like on Weekends"

I came in here expecting you to take pictures of spots that are actually busy on weekdays. Example is Marina, Third mainland bridge, Oshodi, and a lot.

What's the population of Falomo that you'll use it to generalize Lagos?

You reside on the island. I understand. But try to get all the pieces ready before you post.

Don't take my rants personal. I just felt a little bit disappointed when I came in here

Nice job,by the way

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by nabegibeg: 5:04pm On Apr 13, 2018
izzou:

Even the island you all claim to live isn't as free as this on a weekend

Go to shoprite or Oniru. What am I saying sef?

Take photos of the toll gate on Saturday evening and see if it's this free

Don't generalize VI, Falomo and Ikoyi as Lagos

it is like you did not read my post very well

what part of "that part of lagos" dont you understand undecided
Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by ShawnMcJoe: 5:08pm On Apr 13, 2018
Please snap Agege, Mushin Olosha or Isolo.
These are only pictures of Victoria Island on a very quiet day and it's quite deceptive
Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by izzou(m): 5:09pm On Apr 13, 2018
nabegibeg:

it is like you did not read my post very well

what part of "that part of lagos" dont you understand undecided
Read the title of this thread and read what the op posted

Anyways, like you said its THAT PART OF lagos.

He should just edit his title to THAT PART OF LAGOS.
It would save a lot of us the data.

Sorry for misunderstanding you
Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by coolh3ad(m): 5:12pm On Apr 13, 2018
AutoReportNG:
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy says a popular saying. After a busy week, man needs to have some hangover and relax over the weekend. AutoReportNG was in Falomo, Awolowo Road in Ikoyi over the weekend, yes, we noticed the dirts are there, all thanks to VisionScape who have become overwhelmed and refused to do their jobs, apart from this, one can't but notice the beauty in Lagos especially when the cars are few on the roads. AutoReportNG decided to take a stroll from Falomo all the way to Muri Okunola, then to some areas in Lagos. The pictures speak for itself, not this is not a sponsored post, this is just a reporter's reportage from his angle.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/04/this-is-what-lagos-looks-like-on.html

Be deceiving yourself there. On Sunday, I agree. ...on Saturday I can never ever agree. At all at all. Lai lai....
Never ever ever....you know the number of owanbes happening on Saturdays. Don't try Lagos on a saturday ooo. A word is enough for the wise...

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by nedu2000(m): 5:12pm On Apr 13, 2018
The Op has of recent been compromised,he has probably been approached due to his/her position as a foremost blogger. Paid to show us the less dirty side of Lagos which isn't up to 10% of the state.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by nedu2000(m): 5:15pm On Apr 13, 2018
Sagay212:

WTF is this man saying? The only people who will be surprised by these funny pictures are people who haven't been to lagos or V.I and lekki people who have never been to the mainland. Man lagos doesn't end on V.I, ikoyi and lekki. Infact if you go to ordinary new market at oniru on a weekend, it won't be this calm. Go to lagos island and see the gra gra even on a weekend not to talk of places like yaba, oyingbo, sabo, okoko, mile2, mile 12 just to mention a few. If you want help your APC government to deceive people, always remember that there are so many other people who were born and raised in lagos and been to almost all nooks and corners of Lagos.

Autojosh seems to be more sincere. Carry your autoreport and go lie to some bush people who haven't been to lagos before.

WHAT A BLATANT AND ANNOYING LIE TO TELL.
well said

1 Like

Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by Iwalk: 5:15pm On Apr 13, 2018
@Op u snap dis picture wen pple where in church on Sunday or late in the evening on sunday#Lolz
Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by Hotzone(m): 5:15pm On Apr 13, 2018
See mega city with poor road network
State restricted traffic momentarily during buhari last visit then the entire masses got craze, so much jam that lasted the whole day.
Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by moscobabs(m): 5:16pm On Apr 13, 2018
AutoReportNG:

Why Sir? Any reason to diagree? Pictures don't lie
That's island. Come to mainland on weekend and see serious traffic, some Lagosian work in Island and go home (mainland) on weekend plus all parties that happen in weekend . Bro take bus from Oshodi to tollgate on Friday or Saturday and give us feedback here

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by olaboy1: 5:22pm On Apr 13, 2018
Why is everyone surprised. Are there no people working on the Island. When I worked on the Island and lived on the mainland, I usually drove from Festac to V.I around 20mins. It was a big shock the first day I did that weekend trip to quickly get something in the office.

I still can’t live on the Island though, it’s more of a business district. Mainland is where one can quickly dash down the street and buy shaki and smoked fish, now that’s what I call eko o ni baje

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos by BabaIbo: 5:33pm On Apr 13, 2018
These pictures doesn't depict what island looks like sef... @op, let me ask you, Ilaje area (Ajah), Abraham adesanya roundabout area, sango-tedo area, VGC roundabout area, ajah roundabout area are they not island, these pictures are early morning pic of some selected part of V.I and Ikoyi precisely Central Business Districts... I think your caption should be this is what some part of V.I and Ikoyi look like on a Sunday morning because the roads are always busy in the evening due to people coming back from outings...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) / Sisy Arias Co-pilot Who Died In The Colombia Crash During Her First Flight / Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.