Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,315 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

The Cowbell Maggot Saga - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Cowbell Maggot Saga (597 Views)

#DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji / Man Dies After Maggot Infestation mouth (PHOTOS) / Graphi; Video /pic Of Maggot Infested Head Of A Lady After Using Brazilian Hair. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Cowbell Maggot Saga by Ayomight(m): 6:07pm On Apr 10, 2018
so i came across this tweet of live maggots inside a properly branded and unexpired cowbell product. cowbell chocolate to be precised!this is not the first time brands take their customers for granted, especially in this part of the world, i call gross misconduct and negligence .......stuffs that will never happen in advanced country.

So a thought just crossed my mind as this is not the first time naija brands make this kind of silly mistakes especially at the expense of people's life(the consumers i mean) i mean what if people had actually ingested this stuff. this is a very huge disappointment on the part of Promasidor who is the parent company of cowbell . i can barely even start to imagine the kind of health issues it would cause to anybody who had taken the product. of course this is just one case we are seeing how many other cases do we know might have happened to many people who maybe did not have access to the internet or do not have a platform on which they could share their experience.

This is a call to the populace. we may not be able to take this to court,but of course we can always seek public opinion and public actions against this kind of nonchalance. i personally feel the family involved should be compensated for probable health damages. i mean surprise is an understatement; how can a maggot be in a sealed product that is supposed to be sold in the market(when it has not expired ) i am sending a DM to the guy who tweeted the stuff to know more about this. This might be a little bit personal for me because i actually know of someone who died of food poisoning last year and what he ate was not even as gross as "ants-and-maggots-in-cowbell-sachet".

please check the tweet, comment and also retweet. https://twitter.com/ChimaNweke/status/983262218547597312?s=19

Re: The Cowbell Maggot Saga by deliciousgeh(f): 6:14pm On Apr 10, 2018
Is cowbell still existing? angry they are only good in maths! Haven't taken their products in yrs
Re: The Cowbell Maggot Saga by Greatzeus(m): 6:28pm On Apr 10, 2018
Lies,millions of packs or sachets are sold and only this person saw maggot why its not completely unbelievable,i will give cowbell the opportunity of doubt,rather than give one attention seeker who has nothing to loose,damaging the reputation of a company who has done a lot for the advancement of Mathematics in the country.
Re: The Cowbell Maggot Saga by MENZPRIDE(m): 7:36pm On Apr 10, 2018
Which kain talk be this?
when una wan spoil person market, na so una dey take start...
from 'killer noodles to cockroach in soft drink', now na "Maggot inside milk"
which one next

Re: The Cowbell Maggot Saga by sunkay007: 8:53pm On Apr 10, 2018
its funny how we never take things serious in this country, Lives are at stake with this issue, and some ignorant people are so quick to take side. This is not to say Cowbell has not done good over the years, but even great brands are still susceptible to mistakes and when they do, its best we point them to it and they own up to it too.

This kind of problem can't happen in developed countries without stern actions from the authorities, or massive public protests.
i believe its the right thing to get them to know this, and still crossing my fingers to see this unfold.

#GetTruthYourSelf

(1) (Reply)

Treat Hormonal Imbalance With Phyto Bliss Herbal Tea / God Greatest Gift To Man On Health Revealed / 11 Amazing Reasons You Should Take Egg Yolks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.