Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency (13114 Views)

Shocking!!!!:Buhari reveals why he doesn't show up for Presidential debates / 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency / Buhari And Tinubu Pictured In Presidential Jet As They Leave For Abidjan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency by blackpanda: 5:39am On Apr 11, 2018
masinga07:

Just read what you typed again and imagine yourself. If I should say how I feel sometimes towards some of you Buhari Zombies en. In your own common sense, is it even right for a presidential candidates to skip debates?

Did obasanjo debate Buhari debated in 2007 and also in 2011. He is not afraid of anybody

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency by MrALIVE: 7:12am On Apr 11, 2018
igbodefendercom:

President Buhari has a right to participate in debates or refuse to do so. There is no where in the constitution or in the electoral act where it is stipulated that a candidate must attend debates.

Giving the extraordinary circumstances our nation is facing, it is not inconceivable that Mr President may not be available for some or all debates.

This is whithout prejudice to our belief in debates as a constituent part of the electoral process.
are you for real If someone who wants to rule for another 4yrs cannot make himself available for debates,then he has nothing to offer..you should be ashamed of yourself for saying this..

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency by MrALIVE: 7:14am On Apr 11, 2018
buhariguy:
Idiotic pigs of biafra say I should tell you to bring your nepa bill certificate along for the debate.

As if they are important to tell my guy what to do.

Before it is too late,
Idiotic pigs of biafra party should run to court to force buhari for debate.

Because I don't want anyone to cry after 2019 election.

Buhari till 2023
sorry for your life...suffering and smiling

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency by plaetton: 7:45am On Apr 11, 2018
SLIMDON88:
Yes he has every right to reject or accept just like he has the right not to eat akpu or ewedu, Presidential Debate is not where to know a good leader

Can you name any country in the world where the top presidential candidates refuse to participate in a presidential debate ?

Aside from campaign slogeneerings , talking points, campaign propaganda, etc, a presidential debate is the best forum for candidates to face off against each other to articulate their own policies, economic visions, agendas, etc, as well as poke holes or repudiate those of their rivals.

A candidate , like we witnessed in 2015, who refuses or has to think twice about participating in a presidential debate either has no vision worthy articulating to the voters or doesn't have the intellectual dexterity with which present his vision, whatever that may be.

Therefore, any candidate lacking the former or the latter is surely unfit for the high office of president, one whose job is to deal with the very complex , very religiously and culturally plural nation such as Nigeria.

Fool me once , shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency by millomaniac: 8:37am On Apr 11, 2018
Walai If buhari participates in a fair public debate make my hand bend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency by obamamate: 8:58am On Apr 11, 2018
igbodefendercom:

President Buhari has a right to participate in debates or refuse to do so. There is no where in the constitution or in the electoral act where it is stipulated that a candidate must attend debates.

Giving the extraordinary circumstances our nation is facing, it is not inconceivable that Mr President may not be available for some or all debates.

This is whithout prejudice to our belief in debates as a constituent part of the electoral process.
shatap

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency by lastmessenger: 8:58am On Apr 11, 2018
How can an empty head participate in a debate?

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 11, 2018
igbodefendercom:

Nigeria is/was never a Nation! Do not fool ursef

1 Like

Re: 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency by Newpride(m): 9:00am On Apr 11, 2018
Calling on pmb to a presidential debate is as good as u wanna disgrace and rubbish our fresident.

What will he tender, the NEPA or something else.

Besides, he doesn’t need any debate..... Nigerians are confused, we don’t know what we want.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency by CharleyBright(m): 9:02am On Apr 11, 2018
Is he supposed to decide? He MUST attend oo.
What is he afraid of?
Isn't Presidential debate a forum for all candidates to elaborately showcase thier Presidential plan and give reasons why he deserved to be e!ected while answering questions from contributors and viewers?
Last election, he failed to appear in the Presidential debate giving reasons that the debate was organised by PDP and will be manipulated by PDP.
Now it is a APC govt, will pdp manipulate the debate again?
I can swear that Buhari will not attend Presidential debate because he doesnt know anything about govefnance or economic issues and of course, he won't be opportuned to have access to written scripts when answering questions.
Nigerians want to use Presidential debate to embarrass Buhari?? Forget it, he won't attend.
Did he even acquire School Certificate?

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:02am On Apr 11, 2018
He's scared.
But what's he even going to say ? Does he think the debates will be conducted in hausa ?

1 Like

Re: 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency by exlinkleads(f): 9:07am On Apr 11, 2018
hahahahahahaha

hahahahahahha

hahahahahshshsjjs

he will never try it

nothing up there at all

1 Like

Re: 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency by Saintp(m): 9:08am On Apr 11, 2018
He has the right to participate in debates or not. However, for someone who knows what he is doing, debates is a platform to show yourself. if he is contemplating skipping it, then you know why, no be my mouth you go hear am.

What Nigerians should do is to put pressure on NASS to amend electoral laws and make live debates compulsory. If this is done, buhari will not have any hiding place, lol. In fact, if this is done, it is possible that buhari will willingly drop his 2nd term ambition jejely.

But then I will like to see buhari on live TV debate being asked specific questions. It will make a good laugh.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency by gurunlocker: 9:10am On Apr 11, 2018
Using style to tell us that he won't participate in the debate because of the dullard he is.... There's no one to give me already written answer like the speech he always read without even knowing what he is saying.

He will be surely exposed if he go for the debate, so we already know he won't go.

Nigerians should be wise this time, assuming he went for debate the last time, most won't have fell for this government trap.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency by leye4u: 9:12am On Apr 11, 2018
SLIMDON88:
Yes he has every right to reject or accept just like he has the right not to eat akpu or ewedu, Presidential Debate is not where to know a good leader
how do we know?....Lord ! Deliver Africa from this mental bondage

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency by Ikegagwuha: 9:13am On Apr 11, 2018
He would not dare come for a debate, if he dares it the faster he facilitate his journey back to Daura

1 Like

Re: 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency by leye4u: 9:18am On Apr 11, 2018
buhariguy:
Idiotic pigs of biafra say I should tell you to bring your nepa bill certificate along for the debate.

Before it is too late,

Buhari till 2023
One thing am so grateful to God for is that it is the Zombies that are feeling the heat of this cursed regime the most around here,them dey chop suffer like garri yet they never get sense..the celebration of mediocrity has become the hallmark of their lives and has reflected in all their endeavours.....God is surely real and a God of Justice too

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency by CharleyBright(m): 9:19am On Apr 11, 2018
buhariguy:
and he will win the election, nothing you can do about it

Aren't you embarrassed that you are supporting a Presidential candidate who is afraid to debate his po!icy plan?
On what basis are you suporting him then if he isn't knowledgeable enough on governance and go attend a debate?
Shows how clueless you people ijn the north can be when making choices & what you strand for.
Who is more foolish? You or him?
Both of you!!

1 Like

Re: 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency by omocalabar(m): 9:26am On Apr 11, 2018
We all know he won't show up...so cut the crap

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency by petenweke: 9:27am On Apr 11, 2018
What does Donald Trump, Uhuru Kenyetta and Buhari have on common?
They are all despotic, all got tutuledge from Cambridge Analytica during their campaigns and they all didn't attend the presidential debates.
It's a cambridge anlytica strategy not to attend such platforms. So Buhari will definitely not attend
Re: 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency by buhariguy(m): 9:31am On Apr 11, 2018
sekundosekundo:

You're a pastor of which church?

cheesy chai I pity your members cheesy
I preach the truth, unlike those fake pastors that preach for money
Re: 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency by DidierDrogba: 9:32am On Apr 11, 2018
buhariguy:

Before it is too late,

Buhari till 2023
your stupidity is so amazing and you are very proud of it....jisike

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency by joeyswift(m): 9:35am On Apr 11, 2018
He will only participate, if BBC Hausa will anchor the debate

1 Like

Re: 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency by colchesky: 9:37am On Apr 11, 2018
Whether he participates or not, it won't save him from the disgrace waiting for him in 2019. He must be relegated back to Daura.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency by Josnac(m): 9:40am On Apr 11, 2018
Will he tell us anything thing new other than to recite his imaginary looters list ably compiled.by Liar Mohammed??

Or how his popular demand for continuation from Fulani herdsmen who he uses state security resources to cover spurned his decision to contest?

This man and his handlers will do anything to remain in power...including frustrating people's bid to secure their PVC down south as against what's happening in the North.

please who knows the shortest route to Ghana biko??

1 Like

Re: 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency by DMathematical: 9:48am On Apr 11, 2018
You come across as eloquent.

But let's face it, is the electoral process even meaningful if candidates are too busy to defend their ideas in a competent debate?

Is it a crime to support descent standards in our electoral process and practice of democracy as a whole?

Is there no limit to what is defensible in the name of loyalty

igbodefendercom:

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency by kay5you: 9:53am On Apr 11, 2018
Lmao! We all know this fool can never debate.
May God deliver us from this old cargo Buhari

1 Like

Re: 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency by asawanathegreat(m): 10:04am On Apr 11, 2018
The masses will decide his fate come 2019

1 Like

Re: 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency by NairaMaster1(m): 10:09am On Apr 11, 2018
igbodefendercom:

What's this one saying? Just listen to your conscience.

Tomorrow now you people will be shouting they poison him. Sentiment won't allow patriotism.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency by NairaMaster1(m): 10:12am On Apr 11, 2018
Dcomrade:

Im not a bully... Just wondering how can a sane person say it's not necessary for Buhari to attend debates.... Like seriously can't he just tell us what he has done and what he intends to do in the debates? It's sad to support such rubbish. Buhari and his supporters feel Buhari is doing Nigerians a favour by being our President so he can decide to do whatever he likes. Makes no sense to any sane mind. undecided

Don't mind all these I pledge to buhari my president instead of I pledge to Nigeria my country.

They lack patriotism. Tomorrow they will be shouting they poison him. Blood will flow.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Buhari To Decide Participation In Presidential Debates - Presidency by NairaMaster1(m): 10:13am On Apr 11, 2018
igbodefendercom:

We didn't say he would or would not debate. We only said if he chooses not to, he is within his rights. The debates haven't even come and you guys are already hyperventilating.

While are you using we?

Na wa for you oooo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? / Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet / Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.